Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 am 
Top of the pops

Just picked up the May 2008 Paphiakos "What's Happening" magazine, and read with interest that they launched their "New Shelter Appeal" 2 years ago, and so far have raised CY£12,500...................apart from thinking that they had been raising money for the new shelter a lot longer, it does seem like quite a small figure raised in 2 years given all the donations etc........ especially when you consider PAWS raised over CY£400,000 in 4 years which has enabled them to buy land and build their new dog shelter................perhaps people need to dig a bit deeper to help support Paphiakos? or am I missing something here? :shock:

chris

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:21 am 
Top of the pops

Judge wrote:
Just picked up the May 2008 Paphiakos "What's Happening" magazine, and read with interest that they launched their "New Shelter Appeal" 2 years ago, and so far have raised CY£12,500...................apart from thinking that they had been raising money for the new shelter a lot longer, it does seem like quite a small figure raised in 2 years given all the donations etc........ especially when you consider PAWS raised over CY£400,000 in 4 years which has enabled them to buy land and build their new dog shelter................perhaps people need to dig a bit deeper to help support Paphiakos? or am I missing something here? :shock:

chris

:clap :clap :goodpost

Chris it is very hard to get people to donate a small amount.I myself have try to raise some money for bluecross animal shelter, and,90% of people just walk by and take no notice of you. But when i have been out and about i norm take £70/100 per day. Not bad :?: but it cost bluecross £200 per day just to keep it opened. Unless you make people stop and look at what happening, and force them to see some poor dog get beatings and hunger, they just walk passed as if it has nothing to do with them. It such a shame really, that people only think of themselves and not others.

It's life Chris, just to make the best you can out of a very bad situation, and try to make people see, what really going on out there, and the suffering. If i took a sick dog around with me,that needs food and care, then 99% of people would give something, as they can see the dog needs food and care.

Ok i am off, as i can see i going to go into one again :doh

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body