The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2016 Tax Returns
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am 
Top of the pops

The 2016 tax returns are normally due by the end of April, but there is no form at TaxisNet for on-line completion and I have not received a mailed form. The form was late last year, but this year it hardly leaves any time to complete the form, even if it arrives today or tomorrow. Have I missed an announcement? Has anyone any insights into what is happening, before I contact the Revenue?

Post subject: Re: 2016 Tax Returns
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:59 am 
Top of the pops

KG, altough the form I received in the post was dated as beeing issued on 16/02/2017, I din't receive it until early April. The last date for submission is tomorrow(28/04/2017), as although it states 30/04/2017, that is a Sunday, and the following day is a Bank Holiday anyway. Incidentally, the official Paphos tax office conversion rate for 2016 is 1.23 euros to the £.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:22 pm 
Top of the pops

Have just queued up at Paphos tax office to hand in my income tax return. Waited 20 minutes, and just as I was about to put my form in to be stamped with today's date on it, a man pushed in front of the queue behind me to put his through the half moon window. The woman behind the counter then looks through his. Fortunatley, a couple of Cypriots had a go at him, so I also asked him why he thought his time was more prescious than theirs or mine. He didn't answer. Ignorant so and so, but should have been told to go to the back of the queue, but probably knows the miserable woman behind the counter. :huff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:16 pm 
Master

I take it that all of this is concerning tax returns for employed/self-employed. The form for us pensioners is clearly headed, "Computation of Temporary Tax By Individuals" and is usually issued around June time. As soon as I receive this form I pay the full annual amount by JCC and post back to the tax office the completed Tax Form and the JCC receipt.

Easier than the UK and a damn sight cheaper too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:28 pm 
Top of the pops

clive of payia wrote:
I take it that all of this is concerning tax returns for employed/self-employed. The form for us pensioners is clearly headed, "Computation of Temporary Tax By Individuals" and is usually issued around June time. As soon as I receive this form I pay the full annual amount by JCC and post back to the tax office the completed Tax Form and the JCC receipt.

No Clive, the form is entitled "Declaration of Income Employee". Then in Part 1, Taxpayer's Details it has "computer classification - 9 Pensioner". Thus if you are receiving pensions(State and/or others i.e. Company or Private Pensions), that is the one you should be completing, assuming of course, that you are resident in Cyprus for period or periods exceeding 183 days. I have no knowledge of the tax form you are referring to regarding "temporary tax".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:57 pm 
Top of the pops

clive of payia wrote:

You should also get a tax return (or complete it on line) for completion by the end of April. It is essentially a confirmation that your temporary declaration was correct, and gives you the opportunity to make adjustments. So far this year the on-line submission form is not available. It is always issued at the death. I guess someone has forgotten. :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:38 pm 
Star

I use the on line service , don't we get a lot longer to fill it in ? Perhaps until the end of June .

As KG says , it's not there yet .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:33 pm 
Top of the pops

I believe you get until the end of June by doing it that way Number6.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body