The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corbyn and Glastonbury
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:42 pm 
Rock Star

I will let the headlines tell the story, I will only highlight that he would rather go to a music festival to spout off than salute the servicemen and women.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:50 pm 
Star

As far as I'm concerned this about sums him up in my opinion, no respect for our Veterans at all!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Yorkshire Lady wrote:
As far as I'm concerned this about sums him up in my opinion, no respect for our Veterans at all!

And he's attempting to influence gullible members of the younger generations ( those who cannot see through his intentions) ..... Devious and dangerous !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:23 pm 
Major

More votes available from young influential kids who have never experienced a left wing government, unlike veterans who have.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:37 pm 
Top of the pops

jonno wrote:
More votes available from young influential kids who have never experienced a left wing government, unlike veterans who have.

They are going to have to learn like the rest of us (incl veterans) of a certain age had to.
Labour Governments I have known, I am 73, have all ended up the same way and the country has always ended up bankrupt.
Glastonbury can have him! If I was a services veteran he is the last person I would want present on Armed Forces Day.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:46 pm 
Top of the pops

Tories need to get their act together PDQ, otherwise this clown may well be in Downing Street and it will be goodbye UK.com for a helluva long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:56 pm 
Regular

Did he actually have an Armed Forces Day appointment? I don't have access to he's diary so I cannot say.

Maybe he had nothing scheduled.

How is he "snubbing" something?

He is leader of the labour party not a government official, why should he be at a scheduled Armed Forces Day event?

How many on here attended such an event?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm 
Rock Star

On Friday Labour on their site and using twitter and other social media (google it) apologised to the City of Liverpool that Jeremy Corbyn could not attend the armed forces day because he was double booked, he was due to attend an event in Somerset. He was also invited to Burnham on sea which is 15 miles from the festival, YES 15 MILES AWAY did he attend no he did not, did he attend any armed forces events - wait for it - NO.

So he sent he sent Nia Griffith the labour Defence Secretary who "quote" made apologies for his absence he had another important engagement.

Gasp, what is more important a music festival or the forces, now to clarify another members question, he is an elected MP and the leader of the opposition and diplomacy decrees he must attend this type of engagement. (Theresa May Did also other senior members of the Conservatives)

All he wanted was show a load of young people he is more popular than anyone else, time the pantomime stopped and he gets real and realises he will not be the next PM, do you want this man as your PM if the pooh hits the fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:44 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
Tories need to get their act together PDQ, otherwise this clown may well be in Downing Street and it will be goodbye UK.com for a helluva long time.

You are dead right.
I often posted on this forum during the last 12 months about Corbyn that it was a mistake to write him off; at the time he had fallen out with the PLP but had massive public support.
I was proved right by the General Election result. Corbyn is a seasoned campaigner, good (?) old fashioned Labour, and superb people communication skills.
The Conservatives must (IMO) be cream quackers to be doing a deal with the DUP.
I mean would YOU trust the DUP?
I am very pleased I live in Cyprus and not in the UK anymore.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:45 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
Did he actually have an Armed Forces Day appointment? I don't have access to he's diary so I cannot say.

Maybe he had nothing scheduled.

How is he "snubbing" something?

He is leader of the labour party not a government official, why should he be at a scheduled Armed Forces Day event?

How many on here attended such an event?

Oh my goodness. Some people always have to be objectionable, don't they? :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
George wrote:

You are dead right.
I often posted on this forum during the last 12 months about Corbyn that it was a mistake to write him off; at the time he had fallen out with the PLP but had massive public support.
I was proved right by the General Election result. Corbyn is a seasoned campaigner, good (?) old fashioned Labour, and superb people communication skills.
Geoff.

But would you prefer the UK to have Corbyn and his IRA pals to be in power ? :doh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:03 pm 
Regular

A music event is far more important than an armed forces event.

What do the armed forces ever do except kill people. When they are not killing people they are just a drain on valuable resources that could go to helping the ageing population of Britain, those that still live there anyway. This type of activity should not be encouraged. It is just typical of that old hag that currently resides in No 10 to go all the way the Liverpool to show her haggard old mug at such an event. The sooner someone kicks her crippled old bidy out of that job the better. Anyone who considers making a deal with Irish terrorists, no matter which side of the coin, does not deserve to represent this country.

Meanwhile, back at Glastonbury, people (of ALL ages) are having a bit of fun. Congratulations to Jezza for turning up there and encouraging the festival folk to "turn on and drop out".

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:18 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
geoffreys wrote:
George wrote:

You are dead right.
Geoff.

But would you prefer the UK to have Corbyn and his IRA pals to be in power ? :doh

No way I want Corbyn in No. 10. NO WAY.
Which is why I voted Conservative in the recent General Election.
But I said before, and I say it now, don't make the mistake of writing him off.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:06 pm 
I cant stand the bloke, but why should he attend a forces day when all of his life his been opposed to the military?./.at least he stands by what he beliefs, unlike most politicians. who would attend the opening of an envelope to look good to the public

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:12 pm 
Regular

COYS wrote:
I cant stand the bloke, but why should he attend a forces day when all of his life his been opposed to the military?./.at least he stands by what he beliefs, unlike most politicians. who would attend the opening of an envelope to look good to the public

Spot on, me old SPUDling.

Just cos he is a politician does not mean he can't go to a festival and chill out wiv the dudes.

All that speechifying must make a person knackered after a while. You only have to take a look at TM the PM to see that. If you can bear to look at her, that is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:58 pm 
Rock Star

artlin wrote:
COYS wrote:

Spot on, me old SPUDling.

Just cos he is a politician does not mean he can't go to a festival and chill out wiv the dudes.

All that speechifying must make a person knackered after a while. You only have to take a look at TM the PM to see that. If you can bear to look at her, that is.[/quote

It's called respect...respect for men and women who have given their lives in order for the rest of us to enjoy the privilidge denied to them...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Glastonbury is a music event not a platform for any politics at all and shouldn't be.
It made me shudder as it reminded me of the Hitler rallies in Germany where he tuned in to the youth of Germany and we all know what happened as a result.
I used to think he was just an old Labour dinasaur but he is much more dangerous than that.
He respects nothing to do with the establishment that he has benefitted from and his foreign wife makes money from the equally gullible " fair trade" brigade. He has never been hungry in his life and hasn't got a clue what real hardship is.
He disrespects every man or woman who has even fought and died for his freedom and the ones that keep him safe now. He is beneath contempt.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:15 pm 
Rock Star

Artlin, I have no problem with a counter reply but please tell the members how you can justify your reply, what evidence do you base your reply on.

When troops use deadly force then it is because they have engaged someone who intends to kill someone else, they do not go round just killing people for fun, if you believe that well ??.

As for peace time and being a drain on resources, you really have no idea because you are one of those lucky people who sleep peacefully at night when we are guarding you from ISIS and fanatical ideologists intent on slaughtering you if you do not convert to their faith and other lunatics who kill for fun.
Without troops then there would be anarchy and we would be invaded by those who would stop you from posting on here.
The question is your post for real, because I took you for a very intelligent man.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:22 pm 
Regular

Well said Bev and Artlin you are completely
out of order with your viciousness. Bassman got disposed of for less on the other forum.
Such nastiness shows a very immature jealous sort of individual who if they cannot get their own way resort to insults.

I watched the Jeremy Corbyn speech at Glastonbury as my very impressionable niece posted it on facebook. He was awful strutting about and inciting unrest.

He really is a dangerous individual and certainly not fit to govern.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:45 pm 
Regular

lowvoltage wrote:
........we are guarding you from ISIS and fanatical ideologists intent on slaughtering you if you do not convert to their faith and other lunatics who kill for fun......

I did not realise that you are in the armed forces, LV. What section are you in? My money is on "the Regiment". All that undercover of darkness sculdugery would be right up your street. What rank? Sargent Major, perhaps.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:47 pm 
Regular

beverley wrote:
Glastonbury is a music event not a platform for any politics at all and shouldn't be.
It made me shudder as it reminded me of the Hitler rallies in Germany where he tuned in to the youth of Germany and we all know what happened as a result.
I used to think he was just an old Labour dinasaur but he is much more dangerous than that.
He respects nothing to do with the establishment that he has benefitted from and his foreign wife makes money from the equally gullible " fair trade" brigade. He has never been hungry in his life and hasn't got a clue what real hardship is.
He disrespects every man or woman who has even fought and died for his freedom and the ones that keep him safe now. He is beneath contempt.

Are you that old, bev. You actually remember those rallies from the 30s? I bet you looked splendid in uniform.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:08 pm 
Star

last years Glastonbury was at the same time as the brexit vote, most of the 100+ thousand people of various ages were denied the opertunity to vote, unless by proxy.
Aparentley 75% of young people who voted, voted to remain.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:20 pm 
Rock Star

Nobody was denied the opportunity to vote Uncle D. They chose to go to Glastonbury rather than vote which seems to say to me that they thought that was more important than the future of the country!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 pm 
Star

Tickets were sold on line long before the brexit date was announced.
The Bank of England announced last week that people of the UK will be financially worse off. The youth will be the ones who suffer the most if it goes wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Uncle D wrote:
The Bank of England announced last week that people of the UK will be financially worse off. The youth will be the ones who suffer the most if it goes wrong.

I, too, was 'otherwise engaged' (not at Glastonbury) at the time of the Brexit & General Election voting days .... That did not stop me from applying for a postal vote !
To use booking tickets for a pop concert as a reason for not voting is a very poor excuse.
If Corbyn was allowed to borrow, to fund all his 'carrot-dangling' ideas, who do you think will be paying off the interest (let alone the capital) well into their dotage ? ...... Pop concert fans !!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:08 pm 
Rock Star

So they could have used the proxy vote system as you referred to but they could not be bothered!!

I don't think Mark Carney actually said people are going to be worse off overall . From his speech which I admit was quite long winded he indicated some negatives and some positives and guess what ? Even he does not know what the outcome of the BREXIT negotiations will be although a lot of people would like to think they did!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:16 pm 
Rock Star

This is why we have an Army, read this then ask another question will this man Erdogan want peace in Cyprus
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40384471

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:20 pm 
Top of the pops

Bossy Boots wrote:
So they could have used the proxy vote system as you referred to but they could not be bothered!!

I don't think Mark Carney actually said people are going to be worse off overall . From his speech which I admit was quite long winded he indicated some negatives and some positives and guess what ? Even he does not know what the outcome of the BREXIT negotiations will be although a lot of people would like to think they did!!

Corret, BB.
Carney's 'doom & gloom' re. a 'possible Brexit' did not materialize and he had to try to 'wheedle out' of his prophesies when they backfired.
Negotiations will proceed now and, after listening to David Davis this morning, no matter how many differing views are put forward by 'all & sundry' ..... the decisions will not be finalised until 2019 at the earliest.
So it's all 'Up in the Air' ... or ... 'Hot Air' until then.
Patience is a virtue.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 pm 
Top of the pops

Bossy Boots wrote:
Nobody was denied the opportunity to vote Uncle D. They chose to go to Glastonbury rather than vote which seems to say to me that they thought that was more important than the future of the country!!

:goodpost
I agree and I believe that only around 37% of the 18 to 25s bothered to vote at all.
It is a testament to how loyal Tory voters are that despite the lack lustre election campaign and the even more damaging manifesto they returned them into government with a higher share of the vote despite losing a majority. It is just a pity that they have to now kow tow to the DUP to get the backing needed.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:47 pm 
Star

SFD wrote:
Uncle D wrote:

I, too, was 'otherwise engaged' (not at Glastonbury) at the time of the Brexit & General Election voting days .... That did not stop me from applying for a postal vote !
To use booking tickets for a pop concert as a reason for not voting is a very poor excuse.
If Corbyn was allowed to borrow, to fund all his 'carrot-dangling' ideas, who do you think will be paying off the interest (let alone the capital) well into their dotage ? ...... Pop concert fans !!!

But Corbyn isn't in power, May and maybe the dup will be. All young people will inherit the brexit outcome, good or bad. We don't have any kids, and just turned 60 will probably see the long term outcome.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Uncle D wrote:
SFD wrote:
Uncle D wrote:

But Corbyn isn't in power, May and maybe the dup will be. All young people will inherit the brexit outcome, good or bad. We don't have any kids, and just turned 60 will probably see the long term outcome.

Corbyn's irresponsible, & impossible 'carrot dangling' to unworldly, impressionable youngsters has caused the situation we now find ourselves in ! ....... To the detriment of all concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:52 pm 
Regular

I agree SFD but what concerns me is that it is though he has gone from a weak politician,not even respected by his own party to this arrogant,militant rebel rouser who is intent on taking every opportunity to create unrest and what concerns me even more is that people are listening to him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:06 am 
Rock Star

Add this into the mix, if he was a Muslim preaching the way he is now he would be stopped, the speeches he is giving is inciting trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:58 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Add this into the mix, if he was a Muslim preaching the way he is now he would be stopped, the speeches he is giving is inciting trouble.

Agreed.
And he's using McDonnell as a mixing spoon !
Despicable pair !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 am 
Star

It seems to me that most posters are pro brexit and conservative, yet still not happy about the situation in regards to the opposition.
It's encouraging to me that Jeremy Corbyn is a worrying factor in the equation and is managing to rattle your cages, this of course is his job.
Go Jezzer Go

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:01 am 
Top of the pops

Glastonbury the future

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 am 
Rock Star

If the tories are so keen on the veterans, why do they leave so many to live homeless on the streets?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Go Jezzer Go

Couldn't have put it more succinctly, albeit in a different context Uncle D.

Time someone cut the head off this particular snake!

Last edited by Topgun on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:09 am 
error

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 am 
Idol

artlin wrote:

He is also 'Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition' a Government role for which he receives payment.

So in what way is he not a government official?

Unless you are suggesting that as an economically illiterate Trotskyite idealist who has never been responsible for anything positive and has spent his entire career protesting and generally being on the wrong side of every important political issue he shouldn't be a government official in a democratic system that at least claims to have some grasp [however tenuous] on reality.

In which case I'd be obliged to agree with you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
He is also 'Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition' a Government role for which he receives payment.

'Opposition' certainly, 'Loyal' not likely!

Proven beyond argument at his recent performance at the Queens speach, like a disruptive schoolboy (usually seated at the back of a class) winking at his cronies as if to say "I just disrespected the teacher & got away with it", when he refused to bow to Her Majesty.

He should have been dragged outside & given a good kicking!
Preferably by an 18 stone sergeant major with an axe to grind, wearing army issue boots.

Not that I'm biaised you understand. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 am 
Rock Star

KG's reply and photo about sums up his ambitions, in todays papers he has been quoted that he has vowed to be Prime Minister in 6 months, to do that he will have to force a vote of no confidence with the present government.
That man has is intent on destroying the UK for his own personal agenda, the pound has dropped again because of investors are worried about Brexit also Corbyn, surely there are some members in the Labour party who have common sense, surely they can see he will ruin the country, the unions are jumping for joy, he intends to d a Trump and scrap tory policies.
We live here in Cyprus, some think we are untouchable, eventually he will rob from you, he will find a way to take money from us and we will all be singing a different national anthem.
In a nutshell he is very dangerous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 am 
Idol

A little judicious photoshopping brings out, I think, the true nature of Corbyn's visit to Glastonbury

Attachment:
KOOL AID.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:43 am 
Regular

The Tories are never going to be popular with many people and Brexit isn't popular with some other people and those factors combined to produce a bit of a shock at the last election.

People need to remember that Corbyn did not win that election, but those factors appears to have led to a Boaty Mc Boatface moment where people as a protest or a joke voted for the silliest thing going (although the lure of free money helped his cause no end :roll: )

Most of he Labour MP's don't like him or his policies, but public opinion is a fickle thing and coming across as a harmless old duffer who gets relentlessly bullied by Theresa May at PM Question has obviously struck a chord with some and has elevated him to some sort of Susan Boyle status where rather than being someone with real talent and charisma has captured the nations hearts with a brand of fortuitous mediocrity that should go no further for all our sakes.

What I find amusing is that those people who branded Leavers stupid and Brexit as disastrous for Britain are probably the ones rooting for this malevolent idiot who could destroy the UK as a country and as a credible economy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:46 am 
Rock Star

"That man has is intent on destroying the UK"
The last Labour Government did that and we are all paying for it now!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 am 
Regular

COYS wrote:
error

I think that is the most rational post on this topic, SPUDulike.

A well thought out and reasoned argument. I wish I had thought of it.

:agree :clap :clap :clap :congrats

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:48 am 
Top of the pops

Ilex wrote:
The Tories are never going to be popular with many people and Brexit isn't popular with some other people and those factors combined to produce a bit of a shock at the last election.

People need to remember that Corbyn did not win that election, but those factors appears to have led to a Boaty Mc Boatface moment where people as a protest or a joke voted for the silliest thing going (although the lure of free money helped his cause no end :roll: )

Most of he Labour MP's don't like him or his policies, but public opinion is a fickle thing and coming across as a harmless old duffer who gets relentlessly bullied by Theresa May at PM Question has obviously struck a chord with some and has elevated him to some sort of Susan Boyle status where rather than being someone with real talent and charisma has captured the nations hearts with a brand of fortuitous mediocrity that should go no further for all our sakes.

What I find amusing is that those people who branded Leavers stupid and Brexit as disastrous for Britain are probably the ones rooting for this malevolent idiot who could destroy the UK as a country and as a credible economy :lol:

And don't forget that even Boaty McBoatface was relegated to being a drone sub, not the main ship ! :woohoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:26 pm 
Idol

I don't understand why some people are surprised at the warmth of Corbyn's reception at Glastonbury

I mean, isn't a collection of GenXers and Millennials happy to spend a good proportion of their income to live in unsanitary conditions, in a tent, with long queues for massively overpriced food and drink, for the pleasure of being told by utopian politicians how virtuous and egalitarian they are actually the definition of modern Socialism?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:36 pm 
Regular

I wonder how many "unfortunates" could have been helped with the estimated £800,000 clean up costs :shock:

On the plus side Barry Gibb was very good :clap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:04 pm 
Ilex wrote:
I wonder how many "unfortunates" could have been helped with the estimated £800,000 clean up costs :shock:

On the plus side Barry Gibb was very good :clap

As its a commercial venture and not being paid out of taxes, why should the clean up cost concern you?

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body