The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: General Forum Warning
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:34 am 

General Forum Warning

We know a lot of members are very passionate about their politics and other agendas but AGAIN, despite several previous requests to STOP, some members have elected not to comply with the request and the personal insults and bickering has started AGAIN.
Although this forum is very tolerantly moderated we will not allow name calling, insults, petty squabbling, peer bullying and downright nastiness etc….whether or not YOU think it is funny.
There is also a tendency for certain member to try to include ‘Brexit’ /‘Leavers’ / ‘Remainers’ in EVERY thread or create ‘sensational’ post topic….. for goodness sake. ……..behave
If it doesn’t STOP now, FURTHER action WILL be taken.
Please DON’T assume because you are a ‘long time’ member or ‘regular poster’ you will be exempt.
I can already see a couple of Yellow cards being issued today and maybe even a RED. Those who are already on a yellow card should be particularly careful……..2 yellows + 1 RED

Extract from membership rules
Postings:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, malicious, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated material or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Paphos People” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us.
2.1 Anyone who deliberately posts with the sole purpose to cause unrest on the forum or to other members will be suspended for period of time that the admin team sees fit.*
The IP addresses of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Paphos People” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit

*If, during a suspension period, you decided to try to re-join the forum under a different name, once you are detected you will be barred for life.

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:31 pm 

Bumping to make sure everyone sees this :grin:

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:25 am 
Master

Thank god for that - its got ridiculous and detracts from the usefulness of the page

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:15 pm 

I make no apology for ‘bumping’ this thread again and will probably continue to do so until the weekend when it will then continue to be a ‘sticky’
We do not want anyone to be in any doubt that ‘enough is enough’

If you are given a warning, please don’t start with “it wasn’t me, it was him / her!” or “They insulted me first” or “Why am I getting a warning and they aren’t? “
You don’t know what is happening in the background and by PM so please don’t assume anything.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body