The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nurses Pay
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:46 pm 
Regular

On the last audience discussion with Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn a nurse pressed TM on Nurses pay and said that she had a pay slip from 2009 that showed exactly the same pay as now. Now surely this cannor be right? I know the nurses have been subject to annual 1% rise and as TM said there are progressional rises for those who have not reached the max of their pay scale as it was for me in the civil service but even accepting this lady was on the max of her pay surely the annual 1% should have increased her gross pay by approx 2k in that period
or am I missing something?
This is not to say I agree with this miserly rate I just cannot understand the nurses claim.

Post subject: Re: Nurses Pay
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
On the last audience discussion with Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn a nurse pressed TM on Nurses pay and said that she had a pay slip from 2009 that showed exactly the same pay as now. Now surely this cannor be right? I know the nurses have been subject to annual 1% rise and as TM said there are progressional rises for those who have not reached the max of their pay scale as it was for me in the civil service but even accepting this lady was on the max of her pay surely the annual 1% should have increased her gross pay by approx 2k in that period
or am I missing something?
This is not to say I agree with this miserly rate I just cannot understand the nurses claim.

You are quite correct.
I think she went to The Diane Abbott School of Mathematics !
Many workers have seen very little increase in pay though (not just nurses) .... but what can you expect when Labour not only 'left the coffers empty' but also left a huge debt + interest payable on that debt ?
Conservatives have reduced that debt and the interest payable.
That loan needs to be paid off, so that any earned income will, at least, have a full intrinsic value.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:34 pm 
Regular

Give them a pay rise and increase the retirement age to 70- seemples

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 am 
Top of the pops

Ilex wrote:
Give them a pay rise and increase the retirement age to 70- seemples

What increase in pay would you suggest? Triple lock perhaps?
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:29 am 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
I just cannot understand the nurses claim.
Is this the nurse who was exposed as a Labour activist and member of Momentum? We all know how mathematics are not a strong point of Labour. Just try adding up their manifesto promises.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:13 am 
Regular

The reply was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek

Living standards for UK citizens have been falling for years ( I reckon about 20). Houses are becoming simply affordable for people on an ordinary wage and retirement ages have been going up and pension provision going down. This decline has been masked by ludicrous government borrowing for pretty much every year since

Balancing the books isn't a pleasant experience for any society and for years the UK has been living beyond it's means- a situation that ultimately needs to be reversed. Britain has been running a budget deficit every year since 2001

Should nurses be made a special case for public sector pay rises? Well I would not fancy their job, that's for sure but the UK throws vast sums of money at the NHS which should be more than enough to give nurses a decent pay rise and a living wage.

Problem is the NHS has become such a bureaucratic and unmanageable money devouring monster which doles out more and more to the population (and pretty much anyone else who turns up looking for a free operation) which demands more and more services from it. Anything that is free is always going to be over subscribed. This becomes a vicious circle for nurses who find themselves having to work more hours under more stress for wages that can never keep up with the cost of living.

The solution is to streamline the NHS to start giving the taxpayers better value for their money and nurses better pay out of existing budget, but if anyone politician dare mention such measures they are committing political suicide

The latest "The Producers" type tax dodge shows there are lots of very wealthy individuals living in the UK who should be paying a lot more for the privilege, but the major cause of most of the problems in the UK have not been caused by lack of money- quite the opposite in fact . The problems have been caused by wasting too much money indulging every single proclivity of every minority group going (multiculturalism if you like) that makes society unmanageable and funding that society unsustainable.

"Multiculturalism" is this case does not just mean tolerating other faiths and ethnic minorities and being able to claim UK benefits in about 20 different languages, but our homegrown benefits spongers and other assorted chancers who have worked out doing nothing is easier and more profitable than actually working. Developing a bad back is the modern equivalent of being born with a silver spoon in your mouth :lol:

Nurses are up there with doctors, police and teachers etc as the most important contributors to a society's "well being"- these days you have to be an idiot to do any of these jobs and every single dinner lady in the UK has a harder job than Theresa May. If you watch the adverts on UK TV you can see an economy thriving on pay day loans, no win no fee lawyers, online gambling and selling stairlifts and mobility scooters to a nation of bingo goers. No one wants a normal job anymore

A recent list of most wanted 20 jobs for UK youngster only had “lawyer” in the list. The rest all wanted to be bloggers, footballers and reality TV stars .Even the Eastern European “workers” are coming here to get on the money for nothing bandwagon mentality that pervades pretty much everything British these days .

I had to have a laugh at the recent case of the Romanian turnip picker who basically came across to get famous by getting bonked by famous people. Working at the Chiltern Firehouse she hit the jackpot by pulling Orlando Bloom and will now become a vital cog in the British economy by getting her knickers down and her knockers out for British public. I know 4 wealthy guys who have left their wives to shack up with Eastern European pole dancers and bar workers that are allegedly “so important” in keeping the UK economy and the NHS functioning :lol:

Chucking more money at the problems won't solve them, and a long as the country operates a huge budget deficit on top of it's huge national debt and recruits more and more low paid workers whose tax and NI contributions can never cover the money the state spends on them, every public sector pay rise has to be paid for by increasing the retirement age for everyone or increased taxes for everyone. It’s a complete mess caused by pandering to basic human greed and buckling to every piece of political correctness going

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:15 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex, Fantastic post very well put, I think that just about sums it all up :clap

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:28 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Ilex, Fantastic post very well put, I think that just about sums it all up :clap

I agree - but he still has not said how much more he would like to see the Nurses getting paid.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:24 pm 
Rock Star

One of the UK's problems is that years ago before MP's were paid they stood for the benefit of the country( although they had their own interests on the side) Now they are paid a fairly good salary with plenty of taxpayers benefits the MP's are only in it to have a career. The needs of the UK are secondary to their inflated egos. The real workers are only tolerated to keep the "elite" in their privileged positions

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:51 pm 
Top of the pops

zorbathejock wrote:
One of the UK's problems is that years ago before MP's were paid they stood for the benefit of the country( although they had their own interests on the side) Now they are paid a fairly good salary with plenty of taxpayers benefits the MP's are only in it to have a career. The needs of the UK are secondary to their inflated egos. The real workers are only tolerated to keep the "elite" in their privileged positions

Sounds an awful lot like the EU .... and the SNP ! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:56 pm 
Rock Star

Sounds more like the tories to me. Keep the workers down so we can make money.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:23 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
zorbathejock wrote:

Sounds an awful lot like the EU .... and the SNP ! ;)

and good old sunny Cyprus.
Geoff.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body