The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This got me wondering
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:01 pm 

This got me wondering
After a deluge (well quite a few) PM's from members complaining about other members and having looked at some of the recent posts, it got me wondering as to how many upset, aggrieved, insulting or insulted people there would be if duelling was still legal LOL

To all who sent me messages, I will be looking into your complaints / requests and reply as soon as I can once some technical issues are resolved.

May I also mention in passing that threatening me, whether ‘veiled’ or otherwise is not a good idea and should be thought through.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:23 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
This got me wondering
After a deluge (well quite a few) PM's from members complaining about other members and having looked at some of the recent posts, it got me wondering as to how many upset, aggrieved, insulting or insulted people there would be if duelling was still legal LOL

To all who sent me messages, I will be looking into your complaints / requests and reply as soon as I can once some technical issues are resolved.

May I also mention in passing that threatening me, whether ‘veiled’ or otherwise is not a good idea and should be thought through.

Is it just me or are people becoming over sensitive and unable to stand up for themselves any more.
Is democracy and freedom of speech being slowly eroded by the politically correct brigade .
In the years I have been a member here I have only had to report one particularly nasty piece of work that continually verbally and publicly abused me on here ( and a couple of other unlucky recipients of his drunken diatribes). I have had a couple of heated debates but nothing that has got out of hand.
Out of order to threaten a moderator and unwise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:42 pm 
Idol

It's got me wondering too... about what I must have missed?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:57 pm 
Top of the pops

You mean. Wot yoo mustuv mizzt

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:34 pm 
As long as people are not being, abusive then say whats on your mind...to many over sensitive lambs now days.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:08 pm 
Top of the pops

Guess I missed it also?! It's generally pretty friendly on here, there have been the occasional nasty pieces of work, who thankfully no longer grace this board with their presence. Sorry to hear things are getting nasty again, hopefully it'll pass!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Beverley, you're spot on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:43 pm 
Rock Star

If I post something you do not like then TOUGH!
That's your problem, live with it!
:banghead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:44 pm 
Rock Star

I think people should get a life!! As per Bev I have only once made a complaint to the Moderator and that was not because they insulted me but other people.
I will always stand up for myself if necessary ( and for others too) but I do not go running to the Mods at the drop of a coin!
And, on the very rare occasion that I may be wrong :sunny , I will apologise.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:52 pm 

Tallulah Savage wrote:
Guess I missed it also?! It's generally pretty friendly on here, there have been the occasional nasty pieces of work, who thankfully no longer grace this board with their presence. Sorry to hear things are getting nasty again, hopefully it'll pass!

Already passed, there are 3 members who will not be posting from 1 hour ago for at least the rest of the summer.....more may follow :bat

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Again BB, you're spot on. Too many people plead bullying, intimidation, etc when their own comments are rude and aggresive in their own right. A sense of reality is called for. The kitchen is naturally hot, those seeking more climatic temperatures should perhaps just stay out reather than inflaming the situation with inane comments.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body