The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The burning question
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:17 pm 
Regular

The burning question is are Artlin and OhSusana from a different place one and the same?

Last edited by Poppytim on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The burning queztion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:31 pm 
Regular

That did cross my mind earlier Poppy.

Post subject: Re: The burning question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 am 
Rock Star

Last time I crossed swords with Artlin was not funny and led to a telling off, his last comment on my last post I do not intend to answer, I will answer any legitimate question and ignore the rest he his very childish and to reply is what he wants, suggest we all do the same, he wants confrontation and gets his kicks out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Last time I crossed swords with Artlin was not funny and led to a telling off, his last comment on my last post I do not intend to answer, I will answer any legitimate question and ignore the rest he his very childish and to reply is what he wants, suggest we all do the same, he wants confrontation and gets his kicks out of it.

:agree Well said lowvoltage. Agreed. :greetings

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:57 am 
Star

I find his comments every bit as interesting as others.
If he has any aliases is no concern, as others do it.
If he says anything out of order then admin will deal with it.
Witch hunt posts are out of order.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:05 am 
Rock Star

I find that if you have a tendency to sit on the fence, then getting splinters in your glutinus maximus is an occupational hazard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:53 am 
Rock Star

Agreed, his comments are a interesting but he has a tendency to be nasty and vicious and that is wrong, it is quite simply internet abuse.
Constructive dialogue and various opinions is what makes this site fun, in other posts on the site members have said they no longer post because of people like him, this really is very sad because it is a good forum, I miss those members because they were informative and friendly.

What you also have to consider, the majority of members are mature citizens, at their age do they need this - NO they do not, you cannot keep letting people like this away with trolling, what is the answer I do not know apart from ignoring them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:18 am 
Star

Why is it a "Burning Question"?

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:31 am 
Top of the pops

Jim B wrote:

Jim

Read from the beginning of the thread (not many posts) but you should be able to glean the reason for the title from the comments ( after 836 posts by you alone). :morning

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am 
Regular

I beg your pardon, paphos people??

You lot need to lighten up.

Take some chill pills.

Have another Keo. NO, don't do that. Clearly some of you have had enough already.

Honestly, look at yourselves.

Try looking at the topics in Day to Day life and see WHO starts the threads.

60% are started by the same individual. Mostly as a vague one liner. The latest Corbyn Glastonbury topic is A TYPICAL.

Then along comes the usual half dozen sheep to agree wholeheartedly with him.

How can anyone RATIONAL take any of this seriously?

The forum is supposed to be about day to day life in PAPHOS CYPRUS and topics that effect people living there.

However, the forum has been completely taken over by a small number of like minded individuals who are intent on getting over their own political views regarding the Tories, Teresa May and Brexit.

Why??

Because they are scared.

Scared about change, scared that they may be personally affected, scared that their nice little lives living on a sunny island in the med with low council tax, cheap beer and a cosy way of life might just be being threatened.

I think this definition is what I am getting at .......

...... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

Go back through this forum and see when it started to change. About a year ago. The brexit referendum. Lots of nastiness started by certain members and anyone with an opposing view was shot down.

Well that is fine because now you have the chat room all to yourselves.

Are you happy? I doubt it.

What you all need to bear in mind is one thing.

You firmly believe that you are expats living in a colonial world where "britain rules the sea", where, if the fuzzy wuzzies start causing trouble, the Queen (gawd bless er) will send a gun boat to sort them out.

Well I have news for you. Actually, you are all immigrants living in an EU country that Britain is about to leave.

Those of you who burned their boats wil find yourselves penniless and homeless, the illegals amongst you (and there are many) will be turfed out. The holiday makers will see there properties drop in value or even confiscated.

I have no idea what the other forum is Poppy or Tim but you starting this thread just about sums up what I have said.

You just cannot bear anyone to have a different viewpoint from yourselves so you have to start digging people out and ganging up on them.

Good try but I think that it may backfire.

You have driven a lot of nice people off of this forum.

Next time someone replies to a topic just think this to yourselves ...

"Is the reply a serious opposite argument to my well thought out topic

OR

Is someone winding me up because my topic was just plain stupid in the first place?"

Really, paphos people. You should all start getting out more. The sun is shinning, the Keo is cold. Enjoy it whilst you can. Take a walk, go for a swim, enjoy a conversation with your neighbours.

You never know, it may end soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 am 
Uncle D wrote:

Well said, unfortunately theres a small group, who think only there view is right, will someone please explain to some on here, how a forum works, everyone's points are valid, and as long as people are not abusive then, whats the problem....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 pm 
Star

SFD wrote:
Jim B wrote:

Jim

Read from the beginning of the thread (not many posts) but you should be able to glean the reason for the title from the comments ( after 836 posts by you alone). :morning

You only have to look at this topic and the stupid aliases people use so what is so burning about someone else using another alias Monica? 836 (sorry 837) averages about two posts a week over the time I've been posting on PP, not as prolific as some.
I personally like artlin's posts,; he/she says how it is as far as I'm concerned.

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm 
Regular

So Artlin have you gone? Just a small comment on your post if you are still here to see it.Quite a few of us on here no longer live in Paphos but back in the UK however many of us still retain an interest in Paphos whether it be because we own property there, holiday there or whatever. I honestly do not think there is an excess of tory supporters on this forum rather evenly spread I would have thought however we may debate but rarely are we so downright rude to each other as you have been.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:10 pm 
Regular

Poppytim wrote:
So Artlin have you gone? Just a small comment on your post if you are still here to see it.Quite a few of us on here no longer live in Paphos but back in the UK however many of us still retain an interest in Paphos whether it be because we own property there, holiday there or whatever. I honestly do not think there is an excess of tory supporters on this forum rather evenly spread I would have thought however we may debate but rarely are we so downright rude to each other as you have been.

Gone, Poppy or Tim! Gone where? Not with you, old chap.

Not an excess of Tory voters? Seriously!! That is certainly NOT how it has come across in last few months. Some of the absolute abuse that has been directed at Jeremy Corbyn and Nicola Sturgeon has been downright liablous at times, certainly not what I call "debate". Just to be absolutely clear on this subject, I am not a political person. I believe that people should take care of themselves not rely on government officials to do it for them. No matter which party is in power the common person always end up worse off!!
Of course you are not rude to each other because you are always in agreement.

As I have already said, if the posts were LESS POLITICAL and more about every day topics then maybe more people would join the conversations.

When the member from the East of the island is not being political then he has some very interesting ideas to add to the forum. Unfortunately other members just are nit interested.

Ce la vie.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:28 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
Poppytim wrote:

Gone, Poppy or Tim! Gone where? Not with you, old chap.

Not an excess of Tory voters? Seriously!! That is certainly NOT how it has come across in last few months. Some of the absolute abuse that has been directed at Jeremy Corbyn and Nicola Sturgeon has been downright liablous at times, certainly not what I call "debate". Just to be absolutely clear on this subject, I am not a political person. I believe that people should take care of themselves not rely on government officials to do it for them. No matter which party is in power the common person always end up worse off!!
Of course you are not rude to each other because you are always in agreement.

As I have already said, if the posts were LESS POLITICAL and more about every day topics then maybe more people would join the conversations.

When the member from the East of the island is not being political then he has some very interesting ideas to add to the forum. Unfortunately other members just are nit interested.

Ce la vie.

Tres Bien Artlin! :lala
Geoff.
East of the Island Member.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 pm 
Regular

Oh dear Jim B-looks like your opinion might just be corroborated or influenced by a low level troll only in it to make antagonists annoyed or adherents looks stupid :lol:

Must be a bit like being bounced up and down on Jimmy Savile's knee as a kid and thinking you're in for the best day of your life :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:38 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:

:agree Perhaps best to just ignore it, as has only joined PP to cause friction.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:46 am 
Star

Topgun wrote:
I find that if you have a tendency to sit on the fence, then getting splinters in your glutinus maximus is an occupational hazard.

Or even worse a baiting post from an action hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:27 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Or even worse a baiting post from an action hero

If the shoe fits Uncle D, found the tweezers yet?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:22 pm 
Rock Star

Uncle D wrote:

They are but nothing seems to be done about them, certain members are allowed to post rude and openly offensive, directed posts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:31 pm 
Rock Star

Poppytim wrote:
however we may debate but rarely are we so downright rude to each other as you have been.

Not as "downright" rude true but in actual fact more rude as certain members (not artlin) are.

Last edited by Bassman63 on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:35 pm 
Rock Star

COYS wrote:
Uncle D wrote:

Well said, unfortunately theres a small group, who think only there view is right, will someone please explain to some on here, how a forum works, everyone's points are valid, and as long as people are not abusive then, whats the problem....

The problem is the some (not all) forums have hit men/stirrers who are encouraged to cause trouble for some members then the lemmings join in getting the victim banned.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:38 pm 
Regular

Bassman63 wrote:
Not as "downright" rude true but in actual fact more rude as certain members (not artlin) not are.

Is that a complement, BM?

I cannot unravel your grammar. Double or treble negative.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:41 pm 
Regular

Bassman63 wrote:
COYS wrote:
Uncle D wrote:

The problem is the some (not all) forums have hit men/stirrers who are encouraged to cause trouble for some members then the lemmings join in getting the victim banned.

:congrats :agree

It is just plain bullying. Unfortunately it is too anonymous.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:22 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
I beg your pardon, paphos people??

You lot need to lighten up.

Take some chill pills.

Have another Keo. NO, don't do that. Clearly some of you have had enough already.

Honestly, look at yourselves.

Try looking at the topics in Day to Day life and see WHO starts the threads.

60% are started by the same individual. Mostly as a vague one liner. The latest Corbyn Glastonbury topic is A TYPICAL.

Then along comes the usual half dozen sheep to agree wholeheartedly with him.

How can anyone RATIONAL take any of this seriously?

The forum is supposed to be about day to day life in PAPHOS CYPRUS and topics that effect people living there.

However, the forum has been completely taken over by a small number of like minded individuals who are intent on getting over their own political views regarding the Tories, Teresa May and Brexit.

Why??

Because they are scared.

Scared about change, scared that they may be personally affected, scared that their nice little lives living on a sunny island in the med with low council tax, cheap beer and a cosy way of life might just be being threatened.

I think this definition is what I am getting at .......

...... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenophobia

Go back through this forum and see when it started to change. About a year ago. The brexit referendum. Lots of nastiness started by certain members and anyone with an opposing view was shot down.

Well that is fine because now you have the chat room all to yourselves.

Are you happy? I doubt it.

What you all need to bear in mind is one thing.

You firmly believe that you are expats living in a colonial world where "britain rules the sea", where, if the fuzzy wuzzies start causing trouble, the Queen (gawd bless er) will send a gun boat to sort them out.

Well I have news for you. Actually, you are all immigrants living in an EU country that Britain is about to leave.

Those of you who burned their boats wil find yourselves penniless and homeless, the illegals amongst you (and there are many) will be turfed out. The holiday makers will see there properties drop in value or even confiscated.

I have no idea what the other forum is Poppy or Tim but you starting this thread just about sums up what I have said.

You just cannot bear anyone to have a different viewpoint from yourselves so you have to start digging people out and ganging up on them.

Good try but I think that it may backfire.

You have driven a lot of nice people off of this forum.

Next time someone replies to a topic just think this to yourselves ...

"Is the reply a serious opposite argument to my well thought out topic

OR

Is someone winding me up because my topic was just plain stupid in the first place?"

Really, paphos people. You should all start getting out more. The sun is shinning, the Keo is cold. Enjoy it whilst you can. Take a walk, go for a swim, enjoy a conversation with your neighbours.

You never know, it may end soon.

You must hold the record for the most insults in one posting ever. You must also be the most,insulting, arrogant, obnoxious, demeaning, individual ever. Paphos People is SUPPOSED to be about normal people giving views and information here. But according to you, it is out of order for a person to start more than a few threads, and if others agree with that person then they become sheep? You then have a go at those living here as being "colonials" and make further stupid and insulting comments. That is very rich coming from someone who doesn't even dare give his or her location - coward. No wonder this site has lost so many darned good informative members recently, as no matter which way they post on here, they are always in the wrong as far as you are concerned. You seem to me to be a rather nasty piece of work who loves to cause trouble where there was none before. Finally you suggest we "have another Keo". I would suggest you are on the Keo's all the time, thus the blatantly disgusting way you like to treat fellow human beings. No doubt you will answer this in your usual disgusting manner, but at least I know that what I am saying is true, and if you read your own epistle back to yourself you might just realise that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:39 pm 
Rock Star

artlin wrote:
Bassman63 wrote:
Not as "downright" rude true but in actual fact more rude as certain members (not artlin) not are.

Is that a complement, BM?

I cannot unravel your grammar. Double or treble negative.

Sorry not quite myself today, I was at A&E in the UK last night 7.5 hours until 00.10 this morning, 12 X-rays and an MRI scan . I fell down our staircase when my wrist gave way on the bannister rail. I had an accident on a broken paver in Jan 2014 which caused me to have surgery on it 3 times and has left a weakness in my left wrist.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:45 pm 
Top of the pops

Hope all goes well for you John, and that the accident has no long term effects. :greetings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:43 am 
Idol

What the hell is going on here?

No idea why the thread was started in the first place but it all seems totally senseless and started out as confrontational in the first place....

What difference does it make if it's one and the same person and even more concerning, why is it an act of cowardice just because someone doesn't state their location?

The whole thread has turned into a witch hunt as I see it.... I think the heat is starting to take its toll on several of the forum members.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:54 pm 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave wrote:
Hope all goes well for you John, and that the accident has no long term effects. :greetings

Many thanks Dave.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body