The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New places to try
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:14 pm 
Junior

Always on the look out for new place to try out,.

Was recommended Suite 48 Grill and Lounge Bar (unusual name?) however see the review on Cyprus Mail today and not exactly glowing. I guess we are all different.

Anybody been who would like to share their experiences?

Can i ask does the Harris Bar still have the live music on a Monday afternoon? was excellent back in May. Is it me or is it more pleasurable to drink in the day time rather than the night!

Post subject: Re: New places to try
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:16 pm 
Top of the pops

Wish I was there wrote:
Always on the look out for new place to try out,.

Was recommended Suite 48 Grill and Lounge Bar (unusual name?) however see the review on Cyprus Mail today and not exactly glowing. I guess we are all different.

Anybody been who would like to share their experiences?

Can i ask does the Harris Bar still have the live music on a Monday afternoon? was excellent back in May. Is it me or is it more pleasurable to drink in the day time rather than the night!

If you are looking for different places to try out then if you have wheels there are several excellent places in Kathikas .
Yiannis who have a cracking Greek night once a week with huge buffet, greek live music and dancing and a family friendly atmosphere.
Petradaki a traditional more upmarket venue with great views and food.
The farmyard that do themed food nights, rather expat but still good value for money.
Imogens which a lot like but we were never overly impressed, small portions and higher prices but ok.
there are a couple of others there and a small sports bar if that is what you are into.

Latchi Harbour have several to choose from as have Polis and Argaka area.

The last castle on the Akamas is breathtaking for scenery and a basic but good BBQ option but don't take a small car as the road is very rough, find someone with a 4x4 to take you, well worth the run out.

Just a few to try when you are over. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 pm 
Top of the pops

If you want a special night out ...

try Gourmet Taverna next to Tea for Two on the Harbour front..we have been eating here for the last 6 years and never had a bad meal ever....fabulous service with amazing food cooked by a fabulous chef.

For traditional Cypriot food cooked by an outstanding chef....the outstanding Koutourou in Old Paphos just before The Muse is excellent...people travel from all over to eat at this restaurant ...you will need to book as popular and busy ...but fabulous ambience

The New Italian Napoli 1552 in Peyia ...has a small but great menu...and now also has live music Guitarist on a Saturday...we went last week ...it was awesome...and a girl singer on a Tuesday...again pre book to make sure of a table as a wonderful small Italian Taverna..just before Haris Bar

Cap St George is also new..just before Agios Georgio....small selection of meals.excellent service....sat in the most amazing setting by the sea, it,s a bit more upmarket...so costs a bit more ...but comfy stylish furniture and setting is awesome....even for us after 7 years here...we truly feel on holiday when we go there to watch the sunset and have a meal

and there are my few...have loads more

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 am 
Junior

Many thanks for your recommendations. Will be sure to try a couple - I do like eating out in the villages - far more authentic and often better value.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:14 am 
Top of the pops

Wish I was there wrote:
Many thanks for your recommendations. Will be sure to try a couple - I do like eating out in the villages - far more authentic and often better value.

Cheers

Try Koutourou then for the most authentic local Cypriot dishes...cooked to very high standards.
Dimitris the chef is one of the top chefs in Cyprus
It is a tapas meze style of eating where you get to choose the dishes you want to eat
The Fava as a dip and Aubergine cream with salad is delicious as is the Halumi in Honey
As just a couple of ideas
Everyone we take there raves about the food and ambience
People travel from Nicosia and even as far away as Israel to eat at this amazing taverna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:44 am 

Quote:- "Can i ask does the Harris Bar still have the live music on a Monday afternoon?"

YES :grin:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:53 am 
Major

migmogs wrote:
If you want a special night out ...

and there are my few...have loads more

Thanks for the recommendations. My tummy is rumbling despite just having had breakfast ... :greetings

Will definitely try some of them.

A.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:47 pm 
Junior

Lucos's The Village Inn in Mesa Chorio small but always busy especially with Cypriots, and there is Liza's Place in Argaka the sea is just across the road.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:32 pm 
Major

migmogs wrote:

Try Koutourou then for the most authentic local Cypriot dishes...cooked to very high standards.
Dimitris the chef is one of the top chefs in Cyprus
It is a tapas meze style of eating where you get to choose the dishes you want to eat
The Fava as a dip and Aubergine cream with salad is delicious as is the Halumi in Honey
As just a couple of ideas
Everyone we take there raves about the food and ambience
People travel from Nicosia and even as far away as Israel to eat at this amazing taverna

Had a light lunch there today. Excellent quality and superb ambience.

We combined it with a visit at the "Life of the Death" exhibition at the Old Powerhouse - a short stroll away across the newly renovated parts of old Paphos.

A.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:41 pm 
Top of the pops

So pleased that you enjoyed your lunch at Koutourou
The antiques type museum inside is amazing isn,t it
We are going for dinner tonight, can,t wait

Hope that you enjoyed your Life of Death exhibition

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body