It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm 

The station is still on air this morning - insofar as a mostly automated jukebox along with a breakfast show where the host is sitting in Wolverhampton not Paphos can be called on air!

It was off air a few days ago for pre-planned work by CYTA at the transmitter site but that was totally unrelated to this matter.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 pm 
Top of the pops

Martin wrote:
The station is still on air this morning - insofar as a mostly automated jukebox along with a breakfast show where the host is sitting in Wolverhampton not Paphos can be called on air!

It was off air a few days ago for pre-planned work by CYTA at the transmitter site but that was totally unrelated to this matter.

I didn't realise he wasn't in Paphos until someone told me last week. I, probably like most people just assumed he was local.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:37 pm 
Rock Star

In is on air at present.

Alan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:35 am 
Top of the pops

Martin wrote:

As a matter of interest, how do you know the host is sitting in Wolverhampton?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:18 pm 

Wavy Dave wrote:
Martin wrote:

As a matter of interest, how do you know the host is sitting in Wolverhampton?

No great secret about it. He presents the breakfast show live on Signal 107 in Wolverhampton - see station website link: https://www.signal107.co.uk/on-air/dicky-dodd/ He can't be in Wolverhampton and Paphos at the same time - and he is definitely in Wolverhampton weekday mornings! A friend who works on another station in the area told me that the Sunshine Radio links are pre-recorded and slotted into the playout by the wonders of modern technology.

That said, I noticed this morning that there was no Dicky Dodd on Sunshine nor any news bulletins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:08 pm 
Rock Star

Sounds, or rather it doesn't, ominous.

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:17 am 
Rock Star

It may well be that now MrBeech has been convicted of this heinous crime, to people in the industry, Sunshine Radio has become toxic and not an organisation to be associated with and so those involved may have left to protect their reputations.

Alan

Last edited by emgeeb on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:53 am 
Forum Admin

I think that after he is sentenced , we will compile a list
of business`s that are still supporting a radio station with advertising,
that is owned by time serving convicted Paedophile, who interfeared with an 11 year old child .
this list can then be published on many of the cyprus/ paphos based social media pages / forums / press etc ,
and then we can leave it up to the public to decide if they would still like to support these companies ..
I can assure you I will not be using any of them again ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil wrote:
that is owned by time serving convicted Paedophile, who interfeared with an 11 year old child .
this list can then be published on many of the cyprus/ paphos based social media pages / forums / press etc ,
and then we can leave it up to the public to decide if they would still like to support these companies ..

Without sitting in judgement ....
It is sad to penalise other, innocent, hard working employees ... due to crimes comitted by their boss or associate !
We do not know the full picture !
If you had an employee, Neil, who had committed a crime ... Would you think it was fair that you should be boycotted, if you were not party to that crime ?

Last edited by SFD on Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:53 pm 
Rock Star

Neil

Be careful please, you don't want to get involved in any legal stuff that may harm your we'll run business.

Regards

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:32 pm 
Rock Star

Neil, You have a great standing in the community, I totally agree with the last two posts, to tar everyone with the same brush may be a bit off the mark, sometimes my friend, as the saying goes let sleeping dogs lie, because if stirred they may come back to bite. You could end up in a court for slander and you do not deserve that. Let the law do its bit and keep your good name.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:20 pm 
Forum Admin

SFD wrote:
Neil wrote:

Without sitting in judgement ....
It is sad to penalise other, innocent, hard working employees ... due to crimes comitted by their boss or associate !
We do not know the full picture !
If you had an employee, Neil, who had committed a crime ... Would you think it was fair that you should be boycotted, if you were not party to that crime ?

I have been in a situation where it became known to me that a person that worked for me
was indeed on the sex offenders list , I had no other choice than to severe myself from anything to do with this person as I could not be seen to have any dealing with such a person.

Even anyone who still wishes to be employed by such a beast , should hang there heads in shame, you know that your boss abused an 11year old girl and you still want to work for him
SHAME,SHAME ON THEM...
As for legal ramafications, there is no law that that says you cannot make public the names of anyone who is doing business with a convicted Pedo

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:33 pm 
Top of the pops

lowvoltage wrote:
Neil, You have a great standing in the community, I totally agree with the last two posts, to tar everyone with the same brush may be a bit off the mark, sometimes my friend, as the saying goes let sleeping dogs lie, because if stirred they may come back to bite. You could end up in a court for slander and you do not deserve that. Let the law do its bit and keep your good name.

Apologies but just to clarify that slander is spoken - libel is written!

:-(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:42 pm 
Rock Star

Neil

Once again this morning, there were no humans involved in the breakfast show apart from whoever is putting the tapes on a machine. Perhaps they anticipated your advice and got out at an acceptable time, I've, once Mr Beech had been convicted. Respectfully, Neil, in law we are innocent until proven guilty.

Please be careful.

Regards

Alan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:09 pm 

emgeeb wrote:
Neil

Once again this morning, there were no humans involved in the breakfast show apart from whoever is putting the tapes on a machine. Perhaps they anticipated your advice and got out at an acceptable time, I've, once Mr Beech had been convicted. Respectfully, Neil, in law we are innocent until proven guilty.

Please be careful.

Regards

Alan

He HAS been to trial and proven guilty, remanded in Nicosia prison to attend a 'mitigation' court appearance on the 11th which he did. The judge ordered him to be further detained and is due back in court for sentencing on the 24TH
I would have thought 8 -10 years BUT I saw in the Cyprus Mail, a very similar case involving a Cypriot and he was only given 3 years!!! :huff

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:14 pm 
Top of the pops

A mere 3 years for terrifying a child is criminal in itself. Shame on Cyprus - yet again.

And yes, I do know it was in the past, but Cyprus really does still need to get its legal system sorted out and ratified.

Where's the EU when it's needed??? Sitting on its backside coining it in. Quelle surprise Junker!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:29 pm 
Rock Star

Two Things,
Dolly thank you for the correction, nice to see you were paying attention.
Neil Fair point mate, will concede that one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 pm 

emgeeb wrote:
Neil

Please be careful.

Regards

Alan

Some nonsense has appeared on the station's Facebook page this morning about the breakfast show taking a couple of weeks holiday that they forgot to take earlier in the year! Dicky Dodd must be having a working holiday then as he was live on Signal 107 in the UK this morning. I suspect they're just playing for time now and trying to work out what to do next.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 pm 
Forum Admin

Martin wrote:
emgeeb wrote:
Neil

Please be careful.

Regards

Alan

Some nonsense has appeared on the station's Facebook page this morning about the breakfast show taking a couple of weeks holiday that they forgot to take earlier in the year! Dicky Dodd must be having a working holiday then as he was live on Signal 107 in the UK this morning. I suspect they're just playing for time now and trying to work out what to do next.

more like Dicky Dodd has dumped them ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:54 pm 
Major

I realise the link now with Wolverhampton, Signal 107 is based there.
Has anyone tried contacting Dicky Dodd to ask him what’s going on? He’s on breakfast Monday to Friday this coming week. Busmans holiday!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm 
Rock Star

Linda28 wrote:

I think if you read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_1
you will see that they are in fact based in Stoke. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:52 pm 

J B wrote:
Linda28 wrote:

I think if you read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_1
you will see that they are in fact based in Stoke. :)

No that is Signal 1. Signal 107 is a different station although part of the same company https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_107

Daytime programmes on Signal 107 come from Wolverhampton although I think programmes at night do come from Stoke.

Anyway, I think the main point is I doubt we will hear Dicky Dodd on Sunshine again!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 pm 
Forum Admin

After tomorrow , I will be collecting names of people to contact that
are still happy to support this child abusers business .
:huff

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:33 pm 
Forum Admin

I have just been informed by my source that
Sandy beach was given a sentence of 5 years today ..

seems very light to me ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:24 pm 
Top of the pops

Do they serve the full 5 Years here...or is it the same as in the uk where they only serve part of their time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:27 pm 
Idol

Much too lenient! Hope he serves his term here [ tougher jail] - and then gets deported to the UK.

Qui me amat, amet et canem meum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:03 pm 
Top of the pops

Minerva wrote:
Much too lenient! Hope he serves his term here [ tougher jail] - and then gets deported to the UK.

I have great sympathy for his victim ... and hope that she will be able to eradicate her memories of him, as soon as possible
I hope he has to serve a 'full sentence'.
But I hope that no-one penalises those who worked for him (with no knowledge of his crime).

Last edited by SFD on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:17 pm 
Rock Star

There must have been one hell of a high tide if there is a Sandy Beach in Nicosia.
:crylaughin

Last edited by Paul & Lesley on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:24 pm 
Idol

Not funny - serious crime against a child!

Qui me amat, amet et canem meum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:28 pm 
Rock Star

I have extracted this from Cyprus mail online, if I am reading this correctly he has more than five years, it reads 4 x 5 and 4 x 3, it looks as though he will do at least 32 years or am I wrong.

FROM CYPRUS MAIL ONLINE
A 45-year-old British man was sentenced to five years in prison on Friday in connection with four incidents of sexual abuse of his partner’s 11-year-old daughter between May and August 2015.
The Paphos criminal court held closed hearings for 18 months and found the man guilty on November 6.

On Friday, he was handed four five-year jail terms for each of the sexual abuse counts, as well as four three-year jail sentences for each of four sexual exploitation of children counts and an additional two-year jail term for each of the charges of indecent assault against a woman.
However, all sentences will run concurrently.
The court expressed dismay and repulsion at the nature of the offences, and said it took into account the close family bond created between the defendant and the victim, as well as the relationship of trust and influence he abused.
Mitigating factors, the court said in its ruling, were the defendant’s clean criminal record, his personal and family circumstances, and the consequences of imprisonment on him.
The man’s lawyer is expected to appeal the ruling.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:32 pm 
Rock Star

The sentences are running concurrently so five years is the maximum. They are not running consecutively.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:56 pm 
Forum Admin

Minerva wrote:

I am informed that he will be met at the prison gates on his release
day by immigration officers , he will be re-arrested and taken to the airport
and deported .
If it is what the police claim is a seroius crime , they are allowed to deport
the person and ban them from the island ..
:greetings bye bye ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:02 pm 
Top of the pops

zorbathejock wrote:
The sentences are running concurrently so five years is the maximum. They are not running consecutively.

That's what I thought as well. Can't understand the court doing that, as 5 years is the maximum term he will serve.
Deserves a much longer sentence and deportation at the end of it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:32 pm 
Idol

So I take it nothing moved forward following the discussion in Cyprus since 2014 :evil:

STRICT penalties for people who engage in the sexual abuse of minors are stipulated in a bill proposed by the government, with sentences ranging in most cases from 25 years to life imprisonment.
The bill – to bring Cyprus law in line with that of the EU – was discussed at the House Legal Affairs committee yesterday and Monday and a final version is expected to be put to a plenum vote within the month.

According to the bill, anyone who forces a child to engage in a sexual act, or even observe a sexual act is guilty of a felony and can be sentenced to up to 25 years of imprisonment. The legal age of consent in Cyprus is 17.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/06/04/stric ... x-abusers/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:42 pm 
Top of the pops

I've searched excessively on t'internet and there seems to be quite complicated legal and social discussions on consecutive v concurrent and I'm afraid I have no answers. I'm just glad he's in jail and can no longer perpetuate his indiscretions on children. That has to be a huge positive for the innocents concerned.

I care not one jot what happens to this scum once he's released. His fingerprints and DNA will be on record so he won't be able to move again without being tracked and traced.

Praise the Lord.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:37 pm 

So this guy has got 5 years in jail for this despicable act and the court took into consideration his clean criminal record, his personal family circumstances and the effect that imprisonment will have on him. Unbelievable!

http://cyprus-mail.com/2017/11/24/man-s ... sex-abuse/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:03 pm 

Interesting thread on the PEG Expat Group on Facebook started by a business that has tried to get its adverts removed from Sunshine Radio but can’t manage to make this happen as there is nobody left at the station who can do this. Other businesses have apparently had the same experience. The ads are literally stuck in the playout system and will keep on playing. The station really is operating on autopilot now

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:51 am 
Rock Star

It might not be to long before someone flicks the off switch at Sunshine radio.
Who is paying the electric bills, just wait for the sound of the click when it turned off!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:22 pm 
Junior

Sandy Beech is a lot of things, but I don't think he's an idiot.
I suspect before his conviction, he arranged for somebody to run the station in his absence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:17 pm 
Master

Sunshine Radio
Post by Dominic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:16 pm

I just read this on facebook and thought it worth sharing here:

Sunshine Radio
I have just joined PEGS to put those interested in regards the current status of Sunshine Radio in the picture.
Mr Sandy (Beech) Preston is no longer a director of Sunshine Radio Ltd, the controlling company.
Both Ms Nicola Gibson and myself are newly appointed directors and have been shareholders since the company was formed.
There are currently technical and legal issues which we have to overcome before we can take full control of the output of the station. It is unfortunately not quite as simple as flicking a switch!
Technically Mr Preston is still a major shareholder in the company however after we meet with the licensing authority, companies house and legal council this may change.
Regards lack of communications from myself or Nicky, We have been impeded in our takeover of the station and so all we can do is offer our sincerely apologies to all our advertisers. We will contact each of you personally as soon as possible.
I am the original founder and licensee of the station and would like to thank you all for your support of the station and our advertisers throughout the past 3+ years.
We already have new and familiar management in place but I am unable to give a time as to when a formal switchover will take place, possibly under a completely new brand.
I'll be happy to answer any questions or if you prefer feel free to message me privately via Facebook Messenger.
David Shapiro

It was also pointed out on another thread, that the mother of the children affected is also a 40% shareholder.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:26 pm 
Forum Admin

David has been asked a few times on that thread if he is a friend of sandy beech,
but as yet he has not answered , though he has answered many other questions since
the friend question was asked .. ??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:46 pm 
Top of the pops

I'm astonished that anyone could either continue to remain to be a 'friend' of a convicted child abuser, or deny that he is a 'friend' of a convicted child abuser. Very strange times in which we live folks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:13 pm 
Forum Admin

I also wonder why he changed has name to sandy beech
when he came to Cyprus ? when infact his real name is Karl Preston ..?
why would you do that .. ?

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:24 pm 
Top of the pops

If his shares/directorships etc are in the name Sandy Beech then the name would/should have been changed officially.

Live your dreams.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body