The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Forum
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 am 
Rock Star

I have been accused by one or two members of putting items on the forum not relevant to Paphos people, Weeks ago I read a post from MAD in which he said the forum was not just about Paphos it was about the people on here and what effects them be it here in Cyprus or back in the UK, or what ever country you come from.
There will always be differences of opinion and hopefully that will continue but show respect when responding, if you take umbrage with a member as Dave said do not have to respond there are several options open to you, PM the originator of the topic, PM the moderators or do not respond.
I will continue to put up topics that I feel may be of interest to members be it politics, general news here in Cyprus or back in the UK, not to be allowed to do so is censorship without cause, if anyone does not like my posts then use one of the three options.
Again.
PM the originator
PM the moderators
Ignore the post

Post subject: Re: The Forum
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:11 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
I have been accused by one or two members of putting items on the forum not relevant to Paphos people, Weeks ago I read a post from MAD in which he said the forum was not just about Paphos it was about the people on here and what effects them be it here in Cyprus or back in the UK, or what ever country you come from.
There will always be differences of opinion and hopefully that will continue but show respect when responding, if you take umbrage with a member as Dave said do not have to respond there are several options open to you, PM the originator of the topic, PM the moderators or do not respond.
I will continue to put up topics that I feel may be of interest to members be it politics, general news here in Cyprus or back in the UK, not to be allowed to do so is censorship without cause, if anyone does not like my posts then use one of the three options.
Again.
PM the originator
PM the moderators
Ignore the post

:agree :goodpost
the other option is mark them as "foes" - go the User Control Panel to do this.
Once done you will not see any further posts from them.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 pm 
Regular

Thank you for that, LV. Thst information was most well thought out and enlightening. I shall certainly keep a copy of your suggestions for future reference.

Or maybe I will follow Geoffs advice.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:02 am 
Junior

Hi all,

Why do we seem to live in a world where if somebody says something we don't agree with then some people think it is ok to attack them?
A forum is somewhere where people should be encouraged to view there opinions and as long as not hateful it is fine to differ. Its called democracy and many people have died in the past so that we are able to speak out.

Paul

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:12 pm 
Rock Star

Wish I wish there wrote:
Hi all,

Why do we seem to live in a world where if somebody says something we don't agree with then some people think it is ok to attack them?
A forum is somewhere where people should be encouraged to view there opinions and as long as not hateful it is fine to differ. Its called democracy and many people have died in the past so that we are able to speak out.

Paul

"Wish I wish there" fully agree with you
Some people/members have to take out their frustrations on someone, once they start one or two others of the same ilk join in. The vast majority of members are fine and enjoy some banter, even Neil joined in the banter about Polemi being like the film 'Deliverance' and often finished his posts concerning Polemi with 'Diddle um dum dum' (sounds of the Banjo in the film) whilst a certain element misconstrue, deliberately take out of context what you've posted.
I joked about a post regarding Hull becoming the 'City of Culture' saying 'City of Clutter and wow world war three broke out. In bygone ages I'd have been burnt at the stake, sent to a concentration camp or today stoned for blasphemy.
Sad because the majority of members are fine just a certain element stirring it at every opportunity.
The greatest hero for democracy in more recent times was Ed Murrow who stood up against the 'McCarthy Witch hunts' and in just one TV broadcast he finished McCarthy forever. Ed Murrow champion of democracy.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Wish I wish there wrote:
Hi all,

Paul

:agree Hello Paul. I see that was only your 7th posting on PP, but a very warm welcome, especially after reading such a warm and responsive narrative. Hope to hear much more from you in the future. :greetings :congrats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:27 pm 
Top of the pops

"Some people/members have to take out their frustrations on someone, once they start one or two others of the same ilk join in. The vast majority of members are fine and enjoy some banter, even Neil joined in the banter about Polemi being like the film 'Deliverance' and often finished his posts concerning Polemi with 'Diddle um dum dum' (sounds of the Banjo in the film) whilst a certain element misconstrue, deliberately take out of context what you've posted.
I joked about a post regarding Hull becoming the 'City of Culture' saying 'City of Clutter and wow world war three broke out. In bygone ages I'd have been burnt at the stake, sent to a concentration camp or today stoned for blasphemy.
Sad because the majority of members are fine just a certain element stirring it at every opportunity. "

Bassman, you have a strange take on what are and what are not acceptable posts. Anyone posting anything in disagreement with you or criticising you in any way is immediately deemed a sniper or a bully. And are duly reported to admin as such. Yet you consider it acceptable and "banter" to post rude and offensive comments about other members.

Yes, members are fine and enjoy banter, but your comments re Polemi and Hull - let alone others too numerous to mention - were nowhere near banter, they were offensive and rude. The Polemi comments in particular, which were resurrected on another forum fairly recently for anyone interested to read. You also use the forum to continually post veiled comments about others, which I find personally offensive. You even accuse others of manipulating forums to get you banned. Not sure which forums these are Bassman, but my opinion of all the current admins and owners are that they are perfectly capable of reaching their own conclusions as to who should be banned without any input from members. Perhaps you're an exception. In which case, good for you, I'm certainly not part of that gilded category.

The reality check is yours I'm afraid, stop posting rude, offensive and snide comments of your own about others, or accept the flack which comes in response. A good alternative would be to post informative and useful information. Think about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:00 pm 
Top of the pops

George. Don't mean to be intrusive, but as you have posted on PP re yourself and Bassman, just wanted to try and mediate if that is possible. Do you remember when you and I used to have regular spats on her 3 - 4 years ago? Then we pm'd one another, and privately we sorted things out between us, and I have to say that since then I have much respected your view towards me, even when we don't always agree on a subject. I just wondered if the same could happen between yourself and Bassman, as it would be good on the forum to have you both "agreeing to disagree". You are both contributors on here and I am sure it would be a benefit to PP if that could happen. :greetings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:08 pm 
Rock Star

George wrote:
"Some people/members have to take out their frustrations on someone, once they start one or two others of the same ilk join in. The vast majority of members are fine and enjoy some banter, even Neil joined in the banter about Polemi being like the film 'Deliverance' and often finished his posts concerning Polemi with 'Diddle um dum dum' (sounds of the Banjo in the film) whilst a certain element misconstrue, deliberately take out of context what you've posted.
Sad because the majority of members are fine just a certain element stirring it at every opportunity. "

Bassman, you have a strange take on what are and what are not acceptable posts. Anyone posting anything in disagreement with you or criticising you in any way is immediately deemed a sniper or a bully. And are duly reported to admin as such. Yet you consider it acceptable and "banter" to post rude and offensive comments about other members.

Yes, members are fine and enjoy banter, but your comments re Polemi and Hull - let alone others too numerous to mention - were nowhere near banter, they were offensive and rude. The Polemi comments in particular, which were resurrected on another forum fairly recently for anyone interested to read. You also use the forum to continually post veiled comments about others, which I find personally offensive. You even accuse others of manipulating forums to get you banned. Not sure which forums these are Bassman, but my opinion of all the current admins and owners are that they are perfectly capable of reaching their own conclusions as to who should be banned without any input from members. Perhaps you're an exception. In which case, good for you, I'm certainly not part of that gilded category.

The reality check is yours I'm afraid, stop posting rude, offensive and snide comments of your own about others, or accept the flack which comes in response. A good alternative would be to post informative and useful information. Think about it.

I have nothing to think about, regarding Polemi even Neil joined in and accepted the banter, you must lead a very miserable life and I really do feel sorry for the situation that you find yourself in especially when you have to question my posts at every opportunity. As a professional musician I've worked with comedians and have a good idea what is acceptable and what isn't, so just keep off my back and look after your own interests.

So some sick person chose to have a dig at me about banjos on the sad post regarding Glen Campbell's illness, how sick/sad is that or in your mind I take it that you find that is acceptable. I'm a great admirer of Glen Campbell as I know his history as a musician and entertainer.
I said that it would be nice to meet any members who cared to come to the 'Olive Tree' in Polemi and straight away a snotty comment was passed and yet I get the blame. Yes there are some sad people here but luckily most are decent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:36 pm 
Top of the pops

Dave you have a pm

Regards
Jacs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:34 pm 
Rock Star

George wrote:
Dave you have a pm

Regards
Jacs

Yes I do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:04 pm 
Junior

Hi Bassman

Hope one day to bump into you at the Olive Tree in Polemi. Been a while but love the place. Maybe I will have a ride out in September.

The world would be rather dull if we all took life and ourselves too seriously.

I repeat from an earlier post as long as not hateful or mindless attacking an individual for what they are or their beliefs it is good to be different. Sometimes I take an opposing view just to be playful!! Bit naughty I know.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Wish I wish there wrote:
Hi Bassman

Hope one day to bump into you at the Olive Tree in Polemi. Been a while but love the place. Maybe I will have a ride out in September.

I repeat from an earlier post as long as not hateful or mindless attacking an individual for what they are or their beliefs it is good to be different. Sometimes I take an opposing view just to be playful!! Bit naughty I know.

"...Bit naughty I know"
You should do well on this forum.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:47 pm 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
Wish I wish there wrote:
Hi Bassman

"...Bit naughty I know"
You should do well on this forum.
Geoff.

Like it. :celeb2

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body