Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:24 pm 
Master

Having recommended Neil's bacon butties to friends we were surprised that the cafe wasn't open today - no furniture to be seen either. Hope all is well and this was just temporary.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:25 pm 
Top of the pops

yeah, not seen the cafe open last few Sundays ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:03 am 

I had heard that a couple of weeks ago, whilst she was on her own at the market cafe, Oxana had been viciously verbally attacked by a man (for want of a better word) and that Neil has now ‘withdrawn’ from the market.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 am 
Star

What a sad world we live in . Why can't some people just hold their tongue .

The cafe will be greatly missed , it was such a nice meeting place .

I hope Oxana and Neil are both well , and wish you all the best for the future .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:00 pm 
Major

That is outrageous and such a shame if true. I always enjoyed a sausage or bacon roll there on a Sunday morning, a real pity.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:30 pm 
Forum Admin

M.A.D wrote:
I had heard that a couple of weeks ago, whilst she was on her own at the market cafe, Oxana had been viciously verbally attacked by a man (for want of a better word) and that Neil has now ‘withdrawn’ from the market.

Unfortunately this is true, my wife was viciously verbally attacked by
A member of the market management,
For no apparent reason , the comments from his foul mouth should never be said to anyone.
They have always treated us bad, as they wanted to push us out in order to take our business,
My wife is a very polite and timid person who would not offend anyone
And it is for this reason that we have withdrawn our support to the market.

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:06 pm 
Top of the pops

Definitely not good business on the part of the management - why not call their bluff and open a hot snacks van at the end of the road?!

:rocky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:11 pm 

:clap Well done Neil and Oxana

It's a disgrace that 'a man' should talk to a woman like that. I for one won't be back at the Duckpond....I am sure I will still be able to get one of your 'World Famous' bacon rolls at another location :grin:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:30 pm 
Graduate

Neil wrote:
M.A.D wrote:

Unfortunately this is true, my wife was viciously verbally attacked by
A member of the market management,
For no apparent reason , the comments from his foul mouth should never be said to anyone.
They have always treated us bad, as they wanted to push us out in order to take our business,
My wife is a very polite and timid person who would not offend anyone
And it is for this reason that we have withdrawn our support to the market.

Such a shame as we always looked forward to a bacon buttie and a cup of tea when we came down. The Duck Pond is the real loser as it will not be the same without you two there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:49 pm 
Idol

Good for you both Neil and Oxana in standing up for what you believe in and not bowing down to feeling you have to stay there for financial reasons.

It sounds like you have a very good following and support, so I do hope you can set up your bacon buttie van in a place which will show this poor excuse of a "man" that you mean business and stuff his bullying tactics!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:17 pm 
Star

How on earth can anyone verbally abuse a tiny ,lovely person like Oxana ...Apparently his name is Don and can only described as vermin..Personally we pop down paphos maybe once a month and always frequent the market only to see oxana but do a bit of shopping while there.Don is a dirty foulmouthed poor excuse for a man...Hope I am visiting Paphos when karma comes calling Don you pig ...Till we meet again ..
:tickedoff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:31 am 
Top of the pops

Their loss Neil.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:24 pm 
Master

Wow - certainly didn't expect that! Sorry to read that it all ended in such an unpleasant way particularly after such a long association with the Duck Pond.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:27 pm 
Top of the pops

Well that is unbelievable. Such arrogance from a foul mouthed person. The thing is what are we going to now for our cuppa and butty.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:31 pm 
Star

If taking the cafe business was part of their plan, then all PP members who frequent the place should boycott the cafe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:33 pm 
Top of the pops

I'm pretty sure most on here would anyway Uncle D. I don't frequent the duckie that often, but they wouldn't get my custom now that's for sure. In fact, i'll make no effort to go there now full stop and source my craft stuff elsewhere. Sorry for the charity organisations involved. This oik has done far more ill than good, bad for the duckie as a whole, let alone Neil and Oxana.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:06 am 

Hi Neil,
sorry to here all this re the Duckpond.
Who rents out the car park opposite? If it's nothing to do with the Duckpond then couldn't you rent a spot on there and meet customers as they go in, or are coming out.
Failing that what about the other area in front of the large Grey house, I'm sure the lady there would allow you to rent, it's a space that's doing nothing.
Just to rub management's noses in it of course!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:26 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
I'm pretty sure most on here would anyway Uncle D. I don't frequent the duckie that often, but they wouldn't get my custom now that's for sure. In fact, i'll make no effort to go there now full stop and source my craft stuff elsewhere. Sorry for the charity organisations involved. This oik has done far more ill than good, bad for the duckie as a whole, let alone Neil and Oxana.

George, sorry to say, but have you really thought this out? Obviously on here, it has been shown that Neil and the issue concerned is between him and those who run The Duckpond.. If as suggested, that Neil opens a cafe/restaurant nearby, then The Duckpond customers will have a choice where to eat food. However, if you do as you say, to boycott The Duckpond altogether, would only serve to damage the business, especially of those permanent stallholders who have served the public for several years, and who have no involvement in the dispute going on between two parties. So by doing what you say is likely to harm those who have continued through thick and thin through all events. As I said, it looks as though customers will have a choice to eat inside or outside of The Duckpond, but totally unfair for you to suggest boycotting The Duckpond where permanent stallholders have grafted for years to produce a good service to their customers. Can you see my point George?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:53 pm 
Top of the pops

Correct Dave and yes I can see your point. My thoughts were directed more at the market management Neil quoted than the traders, believing that people with attitudes like this simply don't deserve to have a thriving business.

I feel there are many markets in and around Paphos now, and any trader worth his/her salt could do as well in any of them I would think, without having oafs like this up with which to put.

No desire whatsoever to put decent traders out of business. But in supporting the duckie then one has to accept one is supporting the market management. Do they deserve that loyalty??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:25 pm 
Idol

I have to say I agree with George.

If the Market management can do that to one long standing stall holder, they can do the same to any of the others too.... Obviously, we most likely don't have the whole story but even so it always pays to watch your back in cases like these.

I speak from experience, my parents were market traders for more than 15 years and I worked on their stall every Saturday for a good many of those years alongside them. It doesn't take much to get your nose put out of joint if you tread on the wrong persons toes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:00 pm 
Forum Admin

please see new thread for more details . :sunny
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31812&p=256978#p256978

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:26 pm 
Forum Admin

just to thank everyone again for your continued support and your loyalty when we moved, also a big
thank you to the many stall holders at the market who are telling our customers where we have moved to.
as they are all looking for us ..
you are all stars :bearhug

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:21 am 
Forum Admin

Just to put everyone right on the lie that wendy from the Duck pond is trying to peddle
in order to get a sympathy vote .

I did not inform the health dept that they were operating an illegal food van without any health certificates
or food licences at the duck pond ..
The visit By the health inspector was intended to see me , but I have since moved ..
As anyone will know , you cannot just open a takeaway with any old chuck wagon without the right certificates.
you are putting yourself at risk of prosecution and also the public at risk if all health reqiurements are not met ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 am 

:clap :clapping

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:08 pm 
Rock Star

Really Peed off when I first started to read this topic as the first thing we ever did at the Duckpond was to go for Neil's world famous Butties.
We look forward to them when visiting Cyprus.
So glad that he's set up just down the road, we wont be over till June but will defo be using the new location.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:07 pm 
Forum Admin

We are still only 100mtrs from where we were and things are well ,
once again , as Christmas nears , we would like to thank all our loyal customers who followed us
when we moved , we still have the best bacon rolls in paphos .. :greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:09 pm 
Graduate

I admire your restraint Neil. I'm afraid if anybody attacked my wife like that I would have reacted in a much more physical way.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Indeed, Neil thought about swinging his handbag but it would take too ling to take an inventor of all his lipsticks and makeup inside....

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:17 pm 
Top of the pops

Don't understand why all this is being dragged up after 13 months??!!! Is it to cause a detrimental effect on the regular
stallholders at The Duckpond, who do a darned good and diligent job at the market. Two people disagreed originally. Let
them sort it out instead of condemning a market that serves the people of Paphos.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body