Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For Verity
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:46 am 
Idol

Location: Feet in Summer Wine Country, Heart in Brandy Sour Country
Verity,

Are these the type of goodies you would be interested in?

Asda have now got a good range of GF products, they also do Jaffa Cakes and a Cranberry and Orange Loaf.

I have tried the brownies and they are good, moist and chocolatey, if a little sweet. I made my own using a standard recipe, and I find that the ones made with wheat flour are slightly acidic compared to the gluten/wheat free ones. Similar to the difference between cow's milk and soya milk, I gave up cow's milk in favour of soya milk years ago, and now I can't stand the taste of cows milk.

Coeliac disease is high profile here just now, info was being broadcast in Asda yesterday and I picked up leaflets from a display in the hospital foyer today.

I know that people are bringing you goodies, so if you have tried these and prefer a different brand, just let me know and I can get the ones you prefer.

I'll be there four weeks on Wednesday. :lol: :sunny

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

Post subject: Re: For Verity
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:43 am 
Top of the pops

Do you know, I can't get over how caring some of the people on this board are. I have had so many people bring me goodies over when they come from the UK, or when they have travelled back. I called in to Jean's last night as she rang me to tell me she had bought me some apple pies, jaffa cakes and double chocolate cake bars. I shall take the apple pies to the North along with the carton of GF custard that has been brought over for me. They can be my pudding when Phil and our friends are having whatever delights will be on offer. :D

Pam, I have some of the brownies with walnuts. They are nice, but I have to pick out the bits of wood (nuts - yech!). :lol: If they do any without nuts I would prefer that. I would never survive on nuts and berries if I got lost in the woods. I dislike both. :oops:

Having said that, I am grateful for anything that I get as it is a real treat. I can get the staple stuff here - pasta and GF flour - but I do get cheered up with a chocolatey treat.

A big thank you to everyone who has brought me treats. Coeliac's does take some adjusting to and thanks to you I have some comfort food to turn to. Along with the bacardi, of course. :wink:

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Image

http://coecyp.blogspot.com

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body