Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:22 pm 
Idol

Not one to let the grass grow under her feet..... she's certainly got some tenacity.

Scotland's first minister has signed a letter formally asking for powers to hold a second Scottish independence referendum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39449459

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:22 pm 
Top of the pops

Nicola is miles away from her people
The vast majority of Scots do not want what Nicola wants
Nicola is on a one man horse of haters to the United Kingdom
Long may she be downed
I actually liked Nicola until her true cards became visible...she absolutely with no regards to a lot of her fellow Scotts HATES the UK...

Well Nicola...this hatred will be YOUR downfall

The majority of Scottish people from all of the online sources...hate what she is doing and what she stands for
They see right though her rhetoric of hatred

They want to remain part of the uk

Yes she had the majority vote in Scottish MP,s...but she did not have the vote of the Scottish People who voted to remain in the uk

Last edited by migmogs on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:02 pm 
Top of the pops

Nicola is incompetent and cannot cope with the responsibilities she already has.
Her rhetoric is just an attempt at covering her failures.
And her SNP MPs in Westminster are a joke .... and a boring one, too !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:21 am 

The Government has responded to the petition – “Another Scottish independence referendum should not be allowed to happen”.

Government responded:
The UK Government is clear that now is not the time for a second independence referendum.
The UK needs to work together, putting all our energies into ensuring we get the right deal for the UK and for Scotland in our negotiations with the EU.
In 2014, the Scottish people decided in a legal, fair and decisive referendum to remain a strong part of the UK. The Edinburgh Agreement of 2012 committed both the UK and Scottish Governments to respecting the outcome of the Scottish referendum. Calling for a second referendum is creating damaging uncertainty for the economy, and most people in Scotland do not want the country to be plunged into another divisive campaign. All our focus should be on our negotiations with the EU and working together to get the right deal for Scotland and the right deal for the UK. It would be unfair to the people of Scotland to ask them to make a crucial decision without knowing what our future partnership with the EU will be or what the alternative for an independent Scotland would look like.
As the Prime Minister has set out, we will strengthen the Union of the four nations that comprise our United Kingdom. We will negotiate as one United Kingdom, taking account of the specific interests of every nation and region of the UK. When it comes to the powers that we will take back from Europe, we will consult fully on which powers should reside in Westminster and which should be passed on to the Devolved Administrations.
This will be an opportunity to determine the level best placed to take decisions on these issues, ensuring power sits closer to the people of the UK than ever before. It is the expectation of the Government that the devolved administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will see a significant increase in their decision-making power as a result of this process.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:06 am 
Regular

If Scotland wants to be independent good for it, however if Scotland becomes independent it will have to hit the ground running. Despite what Salmond told the gullibles last time Scotland will not share Sterling and will not be in the EU or the Euro either. It’s only chance is to have a balanced budget on the date of independence and then link it’s fledgling currency to another major currency (you are not independent if someone else controls the money supply)

If oil was $115 per barrel that could be done without increasing taxes and cutting spending - if revenues are about £11 billion under the required level then it can’t. All the free prescription and university fees would go out the window for starters

For Sturgeon to now be demanding a referendum on independence when Scotland will be declared bankrupt the very same day they get it is nonsense- that’s like a failing business threatening a bank with taking their overdraft somewhere else :lol:

Becoming an independent country doesn't happen very often-doing it “properly” would be a hugely complicated task that is way beyond the capacity of Sturgeon and Salmond- they operate a policy of divide and conquer and are subverting democracy with what is little more than attempted power grab against the wishes of the majority of Scots and a ludicrous attempt to derail Brexit

Scotland's best position is to wait and see what a happens with the EU negotiations before it makes any decision, but any wannabee nation that does not have the potential to have a balanced budget will not be able to borrow the money on the international money markets to finance it's borrowings and debt (and every country has borrowings and debt, even the wealthiest ones). You have to be able to run a country before you get control of one- the SNP have shown no sign whatsoever of having the ability to do that.

The latest call for a referendum will damage Scotland in the short term and make the possibility of a balanced budget even more remote. I don't know if anyone has told Sturgeon that- I assume they have but so deranged is the wee harpie it would not make any difference. All she is doing at the moment is harming her own "credibility", her own country, and making her dream of a successful independent Scotland less attainable and even less possible

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:28 am 
Idol

I was under the impression Nicola Sturgeon had only signed the letter late yesterday and that it may be sent forward today (Friday) so not sure how the government can have already responded?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:39 am 

Fylde Filly wrote:
I was under the impression Nicola Sturgeon had only signed the letter late yesterday and that it may be sent forward today (Friday) so not sure how the government can have already responded?

The government response is to the petition “Another Scottish independence referendum should not be allowed to happen”. as stated at the start of my post

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:49 pm 
Idol

So your post has nothing to do with my post then, correct?

Forgive my confusion....... because I saw you had also posted the same quote elsewhere, which is why I raised the issue. Thanks for the explanation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:54 pm 

My post was to show the government response to the petition and the likely reply to Nicola Sturgeons letter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:58 pm 
Rock Star

The sad part of this woman's narrow minded attitude she could end up causing a serious divide within Scotland just like the issues with Ireland, lets face it a lot of the Scots hate the English with a passion, how can you reason with a delusional woman and those who follow her, how can you convince them they maybe wrong until it is too late.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:41 pm 
Regular

You're right- the Scottish sectarian divide used to be confined to Old Firm matches- this daft bint will extend a similar sort of poison to the whole country

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:33 pm 
Top of the pops

The petition continues to grow stronger and stronger with over 218,000 Scots now having signed not to have a seccond referendum to date
Yet she continues to want to destroy the uk..Knowing that we need a full working together uk to get the best deal that we need and want from leaving the EU
Evil intent does not sum up this woman, she should be working towards the best deal that we can get from a United Kingdom that we can get...not playing against it

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:16 pm 

Ilex wrote:
You're right- the Scottish sectarian divide used to be confined to Old Firm matches- this daft bint will extend a similar sort of poison to the whole country

No it didn't, trust me on that one. A town just outside Glasgow known as (Belfast Lite) regularly had collections in the pubs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:51 am 
Regular

M.A.D wrote:
Ilex wrote:

No it didn't, trust me on that one. A town just outside Glasgow known as (Belfast Lite) regularly had collections in the pubs

All part and parcel of the Old Firm Matches mentality.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body