Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 am 
Top of the pops

Reading on another thread Lancaster Lad said he hadn't got a certificate of completion and was unlikely to get one. I didn't want to hi-jack the thread by asking the question on there.

John - no certificate of completion? You should be able to get one of those shouldn't you? You may not get your title deeds, but our solicitor wouldn't let us pay all our monies over until we had the certificate of final completion. We now have our title deeds, too.

I am asking because I was under the impression that although title deeds can be an issue, it is not wise to buy a property that does not have a certificate of final approval. Am I wrong? Have I confused it with something else?

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Image

http://coecyp.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 am 
Top of the pops

Verity,

From what I have been led to believe the title deeds cannot be got without the certificate of final approval and that is what takes so long. Sometimes developers are not in a hurry to put in for that final certificate, but also the powers that be only work part time and with the boom everything is years behind. We were told in March last year that our title deeds should be ready in a month or two well we are still waiting and no sign of the certificate of final approval either. In fact I must check our contract because I was sure that our solicitor put a clause in it to say we would get them within 3 years and it is nearly 4 now.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:47 am 
Forum Admin

if the house has been built without planning
and there is something wrong with the structure
then this would stop him getting a completion certificate,
which would stop him getting title deeds

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:18 pm 
Idol

Hi

Verity and Neil I can explain till John is back on line. His house was built by Liasides ! He is a step further on than us though, he has a house.

[What if the Hokey cokey is what it's all about

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 2:20 pm 
Idol

Hi John

Well done on handing in your resignations. I know how long you and Rosemary have looked forward to the day. :congrat

Hope to see you all this summer.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 am 
Regular

Thanks everyone for answering whilst I was offline. Do not think any of Liasides clients have Certificates of Final Completion.
Our planning permission ran out in January and it has had to be renewed at our expense.
We have also found out....... you can guess....... that there are loans outstanding on our plot.
But, we have a lovely, well built villa. Hopefully.
On a more cheerful note, notice of our resignation now handed in to her Ladyship. A teacher, by the name of John Foster, was absent today, so we all received e-mails, "John F off" Yes, I get the message. Amazing how relaxed we both feel.
Unfortunately, we have become too cynical of new initiatives. The latest buzz word is, "Success Criteria", which is being pushed to the limit in Primary Schools, and yet Secondary teachers have not come across it. We also have "no hands up" which has been replaced by thumbs up if you know the answer. I upset the hierachy when I am being observed by having a section of the lesson when the children shout out answers. That is not on their crib sheet of good practice, so I get critisised and then have great fun in justifying it. Just seems no room anymore for good, individual teachers with their own teaching styles who are able to get results.
However, still enjoy the day to day teaching bit of my job. Still rewarding. Seven weeks ago we admitted a 7 year old girl from Afghanistan. She was very wary of any adult in school. No English, but in seven weeks, she is able to work at the level of the children in her class, and in Maths, at a higher level. Still not speaking openly, but reading beautifully. And, she is now trusting the adults in the school. Just a pity she lives on one of the worst housing estates in the country, as featured on GMTV this week. However, she will escape from this environment, either through her father getting a professionally paid job, which is probably very likely, as he is doing every course he can as an assylum seeker or through her in the future.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:00 pm 
Idol

Hi John

The last part of your posting really does make us teachers remember why we do what we do. As you know I am with you wholeheartedly on the PC ness of our profession. I am also saddened by the lack of respect teachers are given (and I am talking adults here). I am from a family of generations of teachers and they were respected members of the community as were the police, doctor, midwife etc. But that seems to have all gone now and some children are being taught by their parents to have no respect for us which makes teaching all the harder.
Without being too cliche, you and Rosemary will be able to content yourselves with the knowledge that you have made a difference to many peoples lives over the years and not everyone can say that. :clap

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Handing in your notice. What a lovely feeling. I remember it well.

I still work in my chosen profession, but in a much nicer environment where I can give time to my ladies and one to one care. And I love working two days a week (three max) and having five days off! Bonus!! :lol:

Have you read A Thousand Splendid Suns, John? It is very revealing about life in Afghanistan for women. Made me cry. I know it is only a novel, but it is written by an Afghani and is based on fact. Strangely enough, some of the Cypriot customs are quite similar.

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. Image

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:33 pm 
Regular

Thanks for all your kind messages.
Verity, I've made a note of that book and will read it when I have a little more time on my hands. :D

Tree pollen season in Rochdale, so Hayfever started last night. Our flat is surrounded by trees, and the pollen from the catkins is really getting to Rachel and I.
Rachel has her GCSE PE theory exam tomorrow. She went through a packet of tissues today. Fingers crossed, just hope she remembers everthing she has learnt.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:21 am 
Top of the pops

Best of luck to Rachel today. I am sure she will ace it.

Hayfever is miserable, so I hope it doesn't get her down.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body