The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gravel
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Can anyone give a price please or reliable, cheap supplier for gravel (about 3 quarter inch). I want a sack of 1 cubic meter and delivery.

Live your dreams.

Post subject: Re: Gravel
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:15 pm 
Top of the pops

I would call HomeMarket or Geofra store ...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Geofra Builders Merchants tel. 26 273200
They do have comprehensive stock and a delivery service.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:21 pm 
Forum Admin

tanny wrote:
Can anyone give a price please or reliable, cheap supplier for gravel (about 3 quarter inch). I want a sack of 1 cubic meter and delivery.

About 70 euros a bag ,, dont know about delivery as you live in the back end of nowhere ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:15 am 

Could somebody please tell me where this Geofra builders merchants is? I use most of them around Paphos form time to time and am not aware of this name. I need a source of sensible priced "blocks" from somewhere. All they seem to sell are the difficult to work with red clay blocks at a silly cost of around 0.65 cents each min! I really just want something like the British lightweight concrete blocks - easy to lay and easy to cut - but it's crazy that these do not seem to be available anywhere? Any information gladly received, thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:24 am 
Top of the pops

Better weather coming now, you could try making your own from garden clay and straw. Its good fun and great relaxation.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:33 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
All they seem to sell are the difficult to work with red clay blocks at a silly cost of around 0.65 cents each min! I really just want something like the British lightweight concrete blocks - easy to lay and easy to cut - but it's crazy that these do not seem to be available anywhere? Any information gladly received, thank you.

Fear not mojo, both Homemarket & One Stop stock a good range of building materials, including the type of 'blocks' you want.

Last edited by Topgun on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 am 
Top of the pops

mojo wrote:
Could somebody please tell me where this Geofra builders merchants is? I use most of them around Paphos form time to time and am not aware of this name. I need a source of sensible priced "blocks" from somewhere. All they seem to sell are the difficult to work with red clay blocks at a silly cost of around 0.65 cents each min! I really just want something like the British lightweight concrete blocks - easy to lay and easy to cut - but it's crazy that these do not seem to be available anywhere? Any information gladly received, thank you.

Info. & directions can be found on .....
https://www.facebook.com/Geofra.Ltd

Inland route from Paphos Town, towards Chlorakas and Lemba ... take the turn on the right, signposted to Tala ....
It's just a little way along on the right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:27 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
Info. & directions can be found on .....
https://www.facebook.com/Geofra.Ltd

Inland route from Paphos Town, towards Chlorakas and Lemba ... take the turn on the right, signposted to Tala ....
It's just a little way along on the right.

Hi SFD,
I have visited the site via the link on your post & found an irritating message from Facebook which (for me) serves only to block the visible content of about one third of the screen.
Do you know if it is possible to remove this 'banner', or alternatively a website for this company not 'controlled' by Facebook?

If you could also give more specific directions as to how to get to their premises (don't know what you mean by "inland route"), it would be appreciated.The map on their website is less than helpfull.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:32 am 

This MIGHT help for directions
http://www.cyprus.com/geofra-ltd-maps.html

or this
http://www.businesslink.com.cy/Company-GEOFRA_LTD,7519,403

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:21 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
This MIGHT help for directions

Hi MAD, I can see why you said MIGHT!

Only in Cyprus can you experience the 'logic' of a website designer creating a site purportedly to enable people to find a location, then asking for the enquiree to fix the said location on a map which shows street names in Greek, but with an address in English! :banghead

I know the answer is to learn the language, but I thought I'd visit during the course of the week, not in several years time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am 
Top of the pops

Topgun.
Travel up the Mesoghi road, opposite Carrefour (which may change its name) take the left leaving Dosoudi park on your right. At the end turn left. Continue down this road to the end, you will find the 'Time Out' kiosk on your right. Turn right there and continue through the traffic lights towards Chlorakas. After the road dips and bends to the left, Pizzahut is on the right, take the next right posted towards Tala and Geofra is about 150 meters up on your right.

And I estimate you should only have to use vehicle indicators twice in this entire process. If travelling 'back down' to Kato Pafos then theres no need to use indicators whatsoever..... after all they are purely for decoration.

As you are from Tala, when coming to Pafos through the main Emba bypass, then the said location is on the left before you reach the Chlorakas junction and is opposite a hair dressing training salon.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 am 
Junior

tanny wrote:
Better weather coming now, you could try making your own from garden clay and straw. Its good fun and great relaxation.

This sounds interesting. Could you either let me know how to make it, or direct me to where I can find instructions.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:07 am 
Top of the pops

Theres some great and simple tutorials on youtube. We experimented last year with sawcrete, cob, and various other styles, all which have had good results. The only issue for me about making in bulk is lack of time.

It also fun to do, you can get as clean or dirty as you want and bring a few friend to join in the fun. Of course we didn't do the friends bit as we have none (before Neil says it).

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:29 pm 
Junior

It looks deliciously messy! As you say, it seems rather time consuming. but I think it is definitely worth experimenting with.

Thank you, Tanny :sunny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:01 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
opgun.
Travel up the Mesoghi road, opposite Carrefour (which may change its name) take the left leaving Dosoudi park on your right. At the end turn left. Continue down this road to the end, you will find the 'Time Out' kiosk on your right. Turn right there and continue through the traffic lights towards Chlorakas. After the road dips and bends to the left, Pizzahut is on the right, take the next right posted towards Tala and Geofra is about 150 meters up on your right.

And I estimate you should only have to use vehicle indicators twice in this entire process. If travelling 'back down' to Kato Pafos then theres no need to use indicators whatsoever..... after all they are purely for decoration.

As you are from Tala, when coming to Pafos through the main Emba bypass, then the said location is on the left before you reach the Chlorakas junction and is opposite a hair dressing training salon.

Thanks Tanny, found it without a problem & didn't use my indicators once!!

However, for other people looking to find it, be advised the blue-on-white sign is in greek, so you will not see the company name 'Geofra Builders'.

We identified it by spotting the phone number! :cheers

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body