Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:59 pm 
Rock Star

Just looking across the skyline and can see a set of spotlights flooding the sky from that ridiculously lit up house in Tala.

Surely that cannot be permitted on a flightpath that close to an airport?

I will speak with the municipality in the morning, but does anyone know if anything is actually being done about this place? I was told that the planning department were taking him to court to take down all the illegally built parts, but that was ages ago.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:35 am 
Star

There were fireworks also. 1st May last year was the same, most thought it was Easter celebrations as that was a late Easter, but it turns out that it is the birthday of the owner of that house.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:58 am 
Rock Star

Aah, that would explain why the idiot still had loud music going at gone 1 o'clock this morning!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:43 am 
Top of the pops

If you're living nearby, then I would say you're on warpath with the owner.
My thoughts is, you have not enough money to win the fight, nor a war...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:31 am 
Rock Star

Apparently the district planning officer is dealing with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 pm 
Top of the pops

you got it too serious - just wait when a new restaurant will be opened at a top of the hill and new cable-way cabins will fly over your house :D

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:45 pm 
Live and let live guys

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:53 pm 
Rock Star

COYS wrote:
Live and let live guys

So, you are saying that people should be allowed to flout the law as and when they like, even to the extent of endangering aircraft? Sorry, but I think I will pass on that one.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:16 pm 
Effsie wrote:
COYS wrote:
Live and let live guys

So, you are saying that people should be allowed to flout the law as and when they like, even to the extent of endangering aircraft? Sorry, but I think I will pass on that one.

Bit dramatic ? :crylaughin , I doubt very much they are endangering aircraft, Im sure there are more qualified people then you, ie pilots that if they thought it was dangerous it would of been dealt with.....as for your '' letting people flout the law'' if its having a party, letting off some fireworks, then yer no problem with flouting the law...Id be more upset at not getting an invite

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:49 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
COYS wrote:
Live and let live guys

that's missing here :(

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:27 pm 
Rock Star

COYS wrote:
Bit dramatic ? :crylaughin

Are we back on this nonsense again? If people aren't allowed to have their own opinions, there is not a lot of point running a forum.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:50 pm 
Effsie wrote:
COYS wrote:

Are we back on this nonsense again? If people aren't allowed to have their own opinions, there is not a lot of point running a forum.

No one said your not allowed to have an opinion?....you expressed your a opinion on a forum, and im replying stating my opinion... that's how forums work?...Respectfully, If you are really so sensitive, about getting reply's you dont like, maybe after your post, you should add ''only reply if you agree with my post''

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
Effsie wrote:
COYS wrote:

No one said your not allowed to have an opinion?....you expressed your a opinion on a forum, and im replying stating my opinion... that's how forums work?...Respectfully, If you are really so sensitive, about getting reply's you dont like, maybe after your post, you should add ''only reply if you agree with my post''

oh no ! it's more like dictatorship :(

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:17 pm 
Rock Star

COYS, on my original post I queried whether it should be acceptable to have that kind of lighting on a flightpath and asked if anyone knew if there was any progress on the efforts to get all the illegal structures removed.

You have not been able to answer any of those questions, which is fine, but maybe "Bit dramatic" and a cry laughing smilie could be viewed as an insult rather than an opinion.

I asked two questions. That was all.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm 
Effsie wrote:
COYS, on my original post I queried whether it should be acceptable to have that kind of lighting on a flightpath and asked if anyone knew if there was any progress on the efforts to get all the illegal structures removed.

You have not been able to answer any of those questions, which is fine, but maybe "Bit dramatic" and a cry laughing smilie could be viewed as an insult rather than an opinion.

I asked two questions. That was all.

And with respect, I thought your statement that lighting from a private house could endanger Aircraft flying into Pafos, a ''Bit Dramatic''...because if they were so bad, every man and airport worker would of seen them also, ...I dont see why you would get upset about my reply?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:43 pm 
Top of the pops

the lights have nothing to do with safety of air traffic from professional point of view

all other aspects of his living style and his property should be handled by Tala municipality and police dept (if it necessary)

such public escapades are just a method of venting own agenda

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 pm 
Rock Star

Gents (I assume?), I was not referring to the lights that are on every night. I was referring to the high powered spotlights shining beams of white light up into the sky at various angles. With the moisture in the air that night they were bright shafts of light that would have been distracting to any pilot on approach to the airport.

Sergio, I will assume that English isn't your first language and leave it at that.

Probably best to consider the thread done and dusted.

I will certainly think twice before posting again. So many people have left the forum this is starting to become a ghost town, which is a real shame.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:13 pm 
Effsie wrote:
Gents (I assume?), I was not referring to the lights that are on every night. I was referring to the high powered spotlights shining beams of white light up into the sky at various angles. With the moisture in the air that night they were bright shafts of light that would have been distracting to any pilot on approach to the airport.

Sergio, I will assume that English isn't your first language and leave it at that.

I will certainly think twice before posting again. So many people have left the forum this is starting to become a ghost town, which is a real shame.

Thats what I was referring too, that if they were as bad as you say, everyone would of seen them, and stopped pronto.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:46 pm 
Top of the pops

COYS wrote:
Effsie wrote:

Thats what I was referring too, that if they were as bad as you say, everyone would of seen them, and stopped pronto.

I totally agree with Effsie !

I saw that beam of light from where I was .... and it could have been seen by any aircraft over-flying. In fact, I think it might have put the warning red lights on the pylons on the hill in shadow, as that was the direction of the beam (the red lights are used to warn aircraft after all) !
As regards the, sometimes large, fireworks displays ... professional pyro-technicians are supposed to liaise with the local airport, to avoid the displays taking place when aircraft are in the area.
Maybe people would not consider it to be 'over dramatic' if a disaster did occur ?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:22 pm 
SFD wrote:
COYS wrote:
Effsie wrote:

I totally agree with Effsie !

I saw that beam of light from where I was .... and it could have been seen by any aircraft over-flying. In fact, I think it might have put the warning red lights on the pylons on the hill in shadow, as that was the direction of the beam (the red lights are used to warn aircraft after all) !
As regards the, sometimes large, fireworks displays ... professional pyro-technicians are supposed to liaise with the local airport, to avoid the displays taking place when aircraft are in the area.
Maybe people would not consider it to be 'over dramatic' if a disaster did occur ?

Im sure more qualified people then you and me, would of seen this '' Potential danger'' and acted on it. im sure they dont wait to read about it on a forum, then act.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:18 pm 
Top of the pops

Yeah, the thread came as false alarm and should die quickly and peacefully now.

"The Sky Is Falling! The Sky Is Falling!" LOL

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:

On your last point, could you please explain what evidence you base that on, as it seems a rather sweeping statement?

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:21 am 
Top of the pops

I think Effsie has a very good point regarding the spotlights.
Here in the UK we have a huge problem near airports of idiots with laser pens being shone at aircraft and in some cases flights have been returned as the Pilots have been temporarily blinded.
Let us hope that the "live and let live" people feel the same when an aircraft is bought down due to this behaviour. ( Gof forbid it never happens)
I also agree with her that a lot of members have left or don't post any more because of those who do take you to task for not agreeing with their particular opinion. I did think long and hard before posting tonight but felt Effsie could do with some support.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:41 am 
Rock Star

Thank you Beverley.

You have also reminded me that during the same evening someone from where I guess must have been Chlorakas was shining a green laser pen at the illuminated house, which is in itself also dangerous on a flightpath.

Anyway, thanks again for your comments.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:00 am 

The subject of the Tala Eiffel tower or Plasma ball has been covered before

http://www.paphospeople.com/ppforum/search.php?keywords=Eiffel+tower&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:34 am 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
Here in the UK we have a huge problem near airports of idiots with laser pens being shone at aircraft and in some cases flights have been returned as the Pilots have been temporarily blinded.
Let us hope that the "live and let live" people feel the same when an aircraft is bought down due to this behaviour. ( Gof forbid it never happens)

that's style of discussion is forbidden - you're artificially bring totally different point to gain attention to the false alarm, instead of "stop the fire" tsk,tsk,tsk
why not tie explosive devices blowing aircrafts to the thread too ? or global warming ? or LGBT problems ? geez ...

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:03 am 
I just hope the Cyprus civil Aviation authority read this thread, otherwise we are going to have a major disaster :banghead

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:25 am 
beverley wrote:
I also agree with her that a lot of members have left or don't post any more because of those who do take you to task for not agreeing with their particular opinion. I did think long and hard before posting tonight but felt Effsie could do with some support.

Sorry but why bring laser lights into this discussion, and also why try and link it to ''live and live people'' cheap shot, in my opinion, , surely public forums are a place were people who dont agree with each other, discuss matters....as long as no one abuses another member then wheres the problem.....if some people are so sensitive they leave the forum because others dont agree with them, then surely its they who have a problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am 
Rock Star

COYS wrote:
Sorry but why bring laser lights into this discussion, and also why try and link it to ''live and live people'' cheap shot, in my opinion, , surely public forums are a place were people who dont agree with each other, discuss matters....as long as no one abuses another member then wheres the problem.....if some people are so sensitive they leave the forum because others dont agree with them, then surely its they who have a problem.

The point of this thread was me asking if anyone knew if there had been any progress regarding the action to get these things removed.

If I had asked whether members thought that the lights, extensions etc. were acceptable then yes, we could all have a discussion. But I didn't, yet you and others took it as an opportunity to belittle those whose opinions you felt were wrong or differed from yours.

On the basis that, presumably, you weren't able to answer my question, if you hadn't posted on the thread then none of this would have happened.

I don't believe it is about people being sensitive. It is more about the aggressive and offensive stance taken by some members. You may think that the way you post to and about others is entirely reasonable but I can assure you that it isn't, and I know I am not alone in thinking that.

This is supposed to be a forum for adults, but if we cannot all behave like one then there isn't a lot of hope.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:34 am 
Top of the pops

Effsie wrote:
The point of this thread was me asking if anyone knew if there had been any progress regarding the action to get these things removed.

there is no such action, nor will be - it's harmless for people, animals, trees, bushes, flowers and aircrafts

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:39 am 
Effsie wrote:
COYS wrote:

If I had asked whether members thought that the lights, extensions etc. were acceptable then yes, we could all have a discussion. But I didn't, yet you and others took it as an opportunity to belittle those whose opinions you felt were wrong or differed from yours.

On the basis that, presumably, you weren't able to answer my question, if you hadn't posted on the thread then none of this would have happened.

I don't believe it is about people being sensitive. It is more about the aggressive and offensive stance taken by some members. You may think that the way you post to and about others is entirely reasonable but I can assure you that it isn't, and I know I am not alone in thinking that.

This is supposed to be a forum for adults, but if we cannot all behave like one then there isn't a lot of hope.

Could you please show me where I haven't acted like an Adult??, as I said this is a public forum, where a range of people post, as in the real world you get those who like to waffle on and on, you get some who like to get to the point with out waffling,as long as no one is abusive then I dont see the problem... im sure the mods wont stand for abusive posts, so we will have to agree to disagree.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body