The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Russia bans jehovah`s
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm 
Forum Admin

It looks like the Ruskies got that one right ..

taken from RT
https://www.rt.com/news/385539-jehovah-witnesses-ban-russia/

Russia’s Supreme Court has banned the Jehovah’s Witnesses, declaring it an “extremist organization” and ordering to hand over its property to the state.

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:58 pm 
Rock Star

Not a Jehovas Witness supporter but this is one down for free speech.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:20 pm 
Top of the pops

I have no problem with anyones religion but do not want it peddled on my doorstep or used to harm others
I believe all religions have their extremist beliefs which exclude and preach hatred of others who do not share their beliefs.
There have been very few wars over the centuries that have not had religion behind them and I have never had any leanings towards any of them.
I would ban the lot if it was possible and just have one code of conduct for the world that is acceptable to all people but it is never going to happen so I will carry on dreaming.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:11 pm 
Forum Admin

not 100% sure , but I think they did the same thing with the Mormons a few years back ,
but they allow muslims , most of kazakstan and bashkerstan is muslim faith ..
and they live together very well .

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am 
Everyone should have the right to practice their religion...as long as they dont turn up on my doorstep.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:49 am 
Forum Admin

COYS wrote:
Everyone should have the right to practice their religion...as long as they dont turn up on my doorstep.

I dont think peoples rights to religion is the problem , I believe its the way they force it on others
thats part of it , plus the percentage of your salary that they ask you donate ..
I read that there information leaflets were a bit suspect also ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am 
There are millions and millions of Jehovah's ...yet they say only 144.000 will go to heaven... I dont think many of their members have thought this through.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 pm 
Rock Star

COYS wrote:
There are millions and millions of Jehovah's ...yet they say only 144.000 will go to heaven... I dont think many of their members have thought this through.

The 144,000 will sit on the right hand side of their god. The other millions of JWs will populate the earth and the lion will lie with the lamb and everyone else will be in the fires of you know where. :crylaughin :crylaughin :crylaughin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:03 pm 
Top of the pops

Although I am not a JW ...I do know people who are...they are a harmless, passifisct group, doing no body any harm

They occaisionaly knock on my door here and I just politely tell them that I am not interested and they walk away with a smile

What the Russians have done is wrong
They have stopped the freedom of speech on a non harming religion

As JW,s although not liked like Mormons by many...do not walk around with guns and bombs causing destruction to other people
Their main aim is to talk about serving god, living a peaceful loving bible focused life and about living in a time after Armageddon

they are not causing any harm...leave them alone...wars are usually caused by other religions and never them

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 pm 
Top of the pops

migmogs .... I agree.
I am related to some .... but they know how far to 'push' where I am concerned !
They tend to be pleasant but a little insular.
However, I am thankful that they did not join before one young relative became ill and needed a blood transfusion .... or I would be one relative short now !
I have never broached the subject .... but I often wonder what they think will finally happen to that person. :-(

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:48 pm 
Star

When the Soviet Union collapsed there was a massive influx of different religious groups and sects into the different Soviet States and Russia has been trying to sort it out ever since; some of the sects are very strange.

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:24 pm 
Master

migmogs wrote:
Although I am not a JW ...I do know people who are...they are a harmless, passifisct group, doing no body any harm

Well...

Except they have some very strange views which might well do you some harm.

My cousin became very much involved with JW which was fine and I'm sure harmless.

Except. When my Auntie (her mother) became ill and needed a blood transfusion she refused to authorise it.

And she died.

And I'm not medically qualified to say if the transfusion would have saved her or even extended her life but the medical staff wanted to do it and her JW daughter refused it and she died.

So yeah... not so much pacifist if their ideological beliefs overrule your medical needs...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:55 am 
I would argue they are harmless, . back in the UK, a friends wife was going through a bit of depression and a friend of hers who was a Jehovah, saw this as an opportunity to jump in and over time managed to convert her over, unfortunately later their young son got leukemia, and needed blood transfusions, you cant imagine the heartache and problems this caused the family....the lad, died...the couple divorced, so please spare us they are harmless, I believe they seek out vulnerable people to convert.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:19 pm 
Forum Admin

COYS wrote:
I would argue they are harmless, . back in the UK, a friends wife was going through a bit of depression and a friend of hers who was a Jehovah, saw this as an opportunity to jump in and over time managed to convert her over, unfortunately later their young son got leukemia, and needed blood transfusions, you cant imagine the heartache and problems this caused the family....the lad, died...the couple divorced, so please spare us they are harmless, I believe they seek out vulnerable people to convert.

they are very well known for preying on people when they are at a low
so they are not as mild manered as you would like to think , I also have family members who
joined them , I can tell you it caused massive problems in our family , and what about the donations that they ask from there members every week from there pay ?? ..

the Russians have deemed them an extream group and banned them , it means millions of russians
will not be bothered by them knocking the door on a sunday morning..

get rid of all religon , it causes nothing but trouble .

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm 
Neil wrote:
COYS wrote:

they are very well known for preying on people when they are at a low
so they are not as mild manered as you would like to think , I also have family members who
joined them , I can tell you it caused massive problems in our family , and what about the donations that they ask from there members every week from there pay ?? ..

the Russians have deemed them an extream group and banned them , it means millions of russians
will not be bothered by them knocking the door on a sunday morning..

get rid of all religon , it causes nothing but trouble .

I meant to say.... they are not harmless

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body