The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 51 years of Cyprus
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 2:01 pm 
Rock Star

This is a photo of my lovely wife Val, she was just 19, it was taken in Limassol in December 1966 at our regimental band Christmas social, we recently celebrated 51 years of marriage, four children and five grandchildren, had I not been posted back to the UK our eldest son who will be 50 in December would have been born at Akrotiri.
Cyprus has played a big part in our lives and we still visit with friends from 1966/7.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: 51 years of Cyprus
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 3:12 pm 
Rock Star

Congratulations on your 51st Anniversary, not many marriages last that long next month me and the wife will have been married 38 years, long way go to catch you up.
Also very nice photo as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:16 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
Congratulations on your 51st Anniversary, not many marriages last that long next month me and the wife will have been married 38 years, long way go to catch you up.
Also very nice photo as well.

Many, many thanks.
When we boarded an internal flight in the US in 1999 they put us in first class when they found out we'd been married 33 years.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:37 pm 
Rock Star

Congratulations to you both. 4 years to go and I'll equal you but of course, still be 4 years in arrears.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:20 pm 
Rock Star

Congratulations

I've been married nearly 40 years....it has been to two ladies though.

I told a Muslim friend of mine and he asked if it had been at the same time..... :manic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 am 
Rock Star

zorbathejock wrote:
Congratulations to you both. 4 years to go and I'll equal you but of course, still be 4 years in arrears.

Thanks from both of us.
Hope we'll be invited to come over for the celebration.

Last edited by Bassman63 on Tue May 30, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:20 am 
Rock Star

Big Nev wrote:
Congratulations

I've been married nearly 40 years....it has been to two ladies though.

I told a Muslim friend of mine and he asked if it had been at the same time..... :manic

Thanks very much, we celebrated our 40th (Ruby wedding) anniversary in Paphos in 2006 with some forum friends.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:56 pm 
Rock Star

Come-on my friend we have seen a lovely picture of the good lady, don't be shy lets have one of you.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:44 pm 
Star

Bassman congratulations.33 years is a long time to be married in the US.We spend a lot of time there ourselves.I remember many years ago when we were there,we were having a meeting with a notary and he asked us how long we had been married.When we told him 31 years he said well done that's brilliant.I asked him how long had he been married he said 38 years .I said great thats longer than us.He said yes but its taken me four wives to do it.
Oh,,we will have been married 47 years next month. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 pm 
Rock Star

vine wrote:
Bassman congratulations.33 years is a long time to be married in the US.We spend a lot of time there ourselves.I remember many years ago when we were there,we were having a meeting with a notary and he asked us how long we had been married.When we told him 31 years he said well done that's brilliant.I asked him how long had he been married he said 38 years .I said great thats longer than us.He said yes but its taken me four wives to do it.
Oh,,we will have been married 47 years next month. :shock:

Hope you have a memorable day and an even better one in 3 years.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:13 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
Come-on my friend we have seen a lovely picture of the good lady, don't be shy lets have one of you.

I'm the good looking one on the left on the left with the 1965 Fender Jazz Bass bought in Limassol in 1966 for £107 (£175 in the UK) sold it 12 years ago for £3,500 and paid off my mortgage, would have fetched £9k today.

The larger photo was taken in 1964 backstage at the Derby Locarno Val was 17 I was 21.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:25 am 
Star

Bassman63 wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

I'm the good looking one on the left on the left with the 1965 Fender Jazz Bass bought in Limassol in 1966 for £107 (£175 in the UK) sold it 12 years ago for £3,500 and paid off my mortgage, would have fetched £9k today.

The larger photo was taken in 1964 backstage at the Derby Locarno Val was 17 I was 21.

My weapon of choice was a Fender Precission bass.I got back from six months touring with it,gigging the US military basis in Europe.Got back home,My then girlfriend lent it to a (so called) friend and that was the last I saw of it.....Oh,that girlfriend has been my wife for 46 years.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:37 am 
Rock Star

vine wrote:
Bassman63 wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

My weapon of choice was a Fender Precission bass.I got back from six months touring with it,gigging the US military basis in Europe.Got back home,My then girlfriend lent it to a (so called) friend and that was the last I saw of it.....Oh,that girlfriend has been my wife for 46 years.

This is my late boyhood friends 1962 Precision which he bought new, I took the photo in Jan this year, I told his widow to contact me if anyone came sniffing around, low and behold 15 years later a local wide boy entertainment agent offered her £1700, it is worth £7,000. She's glad she called me.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:13 am 
Star

Bassman,you,ve just made my day.7,000 quid?And my wife gave mine away.The one in your pic was exactly the same as mine,which I bought in 1963 for 115 pounds (on the tick) :-(

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body