The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strong Leadership
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:06 am 
Rock Star

The events in Manchester have shocked everyone, I know from experience that behind the scenes our security people are doing their best to stop this terror repeating itself, in the next few days there will be a lot fake news and opinions what we should and should not do, everyone is an expert from their armchairs.

At times like this we need strong sensible leadership, a leader who will be tough, make sensible decisions and not resort to knee jerk reactions, I believe Teresa May is the ideal person for this, her calm press conference's and the way she has conducted herself so far has been exemplary and just what this country needs.

Post subject: Re: Strong Leadership
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:57 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
The events in Manchester have shocked everyone, I know from experience that behind the scenes our security people are doing their best to stop this terror repeating itself, in the next few days there will be a lot fake news and opinions what we should and should not do, everyone is an expert from their armchairs.

At times like this we need strong sensible leadership, a leader who will be tough, make sensible decisions and not resort to knee jerk reactions, I believe Teresa May is the ideal person for this, her calm press conference's and the way she has conducted herself so far has been exemplary and just what this country needs.

I'll second that.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:15 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:

Totally agree.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:33 am 
Top of the pops

Maybe she should start by expelling members of the IRA from her own party.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:05 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Maybe she should start by expelling members of the IRA from her own party.

They would find a home with traitors Corbyn or Blair.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:27 am 
Top of the pops

Probably, along with complicity, lying, cheating etc etc etc. None of them can be trusted as far as one can urinate in the wind. They are all about self interest whether seen or cleverly smoked.

Most of them are odious individuals who I wouldn't chose to spend any social time with.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:11 am 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:
Probably, along with complicity, lying, cheating etc etc etc. None of them can be trusted as far as one can urinate in the wind. They are all about self interest whether seen or cleverly smoked.

Most of them are odious individuals who I wouldn't chose to spend any social time with.

So who would you like to run the Country Tanny?
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 pm 
Rock Star

Well I tend to think Mrs May is a highly principled and effective leader, and goes from strength to strength..

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:25 pm 
Top of the pops

Hudswell wrote:
Well I tend to think Mrs May is a highly principled and effective leader, and goes from strength to strength..

I totally agree. But I was wondering what Tanny thinks.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:50 pm 
Rock Star

Hudswell wrote:

Surely you mean goes from one position to another. No general election to snap election. No cap on home care costs to cap on them (undisclosed). Increased National Insurance on self employed to no increase. Believes Brexit is bad for the country to going for a hard Brexit.The weather doesn't change as much as she does.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Frankly I would have none of them. The current electoral and governmental system should be abolished. All representatives who are elected to serve should be as paid servants (well paid) and neither them nor any of their family should have ANY form of outside interest be it physical or financial in any aspect .

All representatives should be 'independent' although they can form alliances later for certain purposes.

So in a word Geoffreys, it really does not matter who is in with the current system the vast majority are inbred, inexperienced, spoon fed and simply self serving leeches on society who society has allowed to run roughshod over them to the point of submission or bursting. Watch this space for the bursting element as it will happen.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:28 pm 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:
Frankly I would have none of them. The current electoral and governmental system should be abolished. All representatives who are elected to serve should be as paid servants (well paid) and neither them nor any of their family should have ANY form of outside interest be it physical or financial in any aspect .

All representatives should be 'independent' although they can form alliances later for certain purposes.

So in a word Geoffreys, it really does not matter who is in with the current system the vast majority are inbred, inexperienced, spoon fed and simply self serving leeches on society who society has allowed to run roughshod over them to the point of submission or bursting. Watch this space for the bursting element as it will happen.

Thanks for your reply Tanny.
"Paid servants" of whome? Who would be in charge and make the democratically representative decisions the people and country would require?
I feel communism coming on; is THAT what you have in mind?
I agree regards expenses and use of family and so on - just out of order that sort of thing!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:36 pm 
Top of the pops

"Paid servants" of whome? The electorate
Who would be in charge and make the democratically representative decisions the people and country would require? The people, representative voting and use of technology.
I feel communism coming on; is THAT what you have in mind? Certainly not, where have I mentioned that?
I agree regards expenses and use of family and so on - just out of order that sort of thing!
Geoff.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:39 pm 
Rock Star

Tanny, bit over the top, may I offer my thoughts.
Some have their own agenda and they are the ones who are not fit to rule, I happen to know one of my local MP's I went to school with him, he is a lovely chap, absolutely straight as they come, to tar them all by the same brush is a bit like saying all Muslims are bombers. Unless someone comes up with a credible solution then we do not have a bad system, what you should be up in arms about is the House of Lords, now we will all have a go at that lazy loafing lot.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:02 pm 
Regular

I always thought that "opinionated " meant "having a strong opinion ".

You live and learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:18 pm 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:
Who would be in charge and make the democratically representative decisions the people and country would require?
Rule by the twitterati. Oh Joy! :crylaughin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:55 pm 
Top of the pops

tanny wrote:
"Paid servants" of whome? The electorate
Who would be in charge and make the democratically representative decisions the people and country would require? The people, representative voting and use of technology.
I feel communism coming on; is THAT what you have in mind? Certainly not, where have I mentioned that?
Geoff.

You didn't mention communism, I just wondered if that was what you were getting round to. Very pleased it is not on your Agenda (not on mine either).
Regards who would be in charge etc I don't think your suggestion would work in practice. It sounds like digital referendums for everything.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:19 pm 
Top of the pops

zorbathejock wrote:
Hudswell wrote:

Surely you mean goes from one position to another. No general election to snap election. No cap on home care costs to cap on them (undisclosed). Increased National Insurance on self employed to no increase. Believes Brexit is bad for the country to going for a hard Brexit.The weather doesn't change as much as she does.

She had to change her mind about a snap election, as, at a critical time re Brexit, a certain Scots so called leader, decided she wants another referendum on a totally different issue, and probably would continue to do so until the silly mare got a "yes" vote to further her aims, that the Scots voted against in the first place. Also, the cowards at the other political parties, whats left of them, also decided to use some divisive methods to rock the boat.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:21 pm 
Top of the pops

Wavy Dave wrote:
zorbathejock wrote:
Hudswell wrote:

She had to change her mind about a snap election, as, at a critical time re Brexit, a certain Scots so called leader, decided she wants another referendum on a totally different issue, and probably would continue to do so until the silly mare got a "yes" vote to further her aims, that the Scots voted against in the first place. Also, the cowards at the other political parties, whats left of them, also decided to use some divisive methods to rock the boat.

"Silly Mare" = Trouble Maker!
:goodpost :clap
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 pm 
Rock Star

The demand for another referendum is because Scotland voted to remain in the EU and wanted a referendum when the terms were known not on an entirely different issue. May had a majority and had been given authority to implement section 50. There was/is no need for an election. She flip flops whenever she comes under pressure, hardly strong and stable.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:37 pm 
Rock Star

zorbathejock wrote:
The demand for another referendum is because Scotland voted to remain in the EU and wanted a referendum when the terms were known not on an entirely different issue. May had a majority and had been given authority to implement section 50. There was/is no need for an election. She flip flops whenever she comes under pressure, hardly strong and stable.

No,the demand for another Scottish Referendum is because Mrs Sturgeon did not get the answer she wanted the first time....the Scottish people voted to remain in the union, and although the the people of Scotland voted in the UK referendum to remain in the EU It matters not, the vote was not regional, it was one man one vote.. Recent polls show support for independence eroding.....perhaps Mrs Sturgeon should take note and concentrate instead on the Scottish NHS and other areas where the SNP have woefully neglected. The election was forced upon her by the antics of the opposition parties....and members of her own party, unlike other leaders she is will ping to listen to the people and admit when she has got it wrong....works for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:27 pm 
Regular

Sturgeon impugned May by suggesting she was not an elected PM.

Not only will May become an "elected" PM, she will become an elected PM with a working majority.

I suspect if Sturgeon had the guts to put her "popularity" to the test to obtain a working majority in the Scottish Parliament (which she currently doesn't have but is surely a prerequisite for calling another referendum) she would find herself out of a job?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:01 pm 
Rock Star

The elections for Holyrood are designed that no party would have an overall majority, something the SNP gained in the previous election and came within a whisker of achieving in the last one.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:03 pm 
Regular

So they had it and they lost it :roll: - and the way they are going will never get it again. If they can't get a majority for independence with a working majority why should anyone take the calls for another referendum seriously when they don't :doh

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm 
Regular

Strong leadership.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:33 pm 
Top of the pops

zorbathejock wrote:

With Brexit taking at least two years, we need a Government in force now that goes beyond that time, to deal with other issues once we are out of the EU. That is why TM called the election.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body