The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:04 am 
Regular

Many women have now got their pensions - albeit delayed, and have spent enough of their precious time campaigning. That group has been at it for 6 years.
WASPI Voice is taking a 'break' but WASPI Ltd is definitely continuing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:24 pm 
Regular

I really feel for them and of course once the glimmer of hope they got from Labour has gone I think they are probably right. As they say better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all. There comes a time when you have to be realistic and get on with your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:49 pm 
Idol

Me and my husband gave funds towards the legal campaign when it was announced a few months ago....

Today, we received an email from them giving quite a lot of detail.

A small section is here below regarding the options. I'm not copying the whole of the processes outlined in the email as I do not want to release information which may get into the wrong hands or give advance warning of what's to come.
WASPI haven't given up the fight!
Quote:
Update on Fair State Pensions for WASPI women

Dear Supporter,
Legal update
This is to bring you up to date with our legal challenge. We appreciate that you have funded our legal challenge and many of you have suffered a huge financial loss and all the worry that entails, and now you are having to wait for an outcome. We are just as unhappy about this as you are and feel angry on your behalf. We're doing everything we can to ensure that things move along as quickly as the frustratingly slow legal system allows and to ensure that we get the best possible outcome for all WASPI women.
You'll remember that we set out with two potential means of legal redress:
• A judicial review challenge (or challenges) to the legality of the changes themselves; and
• Maladministration complaints to the Parliamentary Ombudsman regarding the wholly inadequate engagement undertaken by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) regarding these changes.

If you haven't started your complaint yet, please do so now. Full details of how to do this are in the Guide to Complaints on our web page, http://www.waspi.co.uk/action and your local WASPI group will also be able to help you with this; again their details are on our web page.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:07 pm 
Star

No need to be secretive , crowd funding have given out the full text .

http://r.mail.crowdjustice.co.uk/5tv0ovvjale3f.html

In case anyone wants to read it .

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:21 pm 
Idol

A couple of things have arisen today - it almost feels like Friday and I'm ready to break out the gin, but sadly I've already imbibed of a glass from a bottle of Chilean "Bicicleta" Sauvignon Blanc which we got FREE in recompense for a small problem which occurred a few weeks back at our local Morrisons store over a standard pizza that was a downright debacle.

But, here we go - back to WASPI:
Quote:
Some 37 Conservative MPs expressed support for the Women Against State Pension Inequality (WASPI) before the general election, including former children’s minister Tim Loughton and ex-Tory chairman Caroline Spelman.

Embarrassingly for the Government, backers of WASPI even include Peter Heaton-Jones, who is the PPS, or Commons aide, to new Work and Pensions Secretary David Gauke. Mrs May’s partners in a confidence and supply deal to pass key votes, the Democratic Unionist Party, are also in favour, as are the Scottish Nationalists.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics ... 80336.html

This lady really knows how to tell it.... so good to see someone so young getting to grips with real life:
https://www.facebook.com/Mhairi.Black.S ... nref=story

And I've got a new word to add to my vocabulary "scunnered" ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:19 am 
Star

Some more follow on from above .

Waspi getting a lot of mention this week .

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/whall/?i ... spi#g146.0

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:35 pm 
Regular

What I really don't understand is if everyone had been notified in 1995 and again in 2011 what were they supposed to have done to manage until their new SPA? I am sure a lot of ladies in lower paid employment would not have been able to save enough to allow them to retire early at age 60 . I know from my own experience that I decided to take out an AVC to increase my private pension as I knew I did not have sufficient years service to receive a full pension. I don't remember how much per month I paid into it or for the length of time I paid but it was at least 10 years and a reasonable monthly amount as I thought and for that I get the grand sum of £400 per annum which does not increase each year.It appears that everyone agrees that the pension age had to rise and will probably continue to rise so I feel that the Government should provide schemes via NS&I possibly that will provide a good investment with a better than average interest rate. Maybe,perhaps controversially these schemes should be mandatory but need starting now to at least assist future generations.

Additionally I don't think the WASPI ladies have helped their cause by quoting inflated figures for example I receive more than the basic pension albeit not a lot and my annual pension for this year is 6800 even if you multiply that figure by 6 you only arrive at just over 40k and that is using this years pension and not the amount I received some years ago so take into account the lower pensions than mine and many ladies who worked part time and all those ladies who have not had to wait for the full 6 years I think the average figure would have been far less than they are quoting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:51 pm 
Star

Is it all over for Waspi ?

" That is it for WASPI I'm afraid - until this I did still hold out some hope for the poorest women but I think it finished even for them particularly when you consider the fact that the first ICE test case has been turned down . "

The ICE case is what Bindmans had recommended the ladies to go for .

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:46 am 
Top of the pops

Any links/refs to a site for these comments Number6??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:18 am 
Star

Sorry George , the quote was just somebody's opinion .

But here is the proof the first case was not up held .

Waspi have been holding back the information , so someone took the FOI route and got the information .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 am 
Regular

WASPI are certainly not doing themselves any favours by holding back information from their supporters but I wonder if the result of the first test case is sufficient to give up?
It would certainly be interesting to see the reasoning behind the ICE decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 pm 
Idol

From the information I have, the person who received the letter wasn't ready to divulge the result in public - yet.... this was a couple of days ago and the WASPI groups agreed to stand by the recipients request.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:06 am 
Regular

The letter was actually dated a week ago not a couple of days Jules.You don't have to divulge your name or details but I would have thought that if you agreed to your case being a test case then you agree to the findings being publicised?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:35 pm 
Idol

I meant I saw the information relating to the letter a couple of days ago..... the lady in question said she didn't want it to be publicized at that particular time for some reason and the WASPI group respected her wishes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:28 pm 
Star

It appears that is it until October for ICE , they have had so many complaints they are going to get a team together and start going through them .

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:04 pm 
Regular

Have just been watching PM Question time and Ian Blackford again brought up the WASPI campaign. I have to say that the Prime Minister did not give an inch but what surprised me was that there was not more support from the other MP's -looks to me as though many supported it when they wanted their seats but are not so vocal now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:40 pm 
Star

Today it has been anounced that pension age is going up to 68 sooner than planed , I do not think it will affect any of us .

"Six million men and women will have to wait a year longer than they expected to get their state pension, the government has announced.
The rise in the pension age to 68 will now be phased in between 2037 and 2039, rather than from 2044 as was originally proposed.
Those affected are currently between the ages of 39 and 47."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-40658774?SThisFB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:30 pm 
Regular

Yes I saw that on the tv in the garage when I was waiting for my car. That would be me just coming up to my pension age whereas in reality I have been retired for 10 years (2 years early) Could I have managed to carry on working until now and I suppose the answer is yes but I'm glad I havn't!!
I have said this before and even written to my MP about it as I think the Government MUST make some sort of high interest savinga scheme available now purely to assist people to retire early which would only be for people of a certain age and to be only taken in the form of a pension. If people started now they would have 20 years to invest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:44 am 
Regular

It appears that Tom McPhail,head of policy at Hargreaves Lansdown agrees with me. " We need a national savings strategy and a good starting point would be for the Government to look at a savings strategy"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:24 pm 
Regular

WASPI might want to get the BBC to take up their cause :lol:

The "suggestion" is that the BEEB make "the men" take a pay cut to bring them into line with "the women" because they really can't afford to do it the other way round. That's the fairest solution surely?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:55 pm 
Idol

Latest WASPI update received just now:

Quote:
Update on Fair State Pensions for WASPI women

Dear Supporter

We can now tell you more about where we are in our legal challenge. Things have taken a frustratingly long time, but we continue to do everything we can to ensure that we progress as quickly as the legal system allows and to ensure that we get the best possible outcome for all WASPI women.

Maladministration claims and the ICE
You may have seen reported on Twitter or elsewhere that the Independent Case Examiner (ICE) has rejected the first WASPI complaint she investigated. This was not unexpected, and it now allows the complaint to go forward to the Parliamentary Ombudsman as we intended.

We consider that the ICE's investigation and response to the first complaint to be wholly inadequate. It adopts an inappropriately narrow view of maladministration, ignores key evidence (set out in WASPI's guide to maladministration) and seeks to blame the complainant for the failures of the DWP.

WASPI had also repeatedly asked the ICE to investigate a representative sample of complainants so as to ensure all relevant issues were addressed. The ICE, however, repeatedly refused and instead investigated one arbitrarily selected complaint. It is therefore unsurprising that the first investigation leaves many issues unaddressed. Although there may be similarities, no two women's circumstances are the same. Accordingly, even on the ICE's own analysis (which WASPI considers fundamentally flawed), it cannot be assumed that other women's complaints will not be upheld.

WASPI is therefore continuing to engage with the ICE and the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to work towards a comprehensive and fair investigation of all relevant issues. If the ICE will not agree to quickly investigate a representative sample, WASPI will seek to take these matters directly to the Ombudsman to reduce delay.

Women who have made complaints to the DWP will have been told that the DWP now has received so many letters of complaint that they have found it necessary to set up a separate unit to deal exclusively with them.

Correspondence with the DWP
We have also finally received a response, almost four months later, to our letter to the DWP seeking reasonable and appropriate reparations for the harm done by the DWP's failure properly to communicate the changes. That response, unsurprisingly, fails entirely to acknowledge and engage with the DWP's own failures, and rejects WASPI's suggestions for unsustainable reasons, including by claiming that they have been considered before, when this was not necessarily the case.

WASPI will continue to engage with the DWP and we still have the option to bring about a judicial review challenge if and when we need to.

It's not too late to make a claim of maladministration against the DWP
We still need to get as many women as possible to make their maladministration claims in order to demonstrate to the DWP the level and scale of the unfairness that has been caused. Already, as commented on earlier, they have remarked on the large volume of complaints received in comparison to their usual workload, and we need to see everyone complaining.

Think of these complaints as our ammunition in the political and legal battle, and remember, if your complaint is upheld by the Ombudsman, they can recommend that the Government restore you to the same financial position as if the maladministration hadn't happened. If you haven't started your maladministration complaint yet, please do so now. If you have started your complaint, then please continue to pursue it.

Full details of how to do this are in the Guide to Complaints on our web page, http://www.waspi.co.uk/action and your local WASPI group will also be able to help you with this; again their details are on our web page.

We will be in touch again as soon as there is anything new to report.

WASPI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:14 am 
The most meriting and burdened are presently in the zone and qualifying...not much reassurance yet I am perplexed the battle, however good natured has run its course.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:42 pm 
Master

Realistically, as one of the many women affected by this, I just accepted the changes in the state pension age for women as basically the system was unsustainable given that people are living longer. Similarly the NHS is expected to do far more than it was originally set up to do, hence the current situation. There have been many other government decisions in recent years and months that only now in place eg Bereavement Support Payment and even that may go under Brexit negotiations for those of us living in Cyprus. More information here: https://www.gov.uk/bereavement-support-payment.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 pm 
Idol

Emily Blunt wrote:
The most meriting and burdened are presently in the zone and qualifying...not much reassurance yet I am perplexed the battle, however good natured has run its course.

Can you run that one by me again.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 am 
Top of the pops

Well the propaganda machine has started
BBC news last night

Only those born in 1954 have been affected by changes made to women's Pension Ages...just over 1 million women...and only a small fraction of those may be needing assistance!

So all of the women before 1954 ... especially all of those born after April 1953 who bore the brunt of the changes with the smallest amount of time to prepare have been knocked off the list of those affected!

It all STINKS!

The use of the WASPI campaign and Ross Altman being used supposedly only for this tiny amount of women...was disgracefully lied about on the news...as WASPI was set up for ALL women affected who where born in the 1950,s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:52 am 
Idol

It's like continuously beating your head against the wall....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:30 pm 
Idol

Jeremy Corbyn is attending a meeting this Friday with the Blackpool and Fylde local WASPI group of which I am a member - my ticket is already booked :greetings

"Oh, Jeremy Corbyn"
http://bit.ly/2rlZ6Ve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:41 pm 
Idol

The WASPI meeting was a great success in Cleveleys on Friday. Jeremy Corbyn took time out from a hectic schedule of visits in the north west of UK to attend an intimate gathering of WASPI ladies after a request was made via the local Labour party group.

He asked questions, he listened to the answers, he took his own notes and took the time to reply and commented about the grotesque treatment those ladies born in the 1950s had received.

A few photos which I managed to grab from my visit to the meeting at the community church hall:

And then today, some interesting developments have been published by Caroline Wheeler for the Sunday Times:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm 
Graduate

So is he going to help you before or after he has repaid student debt an abolished tuition fees ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:25 pm 
Star

Summary of the Pensions (Review of Women's Arrangements) (No. 2) Bill 2017-19

A Bill to establish a review of pension arrangements for women affected by changes made by the Pensions Act 1995 and the Pensions Act 2011; to require the review in particular to undertake costings for a compensation scheme and consider the operation of section 1(4) of the Pensions Act 2011; and for connected purposes.

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/201 ... tsno2.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:37 am 
Idol

"They don't like it up 'em"

https://youtu.be/vVnVbD7JlbY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:27 am 
Rock Star

I was talking to friends on Skype over the weekend and this topic came up, my wife falls into this bracket and is 60 in November.
My friend said, this has been going on for about 6 years and so far just hot air and promises, not only that the Government says you are still have the opportunity to continue to work (nonsense,) so I think it is time to face up to it and realise it is a lost cause, this could drag on another 6 years then it is over.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:14 am 

My wife and I were born 6 months apart but because of this debacle, I get my pension a year before her :huff :bat

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:24 pm 
Top of the pops

I am now 64 and no longer holding my breath that I will be compensated in any way shape or form for the pension money that has been stolen from me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:58 pm 
Idol

I've still got a smidgen over 12 months before I'm 60 - I'm still fighting for mine!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Sadly it is the women who where given the least amount of time to prepare that have suffered the most and IF any compensation is awarded ...it will not come in time to be given to these women...I have already lived the last 4 years without my pension

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 pm 
Idol

Exactly! And this is why they must not give up the fight.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:10 pm 
Star

I see an other petition has been started by someone called Grahame Morris . In the text he does mention Waspi ...is it official ?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200088

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:39 pm 
Idol

He's a big supportor - a Labour MP for Seaham area (North East UK).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:38 pm 
Star

I see the government has responded to the latest petition .

In summary
Increasing life expectancy is a cause for celebration but it also presents significant fiscal pressures as relatively fewer working age people are called upon to support a growing number of pensioners. The old age dependency ratio is set to increase by one quarter over the next 25 years – from 301 pensioners for every 1,000 working age people today, to 375 pensioners for every 1,000 working age people by 2042.
With the increasing financial pressures described, we cannot unpick a policy that has been in place for 22 years. It is simply not affordable, especially when we take into account that the average woman reaching State Pension age last year will get a higher state pension income over her lifetime than an average woman reaching SPa at any point before.

There will be no further concessions on this issue as this would require people of working age, and more specifically younger people, to bear an even greater share of the cost of the pensions system.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:26 pm 
Junior

Everybody affected should keep on fighting and lobby their MP. This government is weak and will bend if the message is loud enough.

Good luck to you all.

Paul :pint

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:13 pm 
Star

Some women are getting their pension today , at last .

DOB 6 August 1953 – 5 September 1953. Paid on 6 November 2017

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:44 am 
Top of the pops

I was born on the 6th of September 1953 and have to wait until the 6th of March 2018 :evil:

Work that one out..for be8ng 1 day older

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:59 am 

My wife was born Sept 1954 and has to wait till 2020!!!! :huff :tickedoff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:53 am 
Top of the pops

It is outrageous and completely unfair MAD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 am 
Star

I get mine in May next year . I have already got my claim forms filled in ready for posting .

If I read it correct you can send it off 4 months before ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:24 pm 
Master

Women all born in 1953 thought they would retire when they were 60

Date born = State Pension Age

7 January = 6 November 2015
1 April = 6 March 2016
7 June = 6 March 2017
7 September = 6 March 2018
6 December = 6 March 2019

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:21 pm 
Idol

Following the most recent WASPI petition with over 106,000 signatures:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:47 pm 
Star

All 10 DUP MPs went to meet with WASPI this week and all assured us of their full and continued support .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 am 
Star

The Liberal Democrats have called on the Government to correct the “injustice” faced by the Women Against State Pension Inequality Campaign by giving them £15,000 each.

Stephen Lloyd, the Liberal Democrat spokesman for work and pensions says the Government should do so immediately.

I can't see it happening .

But would the ladies who visit here accept it ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body