The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: William
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 am 
Rock Star

This picture about says it all, breaking from Royal Protocol just like his mother did, well done William. Another picture.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by lowvoltage on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: WILLIAM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:50 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
This picture about says it all, breaking from Royal Protocol just like his mother did, well done William.

Absolutely.
Let us hope that he is the next UK Monarch (i.e. that Charles declines it).
Anyway, who wants "Queen" Camilla? YUCK!
Geoff.

Post subject: Re: WILLIAM
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 am 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:
This picture about says it all, breaking from Royal Protocol just like his mother did, well done William.

Absolutely.
Let us hope that he is the next UK Monarch (i.e. that Charles declines it).
Anyway, who wants "Queen" Camilla? YUCK!
Geoff.

:agree

Post subject: Re: William
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 am 
Top of the pops

If Charles outlives the Queen, then, like it or not, he will be King. That's how the succession works. He will not decline it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:28 pm 
Top of the pops

KG wrote:
If Charles outlives the Queen, then, like it or not, he will be King. That's how the succession works. He will not decline it.

His great-uncle did and he should also ... for an even better reason !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:20 pm 
Top of the pops

KG wrote:

Why not? What is stopping him if he outlives his mother?
As has been pointed out by SFD in another post it has been done before.
Geoff.

Last edited by geoffreys on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:31 pm 
Regular

United Kingdom ? we've now even got the royalists arguing amongst themselves what's best for them :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Have always felt that William shows genuine interest, and when needed, genuine compassion. I wonder if the circumstances surrounding the sad death of his mother, has contributed to him being the upstanding young man he is today. I also hope that Charles will decline becoming King if Queen Elizabeth were to pass away, as I feel a lot of people who love the monarchy might drift away, whereas William has the ability to enhance it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:21 pm 
Top of the pops

I wonder if he will wear a sash to be crowned....

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:49 pm 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:
I wonder if he will wear a sash to be crowned....

Don't you like Freemasons then?
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:16 pm 
I hope the the whole lot of them disappear, as for William he could get a job as a carer....if thats his calling

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Did someone say 'free'.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:32 pm 
Rock Star

KG wrote:

Charles will be our next King, and I believe he will be a good monarch....Camila will be the Kings Consort, as Phillip is the Queens. Much is made of Diana, who was a good woman, but a troubled one. William is a product of his upbringing, as is Harry, they are generations apart from the Queen and Charles...Diana ensured that but Charles continued her work...they have served their country already, service in the Armed Forces, they will continue to serve for the rest of their lives...service is not a very fashionable word...some don't understand the concept. The Royal family is a living symbol of the goodness our country upholds..the Queen is simply a great and gracious lady..she is the head of our country and her family, a matriarch and we will never see her like again..both Charles and William will do their very best to uphold her faith and loyalty to her country.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:54 pm 
Rock Star

Quite right Hudswell. It is not for us to say who should or should not be King and Queen/Consort. It is the law of the land and should be upheld. I am not an ardent royalist but in all the 60 odd years that the Queen has been on the throne I doubt she has put a foot wrong other than perhaps not realising the public strength of feeling when Diana died but she was brought up in the war years and was taught from an early age to be stoical which to some who don't know her may appear to be cold but it seems that all her children and grandchildren think the world of her so I doubt she is cold at all and I hear that she has a great sense of humour.
Whatever some people may think about her and the Royal Family it is fact that they are a magnet for tourism and most of them certainly earn their keep and Great Britain would be a very sorry place indeed without them. In fact we have visited Australia on numerous occasions and the Aussies love our Royal family and it is the first thing they ask you about when they meet you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:05 am 
Junior

Well said Boosy Boots and Hudswell. I too think Charles should be the next King of England and Camilla Queen.
William will become King but needs a few more years on him yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 am 
Top of the pops

Tremigirl wrote:
Well said Boosy Boots and Hudswell. I too think Charles should be the next King of England and Camilla Queen.
William will become King but needs a few more years on him yet.

We will have to wait and see what transpires, Charles is getting a bit old for the job, and hopefully will pass it on to William.
The Royals these days DO have to take account of public opinion.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 am 
Hudswell wrote:
KG wrote:

Charles will be our next King, and I believe he will be a good monarch....Camila will be the Kings Consort, as Phillip is the Queens. Much is made of Diana, who was a good woman, but a troubled one. William is a product of his upbringing, as is Harry, they are generations apart from the Queen and Charles...Diana ensured that but Charles continued her work...they have served their country already, service in the Armed Forces, they will continue to serve for the rest of their lives...service is not a very fashionable word...some don't understand the concept. The Royal family is a living symbol of the goodness our country upholds..the Queen is simply a great and gracious lady..she is the head of our country and her family, a matriarch and we will never see her like again..both Charles and William will do their very best to uphold her faith and loyalty to her country.

Is this the Same Charles who said his dream was to be Camilas Tampon.. :crylaughin
http://www.newstalk.com/Tampongate-and- ... y-scandals

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am 
Regular

That was a disgusting intrusion of privacy however he did say it but I sure he has grown up a bit since then.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:36 am 
Top of the pops

KG wrote:

Hudswell wrote:
Charles will be our next King, and I believe he will be a good monarch....Camila will be the Kings Consort, as Phillip is the Queens. Much is made of Diana, who was a good woman, but a troubled one. William is a product of his upbringing, as is Harry, they are generations apart from the Queen and Charles...Diana ensured that but Charles continued her work...they have served their country already, service in the Armed Forces, they will continue to serve for the rest of their lives...service is not a very fashionable word...some don't understand the concept. The Royal family is a living symbol of the goodness our country upholds..the Queen is simply a great and gracious lady..she is the head of our country and her family, a matriarch and we will never see her like again..both Charles and William will do their very best to uphold her faith and loyalty to her country.[/quote]

COYS wrote:
Is this the Same Charles who said his dream was to be Camilas Tampon.. :crylaughin
http://www.newstalk.com/Tampongate-and- ... y-scandals[/quote]

Ssssh! We don't mention those things; or do you want locking up in the Tower of London?? :crylaughin
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm 
No Geoff dont mention the truth about how Charles used a young girl just to get a couple of heirs, while all the while colluding with that evil Camila, then after ruining the girls life, lets get the establishment to make out , she was a bit of a nutter, and she was to blame.. Breaking news its 2017, not 1217...I personally think a bunch of inbred European Royal houses have had their day...you bow and scrape to these Idiots, but some of us have more self respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 pm 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
No Geoff dont mention the truth about how Charles used a young girl just to get a couple of heirs, while all the while colluding with that evil Camila, then after ruining the girls life, lets get the establishment to make out , she was a bit of a nutter, and she was to blame.. Breaking news its 2017, not 1217...I personally think a bunch of inbred European Royal houses have had their day...you bow and scrape to these Idiots, but some of us have more self respect.

Regards Diana you are right, not only was her life ruined but many still believe they engineered her demise in that Paris underpass. I don't know about that but it would not surprise me if it were true.
Things like that are why I would prefer the next Monarch to be William - if we must have one!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:47 pm 
Idol

Personally, I feel that Charles probably thinks he's already waited long enough to get his backside on the throne and I can't see he will let the opportunity go by passing it over to his son....

If he did, it would be a good move for everyone - only time will tell.

Whether either of them will make a good king or not, who knows?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:19 pm 
Rock Star

For centuries the royalty from Richard the first to todays lot have been a bit off the wall, that is human nature and if you are honest when you were younger most of you were I was.
I am a royalist and proud of it but even I must admit one or two of the royals have let the side down a bit, however if the doubters research more they will find that the monarchy do a lot behind the scenes and raise millions for good causes. There are many countries who would love to have a monarchy, it will never change and when we are pushing up daises or incinerated and ashes scattered the monarchy in one way or the other will still be here. :uk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 pm 
lowvoltage wrote:
For centuries the royalty from Richard the first to todays lot have been a bit off the wall, that is human nature and if you are honest when you were younger most of you were I was.
I am a royalist and proud of it but even I must admit one or two of the royals have let the side down a bit, however if the doubters research more they will find that the monarchy do a lot behind the scenes and raise millions for good causes. There are many countries who would love to have a monarchy, it will never change and when we are pushing up daises or incinerated and ashes scattered the monarchy in one way or the other will still be here. :uk

I respect democracy and while there is a majority to keep a Royal family thats good for me, but I dont agree with your ''theres many country's that would love a monarchy'' could you name any..give us a link?....we get that old chestnut, about bringing tourists in..France has more tourism then any other country, yet they dont have a Royal Family.....if you want to see how your taxes are spent, google Prince Edwards house, and see how that useless waste of space lives... Remember those photos of the Dear old queen mum, and her daughters giving the Nazi salute...I believe people should be rewarded by their hard work etc not by some accident of birth.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:36 pm 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

I respect democracy and while there is a majority to keep a Royal family thats good for me, but I dont agree with your ''theres many country's that would love a monarchy'' could you name any..give us a link?....we get that old chestnut, about bringing tourists in..France has more tourism then any other country, yet they dont have a Royal Family.....if you want to see how your taxes are spent, google Prince Edwards house, and see how that useless waste of space lives... Remember those photos of the Dear old queen mum, and her daughters giving the Nazi salute...I believe people should be rewarded by their hard work etc not by some accident of birth.

You really don't like The Royalty do you? :roll: Yet another one with no location!! Not surprising!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:39 pm 
Wavy Dave wrote:
COYS wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

You really don't like The Royalty do you? :roll:

No I dont, but I have the utmost respect for the Queen she has done her duty like no other, you cant help but admire her, but as an institution it belongs in the middle ages along with the Lords,

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:37 pm 
Rock Star

Coys, I must respect your views, we cannot always agree with everyone, but could you please tell the audience why you hate them so much, what have they done to cause you to think this way.
A legitimate question my friend, you never know we might look at it in a different light, that is honest debating and what this forum is about.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 pm 
lowvoltage wrote:
Coys, I must respect your views, we cannot always agree with everyone, but could you please tell the audience why you hate them so much, what have they done to cause you to think this way.
A legitimate question my friend, you never know we might look at it in a different light, that is honest debating and what this forum is about.

Fair point, guess its evolved as ive grown up, We have travelled extensively round europe, and my wife was always dragging round to see some thousand room Palace or other,and while she was wowing at the treasures and gold in these places, I was thinking what did this King or other do to deserve this Palace while the poor peasants starved outside the walls....was he an Alan Suger or a Richard Branson who worked hard and deserved these fine Palaces, no they got them by being a nasty evil B******d going up and down the country killing anyone who got in their way, until some harder bugger did it to them..that happened back in the Middle ages, fair enough ..fast forward a thousand years and the relatives of these scoundrels are still running the show, by means of marrying ones European cousins these inbred idiots have managed to cling on to power, unfortunately for them....some nations wised up and got rid of them, France/Italy/Greece/Russia etc etc....basically what im trying to say is I dont like injustice and Hypocrisy.....that King they dug up from under a car park..wasn't he a child killer, yet they gave him a Royal burial....why was he different to Myra Hindley?....google Prince Edwards house, and see how this lazy git who has never done a days work in his life, lives on the back of others.....I could go on but I wont bore you anymore cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:36 pm 
Wavy Dave wrote:
COYS wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

You really don't like The Royalty do you? :roll: Yet another one with no location!! Not surprising!

Whats location got to do with anything?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:09 am 
Rock Star

Blimey COYS, you sound like my brother, in fact it is nearly word for word, you would get on with him. No seriously thank you very much for the reply, you have put your point over and respect for that. Lets you and I respectfully agree to disagree and regards Ian :england :uk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:41 am 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

Fair point, guess its evolved as ive grown up, We have travelled extensively round europe, and my wife was always dragging round to see some thousand room Palace or other,and while she was wowing at the treasures and gold in these places, I was thinking what did this King or other do to deserve this Palace while the poor peasants starved outside the walls....was he an Alan Suger or a Richard Branson who worked hard and deserved these fine Palaces, no they got them by being a nasty evil B******d going up and down the country killing anyone who got in their way, until some harder bugger did it to them..that happened back in the Middle ages, fair enough ..fast forward a thousand years and the relatives of these scoundrels are still running the show, by means of marrying ones European cousins these inbred idiots have managed to cling on to power, unfortunately for them....some nations wised up and got rid of them, France/Italy/Greece/Russia etc etc....basically what im trying to say is I dont like injustice and Hypocrisy.....that King they dug up from under a car park..wasn't he a child killer, yet they gave him a Royal burial....why was he different to Myra Hindley?....google Prince Edwards house, and see how this lazy git who has never done a days work in his life, lives on the back of others.....I could go on but I wont bore you anymore cheers.

Ironical. I got a telling off, and rightly so recently, for entering a swear word on a posting, although I had always considered the word I used to be at most a slang word. :tickedoff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:46 am 
Top of the pops

You really don't like The Royalty do you? :roll: Yet another one with no location!! Not surprising![/quote]

Whats location got to do with anything?[/quote]

Well, when I am being admonished for posting something from "here" about over "there" and you were in agreement with that particular poster, how do we know you are not doing the same?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:43 pm 
Wavy Dave wrote:

Whats location got to do with anything?[/quote]

Well, when I am being admonished for posting something from "here" about over "there" and you were in agreement with that particular poster, how do we know you are not doing the same?[/quote]

Mate I didnt understand a word of that..sorry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:45 pm 
lowvoltage wrote:
Blimey COYS, you sound like my brother, in fact it is nearly word for word, you would get on with him. No seriously thank you very much for the reply, you have put your point over and respect for that. Lets you and I respectfully agree to disagree and regards Ian :england :uk

Agree and respect to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:28 pm 
Rock Star

SFD wrote:
KG wrote:

His great-uncle did and he should also ... for an even better reason !

Edward VIII was given an ultimatum. Will Charles be given the same?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Good post BB, a while back I know. Catching up. School finishes tomorrow :banana

I have no doubts whatsoever that Charles will ascend the throne, he wants it badly enough to put all his organic, ergonomic, cyclonic (?), ...........'pets' through to even think of turning it down. Quite how this will impact on Uk.com is a whole other issue!!!

I feel William is still a tad wet behind the ears and needs a few more years in waiting to fulfil his potential. Sadly, many of us may not see this come to fruition :-( Me for one!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body