Forum Admin

First Rockerfella , now mcGuinness ,
its turning out to be not a bad week ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:36 am 
Top of the pops

Maybe we should start an honest thread for 'deaths we are not sorry to hear of'.

And avoid all the post death niceties and grovelling. An horrible man and family, similar to many.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:40 am 
Top of the pops

May he rest in peace.
Bad guy turned good!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:45 am 
Regular

Not a fan of slagging people off when they are dead, so all I can really do is leave it to Battery Sergeant Major Williams to express my sentiments exactly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZaAkuXTIz4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:28 pm 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
May he rest in peace.
Bad guy turned good!
Geoff.

Don't you mean "bad guy who got away with it"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm 
Rock Star

Rest in Peace - Rubbish I hope he rots in Hell, I spent 22 years in the Army and have experience of this mans evil ways, he was not a bad man turned good he was a con artists.
He realised that the gun was not getting him anywhere so he went into politics, never sat in the house of commons, he was evil to the core.
He was the head of the IRA in Londonderry, responsible for many deaths of innocent people, he never left the IRA you never leave the IRA, you leave when you are dead.
My last two years was in Warrington Army Careers Office, I had the privilege to meet met Mr Colin Parry who's son died with the City centre bomb blast so ask Colin if he thinks he has turned good!

Sorry about the rant.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:23 pm 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
Rest in Peace - Rubbish I hope he rots in Hell, I spent 22 years in the Army and have experience of this mans evil ways, he was not a bad man turned good he was a con artists.
He realised that the gun was not getting him anywhere so he went into politics, never sat in the house of commons, he was evil to the core.
He was the head of the IRA in Londonderry, responsible for many deaths of innocent people, he never left the IRA you never leave the IRA, you leave when you are dead.
My last two years was in Warrington Army Careers Office, I had the privilege to meet met Mr Colin Parry who's son died with the City centre bomb blast so ask Colin if he thinks he has turned good!

Sorry about the rant.

Totally agree.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:

Sorry about the rant.

Both sides of the divide had blood on their hands as did the British Army.
I doubt the peace process would have got off the ground had it not been for McGuinness' efforts.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:58 pm 
Major

A peace process wouldn't have been needed if McGuinness and his gang had obeyed the laws of the land in the first place!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:13 pm 
Forum Admin

All I can say is , the sun is shinning and its a lovely day outside .
Now please dear god , can we have gerry adams and George Soros
in the same place before the weekend . ;)

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:15 pm 
Rock Star

I will ask Geoffrey's one question, that is did you serve in Northern Ireland, if you did with who and when, after you respond then I will comment further on your reply

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm 
Top of the pops

I am delighted to hear of his death. He was an evil man. KARMA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Another one who never paid for his crimes.
It made me feel sick when I saw our Queen forced to shake hands with this murderer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:20 pm 
Junior

An evil man, let's hope Gerry Adams follows him soon .

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
Another one who never paid for his crimes.
It made me feel sick when I saw our Queen forced to shake hands with this murderer.

Why? They were both openly putting the past behind them and moving on in the quest for peace.
The Queen of course had lost her uncle Mountbatten - but she showed courage to shake his hand.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:24 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
I will ask Geoffrey's one question, that is did you serve in Northern Ireland, if you did with who and when, after you respond then I will comment further on your reply

I take it you did.
You don't have to have been in HM forces there to comment on this issue.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 pm 
Top of the pops

I have to say I agree with Geoff wholeheartedly. Unlike many politicians today, Martin McGuinness believed in what he said and stood up for it. Power sharing in Northern Ireland only came about as a result of the troubles, it just wouldn't have happened otherwise. As with many struggles around the world, the military option ran it's course, followed by a political option.
Of course, those who served in the British army in Northern Ireland will have very personal views coloured by their experiences. My father took a similar view towards Germans, as a result of his wartime experiences. But lets remember that both sides suffered during the "troubles". Have we forgotten bloody Sunday?
Northern Ireland is a relatively peaceful place now with real democracy involving the two communities. Martin McGuinness can take some of the credit for this. At one time his arch enemy was Ian Paisley, but you may remember them laughing and joking together during the establishment of power sharing, leading to them being called the Chuckle brothers.

A sincere man with a great sense of humour.

Many of you will violently disagree with what I have written. Before you attack your keyboard, have a read of this - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... s-obituary

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm 
Rock Star

Geoffrey's, I must respect your comments as this is a free forum to voice your opinions.
I asked you did you serve before I commented upon your comment regarding this man, now I know that you did not I must say that your comments that he was bad turned good are very much misplaced this is respectfully based upon your lack of knowledge of this man and what he did during and after the troubles.
Most of the members have posted similar comments regarding his background, I assure you that he is evil, regrettably I cannot for certain reasons disclose what he did during his life but I assure you he was evil.
As for the Army having blood on their hands well, they had a terrorist war to fight and could always play by the rules or innocent civilians would have died and often did due to the way the IRA acted trying to force their will upon others.
If you have issues with what I have said or do not understand the troubles there are several books on the market, when you read one of them you will change your mind.
I also have read some of your other posts regarding the UK military, they are very critical of them, do you have a hatred of our armed forces.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:28 pm 
Rock Star

My word you lot will have him made a saint next.

Read what he did to people who could not defend themselves, like the one published in the Guardian a few years back, he ordered a 15 year old boy to be knee capped because he helped a soldier who had hurt his leg trying to get away from a lynch mob. (Knee cap - a punishment where a pistol is placed behind the knee and a bullet fired smashing the knee cap)
The execution of what they called touts because they did not want anymore killings in the name of Catholicism
Acid poured down the throat of a woman who kissed a soldier on the cheek because he helped with her shopping into her car
These are published factual accounts, other things are available in the press but the ones that are not I cannot disclose.
He was responsible for all of these actions and more
He walked away from the killings because he knew if he continued then he would get what was due to him, the IRA knew the only way was via the ballot box as time for them was running out.
Read what is going on today and the IRA are still active.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:31 pm 
Rock Star

Sorry JK, but McGuinness was a truly evil man who caused misery, death and destruction to hundreds. He and Adams only turned to the Ballot box because the cause was failing, the people were turning against the violence, intimidation and murder..which actually continues to this day. He murdered and was implicit in murders, he bombed and he planned bombings, he never truly left the PIRA. You mention Bloody Sunday, McGuinness was almost certainly instrumental in the tragic events of that day. Of course being a retired member of the British Army, and having served in the province during in the late 70's, a youngster of 20 perhaps my view is indeed tainted, but even then I recognised evil when I saw it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Geoffrey's, I must respect your comments as this is a free forum to voice your opinions.
I asked you did you serve before I commented upon your comment regarding this man, now I know that you did not I must say that your comments that he was bad turned good are very much misplaced this is respectfully based upon your lack of knowledge of this man and what he did during and after the troubles.
Most of the members have posted similar comments regarding his background, I assure you that he is evil, regrettably I cannot for certain reasons disclose what he did during his life but I assure you he was evil.
As for the Army having blood on their hands well, they had a terrorist war to fight and could always play by the rules or innocent civilians would have died and often did due to the way the IRA acted trying to force their will upon others.
If you have issues with what I have said or do not understand the troubles there are several books on the market, when you read one of them you will change your mind.
I also have read some of your other posts regarding the UK military, they are very critical of them, do you have a hatred of our armed forces.

Well there are always two sides to every conflict or argument, and we could debate Ulster until the cows come home.
I have absolutely no hatred for the armed forces whatsoever. In fact I was in the CCF at school
(I/C the Signals section) and nearly joined the Army and was offered a commission at Sandhurst.
I did not as I had other ambitions - mainly to see more of the world than Ulster, etc, - but
it was a close run decision on my part. Whilst in the CCF we had an inspection by Field Marshal Montgomery and I was inspired by him!
The thing about McGuinness is he was bad, but then turned out for the better - now he has died I think we should all show him some respect; that is all I was saying about him.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Double posting in error.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:40 pm 
Major

I will show him all the respect he showed the ones he killed/maimed/bombed/terrorized and lived in fear of him and his IRA.

He was nothing more than a evil person who used fear and violence to further his own ends.
Leopards do not change their spots.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:45 pm 
Major

What's the betting that Tony (Excuse me note for the baddies but not for the British military) Blair turns up at his funeral?

What's the betting on black balaclava men with guns firing a salvo or two at his funeral? (And the Police standing by doing nothing to stop it?)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:22 pm 
Master

He was a vile man.

A murderer who condoned the killing of innocent men, women and children (and horses).

A man who only turned to 'The peace Process' because he was clever enough to realise that he might personally be charged with murder before too long.

Sadly he will get a funeral and a grave (probably with his fellow terrorists firing a volleys over his coffin as Coach said) - something denied to the families of many of his victims.

I hope he rots in hell and his fellow terrorists follow him as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:20 pm 
Major

Lest no one forget he was a vile , evil, reprehensible individual who ordered the deaths and executions of many people. Also don't forget how the IRA collected money from America mostly around NewYork and the Irish communities which supported the Rebellion as they so romantically betrayed it...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:22 pm 
[quote="Josef K"]I have to say I agree with Geoff wholeheartedly. Unlike many politicians today, Martin McGuinness believed in what he said and stood up for it. Power sharing in Northern Ireland only came about as a result of the troubles, it just wouldn't have happened otherwise. As with many struggles around the world, the military option ran it's course, followed by a political option.
Of course, those who served in the British army in Northern Ireland will have very personal views coloured by their experiences. My father took a similar view towards Germans, as a result of his wartime experiences. But lets remember that both sides suffered during the "troubles". Have we forgotten bloody Sunday?
Northern Ireland is a relatively peaceful place now with real democracy involving the two communities. Martin McGuinness can take some of the credit for this. At one time his arch enemy was Ian Paisley, but you may remember them laughing and joking together during the establishment of power sharing, leading to them being called the Chuckle brothers.

Many of you will violently disagree with what I have written. Before you attack your keyboard, have a read of this - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... s-obituary[/q

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:55 pm 
Rock Star

In the 1970's I worked for Binns ltd at the Head office in Sunderland.
Have you ever been through a bomb scare that involved the IRA.
I have a number of times at the store and unknown to me my wife was working there at the same time.
So just think you have to walk through the store not knowing if you are passing a bomb or not and will it go off next to you.
Am I happy he is dead YES!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:28 am 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:

Sorry about the rant.

Well said, not a rant just the truth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:32 am 
Rock Star

lowvoltage wrote:
My word you lot will have him made a saint next.

Definitely should be canonized out of one. :smilielol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 am 
Rock Star

Josef K wrote:
I have to say I agree with Geoff wholeheartedly. Unlike many politicians today, Martin McGuinness believed in what he said and stood up for it. Power sharing in Northern Ireland only came about as a result of the troubles, it just wouldn't have happened otherwise. As with many struggles around the world, the military option ran it's course, followed by a political option.

Many of you will violently disagree with what I have written. Before you attack your keyboard, have a read of this - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... s-obituary

Yeh well ther were some people who thought Hitler was a good man.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:37 am 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
May he rest in peace.
Bad guy turned good!
Geoff.
Yes two faced turn coat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am 
Rock Star

The truth about this evil man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -eyes.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:09 am 
Yes He was responsible for some terrible deeds, but when it comes to the Irish conflict ..no side can take the Moral high ground, all Sides have Blood on their hands.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am 
Top of the pops

Powerful writing revealing much detail of this man probably not widely known previously.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:58 am 
Forum Admin

COYS wrote:
Yes He was responsible for some terrible deeds, but when it comes to the Irish conflict ..no side can take the Moral high ground, all Sides have Blood on their hands.

such a soft response .......
So just because we have murdering S.O.B`s in other parts of the world
it makes it ok for him ??? ..

And I bet they will still fire a volley of shots at his funeral ...
once a scum bag , always a scum bag ....

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:33 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
COYS wrote:

such a soft response .......
So just because we have murdering S.O.B`s in other parts of the world
it makes it ok for him ??? ..

And I bet they will still fire a volley of shots at his funeral ...
once a scum bag , always a scum bag ....

So what about Paisley and the Loyalists? What about the British Forces (e.g. Bloody Sunday)?
They all had blood on their hands and blame.
Time to continue the peace process - mainly engineered by McGuinness, and THAT is what we should now be remembering him for.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:54 pm 
Major

Just why should he be remembered for the peace process?

HE either killed/bombed/maimed/terrorized many people and countries or organized it to happen. Just why should he be forgiven and remembered because he may have changed his spots.
He and his family have a grave and a funeral whereas a lot of people still do not know where their loved ones are and how they died.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:57 pm 
Regular

It strikes me that if these "terrorists turned peacemakers" had realised the error of their ways sooner we could have had a lot fewer problems :-(

Their terrorist acts had nothing to do with bringing about peace-it was only once these loonies realised thy could not bomb each other into submission that they got together. It was people's disgust at the antics of these assassins (and the activities of intelligence agencies and the military) that brought peace about, not the actions of these nutters themselves.

You don't congratulate, laud and praise people for stopping the killing when they were the instigators and perpetrators of it in the first place :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:40 pm 
Top of the pops

Bassman63 wrote:

Yeh well ther were some people who thought Hitler was a good man.

It appears John has invoked Godwin's law.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Agree wholeheartedly with Ilex. Whatever McGuiness did in the peace talks he did for his own endeavours, not for the sake of Ireland. The fact that he did it in the name of Ireland is something I find pretty revolting.

P

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:46 am 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
Agree wholeheartedly with Ilex. Whatever McGuiness did in the peace talks he did for his own endeavours, not for the sake of Ireland. The fact that he did it in the name of Ireland is something I find pretty revolting.

P

You could say the same about the Loyalists in Ulster during the "troubles" not to mention the British Forces.
All tarred with the same brush.
Fact is that peace finally erupted - let us all hope that continues for the good of all those residing in Ulster.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 am 
Rock Star

There are some people on this forum spouting off about things they do not know about.
Please read what transpired in 1969 when the troubles started, I wrote a paper on the troubles in the 1980's on the conflict between both sides (done under an alias because I was still serving).
Initially the troops were sent in to protect the Catholics from the protestants and the B specials, as time went by the people we were protecting turned against the crown because we were not the messiahs to deliver them a united Ireland.
The likes of McGuinness and Adams sprang up and decided upon an armed complicit, yes Bloody Sunday did the army no favours, we will never know the truth because society does not want to.
At the time Lord Widgery found that the IRA started the shootings but for the sake of the peace process the system showed the army to be at fault.
The peace process was started because Sinn Fein the political side of the IRA were up against the wall and was losing, the IRA had been infiltrated to the highest level and they knew their time was up the will and fight of the people was waning.
(Google the last interview that McGuinness did when he addressed the Bogside), also watch his coffin being carried by his family and members of the IRA.
Watch the funeral today and look carefully at those at his funeral, he never left the IRA he chose to fight a different way,

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:54 am 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
There are some people on this forum spouting off about things they do not know about.
Please read what transpired in 1969 when the troubles started, I wrote a paper on the troubles in the 1980's on the conflict between both sides (done under an alias because I was still serving).
Initially the troops were sent in to protect the Catholics from the protestants and the B specials, as time went by the people we were protecting turned against the crown because we were not the messiahs to deliver them a united Ireland.
The likes of McGuinness and Adams sprang up and decided upon an armed complicit, yes Bloody Sunday did the army no favours, we will never know the truth because society does not want to.
At the time Lord Widgery found that the IRA started the shootings but for the sake of the peace process the system showed the army to be at fault.
The peace process was started because Sinn Fein the political side of the IRA were up against the wall and was losing, the IRA had been infiltrated to the highest level and they knew their time was up the will and fight of the people was waning.
(Google the last interview that McGuinness did when he addressed the Bogside), also watch his coffin being carried by his family and members of the IRA.
Watch the funeral today and look carefully at those at his funeral, he never left the IRA he chose to fight a different way,

If you did not see PMQs yesterday I suggest you do so now and hear what the PM and the Leader
of the Opposition had to say about McGuinness.
I agree with them.
I am aware of considerable bias on this issue on this forum as many HM Forces either serving here or retired here are members and they tend to see the side of the Ulster troubles they want to see.
But that doesn't make them right.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:59 am 
Regular

To the best of my knowledge McGuiness has never "apologised" for what he did. Now an apology does not need to be an admission of guilt, but it is sometimes the only way of expressing regret and heal divisions and wounds

I don't think McGuiness regrets any of the atrocities he was involved in, quite the opposite in fact, and I have no doubt that if he thought reverting to the old ways was the best way to achieve his aims he would have done so without hesitation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:03 am 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
lowvoltage wrote:

If you did not see PMQs yesterday I suggest you do so now and hear what the PM and the Leader
of the Opposition had to say about McGuinness.
I agree with them.
I am aware of considerable bias on this issue on this forum as many HM Forces either serving here or retired here are members and they tend to see the side of the Ulster troubles they want to see.
But that doesn't make them right.
Geoff.

No Geoff I saw all sides of the troubles and indeed was caught in between the hell it was...no it don't make me right, but it doesn't make me wrong either. In the late 70s when Mr McGuinness was suppossibly a "man of peace" a poltician, he was still commanding his fellow vermin..he was evil and never changed..there is no bias....just informed fact....you really have no idea do you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:23 pm 
Top of the pops

For Hudswell:
I hope they gave you a medal for your trouble (not just a "campaign" medal).
If you read my very first post on this I said he was a bad guy turned good.
Nobody can condone what he was/did in his earlier life.
Which is exactly what the PM and Corbyn both said about McGuinness in the House yesterday.
I suppose you think they are wrong, barking up the wrong tree, also?
I suggest you are wearing blinkers, unable to see BOTH sides of the conflict, and only able
to see HM Forces there at the time as being just the good guys.
Clearly we shall just have to agree to disagree about all this, but whatever your views
and how ever much they are blinkered, at least show some respect for the man and his
efforts to bring about peace over there (whatever his motives, which don't mean a jot now anyway)
especially on the day of his funeral.
I have never seen so much hatred expressed on this forum as has been shown towards McGuinness.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:49 pm 
Major

Geoff, would you let a convicted pedophile who says he has reformed look after your kids/grandkids?

Would you invest your life saving with a person/organization that has been convicted of fraud of its customers?

Would you allow a convicted drug addict to be charge of a chemist shop?

The man IS (or was as he dead now) a terrorist and criminal that caused misery to many with his gang of drug dealers/robbers/kidnappers/extortionists and general bullies.
Peace deal for who and who got the excuse me notes from TB?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Coach wrote:
Geoff, would you let a convicted pedophile who says he has reformed look after your kids/grandkids?

Would you invest your life saving with a person/organization that has been convicted of fraud of its customers?

Would you allow a convicted drug addict to be charge of a chemist shop?

The man IS (or was as he dead now) a terrorist and criminal that caused misery to many with his gang of drug dealers/robbers/kidnappers/extortionists and general bullies.
Peace deal for who and who got the excuse me notes from TB?

So what?
You fail to acknowledge there were as many equally bad ones on the Loyalist side.
You also fail to acknowledge that HM Forces there, although they did their best most of the time,
did little to sort out things (if anything they seemed to aggravate things), and were at times
badly lead e.g. "bloody sunday" et al.
You also fail to acknowledge that our Political leaders and most MPs take the same view about
McGuinness that I do, can't condone his actions in his earlier life but that he deserves much credit for his efforts to bring about peace later.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm 
Major

Geoff the subject is Martin McGuinness not the rest of the persons involved in what happened in NI.

Also if you really listened to Mrs May she gave a good mention to his past and will she be at his funeral?
No is the answer and surprisingly enough TB and Bush have declined to go, that to me shows what they really thought about him.

I notice you failed to answer my questions about trusting convicted people.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body