All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:21 pm 
Top of the pops

Personally ....yes I would accept £15,000
Today please if I could
As would be better offer than nothing at all

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:12 pm 

Good lady says 'darned tooting' she would accept it :lol:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:49 pm 
Master

Just read on a WASPI FB group that there will be a meeting in Paphos

CYPRUS WASPIS FIRST MEETING:

Meeting place suggestion is the previous named Carrefour cafe on 1st floor, main Polis Road out of Paphos. Ask for directions if you need them. See you all there on Friday 2nd! At 2pm.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Francewaspi/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm 
Star

I saw this photo on Twitter . Ladies in Paphos , Feb 4th .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Well my time has run out...I retire officially on March 6th, there will be no back pay for women like me who had the least amount of time to prepare, I have been robbed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:15 pm 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:
Well my time has run out...I retire officially on March 6th, there will be no back pay for women like me who had the least amount of time to prepare, I have been robbed

Out of interest I was watching Prime Minister's Questions last Wednesday to find out the latest on the UK leaving the EU.
This topic came up and the PM said NOBODY born in the 1950s had had their State Pension
delayed by more than 18 months. This to align the UK retirement age for men and women.
So what is the problem, or was she lying?
Amos.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:30 pm 
Star

No TM was not lying , but you have to know the full story .

In 2011 they capped the maximum increase any woman would see in her state pension age at 18 months, relative to the Pensions Act 1995 timetable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm 
Rock Star

Number6 wrote:
No TM was not lying , but you have to know the full story .

In 2011 they capped the maximum increase any woman would see in her state pension age at 18 months, relative to the Pensions Act 1995 timetable.

Thank you.
Amos.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 pm 
Top of the pops

BUT
We had not been informed of the first rise or second rise by letter
So most of us had no idea that there had been two age rises in our pensions
And the way that they did this second age rise was outrageous and totally wrong
We where not given time to sort out our finances to take on the extra years
It is all documented they can argue as much as they want...but even they have admitted that it was absolutely rolled out badly and wrongly affected women..so many women have suffered financially because of the way things where done
I officially retire next month and I am still waiting for the letter to tell me that my pension age had changed by 4.5 years!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:26 am 
Regular

What is happening to WASPI? It appears that at least 4 directors have resigned and many WASPI members are indignant that they are not being informed of what is going on,most especially with the Law firm they employed.
Well there is one good thing in that those ladies who receive a full pension will receive substantially more than me who was born in 49.Most of the WASPI literature omits this information.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:44 am 
Rock Star

PM said NOBODY born in the 1950s had had their State Pension
delayed by more than 18 months. !!!!!!
So why has my wife to wait another 4 years for her's !!!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am 
Regular

Paul, Number 6 has explained the 18 months.I repeat that in 2011 the Government stated that no one would have to wait more than 18 months more than the delay to pension age that was announced in 1995. Hope that explains it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:24 am 
Star

Trouble in the Waspi camp .

By Wendy Eachus
1 hr · Stretford, United Kingdom
I have kept silent for 2 years and maintained my dignity but I can no longer do so after reading this yesterday. It is from Debbie De Spon and WASPI dont want people to know these true facts
Earlier in the month five out of six members of the WASPI board resigned. These were Susan Beevers the legal director, Jane Cowley campaign director, Angela Madden finance director, Carol Archibald membership/members committee director, and Jane Carolan, the UNISON representative on the Board. Their resignations were because of the behaviour of another director, Anne Keen. This behaviour had been going on for some time and despite several attempts to resolve the multiple issues over an extended period they were unsuccessful. As a result, UNISON has withdrawn its support until it can be satisfied that proper governance has been restored. (Existing arrangements with UNISON at local level may continue).
Debbie resigned her role as Facebook page manager, The Campaign Bookkeeper, Membership Committee Chairperson and Twitter Manager also resigned being unprepared to continue for the same reason. At this point serious concerns were raised by many coordinators about the remaining governance of the Board.
Anne Keen has handpicked people to be put onto the Board and concerns have been raised about the process by which they were voted into position, and their suitability for the posts, as nothing was known about any recruitment or selection process until it was announced.
Local group co-ordinators who questioned things and asked for full transparency have been blocked from the co-ordinators page (including ours) meaning they cannot access the necessary files, or keep their groups informed of up to date information. They have experienced abuse and false accusations and are not able to respond to these. Coordinators remaining in the group and questioning the process are having their posts/threads removed and receiving warnings to conform.
The resigned Board have been instructed by the new team to hand over confidential personal data, funds and membership details and legal information to people who do not have the legal authority to manage such details and about whom there have been complaints. Understandably they are reticent to do this.
Questions have been raised about incorrect expense claims by one Board member and financial impropriety by a previously resigned Board member. Any further investigation into the latter was blocked by Anne Keen.
WASPI PAIN Norfolk Group want the campaign to proceed and for us to be able to promote its integrity and legality. WASPI PAIN group admins, along with many others, have submitted a complaint asking for Anne Keen to resign and if she doesn’t to call for a special resolution for a vote of no confidence in her. We will also ask that the previous board take over to get the campaign back on track. After this a proper democratic process would allow for a new board to be voted for and proper practices followed and verified.
The more complaints submitted the better the chance of an investigation, so if anyone is prepared to e mail a complaint there is a different process for paid up members and general members, so if you would like to contact us at [email protected] we will give you further information.
Please be assured PAIN was established long before joining forces with WASPI and we shall continue campaigning for justice for 50s women regardless.
Thank you
WASPI PAIN NORFOLK Admin Group

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 pm 
Regular

Thanks for this Number 6. It appears to be worse than I thought.I am surprised though that such clever and industrious women could let one woman allegedly ruin everything. It will be very hard to come back from this I think as many ladies have list confidence in the leaders and disgracefully the lack of information they have received from the Directors. Rather ironic when they blame the Government for lack of information and then do the Same themselves!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:56 pm 
Star

Can anyone confirm if this is correct ?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:36 pm 
Top of the pops

No idea about what is happening with WASPI

But I reached my retirement in March

A bitter sweet thing...as I have friends who are fighting cancer who where born in the same year as me and their retirement ages are totally different from mine and they will have to continue to work...all wrong

To illustrate the unfairness of what has happened to women who where born in 1953 please look below....

Last edited by migmogs on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:26 pm 
Star

Waspi themselves have confirmed what I asked yesterday . They can no longer instuctions Bindmans , but obviously only a temporary matter .

" UPDATE ON WASPI CAMPAIGN As you will be aware, there have been some recent changes to the Board of the WASPILtd Campaign following the resignations of former directors, Jane Cowley, Susan Beevers, Angela Madden, Carole Archibald and Jane Carolan On 21 February Companies House recognised the newly appointed board members: Patricia Tarttelin, Cheryl Anne Sloan, Rosemary Dickson and Lila Bennett. However, we are sad to report that some of the former directors appear to have lodged a formal objection to the new leadership disputing the validity of the new board. This means that the new board cannot instruct Bindmans. However, we are confident that this will only be a temporary measure Despite this current situation, we continue to work in the best interests of the 3.8 million WASPI women affected by the changes to the SPA. We are driven by a unifying goal, and we will not stop until it is achieved This is an exciting time for the WASPI campaign, and the new board have been working hard to ensure that momentum continues, particularly with regards to the mass maladministration case which is at a critical stage. During this time of change, the new board will continue to drive the campaign forward, with ongoing political and legal activity. Our political media consultants Connect, are continuing to work on our behalf to ensure the campaign is at the forefront of the political agenda. WASPI Board . "

Interstingly some of the new board have left this week , Patricia Tarttelin, and Cheryl Anne Sloan , I think .

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body