Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: More than One Wife
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:57 pm 
Rock Star

My friend in the UK has sent me this.

POLYGAMY IN THE UK
In the UK, it is illegal to marry more than one person.
Polygamous marriages are only recognised if they took place in countries where they are legal.
That includes Middle Eastern states, Pakistan and Zambia
While there are no official figures, it is believed that there may be as many as 20,000 polygamous marriages in the British Muslim community.
Currently, a husband and his first wife receive up to £114.85 a week in benefits, with subsequent wives able claiming about £40 each.
Under the new universal credit system, which is not expected to be fully introduced until 2021, polygamous marriages will not be recognised at all.
The standard allowance is about £498.89 a month for couples, but single people can claim about £317.83.
That means the husband and his first wife will be able to claim the married couples' allowance and subsequent wives will be able to claim a single person's allowance
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I believe it is old news but again this is why the normal UK person is sick and tired of things like this, it does lead to resentment.
Any way I have one wife and that is enough, could not cope with two giving it some in both ears.

Post subject: Re: Moe than One Wife
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm 
Top of the pops

Don't forget that each wife demands her own house and is expected to keep producing offspring, so that is rent allowance, child allowance etc etc etc for each one on top.
It is a scandal and should be stopped and the country of origin should take them and keep them.
It is no wonder that the tax payers in the UK are so fed up with it all.
We have enough scroungers of our own to be supporting foreign scroungers as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:54 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
It is a scandal and should be stopped and the country of origin should take them and keep them.
We have enough scroungers of our own to be supporting foreign scroungers as well.

Maybe some changes may take place given the recent events, but the (mainly Labour) voters in the predominently 'ethnic' communities (particularly those in London) who stand to be most affected, may resort to their usual third-world response by rioting & looting if it happens?

Hopefully the massive handouts provided in 'Foreign Aid' will continue to be addressed with the appointment of Boris Johnson, to replace someone named Priti Patel?

Still no forseable retribution for long-term acts of wanton waste of taxpayers money by ex-Mandarin Sir Mark Lowcock, who has left his post as permanent secretary of the Department for International Development for a plush new job at the United Nations – after reportedly falling out with Priti Patel.

Who was the faceless wonder responsible for implementing the 'checks & balances' to keep him & his department on the 'straight & narrow' is anyone's guess. They should now be in the dole queue.

Tory MP Philip Davies said; If squandering billions of pounds on greedy consultants and corrupt countries, and having the highest paid staff in the Civil Service gets you a knighthood these days, then God help us.

I'd only contend the word 'if', as patently it did!

And so the wheel of fortune for the priviledged continues to turn, with no consequencies at all evident for those most of us view as incompetent, you just have to be 'one of the boys'.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:24 am 
Regular

Unfortunately the price of failure in politics and civil service has never been less.

The number of people who have overseen a quite shocking decline in quality of life for ordinary British taxpayers is astonishing, and the number of individuals who abuse the follies of these politicians and mandarins and their multicultural experimentation appears to an ever increasing circle

If politicians don't give a jot about their own country then the citizens of that country will soon adopt a similar attitude, and it is that combination that has led to the farce that was the recent UK election which showed a UK bitterly divided at national level between rich and poor, young and old, hard working and indolent, North and South, city and country and compounded even more bitterly at regional level through the curse of multiculturalism and unfettered freedom of movement

When you create a society where being decent and hardworking makes you a mug and have a benefits system and an entitlement culture which positively encourages feckless behaviour and is backed up by legislation that is incapable of reversing these trends you have a big problem.

Every time I go back to the UK I see very little sign of the vibrant and prosperous Britain we are meant to be seeing evolve as part of this on going "process" and policies- I see a run down, over crowded hole of a country that looks more and more like the Wild West with every visit I make there.

Thank God I don't have to make my way in the current mess and praise be that I no longer live there. Reversing that trend will take a monumental shift in attitudes and a lot of sacrifices in the short term for long term gain.

Are the politicians and the people willing to take the necessary steps to bring some sanity to proceedings ?- of course not they're only interested if there's something unearned or free in it for them, which is course is the root cause of the problems in the first place

These days sensible, hard working, normal tax payers have one or two kids- that's all they can afford (many choose to have none at all). The irresponsible have as many as they want because the state pays- extrapolate that demographic along with all the other anomalies that multiculturalism and open borders bring and you have a seriously depressing scenario :-(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:57 am 
Top of the pops

Ilex wrote:
Unfortunately the price of failure in politics and civil service has never been less.

The number of people who have overseen a quite shocking decline in quality of life for ordinary British taxpayers is astonishing, and the number of individuals who abuse the follies of these politicians and mandarins and their multicultural experimentation appears to an ever increasing circle

If politicians don't give a jot about their own country then the citizens of that country will soon adopt a similar attitude, and it is that combination that has led to the farce that was the recent UK election which showed a UK bitterly divided at national level between rich and poor, young and old, hard working and indolent, North and South, city and country and compounded even more bitterly at regional level through the curse of multiculturalism and unfettered freedom of movement

When you create a society where being decent and hardworking makes you a mug and have a benefits system and an entitlement culture which positively encourages feckless behaviour and is backed up by legislation that is incapable of reversing these trends you have a big problem.

Every time I go back to the UK I see very little sign of the vibrant and prosperous Britain we are meant to be seeing evolve as part of this on going "process" and policies- I see a run down, over crowded hole of a country that looks more and more like the Wild West with every visit I make there.

Thank God I don't have to make my way in the current mess and praise be that I no longer live there. Reversing that trend will take a monumental shift in attitudes and a lot of sacrifices in the short term for long term gain.

Are the politicians and the people willing to take the necessary steps to bring some sanity to proceedings ?- of course not they're only interested if there's something unearned or free in it for them, which is course is the root cause of the problems in the first place

These days sensible, hard working, normal tax payers have one or two kids- that's all they can afford (many choose to have none at all). The irresponsible have as many as they want because the state pays- extrapolate that demographic along with all the other anomalies that multiculturalism and open borders bring and you have a seriously depressing scenario :-(

:goodpost says it all really.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:58 am 
Regular

So the assumption is that all polygomous families are claiming benifits, is that correct?

Not one of these families does any kind of work to support themselves!!

Just how bigotted can you get?

Just bear in mind that, as far as Commonwealth countries are concerned, we have always had control over these borders. This has nothing to do with the EU. I make that point now because I am sure that someone will pop up with a Brexit rant at any moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:12 am 
Star

Ilex wrote:

Could not agree with you more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:58 pm 
Regular

Britain has indeed created much of the mess itself, but the EU freedom of movement principle is compounding many of them

Leaving the EU might give the UK a better chance of tackling some of them, but that in itself indeed won't solve all of them.

However,if you look at the UK, an allegedly wealthy nation, we see an NHS system in crisis, a benefits system in crisis, an ongoing housing crisis and an ever growing pensions crisis. Open borders isn't helping with any of that lot- I'll guarantee that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 pm 
Regular

ps as for polygamous marriages?if that's what everyone involved wants and that's what's allowed in their own country, fine by me.

If they want to take their lifestyle to the UK, also fine by me as long as they are entirely self supporting- no scenario illegal under UK law should be supported through the UK benefits system in the UK- none whatsoever!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:42 pm 
Top of the pops

Ilex wrote:
ps as for polygamous marriages?if that's what everyone involved wants and that's what's allowed in their own country, fine by me.

If they want to take their lifestyle to the UK, also fine by me as long as they are entirely self supporting- no scenario illegal under UK law should be supported through the UK benefits system in the UK- none whatsoever!!!!!

Absolutely - zero tolerance for that sort of thing. Not only should no benefits be paid but they should be prosecuted and either jailed or deported.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:35 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
So the assumption is that all polygomous families are claiming benifits, is that correct?

Just bear in mind that, as far as Commonwealth countries are concerned, we have always had control over these borders. This has nothing to do with the EU. I make that point now because I am sure that someone will pop up with a Brexit rant at any moment.

I am a bigot ?Here we go again! There have been several documentaries regarding polygamy in Britain in the past couple of years and not one of the people involved had a job, servicing 5 wives plus offspring left one too tired to work.
Unless the Mosque is supporting them then your average wage earner in this country doesn't earn enough to support one wife without working tax credit etc so who do you suppose supports the other 4?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:36 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Ilex wrote:

Absolutely - zero tolerance for that sort of thing. Not only should no benefits be paid but they should be prosecuted and either jailed or deported.
Geoff.
:goodpost :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:45 pm 
Regular

beverley wrote:
artlin wrote:

I am a bigot ?Here we go again! There have been several documentaries regarding polygamy in Britain in the past couple of years and not one of the people involved had a job, servicing 5 wives plus offspring left one too tired to work.
Unless the Mosque is supporting them then your average wage earner in this country doesn't earn enough to support one wife without working tax credit etc so who do you suppose supports the other 4?

So not only are they all benifits scroungers but they are also Moslems!!

Dear oh dear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:43 pm 
Regular

It's actually quite a simple question truth be told artlin once we get over the holier than thou, racist card flinging :roll:

Polygamy is illegal in the UK- it is legal in some other countries and other religions.

The simple question is should the UK benefit system devised to help the poorest in UK society be allowed to support a practice that is illegal in the UK regardless of the religious slant (although I suspect most practising polygamist in the UK are Muslim?)

If you say it should not then great, you too can help to be part of a solution. If you think it is acceptable then you are part of the previously outlined problems

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:00 pm 
Regular

Regarding the original post...... yes, it is old news. It was a news item that appeared in May 2014.
There is so much prejudice to this item that it is not worth repeating.

There have not been several documentaries over the last couple of years. It was just one documentary 3 years ago.

Polygamy is the status having more than one family and can apply to both genders. It is a convenience for some people.

Bigamy is being married to more than one person, we are not discussing bigamy.

I know of two people who have had a polygamous relationship.

One was a brother of my mother, step uncle. This was back in the 1950 and 1960s.

The other was a neighbour. A relationship that lasted over 20 years.

Both men were white males, working, holding down good jobs. They may have been Christian, I don't know but they were not Moslem. To my knowledge neither had submitted any claim for benifits.

I understand that Boris Johnson's ex wife is in a polygamous relationship. I doubt if she is claiming benifits.

To say that everyone / anyone who is in a polygamous relationship is a Moslem benifit scrounger is just wrong in every way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:26 pm 
Top of the pops

Ilex wrote:
It's actually quite a simple question truth be told artlin once we get over the holier than thou, racist card flinging :roll:

Polygamy is illegal in the UK- it is legal in some other countries and other religions.

The simple question is should the UK benefit system devised to help the poorest in UK society be allowed to support a practice that is illegal in the UK regardless of the religious slant (although I suspect most practising polygamist in the UK are Muslim?)

If you say it should not then great, you too can help to be part of a solution. If you think it is acceptable then you are part of the previously outlined problems

:clap :goodpost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:11 am 
Rock Star

Quote:

The odds suggest exactly that artlin, given the numbers involved!

They should be strongly 'encouraged' to respect the laws of the UK & not be allowed to side-step them by initiating (some would say), medieval Sharia laws from their own country.

If they continue to flout the UK Laws (alongside failing to integrate into the society), then the solution is simple, deport them to where they came from & (their preferred) Sharia Laws are enforced.

Give me an argument why the UK should tolerate their attitude, if you can artlin?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:24 am 
Regular

Polygamy is all about having numerous wives at the same time- bigamy, trigamy etc are just examples of polygamy where there is a specific number of wives involved. Polygamy is often used when there are too many to count or as a generalisation of the situation - it has not about "having two families" and polygamy is illegal in the UK, as is the female equivalent "polyandry"

Sure there are lots of individuals who go around having lots of kids out of wedlock effectively fathering multiple "families" and that is another aspect of life society could do without, but to knowingly allow polygamy under a religious guise and to in any way condone it with state provided benefits is not acceptable. You might as well dole out money for incest :roll:

To compare what happened in the 50's and 60's to the current multicultural cesspit of problems the UK has is just plain silly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:15 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:
state provided benefits is not acceptable. You might as well dole out money for incest :roll:

To compare what happened in the 50's and 60's to the current multicultural cesspit of problems the UK has is just plain silly.

Exactly, quite recently an economic migrant arrived in the UK and applied for visas for his four wives and 20 offspring.
So the first question that comes to mind is how will he support them. The answer is he won't, we will.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks for that Bassman, could you post links to this story please?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:13 am 
Regular

Whatever you call it or whichever way you look at it,having more than one wife at the same time is illegal in the UK -end of. Anyone living in this country regardless of race must abide by the laws of the land. If their religion states that they can or should have more than one wife then they go to live in a country that accepts that - simple. It is not a caes of whether or not they ate working or dependant on the state it is purely a matter of law and it being illegal.
Ilex you say how much you hate returning to the UK. May I ask what part of the country that is? I ask because I would concur with you if we had returned to S-O-T but here in Northumberland we absolutely love it and wish we had returned here years ago. Just remember there are some absolutely beautiful parts of this country,Northumberland being just one.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:07 am 
Regular

Attachment:
polygamy.jpg

Here we have a world map of polygamy- sometimes a picture is worth 10,000 words.

If we have a look at it we can conclude that most of the areas where polygamy is still practised are exactly the same mumbo jumbo backward toilets of countries all these asylum seekers are fleeing from in the first place :roll: Even repressive countries like Turkey and Russia ban the practice, so why on earth we condone it in any way shape or form is even more ludicrous. Polygamy is an outdated practice used to suppress women in many other parts of the world and should not be tolerated in the UK

As for the UK itself- it's the people that are the problem. Multiculturalism and open borders has caused a running down of living standards in all sorts of areas and the indigenous population isn't much better.

At the weekend in my old home town the council drops off concrete urinals to remove hundreds of gallons or urine from the streets after the pubs shut :roll: - as long as you are peeing into these the police won't prosecute you, so standing in the middle of the street with your knob out is becoming acceptable behaviour that is somehow being hailed as progress

Everyone is glued to their mobile phone, self service shops are everywhere and you can't even by a newspaper by simply handing over a quid to a vendor (unless it's the Big Issue of course) beggars and drunks everywhere, high streets full of bookies, nail bars, tattoo parlours and kebab shops, paying to park pretty much everywhere you go (if you can even find a spot) and about £2.50 to travel a mile on a bus. I could go on, but the quality of life these people currently enjoy is not a patch on what I had and I prefer to remember it the way it was and not the mess it has become- which I why I hate going back !!!!! There's a lot more I could add, but I hope you get the gist :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:49 pm 
Star

Bassman63 wrote:
Ilex wrote:
state provided benefits is not acceptable. You might as well dole out money for incest :roll:

Exactly, quite recently an economic migrant arrived in the UK and applied for visas for his four wives and 20 offspring.
So the first question that comes to mind is how will he support them. The answer is he won't, we will.
Bassman63 wrote:
Ilex wrote:

"We will"?,,sorry bassman,not "we" I pay my taxes here in Cyprus :celeb2 Did,nt mean to rub it in,sorry :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:17 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:

How can a Joe public Muslim so called refugee/asylum seeker support 4 wives, in four houses, and 20 children?
Just over one week ago this is what a Muslim asked of the UK, for permission to bring his 4 wives and 20 children here.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:19 pm 
Rock Star

vine wrote:
[quote="Bassman63.

So the first question that comes to mind is how will he support them. The answer is he won't, we will.[/quote]

"We will"?,,sorry bassman,not "we" I pay my taxes here in Cyprus :celeb2 Did,nt mean to rub it in,sorry :grin:[/quote]

Don't worry I do have sense of humour. :cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:24 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:
Attachment:
polygamy.jpg

Here we have a world map of polygamy- sometimes a picture is worth 10,000 words.

If we have a look at it we can conclude that most of the areas where polygamy is still practised are exactly the same mumbo jumbo backward toilets of countries all these asylum seekers are fleeing from in the first place :roll: Even repressive countries like Turkey and Russia ban the practice, so why on earth we condone it in any way shape or form is even more ludicrous. Polygamy is an outdated practice used to suppress women in many other parts of the world and should not be tolerated in the UK

As for the UK itself- it's the people that are the problem. Multiculturalism and open borders has caused a running down of living standards in all sorts of areas and the indigenous population isn't much better.

At the weekend in my old home town the council drops off concrete urinals to remove hundreds of gallons or urine from the streets after the pubs shut :roll: - as long as you are peeing into these the police won't prosecute you, so standing in the middle of the street with your knob out is becoming acceptable behaviour that is somehow being hailed as progress

Everyone is glued to their mobile phone, self service shops are everywhere and you can't even by a newspaper by simply handing over a quid to a vendor (unless it's the Big Issue of course) beggars and drunks everywhere, high streets full of bookies, nail bars, tattoo parlours and kebab shops, paying to park pretty much everywhere you go (if you can even find a spot) and about £2.50 to travel a mile on a bus. I could go on, but the quality of life these people currently enjoy is not a patch on what I had and I prefer to remember it the way it was and not the mess it has become- which I why I hate going back !!!!! There's a lot more I could add, but I hope you get the gist :lol:

Brilliant post, and guess what colour on that map contains countries/states that receives the bulk of UK Overseas Aid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:12 pm 
Rock Star

George wrote:
Thanks for that Bassman, could you post links to this story please?

Can you ask the other posters on this topic the same, or are you as usual just behaving as the stirrer you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:17 pm 
Rock Star

beverley wrote:
Don't forget that each wife demands her own house and is expected to keep producing offspring, so that is rent allowance, child allowance etc etc etc for each one on top.

George will want to now where you got your information from or is it just hearsay.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:32 pm 
Rock Star

artlin wrote:
Regarding the original post...... yes, it is old news. It was a news item that appeared in May 2014.
There is so much prejudice to this item that it is not worth repeating.

There have not been several documentaries over the last couple of years. It was just one documentary 3 years ago.

Polygamy is the status having more than one family and can apply to both genders. It is a convenience for some people.

I know of two people who have had a polygamous relationship.

One was a brother of my mother, step uncle. This was back in the 1950 and 1960s.

The other was a neighbour. A relationship that lasted over 20 years.

Both men were white males, working, holding down good jobs. They may have been Christian, I don't know but they were not Moslem. To my knowledge neither had submitted any claim for benifits.

I understand that Boris Johnson's ex wife is in a polygamous relationship. I doubt if she is claiming benifits.

To say that everyone / anyone who is in a polygamous relationship is a Moslem benifit scrounger is just wrong in every way.

On the TV programme 'Can't Pay We'll Take I Away' the majority of evictions are against ethnic minorities most of whom are on some type of benefit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 pm 
Rock Star

artlin wrote:

What is bigamy?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:41 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:
Attachment:
polygamy.jpg

It is good that some members are no longer afraid to tell the truth and that others support them for doing so.

Post subject: Re: More than One Wife
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:38 am 
Regular

"On the TV programme 'Can't Pay We'll Take I Away' the majority of evictions are against ethnic minorities most of whom are on some type of benefit"

Now I understand why bassman comes out with the vacuous comments he does if this is his choice of tv viewing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:30 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Now I understand why bassman comes out with the vacuous comments he does if this is his choice of tv viewing.

Er, apparently it's your choice too Travellingal! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:14 am 
Top of the pops

Topgun wrote:
Quote:

Er, apparently it's your choice too Travellingal! ;)

Boom ! :pow :smilielol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:45 am 
Rock Star

artlin wrote:

Dear oh dear.

Can you tell when there are British people struggling in the UK to exist financially an immigrant with little or no experience of the UK work scene can support a family arriving in the UK?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Bassman, maybe better to either get off the sauce or off the internet, your post makes no sense whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:26 pm 
Regular

Most of his posts make no sense whatsoever. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 pm 
Regular

I think we will be seeing more posts from him as apparently he has been banned from t'other forum!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm 
Regular

Poppytim wrote:
I think we will be seeing more posts from him as apparently he has been banned from t'other forum!

Well, there is a surprise! !

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:14 pm 
Top of the pops

Bassman63 wrote:
artlin wrote:

Dear oh dear.

Can you tell when there are British people struggling in the UK to exist financially an immigrant with little or no experience of the UK work scene can support a family arriving in the UK?

It is cream quackers, that what it is. Blame the do-gooders and PC-ers. Brexit will solve many (not all!) of such immigration problems.
Geoff.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body