Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:17 pm 
Regular

Well it has been quite a busy and stressful day - actually got up at 3.30 -lots to do and removal men were with us at 8.30. Had a spot of lunch,final clean and then down to Paphos for our 3 nights in the Aquamare Hotel paphos before flying back to the UK.
We booked the hotel on line direct with the Hotel,got my conf and paid a deposit of 52 euros. Our print out conf clearly shows this as paid and the balance due on arrival.So we arrived checked in and they requested the full amount so I showed them my receipt which clearly shows the amount paid and balance due. They would not accept this and asked me to produce a bank statement. Of course I can't and my bank account is closed so I could not even go on line to prove to them.We were both getting angry at this stage and said the only payment we would make was the balance due or we would go.Asked to speak to the manager of the Aquamare Hotel paphos and they refused our offer and said if we wanted to go then go and refused to refund the disputed deposit.
Never again wiil we use the Aquamare hotel in paphos, We are now in the Athena.
It has left us with a very sour taste.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:30 pm 
Top of the pops

Poppytim wrote:
Well it has been quite a busy and stressful day - actually got up at 3.30 -lots to do and removal men were with us at 8.30. Had a spot of lunch,final clean and then down to Paphos for our 3 nights in the Aquamare hotel in paphos, before flying back to the UK.
We booked the hotel on line direct with the Hotel,got my conf and paid a deposit of 52 euros. Our print out conf clearly shows this as paid and the balance due on arrival.So we arrived checked in and they requested the full amount so I showed them my receipt which clearly shows the amount paid and balance due. They would not accept this and asked me to produce a bank statement. Of course I can't and my bank account is closed so I could not even go on line to prove to them.We were both getting angry at this stage and said the only payment we would make was the balance due or we would go.Asked to speak to the manager and they refused our offer and said if we wanted to go then go and refused to refund the disputed deposit.
Never again will we use the Aquamare hotel in paphos, We are now in the Athena.
It has left us with a very sour taste.

Sorry to hear that the Aquamare hotel in paphos, has been so awkward.
At least you will spend a few days in a much better hotel ... ( Athena Beach or Royale). We used to holiday at the Athena Beach, before the Royale was built. We never had cause to complain. Enjoy your stay and I hope you settle into your new home very quickly. Best wishes !

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:16 pm 
Idol

Poppy, who did you book with?

If directly with the hotel you should have email confirmation but if with other online websites such as BookCyprus or Booking.com you should also have the confirmation of that too....

Don't let it go - you can always follow up once you are in UK.

Sorry to hear it was a bad taste at the end of your time in Cyprus - never a good thing to leave on a bum note :-(

However, let's hope your last couple of days are relaxed and stress free. Time to reflect and look forward to your new life ahead.

We're finding picking up the pieces from where we left off are actually quite enjoyable ;) Recently returned from a short trip to visit a friend (our ex-next door neighbour when we were in UK) for a 60th birthday party in Jersey for the weekend. Nice place, very expensive, fabulous beaches but not a lot going on in the nightlife or entertainment department..... we will visit again in better weather, but not somewhere we envisage revisiting year in, year out.

Now thinking of where to take our first "proper" holiday..... the planning of the event has always been my favourite part of the "journey" but I absolutely detest the messing about with what goes in and comes out of the suitcase at the start and end of each trip!

Have a fantastic adventure - I'm positive all will be as you expect it. At least we all speak the same language ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 pm 
Rock Star

I know lots of people pay bills and book things and buy stuff over the Internet and they say it is all sun and roses, well not my experience or yours on this occasion.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:03 am 
Top of the pops

Awwww Shelagh, how awful for you. Hard to believe that people can still behave like this in 2017! Not good memories to take back. But there must be hundreds of positive images and experience from your time here that will be etched in your memories forever. Keep them safe.

Let it go til you get back to UK and settled in. Contact your bank here in Cyprus and I'm pretty sure duplicate statements should be available, then sock it to the Aquamare.

I for one will never even think of staying there, nor will any friends and family of mine .

Really hope you will enjoy your last few days here. Have a good trip back, stay in touch and let us have detais of your settling in, just like Jules has done, some of us enjoy it!! Happy landings x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Don't forget to put a suitable review on Trip Adviser, for the hotel and th booking agency. People do look and make their holiday decisions accordingly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:03 pm 
Top of the pops

Good point JK, missed that one!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:15 am 
Regular

Yes already put on Trip Advisor Joseph thank you! We booked direct with the Hotel which makes it worse imo as the conf was on their headed paper!! They also said that they never take deposits as you allowed to cancel up to 3 days prior to arrival but when we got to this hotel which is lovely we checked on their web site terms and conditions which clearly says that if you cancel up to 3 days before then your deposit will be refunded which clearly proves that they DO take deposits!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:43 am 
Top of the pops

Aquamare have responded on Facebook.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:36 pm 
Regular

Yes thanks George - just received the e mail from them! They are lying through their teeth as we did ask to see the Manager ,they went in the room behind the reception and said and I quote "the manager says you can go"

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body