Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:11 pm 

Hello

I dont know if this is the right place to post.

We holiday in Pafos every year and are wondering if there is anywhere to camp for a night up in the mountains, we think that the night skies and the peaceful sound would be an experience.
Does anyone know of any companies who rent out cabins/tents in the mountains at all ?

Thanks in advance

:banana :taz

Post subject: Mountain camping
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:15 pm 

Hello

We holiday in Pafos every year and are wondering if there is anywhere to camp for a night up in the mountains, we think that the night skies and the peaceful sound would be an experience.
Does anyone know of any companies who rent out cabins/tents in the mountains at all ?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 am 
Regular

You can rent Yurts in Simou - Google 'Yurts in Cyprus'. May not be just what you're looking for, or the right area, but thought I'd mention them.
I think Ride in Cyprus in Lysos have them too.

Post subject: Re: Mountain camping
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:33 am 
Top of the pops

Try and Google camp sites Troodos, I have seen a site for caravans etc but not tents as such!

Alternatively there are very comfortable (or so I'm reliably informed!) YURTS in Simou just outside Polis if you fancy a more 'glamping' experience, and the views and skies are fabulous!

https://www.facebook.com/YurtsInCyprus/

:sunny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:12 am 
Regular

You cannot camp, as such, on the Troodos mountain.

However, if you travel to the top of the Paphos forest area, to the forest rangers station then you can rent accommodation up there.

Stavros tis Psokas is what you need to google or try TripAdvisor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:18 am 
Rock Star

mrmnmrsg wrote:
Hello

Thanks in advance

Troodos is a lovely place to be in the summer, the climate is ideal.
Val And I spent the summers of 1966/7 at the Troodos Leave Centre (for UK service personnel and their families on summer leave).
Our job as military musicians was to provide the entertainment there, the 'Summer of Love' 1967 (If you're going to San Francisco) always brings back memories of 50years ago, next month we celebrate 51 years of marriage.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:41 am 
Junior

it is ridiculous how camping has been fazed out in this country with 5 sites closed in paphos.must be fear of forest fire.would be lovely to have campsite in troodos

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:36 am 

Troodos Camping.
Situated in the pine forests 2km north of Troodos resort on the Kakopetria road. Open from May until the end of October, weather permitting. €5 per day for 2-3 people, €31 for a week.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:20 pm 
Junior

M.A.D wrote:
Troodos Camping.
Situated in the pine forests 2km north of Troodos resort on the Kakopetria road. Open from May until the end of October, weather permitting. €5 per day for 2-3 people, €31 for a week.

are you sure this site is open?paphos has 5 sites listed,but they are all closed.googling does not mean place open

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 am 

simion1023 wrote:
M.A.D wrote:
Troodos Camping.

are you sure this site is open?paphos has 5 sites listed,but they are all closed.googling does not mean place open

No idea if they are open just now but I would suspect not since it states "Open from May until the end of October" Give them a call fter the end of the month Tel:00357-25420205 or 00357-25470903 :grin:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body