The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:17 am 
Rock Star

This article I think pretty much nails it for the situation in the UK;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4340290/Truth-t-like-says-KATIE-HOPKINS.html

Snowflakes & others of a 'liberal luvvie' persuasion might wish to turn away now! :england

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:22 am 
Top of the pops

She's right. Many years ago when I had been living in Bradford for about 10 years I wrote to Tony Blair, inviting him to come and stay with me for a week and I would prove that the multiculturalism about which he was so fond of spouting absolutely 100% did not work. And it still doesn't. It's a myth coined by Blair and propounded by every dogooder in the land.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:57 am 
Major

Fifty years ago, before the Iranian revolution, before the fundamentalism in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Sudan and Yemen; before Al Quaeda, Hamas, Al Shabbab and ISIS became household names, before Tony Blair, the tree huggers and Multi Culturalism became fashionable, Enoch Powell said that there would be rivers of blood in the UK.

He was sacked.

He was right.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:58 am 
Rock Star

Possibly one of the best articles she has ever written...wake up the UK, fight back, regain your country and your culture before evil destroys it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 am 
Top of the pops

:agree
David G wrote:
Fifty years ago, before the Iranian revolution, before the fundamentalism in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Sudan and Yemen; before Al Quaeda, Hamas, Al Shabbab and ISIS became household names, before Tony Blair, the tree huggers and Multi Culturalism became fashionable, Enoch Powell said that there would be rivers of blood in the UK.

He was sacked.

He was right.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 am 
Regular

totally agree. 100%.

I think that all non-white, non-British, non-Christian should be expelled from MY country. Enough is enough. Bloody foreigners coming over here thinking that they can do whatever they want. Buying up our houses, taking our jobs.

That is it for me.

If you were not born White Anglo-Saxon Christian then get out now. Go back to your own country.

Oh, hang on a second though.

What about all the Non Greek Non Orthodox folks living in Cyprus? Where should they go?

Ah, but that is different. We have a RIGHT to be here.

it all sounds a bit like 1932 again!!!!

When you start a thread calling people SNOWFLAKES and LIBERAL LUVVIES you are just inviting snide replies.

Good luck with this one, Adolph.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:50 am 
Top of the pops

Great article and if you were not offended (as some undoubtedly will have been) then the video a-word-to-the-criminal-migrant is even more hard hitting and no less true for its sarcasm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:12 am 
Forum Admin

Its time for our UK (so called leaders) to stand up and put our foot down on this , we should no longer allow any anti British propaganda to be preached in UK mosques allowing our youth to be radicalized , anyone preaching against UK christain values should be asked to leave the UK or put in prison , this man has a history of preaching death to non believers of islam and he should have been in prison a long time ago ...
God rest the souls of those people who died for no reason , just going about the day ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:22 am 
Regular

They already have. There are laws against inciting terrorism and race hatred. It is just a case of imposing those laws.

We all know where these ****holes are every Friday. Just go and arrest them. Job done.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:24 am 
Forum Admin

A 48 year old father of children , doing his daily job , is killed in cold blood by someone who does not like
the british way of life .... this must have a stop put to it ...
Its time for the UK to be given back to true Brits with British values ...
Enough is enough ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:53 am 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
A 48 year old father of children , doing his daily job , is killed in cold blood by someone who does not like
Enough is enough ..

R.I.P Keith.
Thank you for your patriotic service.
Condolences to your family.
Remoaners ..... WAKE UP !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:13 pm 
Regular

There is actually a lot of common sense in that article if you are capable of putting in into context

There has been some incredible ranting from Turkish President Erdogan recently

He has been trying organise rallies throughout Europe in support of his desire to give himself more power in Turkey, and the rather unsavoury nature of both Erdogan and the rallies has been clamped down on in various European countries.

That is of course manna from Allah to the likes of Erdogan who has responded by calling all the European states banning these rallies “nazis”, encouraging the millions of Turks living in Europe to "have more children to punish their hosts" and threatening to flood Europe with another 3 million migrants if they don’t get their way with visa free access to the EU :shock:

The incredible thing is he holds a lot of aces courtesy of the EU’s insane expansion policy that courted Turkey in the first place and an equally ludicrous asylum policy that let everyone in and is now having be be reversed in Germany and Sweden where plans are afoot to deport 100's of thousands before the insanity of the policies hands France to the likes of Le Pen and Germany to AFD (although the press is more concerned with Trump’s attempts to keep nutters out rather than the folly of letting them in)

Erdogan’s current stances is proof positive that immigration and cultural differences (particularly of a religious nature) are being weaponised by regimes,governments and religious factions to undermine Western security and culture, and that is as plain as the nose on your face

We all know how threats like that should be treated, but we are too brainwashed by political correctness and fear of being branded racist to even mount a campaign against them. We seem to be relying on these fanatics abiding by Britain's sense of fair play, which is as rare amongst them as common sense is amongst many of our own establishment figures who are turning a blind eye to the problems and see appeasement as a solution

Tolerance is a two way street- tolerating the intolerant is not how it works

Last edited by Ilex on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:19 pm 
Rock Star

SFD...
This is nothing to do with Brexit. Muslim extremists are not EU citizens, apart from the ones that were born here in UK.

I wondered when one of you or Geoff would drag Brexit into this.

SAD! :banghead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Big Nev wrote:
SFD...
This is nothing to do with Brexit. Muslim extremists are not EU citizens, apart from the ones that were born here in UK.

Quote :- "extremists are not EU citizens, apart from the ones that were born here in UK."
Do you know, for certain, that there are no extremists in the EU ? .... You must know all about the EU .... Eh ? :bat
When will you realise that extremists are in & out of the EU ... in & out of the UK !
The only remedy is to control one's borders .... Weed out those in the UK & refuse access to those from outside the UK.
Is that too difficult for you to understand ????

Last edited by SFD on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Big Nev wrote:
SFD...

Are you saying for real that there are no EU Citizens who are Muslim extremists?
In Belgium alone the authorities have over 1000 of them on their watch list!
I imagine that Brexit was mentioned in the context of strict immigration controls in
UK after Brexit - if so I would hope so.
UK needs a Trump style policy towards these nutters, if that comes about as a result of Brexit then FAB.
Islam extremeists are bad news whether EU Citizens or not - they are NOT welcome in the UK.
Geoff.
P.S. I notice the Brexit as such had not been mentioned earlier in this thread, just those who
voted to stay in the EU (I have deliberately avoided the "re..." word!).
P.P.S. Yesterday's attacker was British born!

Last edited by geoffreys on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:13 pm 
Forum Admin

As you will mostly know , I dont even live there anymore
but these things just boil my blood ....

Why are UK citizens putting up with this ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 pm 
Rock Star

The perpetrator has been identified as a British Citizen.
Maybe he should be called a traitor instead?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:29 pm 
Top of the pops

Big Nev wrote:

Yes. I believe the death penalty still applies to treason?
I would bring it back for all murderers where there is no shadow of a doubt regarding their guilt.
In these days of forensic science etc it is not difficult to prove guilt absolutely.

This latest incident is a large part of why the British voted to leave the EU and all it's hand tying rules and regulations preventing real justice.
There are millions living in the UK who have arrived from the cesspits of the world who should not be here. They do not integrate, have no intention of doing so and hate everything about this once great country apart from what they can squeeze out of it and they do that with great skill.
Unless you have lived in these areas you have no possible idea what it is like and the fear and the filth that they subject decent people to.
Yes. there are deserving and hard working and good people amongst them but they will not turn against their own to try and rid themselves and us of their evil doers. Until they do it will carry on and more innocent people will die.
My heart aches for all those who died, were critically injured, injured, witnessed yet another atrocity on our streets and their friends and families.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:39 pm 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
Big Nev wrote:

Yes. I believe the death penalty still applies to treason?
I would bring it back for all murderers where there is no shadow of a doubt regarding their guilt.
In these days of forensic science etc it is not difficult to prove guilt absolutely.

This latest incident is a large part of why the British voted to leave the EU and all it's hand tying rules and regulations preventing real justice.
There are millions living in the UK who have arrived from the cesspits of the world who should not be here. They do not integrate, have no intention of doing so and hate everything about this once great country apart from what they can squeeze out of it and they do that with great skill.
Unless you have lived in these areas you have no possible idea what it is like and the fear and the filth that they subject decent people to.
Yes. there are deserving and hard working and good people amongst them but they will not turn against their own to try and rid themselves and us of their evil doers. Until they do it will carry on and more innocent people will die.
My heart aches for all those who died, were critically injured, injured, witnessed yet another atrocity on our streets and their friends and families.

Well you can't blame Martin McGuinness for this one Beverley.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:50 pm 
Top of the pops

SFD wrote:
Neil wrote:
Enough is enough ..

R.I.P Keith.

I agree with your comments, apart from the last one. What have Remoaners, by which you possibly mean those who voted to Remain in the EU got to do with it? I am sure others, like me, who voted to remain, will still share the horror of recent events, and most of us have accepted that we are leaving the EU, so the last comment is quite insulting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave wrote:
SFD wrote:
Neil wrote:
Enough is enough ..

R.I.P Keith.

I agree with your comments, apart from the last one. What have Remoaners, by which you possibly mean those who voted to Remain in the EU got to do with it? I am sure others, like me, who voted to remain, will still share the horror of recent events, and most of us have accepted that we are leaving the EU, so the last comment is quite insulting.

With you on that WD. I said so earlier and was shot down by those a bit more articulate than me. But hey ho they voted Brexit so they're alright!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:52 pm 
Regular

Problem now is that so many of these Anglo haters are actually born in the country and are protected as UK citizens.

So what do you do with them?

Lock them up for a start. But the existing prisons will soon be overrun.

Build camps to put them in?

Then, start shooting them or hanging!

That should teach them a lesson.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:04 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
Problem now is that so many of these Anglo haters are actually born in the country and are protected as UK citizens.

5000 volts!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:31 pm 
Regular

geoffreys wrote:
artlin wrote:

5000 volts!
Geoff.

No, not enough and too costly. What we need is a nice, cheap method to rid ourselves of several million unwanted citizens. Anything spring to mind, chaps.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:46 pm 
Regular

What we are "talking about" is clamping down on the radicalisation of British born citizens which makes them hate the country of their birth, and working out which immigrants coming to the UK are here for a genuine and useful purpose or here to implement another agenda altogether

If you control the latter you will eliminate the numbers of the former and if you deport or control the activities of the hate preachers you also reduce the former

That is what us normal people are wanting to see take place- no gas chambers , no mass deportations, just effective immigration laws and sensible freedom of speech laws (that allow people to relate to others in society without inciting them to attack that society) and respect for the laws and standards of the society that they live in.

That is how it should be, but it is poles apart from what we are experiencing and sadly just witnessed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:37 pm 
Major

What's in a name or indeed a nationality?

Abdelhamid Abaaoud was a Belgian national who is known to have masterminded the November 2015 Paris attacks.

Abdul Razak Ali Artan was a legal permanent resident of the United States and who in Nov 2016 conducted a car ramming attack in Ohio State University hospitalising 11 people.

Abdel Malik Petitjean was a French national who slit the throat of French priest Jaques Hamel in July 2016.

Omar Mir Seddique Mateen was a US national who killed 49 people and injured 53 others in Ohio in June 2016.

Larossi Abballa was a French national who killed a policeman and his wife in their home in June 2016.

Syed Rizwan Farook was US born citizen and his wife Tashfeen Malik killed 14 and injured 22 people in in the San Bernadine attack in December 2015.

Now we have Khalid Masood - a British national who perpetrated the London attack yesterday.

These are just some of the names of individuals who recently carried out attacks in 'their' own country. Far to long a list to go through for the names of those individuals who claimed asylum or refugee status before carrying out their acts of murder and maiming people in their 'adoptive' country. Is there a pattern here?

Here's a clue: How many of these atrocities were preceded by the words "Allahu Akhbar" (Allah is great)? How many times have we heard news reports of "Jihad" (Islamic holy war)? How many people know that the word "Islam" actually means 'submit'. Yet we are always assured by our politicians that these people do not speak for Islam. Although their religion is rotten, corrupt, and false, our laws even prohibit us from voicing such things. Apparently, we would be the guilty ones of perpetrating hate crimes. Every national institution, government, council and organisation tip toes around these issues so as not to cause offence (or more like to prevent being the target of the next attack). You couldn't make it up could you? Oh, but then again wasn't it Hans Christian Anderson who wrote the fairy tale about the Kings invisible clothes? Well done Katie Hopkins!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:15 am 
Top of the pops

Good post David G.

8.22 this morning I said she's right, and she damned well is. This nettle simply has to be grasped - but by whom??? The left wing luvvies, the tree huggers, the PC dogooders have the UK in a vice of multiculturalism. Somehow it has to be broken.

Sadly, I don't know how, but I'm pretty sure if it isn't the UK and many other countries will sink under the grip of Islam. And I say Islam not as a word of faith, for I don't believe that it any longer means a faith. It's an ideology, and a dangerous ideology which is swamping the world.

The faith aspect of Islam is being rapidly swallowed by the fanatics and the ideologists, whilst at the same time being used as a cover for their devious and dangerous agendas.

One has to ask - what are the mosques and Imams doing about this, apart from wringing their hands and continually protesting the innocence of muslims, and I deliberately say muslims without a capital M.

I am tired of seeing Imams and leading Muslims simply talking about their 'faith' whilst ignoring the problems, I'm tired of seeing Muslims talking about their communities, their supposed integration, their 'multiculturalism' whilst ignoring the damage wrought in the name of Islam. I'm tired of seeing them continually making excuses for the appalling behaviour of so called muslims.

It's just pure hypocrisy.

The real problem is the way in which the UK has continually bent over backwards to accommodate Islam, frequently at the cost of the centuries old basic faith of the UK, Christianity. I saw, too many times, whilst living in Bradford, just how little respect there was for Christianity, whilst the continual left wing council promoted Islam. I'm pretty sure Bradford was not alone in this favoured swing.

The results of the grip of Islam are as we have seen in the last few months in London, in Paris, in Brussels...................it is not going to go away so long as its involvement is being used as an excuse for this violence and mayhem we have felt and witnessed.

I have no axe to grind, other than my Christianity, a faith which always bears tolerance of other faiths. Sadly, I see no tolerance of other faiths in Islam.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:33 am 
Top of the pops

The Metropolitan Police Federation is raising money for PC Keith Palmer's family, if anyone wishes to help:
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:31 am 
Rock Star

Quote:

When you start a thread calling people SNOWFLAKES and LIBERAL LUVVIES you are just inviting snide replies.

No, that's not my name artlin.
Just reviewing your subsequent posts on this thread & have come to the conclusion that you are simply a hypocrite, admittedly a confused one, but a hypocrite non-the-less - LOL. :there

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:02 am 
Star

Neil wrote:
Its time for our UK (so called leaders) to stand up and put our foot down on this , we should no longer allow any anti British propaganda to be preached in UK mosques allowing our youth to be radicalized , anyone preaching against UK christain values should be asked to leave the UK or put in prison , this man has a history of preaching death to non believers of islam and he should have been in prison a long time ago ...
God rest the souls of those people who died for no reason , just going about the day ..

Neil,your quote "Its time for our UK (so called leaders )"..
Who elected these "so called" leaders?,,,,the British electrate.So if owts going wrong how can we blame them when we,ve put them there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:28 pm 
Regular

Topgun wrote:
Quote:

Just reviewing your subsequent posts on this thread & have come to the conclusion that you are simply a hypocrite, admittedly a confused one, but a hypocrite non-the-less - LOL. :there

Right there is where i have an issue. Hypocrisy!

People who leave Britain, decide to live permanently in a foreign country BUT, when it suits them, feel they have the right to pass judgement on what is going on in the UK.

You live in Tala, in Cyprus. The terror activity did not take place in Cyprus. So why is it of any concern to you that you feel obliged to start a new topic and insulting people from the start?

There are terror activities going on all over the place. Are you just as concerned about bombings in Baghdad or Istanbul as you are about those killings in Britain? I doubt it.

People on here are talking about the government making a stand. Which government? The Cypriot one? What has the British government to do you with any of you. You don't live there.

Concentrate on those things that really matter to you. The weather temperature, the best taverna to dine at, the next glass of wine. These are the reasons you emigrated from Britain.

However, if you do feel strongly about the situation in Britain then move back there and get involved. Or is that too much of a hardship?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:10 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
Topgun wrote:
Quote:

Right there is where i have an issue. Hypocrisy!

People who leave Britain, decide to live permanently in a foreign country BUT, when it suits them, feel they have the right to pass judgement on what is going on in the UK.

You live in Tala, in Cyprus. The terror activity did not take place in Cyprus. So why is it of any concern to you that you feel obliged to start a new topic and insulting people from the start?

There are terror activities going on all over the place. Are you just as concerned about bombings in Baghdad or Istanbul as you are about those killings in Britain? I doubt it.

People on here are talking about the government making a stand. Which government? The Cypriot one? What has the British government to do you with any of you. You don't live there.

Concentrate on those things that really matter to you. The weather temperature, the best taverna to dine at, the next glass of wine. These are the reasons you emigrated from Britain.

However, if you do feel strongly about the situation in Britain then move back there and get involved. Or is that too much of a hardship?

Artlin. .... This is a website for PAPHOS people. ..... Where do you live ?
What right do you have to decide that current UK Expats in Cyprus, some of whom may return to the UK at a future time, have no rights to air their views on the situations in the UK ?
Many of us have family, friends and assets in the UK, still pay UK taxes and have the right to vote ..... and we DO have serious concern for their well-being.
When talking about 'hypocrisy' ... maybe a mirror would help you !
I don't get angry, very often but some posts try my patience !!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:17 pm 
Rock Star

SFD - Bang on totally agree with your reply, well done 10/10.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:44 pm 
Regular

SFD wrote:
This is a website for PAPHOS people. .....

Exactly

What right do you have to decide that current UK Expats in Cyprus, have no rights to air their views on the situations in the UK ?

You may see yourselves as EXPATS but some of us see you as IMMIGRANTS in a foreign country

Many of us still pay UK taxes and have the right to vote .....

Fine but you do not live there. You "ran away" for a better life and left us behind. For every EMIGRANT leaves a gap for an IMMIGRANT. Maybe we see you as part of the problem.

TOUGH!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
SFD wrote:
This is a website for PAPHOS people. .....

Exactly

What right do you have to decide that current UK Expats in Cyprus, have no rights to air their views on the situations in the UK ?

You may see yourselves as EXPATS but some of us see you as IMMIGRANTS in a foreign country

Many of us still pay UK taxes and have the right to vote .....

Fine but you do not live there. You "ran away" for a better life and left us behind. For every EMIGRANT leaves a gap for an IMMIGRANT. Maybe we see you as part of the problem.

TOUGH!!

And like SFD said, this "artlin" is still afraid to state where he lives!!! Says it all, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:19 pm 
Regular

Wavy Dave wrote:

And like SFD said, this "artlin" is still afraid to state where he lives!!! Says it all, doesn't it?

That's correct Wavy. in one glib response you have said it all. So glad you could join the debate. Well done, collect your prize at the door.

Where do you think I live? Certainly not Paphos.

No, indeed I am one of the lucky ones to live in LONDON. You remember where London is, don't you?

It is the place where all the immigrants decide to gather and go around killing innocent British people. Unlike Tala or Peyia where the worst crime there is someone parking in the wrong place. Actually, even that is not a crime here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm 
Top of the pops

Dear Lord! I do wonder sometimes what some people have for brains, without stating the obvious.

Living in Cyprus does not mean that we have no affiliation to the UK. Most of us, if not all, have families still living there. Most of us still care what happens to our mother country.

Many of us may find ourselves having to live there again at some point in our lives.

So who are you to say that we should not state our opinions on what is happening in theUk? Many here also pay taxes in the UK, so why in hell should they not have a say in what is happening in the U.K.??

artlin you totally miss the point re immigrants and migrants. I can only speak for myself, but I pose no burden whatsoever on the Cypriot population. I manage reasonably well on my pension, I pay my taxes, I spend by far the majority of my income here, I take no handouts whatsoever. I would venture to add that the majority of expats here would say exactly the same.

This bears no comparison whatsoever to immigrants to the UK, or to wherever else in the EU. They are simply exploiting the EU population and the taxpayers therein. They are bleeding the EU - and particularly the UK dry. U.K. Taxpayers are providing these economic migrants with homes, medical care, schooling, benefits ad nauseum. WHY??

More to the point, why are YOU castigating us expats in Cyprus who are no burden whatsoever on the Cypriot population and comparing us to the economic scroungers who are bleeding the UK dry?

Get real.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:47 pm 
Regular

George wrote:
I manage reasonably well on my pension, I pay my taxes, I spend by far the majority of my income here, I take no handouts whatsoever. I would venture to add that the majority of expats here would say exactly the same.

This bears no comparison whatsoever to immigrants to the UK, or to wherever else in the EU. They are simply exploiting the EU population and the taxpayers therein. They are bleeding the EU - and particularly the UK dry. U.K. Taxpayers are providing these economic migrants with homes, medical care, schooling, benefits ad nauseum. WHY??

Absolute nonsense. The vast majority of immigrants to the UK pay there way and taxes in exactly the same way that you do here. They work for their families and community. I wish I could say the same for some British people who think that it is OK to sponge off the state generation after generation. That, however, is a different issue.

My beef with this thread and the OP is

1. The accusation of being a SNOWFLAKE and a LIBERAL LUVVIE. Why start a thread with an insult in that way?
2. People who do not live in Britain telling the British people to "stand up for themselves" and "take your country back", etc, etc. Just who are you lot to tell me what to do in MY country. I live there permanently. I have to put up with this **** every day.

It is you who does not understand. It is you who only sees the blinkered version of events. The Newspaper quotes, the links to blogs, the occasional TV news item. You do not have to live in it.

A recent conversation with a friend who had just returned from the UK. When I tried to explain that she was the foreigner in Cyprus, the answer was "NO, not in our complex. We are all English there". All nice and cosy, living in her little Cyprus bubble.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:51 am 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:

That's correct Wavy. in one glib response you have said it all. So glad you could join the debate. Well done, collect your prize at the door.

Where do you think I live? Certainly not Paphos.

No, indeed I am one of the lucky ones to live in LONDON. You remember where London is, don't you?

It is the place where all the immigrants decide to gather and go around killing innocent British people. Unlike Tala or Peyia where the worst crime there is someone parking in the wrong place. Actually, even that is not a crime here.

What is your problem? You berate people on this website for actually living here in Cyprus. Why. And why do you come on to a Cypriot website anyway, if you hate us as much as you do? For your information I spent 65 years in England, paying my way and all the taxes due and never claimed for anything, so that individuals like you could could have the right to have a moan. I came out here for many reasons, and not the least of those reasons was for health. I earnt the right, as did British people who live in other countries around the world did, to live where they choose. That doesn't mean we abondoned our roots. Suggest you read your own postings/rantings and ask yourself if you are being logical?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:22 am 
Junior

What is it with Wavy Dave's (and others) repeat requesting where people live? Is this germane to the thread?

There are many people who contribute to this forum that do not live in Paphos.........so what? If they have something interesting to contribute, why not? Especially when the thread is not about Paphos.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:13 am 
Top of the pops

"The vast majority of immigrants to the UK pay there way and taxes in exactly the same way that you do here. "

Not so!! They may work, they may pay taxes, but overall they are a cost to the country. Thanks to the EU many claim in work benefits such as working tax credit, child benefit etc plus housing benefit. They also avail themselves of the NHS and schooling. Leaving the EU cuts this at a stroke. It also cancels the attraction for economic migrants.

Somewhere on here I published an article which proved this, it also proved that the heaviest burden actually falls on local authorities because taxes are paid into government coffers, but costs such as local medical services, housing, schooling are a cost to local authorities

The UK will now have the option to ensure that immigrants/migrants are able to support themselves and their families without being a burden to the existing taxpayers, they will also have the option to insert a qualifying period to ensure that they do not avail themselves of any benefits for a specified period in the future.

None of this is possible within the EU.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 am 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
"The vast majority of immigrants to the UK pay there way and taxes in exactly the same way that you do here. "

Not so!! They may work, they may pay taxes, but overall they are a cost to the country. Thanks to the EU many claim in work benefits such as working tax credit, child benefit etc plus housing benefit. They also avail themselves of the NHS and schooling. Leaving the EU cuts this at a stroke. It also cancels the attraction for economic migrants.

Somewhere on here I published an article which proved this, it also proved that the heaviest burden actually falls on local authorities because taxes are paid into government coffers, but costs such as local medical services, housing, schooling are a cost to local authorities

The UK will now have the option to ensure that immigrants/migrants are able to support themselves and their families without being a burden to the existing taxpayers, they will also have the option to insert a qualifying period to ensure that they do not avail themselves of any benefits for a specified period in the future.

None of this is possible within the EU.

How very true.
Contrast those migrants to the UK with us British retirees, in effect migrants to Cyprus.
We are no cost at all to Cyprus, in fact we are a financial gain to Cyprus:
1. We pay Cyprus taxes on our worldwide income, including pensions.
2. We bring out capital to buy property here to live in.
3. We bring out pensions and savings to live on, boosting the local economy.
4. UK pays Cyprus for any health care costs we might cause Cyprus to incur.

Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:39 am 
Regular

Multiculturalism and it's effects are of concern to everyone, no matter where you stay

Britain has had this sort of attack before, it will have them again- France, Germany and Belgium have also been on the receiving end recently. It is not just Britain that is struggling to cope with the effects of promoting "multiculturalism".

How we got ourselves into this mess and how get ourselves out of it is a topic that transcends your "location."

The Islamic aspect of multiculturalism appears to be particularly virulent strain and the sooner the appropriately monikered "luvvies" and "snowflakes" wise up to that then the better- it might prevent them having to resort to calling everyone else "bigots" and "nazis" if they dare point out the connection between Muslims killing other innocent citizens and Islamic terrorism :roll:

Pandering to every single national or religious proclivity is not how you create an integrated society. Flooding a society with aliens in the hope they will instantly adapt to their hosts way of life is naive in the extreme. You can worship whatever deity you like, but society only works if you have one set of rules for everyone and everyone is educated to respect those rules.

Multi racial and multi ethnic work fine if everyone respects and accepts the prevailing culture and rules, but it's multiculturalism (and one "culture" in particular) that is causing the problems across Europe at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 am 
Everyone on here is against Sponging Foreigners in the UK, and I totally agree....But No one mentions the Biggest Spongers of all ...Yes Folks, the Royal Family...just google Prince Edwards House and get a glimpse of the benefits this lazy ,never worked in his life, sponger gets...add many many more of his relatives to the list.....I think its very Hypercritical of many on here to winge about the little man getting benefits, then bow down to the biggest ones of all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:42 am 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
Everyone on here is against Sponging Foreigners in the UK, and I totally agree....But No one mentions the Biggest Spongers of all ...Yes Folks, the Royal Family...just google Prince Edwards House and get a glimpse of the benefits this lazy ,never worked in his life, sponger gets...add many many more of his relatives to the list.....I think its very Hypercritical of many on here to winge about the little man getting benefits, then bow down to the biggest ones of all.

Wondered when we would be hearing from you. :smilielol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:56 am 
Top of the pops

Wavy Dave wrote:
COYS wrote:

Were you hoping you wouldn't be??
:celebrate :lol:
COYS has a very valid point though. For some time now I have said the Royal Family is these days superfluous and the argument they attract more tourist revenue than they cost is no longer valid.
I would favour a federal UK, although I don't know what the Scottish trouble maker would make of that suggestion, but I can imagine what she would say. I have never heard her views on the Royal Family, has anyone on the forum?
Geoff.

Last edited by geoffreys on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am 
Regular

COYS wrote:

That is just about the most ridiculous post ever!

Geoff, from your answers do you realise that makes you an economic migrant? You settled in a foreign country for the financial benefits.

Wavy, you paid taxes so the individuals like me blah blah. How arrogant is that? Who are you to elevate yourself to such lofty heights? You earned the right to live where ever you want? Did you? How? By paying your taxes to a British government? How does that give you any rights in a foreign country. Or do you mean because you are British you can go where ever you want? That is even more arrogant. Because at the same time you want to stop someone else coming to "your" country. Is that how things are in your world?

George, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the EU!! The vast majority of immigrants come from the British Commonwealth countries and when we leave the EU then that situation will remain. EU nationals working in Britain mainly consist of French, German and Spanish. A small number come from Eastern Europe and the majority of those come with a contract to work and return when that contract expires.

Ilex, quite right. Multiculturalism and the refusal to integrate is the big issue. I fully concur with that. Now, answer this, how many so called expats in Cyprus speak Greek or have converted to Orthodox or send their children to local schools or even live in a community with Cypriots? A minority, I would say. I actually only know of one family.

What I would say is this ...

I any of you so called expats on here have an issue with Muslims, immigrants, terrorists in BRITAIN then get yourselves over there and get actively involved. Take part in rallies, attend meetings in your community , become an elected councillor or MP. YOU take your country back, YOU stand up for yourselves. But do not tell other people to do so, you do not have that right.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:33 am 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
COYS wrote:

Geoff, from your answers do you realise that makes you an economic migrant? You settled in a foreign country for the financial benefits.

Wavy, you paid taxes so the individuals like me blah blah. How arrogant is that? Who are you to elevate yourself to such lofty heights? You earned the right to live where ever you want? Did you? How? By paying your taxes to a British government? How does that give you any rights in a foreign country. Or do you mean because you are British you can go where ever you want? That is even more arrogant. Because at the same time you want to stop someone else coming to "your" country. Is that how things are in your world?

George, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the EU!! The vast majority of immigrants come from the British Commonwealth countries and when we leave the EU then that situation will remain. EU nationals working in Britain mainly consist of French, German and Spanish. A small number come from Eastern Europe and the majority of those come with a contract to work and return when that contract expires.

Ilex, quite right. Multiculturalism and the refusal to integrate is the big issue. I fully concur with that. Now, answer this, how many so called expats in Cyprus speak Greek or have converted to Orthodox or send their children to local schools or even live in a community with Cypriots? A minority, I would say. I actually only know of one family.

I any of you so called expats on here have an issue with Muslims, immigrants, terrorists in BRITAIN then get yourselves over there and get actively involved. Take part in rallies, attend meetings in your community , become an elected councillor or MP. YOU take your country back, YOU stand up for yourselves. But do not tell other people to do so, you do not have that right.

I think my earlier post make it quite clear that I know I am an economic migrant.
The point being, in reply to others, was that we are not spongers here - where we now live.
I do have an issue with extremists, whether they are muslims or anyone else; whether they are in UK, Cyprus, or any other free country.
As I do not live in Britain anymore I leave it to my family there to fight these people, and they are
involved as you suggest.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:14 pm 
Top of the pops

artlin wrote:
COYS wrote:

Artlin, Can you point out exactly where I have said I want to stop people coming to the country I was born in? I actually voted to Remain in the EU, but accept the majority verdict was Leave. You really need to check your facts before making rash statements about other members on here. I came to Cyprus, and as others have already pointed out, we are no burden on their economy, as we bring monies into the country.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:22 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:
COYS wrote:

ro

Were you hoping you wouldn't be??
:celebrate :lol:
COYS has a very valid point though. For some time now I have said the Royal Family is these days superfluous and the argument they attract more tourist revenue than they cost is no longer valid.
I would favour a federal UK, although I don't know what the Scottish trouble maker would make of that suggestion, but I can imagine what she would say. I have never heard her views on the Royal Family, has anyone on the forum?
Geoff.

Geoff, with reference to your point re The Royal Family, can I respectfully ask that you read the information on the following website please. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_ of_ the _British_royal_family#Taxation

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body