Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:51 pm 
Junior

hi all,my bill per two months was 30 euros all of last year,but pattern changed from last two bills previous bill was 50 euros,and new bill 70 euros.are they starting to fine people who wait 4 bills before paying.i use no heating or aircon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:23 pm 
Rock Star

There is obviously something wrong, what is or are your meter readings compared to your pervious bills, is it higher or the same.
Electricity rates have changed and has gone up due to the new banding, but a hike from 30 - 70 is puzzling.
Suggest you check the readings or go to the Electrical authority and have them explain your bill, you never know they may have got it wrong in which case they will refund you the difference or deduct it from your next bill

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:28 pm 
Junior

lowvoltage wrote:
There is obviously something wrong, what is or are your meter readings compared to your pervious bills, is it higher or the same.
Electricity rates have changed and has gone up due to the new banding, but a hike from 30 - 70 is puzzling.
Suggest you check the readings or go to the Electrical authority and have them explain your bill, you never know they may have got it wrong in which case they will refund you the difference or deduct it from your next bill

thanks,yes will go see someone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:30 pm 
Regular

You don't have any luck, do you simion?
:bearhug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 pm 

What was the TOTAL kWh used on EACH of your last 6 bills? NOT the amount you paid, the units used.
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:49 pm 
Top of the pops

simion1023 wrote:
hi all,my bill per two months was 30 euros all of last year,but pattern changed from last two bills previous bill was 50 euros,and new bill 70 euros.are they starting to fine people who wait 4 bills before paying.i use no heating or aircon

So you wait 8 months before you pay the first bill sent?
Maybe they add what is outstanding to the present bills.
A bit like the fine you got for not getting your road tax.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:53 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:

We had a problem with the electric company during our short stay, prior to leaving we went to the office to settle our bill but were shocked to find that they had charged us for a previous occupant's time as well (we have proof of this because the previous occupant's name was also on our bill).
Back in the UK I contacted the electric company stating that if they sent me a bill for just my occupancy then I would pay, lo and behold a bill arrived with the previous occupants usage still attached and name still added, we weren't in Cyprus during this persons time at the property.
If anyone doubts this I still have a copy of this document.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:19 pm 
Rock Star

Beverley, well spotted, I thought I had misread the post hence what I said in my reply, if what you say is correct then he deserves to get fined, surprised they did not cut him off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:53 pm 
Wind up Merchant :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:31 am 
Rock Star

I recall the time the utilities companies charged us for water & electricity used by the developer to build the property at the back of ours. He had attached cables from our supply over the roof & used hosepipes from our taps!
When we refused to pay on the basis that a) The property was unoccupied for the periods in question & b) the quantities were of commercial proportions, they came to the conclusion that the way forward was to cut off our supply - Neanderthals!
On contacting our 'Lawyer', we were advised to simply pay their bills given the time & expense of fighting them through the courts in Cyprus.
The word 'integrity' definitely does not translate well into Greek! :taz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:35 pm 
Regular

I think EAC charge about €50 disconnection/reconnection fee, so if you wait 4 month before paying them, I would assume that the last bill will include that. If you really want to take it to the "wire" sign up for email accounts, and wait for the final reminder, then pay within 7 days to avoid the €50 charge, however you will be charged interest on unpaid amounts, eu directives etc.

I believe that they do not disconnect until you owe €150 these days, but do not quote me on that!

No sympathy from me I am afraid.

Digby

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 pm 
Rock Star

I had forgotten his road tax issue until Beverley pointed the I thought what a time waster, againsimion1023 silence is deafening, you try to help, oh well never mind lesson learnt :banghead

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body