It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:12 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:04 am 

Paphos People doesn’t mean everyone contributing to the forum has to be in Paphos or only post about Paphos items.
We have members in the USA, Malta, Germany, France, The Middle East, The UK, Australia, South Africa; Russia and a couple of ‘the stans’………we even allow people from ‘The North’ to contribute :lol:
We have members who have houses in Cyprus but work ‘overseas’
We have members who ‘retired’ here for medical reason and the good weather but still retain property in the UK and family / connections there.
We have members who have residency here BUT fully intend to move back to the UK at a later date.
We have members who have lived in Paphos / Cyprus but who are now in another country but wish to maintain links with Paphos / Cyprus / friends.
The forum is for anyone who has anything to do with Paphos / Cyprus who wishes to post anything (within the forum rules & guidelines) that may affect their Paphos Day 2 Day life!!

There is a label that in the back of my pants that says St Michael but that doesn’t mean he is the only person who can wear them. :smilielol

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 am 
Top of the pops

That's OK, perhaps it's time to make little correction to the forum title ? To avoid confusion and eliminate corrections and notes...
Just name it as "Paphos's people Day 2 Day Life".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:40 am 
Top of the pops

Sergio wrote:
That's OK, perhaps it's time to make little correction to the forum title ? To avoid confusion and eliminate corrections and notes...

Or, just leave it as it is? I don't see any confusion. It's a forum where people from different walks of life, who live in different places, connecting and sharing via the internet. What a wonderful thing technology is!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Sergio wrote:

Sergio, it would appear that the only person confused is you. Leave well alone is what I say. :grin:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm 
Major

Hallelujah! Well said M.A.D.

Personally I feel much more informed since being a member on this site.

I've been accused of not having the appropriate credentials for being a member because I (shock horror) don't live here full time but I stand proud and say I'm staying a member.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Well said Dave (M.A.D). Doesn't matter if a person lives in Paphos or not, as long as when we British make a comment on life in Britain, we are not told we are not eligible to make a comment about the country of our birth by a member who lives in Britain. In other words, works both ways!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:17 pm 
Top of the pops

Just had a look on my profile to see when I joined this forum and it will be my 7th anniversary on Friday!
In those years I have found a huge amount of support and useful information and at times had some pretty heated conversations.
I have made friends through this forum with whom I have stayed in touch who have been a pleasure to know and only 1 who it was neccesary to walk away from.
I spent some happy years living in Cyprus and miss it very much and the aforementioned friends so this forum is important to me and will continue to be as long as it is here for us all.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:22 pm 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
Just had a look on my profile to see when I joined this forum and it will be my 7th anniversary on Friday!
In those years I have found a huge amount of support and useful information and at times had some pretty heated conversations.
I have made friends through this forum with whom I have stayed in touch who have been a pleasure to know and only 1 who it was neccesary to walk away from.
I spent some happy years living in Cyprus and miss it very much and the aforementioned friends so this forum is important to me and will continue to be as long as it is here for us all.

Good for you Beverley. Must meet up again next time you are out here. Hope all is well with you and Ray.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:46 pm 
Top of the pops

Sergio I think you either need to get a life or get out more!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:01 am 
Rock Star

Quote:

I agree, try sitting further away from your keyboard too!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am 
Regular

Good post Bev! When you have lived in Cyprus as long as we have I think we still have a lot to offer either about Cyprus,UK or wherever.
The only thing that we have to watch I think is giving incorrect advice because we are not aware of changes that might occur in Cyprus.
Certainly the posts from Bev and other returners to the UK were invaluable to me when we were planning our return.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:12 pm 
Rock Star

On the June 1st it will be 51 years since I first landed in Cyprus, a few weeks later my 19yr old wife joined me. We left in September 1967 when I was posted back to the UK and didn't return to Cyprus until 1997.
Cyprus has always been deep set in our hearts and it was always our wish to retire there.
We visit usually twice a year we look forward to our visits especially the 'Duck Pond' where we could meet PP members.
Please don't let PP get into the nasty ways CL did.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:36 pm 
Top of the pops

Bassman63 wrote:
On the June 1st it will be 51 years since I first landed in Cyprus, a few weeks later my 19yr old wife joined me. We left in September 1967 when I was posted back to the UK and didn't return to Cyprus until 1997.
Cyprus has always been deep set in our hearts and it was always our wish to retire there.
We visit usually twice a year we look forward to our visits especially the 'Duck Pond' where we could meet PP members.
Please don't let PP get into the nasty ways CL did.

:agree :goodpost Well said Bassman. Look forward to seeing you soon?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:32 pm 
Top of the pops

Topgun wrote:
Quote:

I agree, try sitting further away from your keyboard too!

Like in the next village perhaps?
:crylaughin
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:13 pm 

I joined this group after following CL for a long time (I didn't know PP existed). I am "the" member from the north ?(Bogaz, 25 km north of Famagusta (Love it)). I visit Paphos a few times each year, renting flats (lately favouring Artemis Cynthia Complex.) I love the walks around Paphos and the drive home via the northern route.

I like the whole Island!!

Larry

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body