Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:35 pm 
Top of the pops

Can anyone kindly tell me the website where you can download the Cyprus Tax Return Form
for 2016?
Thanks
Geoff.

Last edited by geoffreys on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Tax Forms
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:29 pm 
Major

Geoff I know you and or your key board have trouble typing this link BUT https://www.google.co.uk/ gets you there!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:34 pm 
Junior

Try this
https://taxisnet.mof.gov.cy/displayDownloads.do

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:54 am 
Top of the pops

explodingaardvark wrote:

Thank you. Do you happen to know which form you should complete if you are a Pensioner,
the Employee one or the self-employed one?
As a Pensioner I am neither!
Geoff.

Last edited by geoffreys on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:08 am 
Top of the pops

Coach wrote:
Geoff I know you and or your key board have trouble typing this link BUT https://www.google.co.uk/ gets you there!

I don't know if you realize it but your post comes over as being a tad patronizing.
The whole point of a forum is the exchange of views and information.
It is the time of year when tax forms have to be submitted and there may well be others who
would like to know how to download them.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 am 
Top of the pops

Geoff, does the tax office not post the tax forms out to you each year? I ask the question, because they send them out to me, thus they are sending out the correct forms. Also, it is a couple of months before they have to be returned. The other factor is also I am not sure if the exchange rate has yet been put up in the IR offices for us to calculate the amount received for 2016. When I am next passing I will go in and check.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:33 am 
Idol

Yes WD they post them and it may be a little too early yet...I would be interested to see what the tax rate is in the Paphos Office, it didn't change last year! It was still stating about €1.38 in December!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:47 am 
Top of the pops

Replies to Wavy DAve and Jimmy:
Thanks to both.
I have checked previous years forms and to answer my own question it is the Employee version to use if like me you are a UK State Pensioner.
On another forum it is suggested that they are not sending out forms in the post this year,
I assume to cut costs (?). You have to call in or download.
Also on that other forum the exchange rate £>€ to use for 2016 is 1.2155 (Dherynia Tax Office).
However, yet another post on another forum gave it as 1.2265 at the Paphos office.
I recall this happened last year (2015) also with the two offices having different exchange rates.
As I use the Dherynia office I will be using 1.2155.
I hope this thread may be of use to other UK Expats resident here in Cyprus.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Thanks Jimmy. They had better not put the rate at 1.38 for 2016, because no way was that the average. Let's hope not anyway? :greetings
Geoff. Thanks for the information. I shall make a point now after what you have said of going into the tax office early next week to find out re the posting of forms to us and also the exchange rate. Watch this space!!!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:16 pm 
Top of the pops

Wavy Dave wrote:
Thanks Jimmy. They had better not put the rate at 1.38 for 2016, because no way was that the average. Let's hope not anyway? :greetings
Geoff. Thanks for the information. I shall make a point now after what you have said of going into the tax office early next week to find out re the posting of forms to us and also the exchange rate. Watch this space!!!!! :lol:

I await your further post with interest.
Incidentally the form I downloaded for 2016 says the tax has to be paid by 30th June, 2017
so we have plenty of time.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:04 pm 
Junior

I asked for the exchange rate yesterday when I popped in the office and was told they wouldn't be posting it up at all, but to go to the bank and get the average exchange rate for the year which was 1.22 from BOC across the road. You can verify the average online, but the bank gave me a printout.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:32 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:

Incidentally the form I downloaded for 2016 says the tax has to be paid by 30th June, 2017
Geoff.

Hi Geoff, This is a copy from my tax accountant for 2014:-

Dear Malcolm,

It is time to complete the Cyprus Full Return for 2013. Most of your Tax returns come directly to me, but for those of you that have received yours to your home address, please don’t be alarmed by the due date of 30th April 2013.

All our returns are filed on-line, which gives us an immediate receipt and most importantly, a filing extension until the end of July 2014.

I have made you an apt on Tuesday the 3rd of June at 3.00 pm.
I would be grateful if you could confirm that this appt is convenient or request a reschedule.

Please ensure that we have copies of all P60’s for 2013 and State Pension Letters issued in 2013, prior to your appt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:

Geoff.

That's interesting Geoff. I use the same tax return form as you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:49 pm 
Junior

can anyone confirm whether tax forms will be sent out as usual this year ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:27 am 
Top of the pops

Bobc wrote:

We are waiting for Wavy Dave to visit the tax office and to then report back to the forum on that point.
My latest understanding is that if last year you had no tax liability (below the €19.5K threshold)
they won't be posting a form out for this year.
Otherwise, and if you only registered for tax last year, they will.
However as per my previous post on this the info comes from the Greek press and often things get lost in the translation!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am 
Top of the pops

Had the meeting with our accountant. Tax forms all done No worries. She gets a load of forms from the tax office.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:39 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Bobc wrote:

We are waiting for Wavy Dave to visit the tax office and to then report back to the forum on that point.
My latest understanding is that if last year you had no tax liability (below the €19.5K threshold)
However as per my previous post on this the info comes from the Greek press and often things get lost in the translation!
Geoff.

Went to the IR office in Paphos this morning, and the lady confirmed tax forms will be sent out as per usual, which is normally in mid February. I asked for the exchange rate for 2016 re Euro v £Sterling, and was told not available yet, but if you want to do your tax return early then to ask your bank. Personally, I prefer to wait until the tax forms arrive in the post and then I will check the exchange rate back on here once I have the information. Incidentally, thank you Geoff :greetings for clarifying my previous posting re my going to the IR offices.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Wavy Dave wrote:
geoffreys wrote:
Bobc wrote:

Geoff.

Went to the IR office in Paphos this morning, and the lady confirmed tax forms will be sent out as per usual, which is normally in mid February. I asked for the exchange rate for 2016 re Euro v £Sterling, and was told not available yet, but if you want to do your tax return early then to ask your bank. Personally, I prefer to wait until the tax forms arrive in the post and then I will check the exchange rate back on here once I have the information. Incidentally, thank you Geoff :greetings for clarifying my previous posting re my going to the IR offices.

Thanks for the latest info Dave.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Received my income tax forms in the post this morning. A bit later than in previous years, although the form does say it was "issued in Feb 2017"!!! Therefore went into the Paphos Inland Revenue offices to find out the exchange rate for 2016 they are officially working on, and it is 1.23euros to the £. Hope this information is of some use to members. :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:00 pm 
Top of the pops

Jimmy wrote:
Yes WD they post them and it may be a little too early yet...I would be interested to see what the tax rate is in the Paphos Office, it didn't change last year! It was still stating about €1.38 in December!

Hope you haven't completed your tax form Jimmy at 1.38, as it is 1.23 for 2016. :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Still no form at TaxisNet, but it was the last week of April last year before the on-line submission became available.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:45 pm 
Major

Mine and the OH arrived this week, I would say they are on their way.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body