The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Labour + SNP Coalition??
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 pm 
Top of the pops

My political pundits back in the UK (Tory Party workers) tell me they are now fearful of a
Labour + SNP Coalition.
With Corbyn as PM, Diane Abbot as Foreign Secretary, McDonald as Chancellor, and Robertson as Home Secretary or Brexit Minister.
Others such a the Greens might join them, at least on some issues.
I just pass this info on for forum members - I am just the messenger so don't shoot me down in flames.
But I mean, is that possibility a real possibility?
I suppose if it was at least we would keep the State Pension Triple Lock and my wife who was born in 1956 (WASPI) some interim payment!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:37 pm 
Regular

It really does not bear thinking about!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:03 pm 
Rock Star

Your pundits are not very reliable. They were forecasting an exchange rate of over 1.40 euros to the pound when article 50 was triggered.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:23 pm 
Rock Star

Personally I think Corbyn will clutch at any straw to gain power. And if the straw is Sturgeon's lot then so be it. Of course if he gives the mouthy little idiot a referendum and Scotland leave the Union then won't that be a shot in his foot. Corbyn's cohort the Venerable Abbott will try to have every white racist in the UK deported. By her maths that will be about 50 million less to vote for them next time so not such a bad idea. Of course, that will mean there will not be enough people left earning in the UK to pay for all the pie in the sky schemes that Labour have thought up not to mention their wages and expenses, all of which will require a bottomless pit of taxpayer "donations" from their wallets, so they will borrow, borrow and borrow again and then when the Tories get back in next time they will have to borrow, borrow and borrow just to pay back the interest on all the loans Labour got and get castigated for cutting services to the bone.
And so the merry go round will go round and round and round and we will moan and moan and then find a great new politician that we can all say is the saviour of the country.
What a pity there isn't a "None Of The Above" box to tick.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 pm 
Rock Star

Strange that the tories have borrowed more since 2010 than every Labour Govt combined, even though labour had to borrow to bail out the capitalist banks.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 pm 
Top of the pops

God help us all if the first post happens

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:20 pm 
Regular

"My political pundits"?

Those are just the voices in your head, Geoff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:47 am 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
"My political pundits"?

Those are just the voices in your head, Geoff.

Maybe you would prefer the word "contacts" instead of "pundits"?
They are both from North Yorkshire and long standing friends of mine and long standing workers for the Conservative Party.
Geoff.
P.S. Regards the £>€ exchange rate that forecast of 1.40 came from my chums in the City. They were correct that it would improve post referendum (when everybody else was saying the opposite) but then the calling of the General Election threw the trend off track. If Mrs May wins the Election it will go back up again (I am told), or further down if Corbyn or Corbyn + SNP wins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 am 
Star

Less than a week to find out, but its definitely not looking good for the Cons at the moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:09 am 
Rock Star

The frightening thought that there are many voters in the UK who will emulate the American Voters and vote in Corbyn, we are seeing he same ground swell in the UK towards Corbyn as what occurred in the US with Trump, that is if you believe the papers if that is the case the UK is in for a hard time and will reap what they sow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:01 pm 
Rock Star

The thought of Corbyn in Downing Street really worries me, but on reflection I thought of the consequences for me.....(we all think how it will affect us, don't we)

I don't earn more than £80,000...........so shouldn't pay anymore direct tax.
I'm a pensioner.................triple lock should stay.
So far so good.

Corporation Tax will be increased.......................prices will go up.
More immigrants.......................use of NHS increases............becomes a bottomless pit.
Bum deal with EU...........................travel not so good.

Let's just vote to keep the man out!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:17 pm 
Any man who has had the courage to have hankey pankey with Diane Abbot ...deserves to become Prime minister :crylaughin .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:39 pm 
Rock Star

Bum deal with EU? May is threatening no deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:58 pm 
Rock Star

Quote:
Any man who has had the courage to have hankey pankey with Diane Abbot ...deserves to become Prime minister :crylaughin

Oh be fair coys, it was dark & late at his local 'grab a granny' night! :crylaughin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:01 pm 
Top of the pops

The Labour Party killed itself when Ed Milliband, with the help of the unions, stabbed his own brother, David in the back. Now David could have been a formidable Prime Minister. If that jackass Corbyn gets in, then Europe will be laughing it's head off. The UK will never be the same again if left to him to negotiate Brexit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:46 pm 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
Any man who has had the courage to have hankey pankey with Diane Abbot ...deserves to become Prime minister :crylaughin .

Brill post! :clap
Hard to imagine them at it though.
:celebrate

I said last year on this forum after the referendum that it would be a mistake to write Corbyn off, even though most of his MPs did not support him he had massive support amongst the Party members around the country, and he got nearly a half million new members!
He is a seasoned campaigner - but he is welcome to get into bed with Mrs Sturgeon; Diane Abbot a better bet for that sort of hanky panky (bit more meat on her).
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:57 pm 

Sturgeon is one of the heavyweights of British politics, as is Robertson.

Sadly, Middle-England quivers at any thought that Scots could influence their future .....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:20 pm 
Top of the pops

jimgward wrote:

Sadly, Middle-England quivers at any thought that Scots could influence their future .....

Scots ?
Blair, Brown, Cameron have already influenced our past !
I suppose Sturgeon & Robertson could continue that effect ..... and put the tin lid on the UK. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:16 am 
Rock Star

jimgward wrote:

Sturgeon has got Middle England quivering?????? She is good for a laugh with her rants, she has made how many U turns so far in her quest for independence, she ignores the peoples wishes (voting to remain in the UK) much like her beloved European Union ignores democratic votes, she assumes Scotland will stroll into the EU with no strings attached, but of course has U turned on that or rather has put that on her hidden back burner along with all her other grandiose ideas.
So, yes, Middle England is quivering.......but only because Middle England are holding the laughter in.

Please do not forget that Scotland has been influencing the future of the UNITED KINGDOM since the 1770s and long may sensible Scottish MPs continue to do so.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body