The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trump and Climate Change
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:14 am 
Rock Star

World leaders are aghast what a disaster for the world, what is going on in Trumps head? to deny that climate change is a hoax then he is crackers, the world can see what the weather is doing because of climate change, even here in Cyprus the winters are wetter and windier also longer. It is the action of a self egotistic idiot who out of touch with the real world, stop the planet I want to get off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:11 am 
Regular

Can't say I like Trump but he is the elected President of the US and he got that position by promising to put the US first.

He isn't a very complicated character to work out, but on certain things he speaks some sense. I suspect the rationale behind this comes from what he perceives as the US already being disadvantaged in global trade via currency fixing and it's huge defence costs.

I suspect environmental standards in the US are quite high and the BMW emissions scandal would have had a lot of Americans asking why they should bother cleaning up their act when the Germans have been blatantly cheating to the enhancement of their own economic prospects ? China's dash for economic growth is seeing all sorts of toxins spewed out into the environment, so the logical conclusion would be to ask why should we bother to improve our own very high standards when no one else can be trusted to do so- it's a fair enough question surely?

Given that German industry is already benefiting from an artificially low Euro and China is notorious for fixing the exchange rates to boost their industrial output which will be a lot dirtier than the similar American emissions he maybe has a point when he asks if the US should further dampen it's competitiveness by complying with ever more strict regulations ? Just a few thoughts

Last edited by Ilex on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:20 am 
Top of the pops

He is doing what he was elected to do - put America first. He has made no pretence otherwise. The fact that the world's liberals object to this is of little interest to him.

Can the clock be turned back and the climate change reversed by cutting down on carbon dioxide emissions? It's only a theory that it can. Meanwhile South America is cutting down the rain forests which absorb the CO2, and the west trades its carbon use. The whole thing is illogical and doomed to failure. The real problem for the world is over-population.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:32 am 
Rock Star

Just had a PM from a member about Trump, just to clarify I have extracted this headline from the newspaper USA Today in which he claims climate change is a hoax orchestrated by the Chinese, make of it as you want, either way he in my opinion he is dangerous.

Trump has dubbed climate change a hoax, and once tweeted that global warming was a concept “created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive”.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:42 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Just had a PM from a member about Trump, just to clarify I have extracted this headline from the newspaper USA Today in which he claims climate change is a hoax orchestrated by the Chinese, make of it as you want, either way he in my opinion he is dangerous.

Trump has dubbed climate change a hoax, and once tweeted that global warming was a concept “created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive”.

After the 'emissions debacle' in Germany and observing the black smoke puthering out of Chinese steelworks .... Don't you thing the 'Luvvies & Green Parties' ought to be more concerned about them .... before castigating the USA ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:40 am 
Finally somebody who is doing what he promised and was elected to do, a refreshing change from the stench of corrupt two faced Politicians the World over.

Post subject: what a disgusting post !
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:21 pm 
Top of the pops

First: You know, calling names of a President here it is not brave, but spewing and hiding. It's not appropriate behavior for an adult.
For I'm not telling such things about your country's PM and whole "royal" loyalty.
Please, keep political posts civil.

As to "global warming" etc, we got feed enough by one on Nobel nominee. :violin

When you or other proponent of the coming "disaster" will have scientific historical data to cover each Earth ice period (I recall it's 10,000-40,000 years), then we will talk!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:33 pm 
Top of the pops

If you're really obsessed with carbon pollution - build/invest your money into this: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/06/switzerland-giant-new-machine-sucking-carbon-directly-air

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:57 pm 
Rock Star

Sergio what is it with you, you attack every post I have made also had a go at others, to quote you "you have too much time on your hands". But to answer your question you poor delicate little flower.
1. It is not insulting the President I am stating facts (can do insulting better than that).
2. Look what his own have to say about him.
3. Agreed there are others who pollute the planet but read the facts they contribute more than you realise.
4. Even the governors within the USA are shocked at his negativity and are going it alone.
Finally back off, you are brave on the PC but lets see you confront those who stand up to you

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:59 pm 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
Finally somebody who is doing what he promised and was elected to do, a refreshing change from the stench of corrupt two faced Politicians the World over.

Absolutely. I supported Trump all along and on this forum predicted, correctly, he would win and loser Clinton would lose.
USA first he says, and he is keeping to just that.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm 
Rock Star

There are some good rebuttals on this subject,I cannot disagree with any of them, also the last post by Geoff, nails it and I have to agree. Now love him or hate him there are at times you have to use diplomacy on the world stage, sadly he is as diplomatic as a bull in a china shop m(sorry no pun about china)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 pm 
Idol

He promised to give the coal miners their jobs back..... I can't think of any other way of him doing that without going against climate change, pollution etc.

A totally stupid move - but he's pig headed about everything else, so we can hardly be surprised at what he does. Let's hope he doesn't last the full term.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:26 pm 
Rock Star

Careful Fylde Fiily, Sergio might have a go at you for insulting the President. Anyway I agree as I said in my opening he is self centered and egotistical. Going off script slightly lurking behind the scenes is the inquiry into the sacking of the FBI agent, that will not go away, as commander in chief to fight with your intelligence agencies is a bit fool hardy, I believe at some point he will be impeached and that will be the end of him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:03 pm 
Idol

Impeachment would be a lucky escape, methinks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:11 pm 
Regular

Liberals hate Trump-his assertion that not all immigration is good immigration obviously flies in the face of everything people have been force fed for the last 15 years (with failure to believe that getting you branded as a narrow mined racist )

Regarding climate change - it is impossible to believe this many people burning this much fossil fuel cannot have an impact on the environment , but creating a set of economic circumstances in which people who could previously never have dreamed of owning a car use their new found wealth to buy one (a Chinese built model using 1980's technology in a factory spewing out 20 times more emission than it's Western equivalent)) is hardy going to alleviate the problem is it ?

Europe has actively promoted the use of diesel cars in the last 20 years- so much so that 50% of cars on European roads are diesel. The Americans only have about 3%.

What an environmental disaster that is !!- is anyone criticising the European governments or the EU for their "stupidity" in allowing that to happen ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:25 pm 
Top of the pops

If I would use same defamation words against your country PM or other top person ? Or there are no more problems in that vicinity ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:42 pm 
Regular

You can call people what you want- that is all part of the free speech aspect of living in a democratic society. Trump is a democratically elected leader of the most powerful democracy in the world and that democracy protects a lot of other democracies

He will be subject to ridicule by some, but that is part of the democratic, free speech process. What disgusted me was the attitude of certain "liberals" as to how we as a nation should treat him- morons signed a petition to try and ban him from the UK and/or downgrade the status of his visit. The people who signed that petition are not not only more ignorant than Trump they are infinitely more dangerous.

If Trump is out of order the democratic process in the US will bring him to heel- we don’t need a bunch of self appointed vigilantes laying down the law about the relationship the UK should have with him because they see him as a threat to their own agenda

These same people then seemingly then cheer when a nobody elected by nobody (like Juncker) goes around threatening the UK for exercising its democratic rights- you could not make it up. That attitude makes certain people no more enlightened or liberal than the far right they allegedly despise, but have actually morphed into and 100 times more ignorant and reactionary than Trump (not that I think he is all peaches and cream)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:03 pm 
Idol

Sergio wrote:
If I would use same defamation words against your country PM or other top person ? Or there are no more problems in that vicinity ?

Don't worry Sergio - I'm not enamoured of our current PM ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:54 pm 

Trump needs to visit Dallas.....

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body