Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:41 pm 
Idol

Article 50 to be triggered a week on Wednesday....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39325561

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Fylde Filly wrote:
Article 50 to be triggered a week on Wednesday....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39325561

..so up yours Mr Junkers and unelected, overpaid, and greedy EU Commissioners.
IMO
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:42 pm 
Top of the pops

About time too.
8 months of court costs, Lords vetos, none of which has prevented it, has just given 27 countries the time to think up ways of making the UK suffer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:09 pm 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
About time too.
8 months of court costs, Lords vetos, none of which has prevented it, has just given 27 countries the time to think up ways of making the UK suffer.

But while she has been steadily getting her 'ducks in a row' .... she has also given the EU time to ponder how much worse it will be for them, if they keep threatening the UK !
That's why they have been coming out with their rhetoric .... fear !
It would take a lot more than the EU tantrums to frighten the British. :sunny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm 
Rock Star

Pity she hadn't told the devolved parliaments first instead of them learning it from the BBC. Shows a lot of respect.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:30 pm 
Top of the pops

zorbathejock wrote:
Pity she hadn't told the devolved parliaments first instead of them learning it from the BBC. Shows a lot of respect.

As the BBC is the main national media .... She informed the United Kingdom !
Why put herself in the position of informing 'upper-level' equivalents of the likes of County Councils ?
Only for them to squabble who was told first .... Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:56 pm 
Top of the pops

Oh, for goodness sake. Theresa May has been left with one of the most difficult tasks for a very long time. She has had the almost impossible job of trying to placate so many differing views on Brexit. As an ex non Brexit person, as I was, I think she has done an admirable job in timing Brexit. Give her some credit for once instead of the continual moaning. :huff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:03 pm 
Top of the pops

:agree
Wavy Dave wrote:
Oh, for goodness sake. Theresa May has been left with one of the most difficult tasks for a very long time. She has had the almost impossible job of trying to placate so many differing views on Brexit. As an ex non Brexit person, as I was, I think she has done an admirable job in timing Brexit. Give her some credit for once instead of the continual moaning. :huff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:05 pm 
Top of the pops

Wavy Dave wrote:

To me she is Mrs "T" resurrected.
If she pulls this one off I might have to re-join her Party.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 pm 
Forum Admin

"BREXIT" It sounds like something you have in the morning
before going to work ...

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:47 pm 
Top of the pops

Quote:
Prime Minister Theresa May is to officially notify the European Union next Wednesday that the UK is leaving.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39325561

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:50 pm 
Regular

And Bday is something you use to get rid of unwanted Klingons :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:58 pm 

There is already a thread with this link http://www.paphospeople.com/ppforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32407&p=263466#p263466
I will merge them shortly

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
"BREXIT" It sounds like something you have in the morning
before going to work ...

A good breakfast 'sets you up for the day'.
In this instance, it's for a lot longer than that. :celebrate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 am 
geoffreys wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:

To me she is Mrs "T" resurrected.
If she pulls this one off I might have to re-join her Party.
Geoff.

Ah yes the great Mrs T, so great even her own party slung her out on her ear ole.... :crylaughin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:38 am 
Regular

"BDAY"

:crylaughin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm 
Star

Ilex wrote:
And Bday is something you use to get rid of unwanted Klingons :lol:

Does anyone remember Tiger Nuts?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:43 pm 
Top of the pops

:agree
SFD wrote:
beverley wrote:
About time too.

But while she has been steadily getting her 'ducks in a row' .... she has also given the EU time to ponder how much worse it will be for them, if they keep threatening the UK !
That's why they have been coming out with their rhetoric .... fear !
It would take a lot more than the EU tantrums to frighten the British. :sunny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:11 pm 
Idol

artlin wrote:
"BDAY"

:crylaughin

Yep! We're all headed down the pan ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 pm 
Regular

Juncker has threatened to punish the UK so badly no one else will dare leave the EU :roll: - "dare leave" :shock: - really :roll:

Not only am I astonished that anyone European would threaten a key military and economic ally in such an appalling fashion, I'm amazed he even had to issue the threat in the first place :shock: Surely if the EU is such a provider of prosperity and wealth then the simple act of leaving should be punishment enough?- why even bother trying to fine us if we are going to be so impoverished we could never pay it :lol:

Bottom line is Britain is leaving , we are leaving because we are not willing to pay into a club that is taking a totally wrong direction for the UK and the rest of it's members, and that won't listen to common sense or accept regional compromise. We would be particularly silly to pay a lump sum to an organisation whose head honcho wants to punish us would we not ?

An utter idiot in a position of power way beyond his intellect or political abilities, there will be be sensible Europeans that put this muppet back in his box before he brings about an economic catastrophe in Europe of which Germany will be the biggest victim, not the UK. The UK's debt is bad enough, but what Germany is underwriting via the ECB's QE programme is terrifying

Juncker has simply confirmed what most people with a modicum of common sense have worked out about the ambitions of the EU- whatever it costs to leave now has to be worth it on the basis of this clown's utterances alone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm 
Regular

Ilex wrote:
Juncker has threatened to punish the UK so badly no one else will dare leave the EU :roll: - "dare leave" :shock: - really :roll:

Not only am I astonished that anyone European would threaten a key military and economic ally in such an appalling fashion, I'm amazed he even had to issue the threat in the first place :shock: Surely if the EU is such a provider of prosperity and wealth then the simple act of leaving should be punishment enough?- why even bother trying to fine us if we are going to be so impoverished we could never pay it :lol:

Bottom line is Britain is leaving , we are leaving because we are not willing to pay into a club that is taking a totally wrong direction for the UK and the rest of it's members, and that won't listen to common sense or accept regional compromise. We would be particularly silly to pay a lump sum to an organisation whose head honcho wants to punish us would we not ?

An utter idiot in a position of power way beyond his intellect or political abilities, there will be be sensible Europeans that put this muppet back in his box before he brings about an economic catastrophe in Europe of which Germany will be the biggest victim, not the UK. The UK's debt is bad enough, but what Germany is underwriting via the ECB's QE programme is terrifying

Juncker has simply confirmed what most people with a modicum of common sense have worked out about the ambitions of the EU- whatever it costs to leave now has to be worth it on the basis of this clown's utterances alone

You are Nigel Farage in disquise and I claim my gold sovereign or is that guineas?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:36 pm 
Regular

Luckily it's not just Farage who has sussed Juncker out ;)

Incredibly enough very few elected European politicians (including Merkel) wanted him for the job, (he is totally the wrong guy at the wrong time) but he got it via a back room EU stitch up that Farage did indeed expose in a quite brilliant speech at the EU Parliament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmcaVDT2Uls

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 pm 
Rock Star

No....I just think Mr Juncker is displaying the traits that underlies the viciousness of the EU leaders and ther drive towards a facist state. Totally unacceptable language and vindicates the decision for the UK to leave this truly horrible organisation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:18 pm 
Top of the pops

Agree Hudswell, he's a monster of the first order.

Thanks for the link Ilex, hadn't seen that before, good speech from Farage!

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body