The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Explosion in Manchester.
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:41 am 
Master

I feel so sorry for the people who went to this event!
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/22/europ ... index.html

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 am 
Rock Star

Our thoughts are with all the people of Manchester this morning.

Alan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:56 am 
Rock Star

Our thoughts are with all the people of Manchester this morning.

Alan

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:34 am 
Rock Star

My feelings go out to my fellow Mancunians also visitors from other towns & Cities who came to my Great City and either died or have been injured.

I was born and bred in the Greater Manchester Area, though I live in Cyprus my roots are Mancunian and proud of it, we had the IRA bombing now this.
Today I am saddened, many families will grieve but then we will come back stronger.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:46 am 
Top of the pops

Truly saddened at this cowardly attack on the young people and families of Manchester and visitors to this great city

My heart goes out to them all at this despicable attack

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:30 am 
Top of the pops

It is unfortunate that the perpetrator was a suicide bomber so killed himself too; so cannot now be brought to justice.
However if he had any accomplices (e.g. a bomb maker) I hope the authorities can track them down and bring THEM to justice.
Great pity UK does not anymore have hanging!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 am 
Regular

Shocking incident and my sympathies to all the families involved.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:19 pm 
Rock Star

And it goes on.....another truely terrible incident aimed at innocents, and there are still people out there that think we can negotiate with these monsters.....

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:20 pm 
Forum Admin

I have no words for this .... Why kill such young innocent people..
its beyond me .... :tickedoff

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:59 pm 

When they name the perpetrator hopefully it will be flushed down the sewer with Brady. My thoughts are with the families of those who have lost loved ones and the injured.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:02 pm 

From Greater Manchester Police
"With regards to last night’s incident at the Manchester arena, we can confirm we have arrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester."

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:07 pm 
Top of the pops

The first named victim, 18 year old Georgina Callender, was on the second year of a course at college for 'Health & Social Care'.
A youngster, training to help her fellow countrymen !
How many other victims would be of similar value in the future ? .... We will certainly never know, sadly.

The only valueless 'piece of *!' was the terrorist ... He will not be missed by any decent individual !!!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:59 pm 
Rock Star

The youngest victim was a little 8 year old girl, what on earth did she did to warrant this, the answer is nothing she was at a music concert.

BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY

Last edited by lowvoltage on Tue May 23, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:11 pm 
Rock Star

Can you believe this, from the news a few minutes ago.

Meanwhile, Senator Viktor Ozerov, who heads the Russian defence committee, called the bombing a "lesson" to British special forces for refusing to co-operate with their Russian counterparts.

He said: "We have said several times, although the UK was the first country that refused to co-operate with us at the level of intelligence services, that we are ready to share any information we have. And now, of course, this applies."

NO WORDS - He says a lesson

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:25 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
The youngest victim was a little 8 year old girl, what on earth did she did to warrant this, the answer is nothing she was at a music concert.

BRING BACK TO DEATH PENALTY

The poor mite was a British Cypriot...

http://cyprus-mail.com/2017/05/23/girl- ... n-reports/

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:01 pm 

Salman Abedi has been named by police as the suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured 59 at Manchester Arena on Monday night.

The 22-year-old was Manchester born and from a family of Libyan origin, the BBC understands.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:34 pm 
Rock Star

I'd always remembered Manchester Arena for the two 'Crosby Stills & Nash' concerts Val & I went to there, but sadly not anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 am 
Top of the pops

Just released on BBC news....Uk had now gone to critical alert!
As the government think that another attack is imminent
May you all stay safe

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:26 am 
Rock Star

As in the 1930s we reap what the Appeasers have sown.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:16 am 
Rock Star

There is too much political correctness in the West, I will say this if the Britain, France, Germany United States, and the rest of Europe, Russia and China join hands and work together, they can crush these groups within no time, but unfortunately that is not going to happen.
Wishful thinking.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
There is too much political correctness in the West, I will say this if the Britain, France, Germany United States, and the rest of Europe, Russia and China join hands and work together, they can crush these groups within no time, but unfortunately that is not going to happen.
Wishful thinking.

To kill the snake you have to cut off its head. The head is in Syria and Iraq and Libya.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:03 am 
Idol

lowvoltage wrote:
Wishful thinking.

Britain has been on high terror alert constantly for the last 12 years

At least 1,700 'British' citizens are on a watchlist as an immediate threat to national security, of the last batch of 850 returning 'fighters' from Syria, a large proportion are currently 'whereabouts unknown'

We have no real idea how many young British Muslims have attended jihadi training camps abroad, and the radicalising organisations operate in the UK with impunity, fuelled by foreign money whose origins we are well aware of.

Children are dead, because adults have not protected them by doing the things that need to be done, or saying the things that need to be said.

The poor mites corpses weren't even cold before the message management began

Attachment:
cabbie 1.jpg
Attachment:
cabbie 2.jpg
Attachment:
cabbie 3.jpg
Attachment:
cabbie 4.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 am 
Star

lowvoltage wrote:
Wishful thinking.

Exactly!

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:19 am 
Regular

I'm not sure I'd want to get into a taxi with any driver with words like "deadly" and "firetrap" on his shirt at the best of times- after a bombing I'd be even less inclined to do so.

But yeah, we need to actively root out Islamic extremists. That will involve racial profiling and major changes to the law to enable us to tackle these nutters before they blow themselves and other innocent people up.

If "innocent" Muslims are inconvenienced by all this then too bad- it may give them an incentive to help us root out the nutters amongst them too. I fail to see how any reasonable group or religion could object to that, but I suspect there will plenty of objections (and not just from the obvious "religious" sources)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:31 pm 
Rock Star

The silence from Muslims Demonstrating against this barbarism is deafening compared to their reaction to Rushdies book when they demonstrated all over the UK.
Tells you one thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:23 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
To kill the snake you have to cut off its head. The head is in Syria and Iraq and Libya.
Geoff.
... and Manchester, Birmingham, Bradford, London, ... This is a cultural mindset not a rigid entity.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 pm 
Idol

And when the muslim community are "shopping" their own and seemingly being ignored... what can you do?

Just in:

EXCLUSIVE: Terror hotline alert
Steve Swann
BBC Home Affairs Unit
Posted at
16:35
A Muslim community worker has told BBC News that members of the public called the police anti-terrorism hotline warning about the Manchester suicide bomber’s extreme and violent views several years ago.
The BBC also understands that Abedi was in Manchester earlier this year when he told people of the value of dying for a cause and made hardline statements about suicide operations and the conflict in Libya.
The community worker – who did not want to be identified – said two people who knew Salman Abedi at college made separate calls to the police.
They had been worried that “he was supporting terrorism” and had expressed the view that “being a suicide bomber was OK.” The friends had argued with him, telling him he was wrong but had become so concerned they contacted the police.
The community worker told the BBC “all of the publicity is about Muslims not coming forward and this shows that they are coming forward and expressing their concerns.”
The calls are thought to have been made around five years ago after Abedi left school, where he was known to have smoked marijuana and mixed with gangs in south Manchester.
Greater Manchester Police said they would not comment on the claims.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm 
Idol

Abedi had attended a jihadi training camp and had been reported to the Police and Home office on a number of occasions as a potential threat

He had recently returned from Libya, visiting his father who had returned there and changed his name to a nom-du-guerre of Abu Ismail, although he definitely hadn't returned to fight with Al-Qaeda, despite previously having been a close friend with known Al-Qaeda terrorist Abu Abas al-Libi, who having had a brief spell on the FBI most wanted list for the bombing of American Embassies [note the plural] had been snatched by a SEAL team and 'accidentally died' in US custody, because that would be wrong, obvs.

He was overheard on multiple occasions discussing the glory of being a suicide bomber by his classmates, which they reported to the Police.

Although he was on a watch list, his provenance did not allow him to reach the priority watch list, for close surveillance.

That means that, according to the Home Office, there are at least 1,700 jihadis in the UK, who represent a greater risk of committing terrorist acts than he did.

I'll let you think about that for a bit

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:43 pm 
Rock Star

Just remember this is the UK police force that protected Muslims screaming hatred at our returning troops from Afghanistan and Iraq and arrested British people who took exception, talk about jobsworths.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:38 am 
Idol

... and is the same UK police force that ignored (for years) all the warnings about Muslim men grooming and sexually exploiting local white girls which was serialized recently in the programme "Three Girls"?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:26 am 
Star

Bassman63 wrote:
Just remember this is the UK police force that protected Muslims screaming hatred at our returning troops from Afghanistan and Iraq and arrested British people who took exception, talk about jobsworths.

Yes Bassman,hard to believe is it not.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 am 
Top of the pops

Well I think that our police forces do an excellent job in very trying and difficult circumstances.

And yes at times those at the TOP absolutely DO get things very wrong...as in the case of the Rochdale grooming issues...for those who watched 3 girls on tv ....their failures and reasonings where appalling!

And yes our Police Officers where ordered from above NOT to intervene in the outrageous and dreadful racist jibes at our soldiers...which also was absolutely wrong!

But it has to be said that the majority of ordinary Police officers do an amazing job and they where there on the scene along with other services giving their all to help and protect our youngsters and the public

Well done our Police Officers and all other services

I applaud you for your work the other night and every day on our uk streets

It must have been absolutely horrendous trying to sort out body parts near to the bomb site of children and young parents! And having to deal with extremely distressed and frightened youngsters to help calm them down and reassure them when they where so frightened.

Manchesters Police Officers, the services and hospitals and staff where amazing

As was the Manchester people of all walks of life and faiths including Muslim taxi drivers and takeaway owners, who helped to make sure that these children and their families got to safety as soon as possible...there where great deeds of kindness from across the board...

Which as a fellow Mancunian I understood completely.....their outstanding kindness and coming together at times of absolute horror...because I am proud to say, that that is the kind of people and City that it is.

Now off :soap :grin:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 1:34 pm 
Rock Star

vine wrote:
Bassman63 wrote:

Yes Bassman,hard to believe is it not.

As an ex serviceman I was shocked.
I may have posted this before but I was attending a gig with my band in Rotherham South Yorks and unloading the van when a policeman pointed out that we were parked on double yellow lines, so I pointed to a row of empty taxis also parked on double lines, "Pakis" replied the police officer, says much about our police or those in control.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:57 pm 
Idol

It appears I owe you all an apology, on the basis of the duff information I gave you regarding the number of suspected terrorists being monitored by the Home Office, as opposed to people like Abedi, who are considered just worthy of the occasional check, which I put at, as far as I was aware, 1,700 individuals.

It turns out that in the press release from the Home Office, where they explained why they did not have the resources to track 'low priority' targets like Abedi, because they currently were running 500 active investigations of what they considered to be higher priority targets.

The total number of individuals involved in those investigations is around 3,000, not the 1,700 I suggested

Sorry about that

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:13 pm 
Rock Star

Pete G those numbers make us shudder, so my friend lets talk numbers.
Example for all,

Germany have let 2.5 million people into Europe, again 2.5 million, so if 0.5% (half a percent) were (terrorists) then that is a total of 12.500 evil does lurking in Europe
TWELVE THOUSAND AND FIVE HUNDERD
Can you imagine what the security forces have to do, Corbyn should blame Germany not the UK

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:28 pm 
Regular

The 3,000 Pete mentions are pat of a group of 23,000 that are considered to be potentially dangerous- and of course these are only the ones we know about. There is undoubtedly an on going programme of radicalisation of young Muslims that will be churning out lots more

Don't want to reveal too many details, but a young relative of mine got to know one of these lunatics. He started off a seemingly nice guy, but part of his education was a tour of mosques in the UK and he returned a radically different person, trying to manipulate my relative in all sorts of dubious ways

He eventually went off to fight in Syria and was taken out on the instructions of David Cameron by a Hellfire missile, such was the level of threat posed by this individual by the time the UK jihadist production line had finished with him

There are people born in this country being taught to hate this country by people who live amongst a culture they despise and want to eliminate, and they are using their hosts freedoms and resources to enable them to do it- this needs to be stopped lickety-split. Anyone who believes this not to be the case doesn't have the sense God gave a goose

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:47 pm 
Top of the pops

Thought that this was lovely

Muslim families walked with their children through Manchester to Manchester Arena...to show their disgust at what happened there and to show their respects to all killed and injured

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... a-13100687

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 3:22 pm 
Regular

A few "We deplore radical Islam" placards would have been "lovely" too

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:08 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:

I was in Manchester today. The march was peaceful and in respect. You would have been impressed with it.
The fact that it happened on the first day of Ramadan says a lot too.

No need for that comment.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:18 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:

Running scared comes to mind, especially with the mood back in the UK.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:03 am 
Top of the pops

Big Nev wrote:
Ilex wrote:

I was in Manchester today. The march was peaceful and in respect. You would have been impressed with it.
The fact that it happened on the first day of Ramadan says a lot too.

No need for that comment.

:congrats :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:53 am 
Regular

As pointed out in another thread about "tributes" and gestures, if they help people come to terms with grief and help console victims' families that's great, but unless it is accompanied by a change in attitudes and some actual action then ultimately it amounts to no more than a hill of beans .

There IS a an Islamic extremist network in the UK operating in and hiding amongst the Muslim Community- until such time as ordinary Muslims start shunning the nutters nothing will change

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:01 pm 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:
Wishful thinking.

Geoff.

Don't forget the main terrorist training camps in Pakistan.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 1:05 pm 
Rock Star

https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/v ... 179186939/

Thought you might like to see this.
Muslim leaders condemning terrorists who act in name of Islam.

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 4:49 pm 
Idol

This happened in Manchester:

Wearing a blindfold and standing alone on Market Street - he filmed the experience of waiting to see if anyone would take up his offer.

And the surprising - often emotional response - by passers-by left him stunned...but also firmly believing that hate hasn't grabbed hold of the Manchester public's heart.

Link to article and video:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... B-MEN-main

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Thank you Big Nev and FF for your positive posts

It is by all standing together against the vile nutters that we can beat terrorism

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:15 pm 
Regular

That's how to stop a thread in its tracks.
Make a couple of positive postings about Muslims......

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:26 pm 
Regular

Nothing more to be said. The twit looking for the hugs has surely cured the problems :roll:

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:27 am 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:
Nothing more to be said. The twit looking for the hugs has surely cured the problems :roll:

:rain :rain :rain :rain

You'd be an ideal guest at any wedding.
Why do you always look on the dark side?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:53 pm 
Rock Star

Big Nev wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/videos/10154883179186939/

Thought you might like to see this.
Muslim leaders condemning terrorists who act in name of Islam.

It would be easy to say that they're running scared now that the chickens will soon be coming home to roost.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body