The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Russia USA and France
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:39 pm 
Rock Star

Ironic that the world has condemned Trump for talking to the Russians, in tonight's BBC headlines (online) the French President Macron has held a meeting with Putin says we must talk to the Russians, no issue with that, but does that look like hypocrisy and do as I say not as I do.
Love him or hate Trump is dammed either way.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:16 pm 
Top of the pops

Seems to me yo have too much of free time at your disposal, creating so many political threads here, in Paphos forum.
I'm curious, why you not share your thoughts about local life with same pace ? :pow

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:53 pm 
Rock Star

Sergio, get a life people what I do with my time is nothing to do with you or anyone else, I do not attack you for some of the drivel you put on the site.

I am not the only person to post political items on here open your eyes and see what others post.
But to answer your paphetic question, people should be aware what is going on in the world which may have an effect on us here, if you do not like it well tough do not read it simple that is democracy.
If you attack me again reap what you sow.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:41 pm 
Top of the pops

I wouldn't take this as an attack, it was mere my point of view to the forum's life last days...
...too much politics for the forum...

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Sergio, although I don't neccassarily agree wth "lowvoltages" comment, I do believe your comments are rather unfair. Surely others are allowed an opinion, and I do think your reply could have been a little more considerate in that he or she is entitled to an opinion like you or I are, without giving what appears to be a rather rude response surely?

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:22 am 
Top of the pops

I'm out of the politics and do try live on the wonderful island by normal life ...
Spending time with "coach experts in politics" like we seen on TV who knowing each mind of each PM of each country and thinking how important to do the mind's dissection and "feed" masses... Not real... wasting time... well, get paid pretty well(!). Sadly, the "disease" spread over Internet now. For nothing :doh

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:44 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Sadly, the "disease" spread over Internet now. For nothing :doh

Thanks for clearing that up Sergio! ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:00 am 
Top of the pops

It would be nice to see a special forum here, say "Hyde park" or "Soap Box" , to give a place for anyone who want went out own political point... about PMs, Corbyn, May, Germany,France, Russia and USA !

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:04 am 

There already is one, it's the Political and Finance Section (a section that was requested)

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:24 am 
Top of the pops

Sergio wrote:
I'm out of the politics and do try live on the wonderful island by normal life ...
Spending time with "coach experts in politics" like we seen on TV who knowing each mind of each PM of each country and thinking how important to do the mind's dissection and "feed" masses... Not real... wasting time... well, get paid pretty well(!). Sadly, the "disease" spread over Internet now. For nothing :doh
If you open a thread entitled 'Russia USA and France' then is it not unreasonable to expect that the thread might not be about Cyprus? It is not compulsory to look in threads that have no interest for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:44 am 
Top of the pops

KG wrote:
If you open a thread entitled 'Russia USA and France' then is it not unreasonable to expect that the thread might not be about Cyprus? It is not compulsory to look in threads that have no interest for you.

Well, if the forum (remember its name ?) fill up each day with new politic threads ... it's DISGUSTING !!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:58 am 

The forum name is ‘Paphos People’

Paphos People doesn’t mean everyone contributing to the forum has to be in Paphos or only post about Paphos items.
We have members in the USA, Malta, Germany, France, The Middle East, The UK, Australia, South Africa; Russia and a couple of ‘the stans’………we even allow people from ‘The North’ to contribute LOL
We have members who have houses in Cyprus but work ‘overseas’
We have members who ‘retired’ here for medical reason and the good weather but still retain property in the UK and family / connections there.
We have members who have residency here BUT fully intend to move back to the UK at a later date.
We have members who have lived in Paphos / Cyprus but who are now in another country but wish to maintain links with Paphos / Cyprus / friends.
The forum is for anyone who has anything to do with Paphos / Cyprus who wishes to post anything (within the forum rules & guidelines) that may affect their Day 2 Day life!!

There is a label that in the back of my pants that says St Michael but that doesn’t mean he is the only person who can wear them. :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:03 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
The forum name is ‘Paphos People
... Day 2 Day life!!

Yeah, baby !
Finally, I see that now :grin:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:40 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
The forum name is ‘Paphos People’
Paphos People doesn’t mean everyone contributing to the forum has to be in Paphos or only post about Paphos items..............
There is a label that in the back of my pants that says St Michael but that doesn’t mean he is the only person who can wear them. :lol:

Good amount of thought and research in your reply, Dave.
The 'punch line' made me laugh, too. :clap

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:53 pm 
Top of the pops

Quote:

And there was me thinking you were a C&A man.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:00 pm 
Rock Star

tanny wrote:
Quote:

They would have to be old pants.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:15 pm 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:
Quote:

Maybe he only went there for coats & 'ats ! ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:01 pm 
Top of the pops

I was very surprised but C&A are a massive business in Europe with large stores and exactly the same logo as many years ago in the UK.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body