The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:40 am 
Regular

Of course the WASPI ladies are sincere wavy dave but they are banging their heads against a very solid brick wall and as far as I am aware spending a lot of their very hard earned money on paying solicitors to do what? To my mind the solicitors are as bad as the MPs who pledge their support - in fact worse because they are making a lot of money from this dreadful situation. I stand by my assertion that they are giving false hope.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:08 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:
Costa coffee are indeed a British company and much of their recent success has been based on the fact they do pay their taxes in the UK (people really ought to get their facts right)

It would seem so and I agree I should have said Starbucks who like far too many others cost the hard working people of the UK Billions each year in Tax avoidance.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:15 pm 
Idol

As a reminder.....

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:18 pm 
Regular

The most unfortunate aspect of the current UK state pension problems (WASPI or otherwise) is that there is no accumulated fund to pay for the current expenditure- for years the entire working population never paid the full cost of their old age care and pension and that burden has been passed to our kids and grand kids who will be paying for it (and they can't even get the deposit together for a mortgage )

We could of course borrow the money to redress that balance, but previous generations have borrowed so much for their own personal benefit that we as a country are maxed out there too :shock:

Sometimes in life you just have to bite the bullet (because there is no magic solution to accumulated problems) and vote with your heart and your head (not your just wallet or purse) because voting with one's bank balance in mind at the time of voting for a government to represent you is what caused most of the UK's current problems in the first place :-(

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm 
Idol

Or there's this:

Announced tonight The Labour Party are committed to the Robin Hood Tax.
The other name for it is a financial transactions tax, where a small levy is placed on certain financial transactions or trades.
Labour will go further and extend the levy to bonds and more complex financial instruments called derivatives, which would raise £26bn over the course of the next Parliament.
The bankers caused the mess and then were paid bonuses afterwards, Labour will redress the balance.

https://www.facebook.com/UnityMarchUK/v ... 890947903/

And no, it isn't all about the bank balance..... I'm actually liking Labour's thought process, thank you very much!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:10 pm 
Regular

Don't you think Labour's policy of tax, borrow and spend has anything to do with the UK's current plight ? Do you really think that will change under Corbyn ?

Don't get me wrong, the Tories haven't exactly covered themselves in glory either, but even ardent Labour voters don't believe Corbyn has a clue (although I'd take him over Blair 8 days a week) and they believe has been put in a position of power by people even normal "working class" people consider to be left wing loonies?

I suspect you are voting Labour(or Lib Dem) in the hope of a derailed Brexit?- good luck with that.

It is the grass roots Labour voters disillusioned by the EU , Blair and Corbyn that will give May the thumping majority she is seemingly bound to achieve, and she is only going to get that because she is willing to respect a democratic vote and doesn't sound like a 16 year old politics student when it comes to addressing real world problems and real people's issues

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:39 pm 
Star

I found this today , what a rooster up . Two different forcast issued on the same date .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Number6 on Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 pm 
Idol

So good, they're paying it twice?

Result! :clapping

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:25 pm 
Rock Star

Ilex wrote:
It is the grass roots Labour voters disillusioned by the EU , Blair and Corbyn that will give May the thumping majority she is seemingly bound to achieve, and she is only going to get that because she is willing to respect a democratic vote and doesn't sound like a 16 year old politics student when it comes to addressing real world problems and real people's issues

Silly me I honestly thought that Corbyn, Abbott and Bliar were campaigning for the Torys.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:44 pm 
Regular

I could be wrong and there is little inf provided to help but it looks to me that this may be two forecasts based on when the person retires and the 2nd one is based on if they decide to work for a further two years after their pension age which of course anyone can do to defer their pension.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:50 pm 

Agree with Poppytim
Looks like one is for your first available pension date of 8 August 2017
The second is if you continue till 6 May 2019 before you take it

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:50 pm 
Star

Sorry I should have added this lady was born Jan 1954 . So the retirement date in 2017 was the old date . When they made the changes in 2011 that gave her the new date in 2019 .

But in May this year the DWP should not still be sending out of date information , it shows how incompetent they are .

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm 
Regular

Coincidentally, an affected woman just posted this on a FB page,
"Just checked my pension age yet again on the government site. I swear to God it changes every time. It's now saying 65 and six months! I was born April 54 and at first the forecast was 63 and 6 months!! Beginning to think I'll never get my pension if it carries on like this"

I carried out an excercise with the DWP a couple of years ago regarding my pension forecast and what manner of notification I had (or rather hadn't) received and I got different answers each time I asked. Shambles and we are suffering as a result of this unfair legislation, particularly the acceleration with insufficient notice to possibly re-plan our retirements.
I, and many others like me, losing over £40,000 for which I have worked and paid full NI for over 42 years for, will not stop protesting against this gross injustice!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:53 pm 
Master

Much has been said about how young people could be the demographic to change the outcome on 8 June. But there is another demographic who could also upset the apple cart and who for that reason, parties ignore at their peril: women approaching state pension age.

We asked members of local Waspi groups across the UK how they plan to vote in the election. Their responses suggest the Conservatives’ treatment of women approaching state pension age could cost the party.

Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/opinion/tories-trea ... -election/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:43 pm 
Rock Star

zorbathejock wrote:
Maybe they could crack down on the businesses who are avoiding paying their full share of taxes instead of borrowing record sums like the tories. The tories have borrowed more since 2010 than every labour govt. combined.

Another good sensible post.
No party has said anything about sorting the uneven playing field that is the inland revenue system.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 pm 
Idol

Quick WASPI update:

Firstly, a recap of the position political parties have taken with regard to the WASPI campaign.

Labour: Have pledged to etend pensions credit which will help the most needy pensioners, keep the triple lock, protect winter fuel allowance and free bus passes and get a fair deal for women born in the 1950s.

The SNP, Green Party and Women's Equality Party fully support WASPI and have pledged to implement fair transitional arrangements fow WASPI women.

The LibDems: although there is nothing specified for WASPI women in the Liberal Democrats manifesto, we are supported by the party, with several candidates signing the WASPI pledge.

To date, more than 450 candidates from all parties have signed the WASPI Pledge, committing to work in parliament to find a solution for WASPI women.

On Monday, all members of the WASPI Board attended a meeting with Jeremy Corbyn. We asked him to consider extending his promise to WASPI women, by agreeing to work directly with us to identify and implement fair transitional arrangements for WASPI women.

Yesterday, The Labour Party issued the following statement:
"In addition to our existing commitment to extend pension credits to those who are worst affected, the Labour Party will continue to work directly with WASPI to identify and then deliver the transitional arrangements that WASPI women need. WASPI women deserve compensation, we will fight this together"

It is thanks to the support from all our WASPI members, local group coordinators and supporters that we have managed to get this far. Together, we will continue to work towards achieving our aim of fair transitional arrangements for all WASPI women.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:00 pm 
Regular

Blimey does Corbyn ever say no to anyone?
He is going to do all this,all these promises to WASPI ladies,NHS,school,free universities etc etc just by taxing the top 5% of earners. I tell you one thing if Labour by any chamce do get in there,are going to be a hell of a lot of u turns and broken promises.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:03 pm 
Top of the pops

My thoughts completely poppytim

But he has been canny has Corbyn...he wants WASPI lady votes...same as he wants student votes...and young parents votes...and elderly peoples votes...nurses votes....commuter votes...and poor workers votes!

Anyone can spout FREE FREE FREE...GIVE GIVE GIVE but then they have to look at the money they really do have and then deliver!

Interesting times!

Last edited by migmogs on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:19 pm 
Idol

Poppytim wrote:
Blimey does Corbyn ever say no to anyone?
He is going to do all this,all these promises to WASPI ladies,NHS,school,free universities etc etc just by taxing the top 5% of earners. I tell you one thing if Labour by any chamce do get in there,are going to be a hell of a lot of u turns and broken promises.

The 5% can easily afford a Labour Government, can the 95% afford a Tory one?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:22 pm 
Top of the pops

Do they OWN the BBC?

Because that is down right anti Conservatives and Brexit....and are all Labour!

I have never heard so much propaganda in all of my life!

Last edited by migmogs on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:55 pm 
Regular

Oh good post Migmogs!! As far as I can see none of them have any influence at all on who votes for whichever party. To be honest I have only ever heard of one of them .Whether or not they pay taxes here I don't know but I bet a pound to a dollar that there are just as many labour supporters in the same position and even more will be fleeing the country if labour get in!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm 
Rock Star

I've put the question to all canvasing MPS regarding what are they going to do to plug the tax avoidance loophole. all have evaded the question.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:12 pm 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:
Do they OWN the BBC?

Because that is down right anti Conservatives and Brexit....and are all Labour!

I have never heard so much propaganda in all of my life!

Yes but 99% of the time they refer to Muslim terrorists as militants.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:02 pm 
Rock Star

So all the WASPI ladies voted for Corbyn and where did it get them? Precisely nowhere! There was never a chance of him winning the Election and he knew it so he promised the World and all those who believed in him and his silly claims are just left by the wayside.

Does he care? Does he heck as like!!

Him and his cronies are now going to do everything in their power to disrupt the BREXIT negotiations and bring the country to it's knees.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:16 pm 
Star

This from Saga , will DUP be good for Waspi ?

It also will “Support an end to the unfair treatment of women pensioners.” The Conservatives were completely silent on the problems of the million or so women born in the 1950s whose state pension age was raised twice without adequate – or in some cases any – notice. The DUP pledge could be used to bargain for some help to be given to them – a policy that every other party in Parliament supports. But if this Parliament lasts just a short time that change is unlikely.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:54 pm 
Regular

Well actually the Tories were not quiet on the WASPI ladies. They categorically stated that it was a done deal and there would be no u turn or assistance. I personally believe that some ladies have been badly treated by this and think the Government and DWP made a hash of it but sometimes Governments have to be strong enough to make difficult decisions. The policy was of course right to equalise pension age and I believe most of the WASPI ladies accept that and it was just how it was rolled out that was unfair

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:14 am 
Top of the pops

I walked away from the WASPI campaign, even though I AM a WASPI woman..why? Because WASPI went on to represent Labour and the SNP ....WASPI did amazing campaigns before this political campaign and from that i have to applaud them fully...they where and are amazing ladies ...they at this time where not political...and then things changed...the WASPI women truly bought into Corbyn and his FREE giving manifesto...as a WaSPI women I felt marginalized and left out fully ...because I did not for one moment believe in Corbyns FREE dream...I truly before this...thought that WASPI represented ALL women ..but WASPI went onto being a Full on Labour / SNP vote of women...... i personally was appalled with this stand of Labour only vote as I thought that ALL women where not now being recognized...and after questioning the full on Labour stand,on line ...I was left being questioned and being asked to leave their groups as an antagonist...l.and so I have now left all of the WASPI Labour/ SNP groups..as i absolutely disagree with there politics
How sad though because we as women then became women divided
As I am now on my own with the few minority..
Still battling for our women's rights and for our pensions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 am 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
I walked away from the WASPI campaign, even though I AM a WASPI woman..why? Because WASPI went on to represent Labour and the SNP ....WASPI did amazing campaigns before this political campaign and from that i have to applaud them fully...they where and are amazing ladies ...they at this time where not political...and then things changed...the WASPI women truly bought into Corbyn and his FREE giving manifesto...as a WaSPI women I felt marginalized and left out fully ...because I did not for one moment believe in Corbyns FREE dream...I truly before this...thought that WASPI represented ALL women ..but WASPI went onto being a Full on Labour / SNP vote of women...... i personally was appalled with this stand of Labour only vote as I thought that ALL women where not now being recognized...and after questioning the full on Labour stand,on line ...I was left being questioned and being asked to leave their groups as an antagonist...l.and so I have now left all of the WASPI Labour/ SNP groups..as i absolutely disagree with there politics
How sad though because we as women then became women divided
As I am now on my own with the few minority..
Still battling for our women's rights and for our pensions

Fair comment, but I suggest you might be feeling differently about "politics" if the Conservatives had done yet another "U" turn and promised to look at some form of transitionary payments.
My wife is a WASPI woman, born 1956, and that is how she feels.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:51 am 
Regular

I'm sorry to hear that MigMogs I really am in fact I am appalled! To be asked to leave the group because you disagreed wirh the way it was going is totally wrong in my opinion.
You were the one not to be taken in by the absurb promises and it is a pity they did not listen to you!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:55 am 
Rock Star

This subject is very emotive, my wife was born in 1957 and told she has to work till she is 66, I was born in in January 1955, normally the tax year starts in April not January I was told as from January 1st I have to work till I am 66 so we both cop out.
At what point do they say to women you have to work longer how much notice should they get.
Responses from the government, they say you can work longer and earn more money and at the age of 60 you no longer have to pay NI contributions, you may however still contribute to further enhance your pension.
The fact that some women chose to move abroad or give up work is no concern of the government, they say that it was your decision we have given you the chance to still have an income, also where is the money coming from to pay for pensions.
I can see both sides of the argument, both me and the wife fall into that bracket, NO government be it Tory, Labour will reverse the decision and there will be compensation, where will that money come from.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
This subject is very emotive, my wife was born in 1957 and told she has to work till she is 66, I was born in in January 1955, normally the tax year starts in April not January I was told as from January 1st I have to work till I am 66 so we both cop out.
At what point do they say to women you have to work longer how much notice should they get.
Responses from the government, they say you can work longer and earn more money and at the age of 60 you no longer have to pay NI contributions, you may however still contribute to further enhance your pension.
The fact that some women chose to move abroad or give up work is no concern of the government, they say that it was your decision we have given you the chance to still have an income, also where is the money coming from to pay for pensions.
I can see both sides of the argument, both me and the wife fall into that bracket, NO government be it Tory, Labour will reverse the decision and there will be compensation, where will that money come from.

If we get a Labour Govt (2nd election possible this year????) Mr Corbyn will have loads of money to pay the WASPI women, along with everything else he has promised.
The magic Corbyn money tree (increase Corporation tax and income tax for the high earners).
:crylaughin
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:35 pm 
Regular

I have read the recent posts on this topic with interest but also with a very heavy heart.
I am still living in UK running a WASPI style group of over 160 women, and men, who spend an
awful lot of our precious time and energy trying to gain attention for this state pension injustice. At the same time, we are trying to inform and help women who didn't realise this was going to happen to them, hence they are really struggling....and I do mean having to sell their homes or give up their rented properties and move in with their children (or friends) as they can't afford to live otherwise.
I'm sure I don't have to point out that life in the UK differs to that of an ex-pat living in Cyprus, although I am fully aware that this situation adversely affects all in some way, regardless of individual circumstances.
We women expected all our long, working lives to receive our SP at 60 and many made plans around this, as our parents had done before us. To move this, twice, with inadequate notice and notification, is what's caused us to be in this unfortunate situation. I have now had my SPA raised to 66 despite already having an full NI contributions record of 42 years. I am 62 now so I have another 4 years to manage without the pension we made our retirement plans around, as millions of others before us have been able to do.
What has made me respond in this thread, although I am heartily sick, tired and weary of campaigning in my 60's for something my mother took for granted, is the need, particularly regarding MigMogs post, to set the record straight.
There are always two sides. Whilst being hugely appreciative of Mig Mogs previous support on this site when the knives were out for us 'stupid' 1950's born women who were just expected to suck it up, she does not fully appreciate the reality of being an active WASPI woman in the U.K.
When Mig Mogs referred to being asked to leave a WASPI group that is not what actually happened in this instance. The posts I understand she is referring to were made on my own personal FB page and I eventually pm'd her to ask her very politely to refrain from attacking me and my fellow campaigners on my own page, not that of a WASPI group. It served no purpose other than to upset women who are presently here, in the UK, actually demonstrating and campaigning all over the country, for what she agrees is a dreadful injustice.
Not the theory, not being keyboard warriors, but real getting out there standing in the cold and rain, in our 60's - with many health issues - trying to get attention and support for what we are trying to achieve.
I think I know why Mig Mogs did it; it was prompted by photos of myself and other local women with our Labour candidate and Eddie Izzard when he very briefly dropped by our very small town in the North West of England. That is the post that MigMogs took exception to. Also maybe the ones the week before when we organised and held a WASPI local day of action, and Peter Stefanovic came to town, so he spoke for us and I had many pics with him too! We also asked Andrew Gwynne to come to speak and he also obliged. It was brilliant and we got many new members that day, but it was very, very hard work and I would have rather have spent the day doing other things!
I wrote to every councillor in my labour dominated constituency 2 years ago asking them to help and support us local WASPI women. I got just 3 replies, one was an out of office, one was a 'thanks but no thanks I'm busy' and one was from a young female Cllr who offered to help in any way she could. This she did and has continued to do, long long before any election loomed.
She took the WASPI motion to our local council (Wigan) last November and it was unanimously supported. She got us the use of a town centre shop/office where we hold weekly drop in sessions to provide information and support to any women, or men, affected by this injustice. We were able to get our posters up in all council/public buildings in the borough as well as being in council information pamphlets etc. In short, her help and influence opened doors which had been previously closed to us.
We have stood in the high streets of all parts of the borough, offering information and support. Believe it or not, some women still do not know they won't get their pension when they thought they would - FACT! Say what you will about ignorance and lack of awareness but that is the real situation.
We have travelled to London, several times, for debates and demos...we have rocked up at Party Conferences, we will go anywhere we think we will get noticed as we have been silent and invisible for too long. All this takes precious time, energy and finances to do.
So, we get support from our 3 local MP's, all labour...we get NONE from any other parties...so what are we to do Mig Mogs? Crawl back under the stone, pensionless?
My previous MP was Andy Burnham, quite a high profile politician who has supported me, and women like me, since I first went to see him almost 3 years ago. He gave advice, he attended everything we asked him to, he met us at the HoC, and when he recently resigned and became Mayor of Greater Manchester, he urged us to continue to work with his replacement, Jo Platt...the very Councillor who had been helping us for the past 2 years.
So, Mig Mogs, when you reacted so badly to my personal pics a week or so ago, I was doing what I thought best...getting publicity, getting this campaign noticed. Me, and women like me, exercising our right to do as we feel we must. Not dictated to by anyone! Not on any WASPI orders, so you are wrong to assume the Campaign has sold its soul...
You may not be aware that there was a WASPI split well over a year ago, so there are actually several campaigns on the go, certainly not just one, but they tend to get all bundled under the WASPI name...although they certainly differ as to their asks etc.
You can't tell women in their sixties what to do...unpaid as we all are. We all do as we see fit and some do absolutely nothing, it's their choice and their life. However I do take exception to you misrepresenting the actual situation on this site to others who may be blessedly unaware of all this WASPI malarkey!
I would have my photo taken with almost anyone to get noticed, but nobody from other parties came to my town. The Conservative candidate didn't respond to any invitations to stand with us at any time, other than on a pic from when he did not oppose the motion at full council last November, which I asked him to pose for. However not during this recent campaign, that's the reality of it.
Making sweeping statements on here, or anywhere, without presenting the full facts isn't helping anyone. What groups were you asked to leave?
WASPI is NOT affiliated to any political party but they have used the recent election to try to extract promises and pledges from all politicians and political parties, that's all. It's called fighting, campaigning, whatever but it's defintely getting out of one's comfy chair and shouting for what you feel has been an awful injustice inflicted on a decade of women for no other real reason than to snatch a massive amount of money back into Government coffers, to distribute elsewhere.
I know women in my group looking for jobs at 62+ despite health issues. If you do continue to work, my understanding is that you now continue to pay NI until your new SPA.
Phew! Apologies for the very long post. I resisted replying, but I am offended after doing everything I have done for this cause, and I can't stand by and say nowt.
If you're still reading, please, please reassure me that no sensible person actually believes that all 'WASPI' women - all 3.5 million of us - support/voted Labour or SNP????
We women have worked since we were 15/16, we've raised families, we've studied and achieved.....Give us some credit!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:36 pm 
Top of the pops

pat
sorry you felt this way

and my questions were NOT posted on your personal page they where posted on the Leigh Waspi Page...a page that I have supported, forwarded, shared and applauded many times over the months for the excellent work that you have all done. I supported Leigh WASPI group because I myself was born and grew up a few miles away and because I admired your work

I applauded and shared and commented many times about the fabulous opening of the new walk in centre and the way you took WASPI to a different level by chaining yourselves to make believe fences...and wore the WASPI suffragette colours...to get your points across...again I as always responded positively and shared away your great achievements and hard work

But

what I questioned and asked about was why over the election campaign where there a lot of photographs at every event with Labour MP,s and the wearing and holding of Labour support campaign boards and badges whilst dressed as WASPI women in WASPI colours and wearing WASPI banners...

I questioned in a very polite way because I felt that there where women out there who where NOT Labour voters and maybe this would put them off. My questions where not horrible vindictive questions at all...I am NOT a vindictive type of person

So I am sorry if I upset the Leigh WASPI women..by asking my questions..a group who as a WASPI woman I was absolutely supporting

I have always admired your hard work and continue to do so

but I no longer will join a WASPI group again... as yours was not the only group that became political

You are saying that WASPI are not political? but their boards and pictures tell a completely different story and although NOT all WASPI women are SNP, Labour, yet the vast majority of posters during the election Campaign where and are!

Best of luck with your campaign ... I really do admire how hard you work...and I wish you and every other WASPI lady every success...

Last edited by migmogs on Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:08 pm 
Rock Star

At the end of the day money talks...and labour made a promise...a promise I doubt they would have kept, certainly not to the degree WASPI expected in return for their vote...like students a promise of "Free Money" was, for some, probably to good to resist.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:22 pm 
Regular

Migmogs, you are completely mistaken on 2 main points:-

1. Your comments were NOT made on the LPG WASPI group page. You are not, and never were, a member of the group and therefore have no access to the closed FB page.
Your comments were made on my private FB page and are still there. There were over 70 comments in response to the pics with Jo Platt and Eddie Izzard which is the one you took particular exception to.

2. At no time, ever, have I, or any members of this WASPI group posed holding Vote Labour (or anything else) boards, nor wearing labour rosettes or badges whilst wearing a WASPI sash.

You really need to check your facts before having a go Migmogs. I would be grateful if you would please apologise and retract your damaging statements about being asked to leave groups etc because those things never happened.

We 1950's women have a hard enough battle without having to correct such inaccurate information from people who purport to support us.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:25 pm 
Top of the pops

Pat
I am not replying to you any more
have a nice day

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:42 pm 
Regular

Well, I shall take that as an admission that you posted false information and haven't the decency to admit it, which hugely disappoints me as I really thought you were much better than that.
I shan't continue this either, I have far too much else to do.
We, as a group, are helping at local food banks and also supporting young carers locally.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:20 pm 
Regular

Pat I applaud the hard work that you do albeit I don't agree with all of it but why you think a lady born in the 50's who is an expat differs in any way from those living in the UK I don't know. I would have thought,if anything then ladies living in the UK have at least some social benefits available to them that are not available in Cyprus. Please do not assume that ex pats are in any way better off and in fact many are struggling as they cannot sell their properties and return to the UK.I am one of the lucky ones in that I was born in 49 and have been able to retirn to the UK. You also say that some ladies are still unaware of their SPA but surely you cannot blame the Government for this - where on earth have those ladies been hiding?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:41 pm 
Rock Star

I would be very interested to know where WASPI would draw the line, which had to be drawn somewhere....my wife was born in 61, she will get her state pension when she is 67... Does she count?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Hudswell wrote:
I would be very interested to know where WASPI would draw the line, which had to be drawn somewhere....my wife was born in 61, she will get her state pension when she is 67... Does she count?

And those born at the beginning of the 1950s, who were also affected, although not quite so much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:30 pm 
Idol

Hudswell wrote:

When was she informed by letter that her pension age had changed?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:06 pm 
Rock Star

She wasn't....hasn't had a letter...but we knew about the changes when they were announced in 2011, and we have used the Resources available to us, the Internet to understand the implications of the changes...my question is, where would WASPI draw the line? I do symphasise with those most effected...but a line had to be drawn...pensions, by law had to be equalised between males and females..it seems equality isn't all that is is cracked up to be...

http://researchbriefings.files.parliame ... P-7405.pdf

A hell of a read...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Not getting involved with Migmogs and you re her situation, I would simply comment that regardless of any perceived allegiance or support, posing with Labour MPs/activists implies support and allegiance. No protestations after the event ever remove these perceptions.

Crying wolf after the event simply doesn't hack it. The deed is done, the pics taken. End of. Allegiance confirmed, regardless.

Why else would the Labour MP pose??? For the good of his health??? Publicity, furthering his cause, increasing his vote, garnering yet more votes.......... reality check needed methinks WASPI.

Last edited by George on Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:07 pm 
Rock Star

Hudswell is absolutely right in the reply, if you read my post before MPM put a long story on line, I said something similar.
I will also say that slinging mud at each other will not do your causes any good, really this should have been done privately, we as forum members cannot verify either sides complaint of each other, some of us do not do Facebook which in my opinion can cause issues like this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:15 am 
Major

Hudswell wrote:
She wasn't....hasn't had a letter...but we knew about the changes when they were announced in 2011, and we have used the Resources available to us, the Internet to understand the implications of the changes...my question is, where would WASPI draw the line? I do symphasise with those most effected...but a line had to be drawn...pensions, by law had to be equalised between males and females..it seems equality isn't all that is is cracked up to be...

http://researchbriefings.files.parliame ... P-7405.pdf

A hell of a read...

Agree that something had to be done, but surely some sort of sliding scale could be used for those most directly affected.
The actual cost of doing that would be minimal really.
My wife was born in 1960 and will now have to wait an extra six years and a month to receive her pension. Pretty sure she
never received any notification either....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:49 am 
Top of the pops

The government in 2011 decided on useing a faster sliding scale of changes for the women born in the year 1953

The year that I was born

So we have women who where born In January of 1953 having been retired now for over a year whilst those born in December 1953 will have to wait until 2019 to be retired

The sliding scale roll out was a complete farce and unfair to all women born in that year

Previous to 2011 the 1995 sliding scale was done much slower over many years

Hence why women born in the 1950,s faced 2 rises to their pension ages instead of 1 age rise

There is a form on here that shows the age rises for women born in 1953 and how the age rises where rolled out

Last edited by migmogs on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:12 am 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
The government in 2011 decided on useing a faster sliding scale of changes for the women born in the year 1953

The year that I was born

So we have women who where born In January of 1953 having been retired now for over a year whilst those born in December 1953 will have to wait until 2019 to be retired

The sliding scale roll out was a complete farce and unfair to all women born in that year

Previous to 2011 the 1995 sliding scale was done much slower over many years

Hence why women born in the 1950,s faced 2 rises to their pension ages instead of 1 age rise

There is a form on here that shows the age rises for women born in 1953 and how the age rises where rolled out

Thanks for the above info.
In an earlier post (pre-General Election) we were told WASPI had confirmed support from some 450 candidates.
Do we have any info on the outcome:
How many of the 450 got elected as MPs?
Of those what was the split by Party?
Thanks,
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:16 am 
Idol

I was born in 1958.
We moved to Cyprus in March 2004 and notified the relevant authorities.
I never had a letter or any communication about the second change which was rushed through and brought forward in 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:47 pm 
Top of the pops

Fylde Filly wrote:
I was born in 1958.
We moved to Cyprus in March 2004 and notified the relevant authorities.
I never had a letter or any communication about the second change which was rushed through and brought forward in 2011.

My wife was born in 1956 and we moved here in June 2003.
She also notified the UK authorities of her change of address, UK> Cyprus; this was acknowledged.
However she never received any notification of further delay to her pension.
In 1995 she was told her pension would be delayed by 18 months - until late 2017.
She now has to wait until 2022.
Mrs May, in recent PMQs. keeps on saying nobody has to wait more than 18 months.
Mrs May herself is the same age as my wife - did they not notify her either of the second 4.5 years delay to her state pension??
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:50 am 
Star

Sad to see one of the groups has decided to give up . But I am sure many more will continue the fight .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body