Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Insurance4carhire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:50 pm 

My Insurance4carhire runs out on September 29th and I made an enquiry on renewal. They relplied that to qualify for one of their policies you must hold a full driving license of any nationality but must be resident in one of the following countries, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Italy or France. As I am resident in Cypus they will not renew my policy. I know a lot of our friends and many on this forum use the same company and will be in the same situation. Can anyone recommend another insurance company?

Post subject: Re: Insurance4carhire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:37 pm 
Master

Wow - wasnt expecting that.

We had to change the insurers on our UK property for exactly the same reason.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:15 pm 
Top of the pops

Magwitch, you do not state who the insurance company is! Thus your posting is as good as useless as to how to help you. As you live in the EU, then surely you have a case for discrimination practices against you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Dave, the company is called Insurance4carhire. I have used them in the past and found them excellent. I will be very disappointed if they have changed their policy as to which countries they will accept customers from.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:16 pm 
Rock Star

On the Insurance4carhire website, where you fill in your details, there is a drop down box to select Country of residence.

Below this drop down box is the text: "Our policies are currently only available to persons resident in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy or the Netherlands. We apologise for any inconvenience that this might cause"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:27 am 
Top of the pops

Yakflyer wrote:
Dave, the company is called Insurance4carhire. I have used them in the past and found them excellent. I will be very disappointed if they have changed their policy as to which countries they will accept customers from.

Sorry Lloyd. I thought that was the thread title! :booboo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:18 am 
Rock Star

This must be very recent as we took our policy out mid May this year so I do hope they will honour it as have to claim for the nail in the tyre that we had this week.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:30 pm 
Top of the pops

I just arranged insurance with icarhireinsurance for a trip to the UK next year and it was £2.99 per day or £37.99 for the year which I thought looked pretty good.

No issues with living in Cyprus, so I thought I would share.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:46 pm 
Rock Star

Very strange. Maybe they have more than 1 website? This is the one I used ...

https://secure.insurance4carhire.com/pu ... &clickid=0

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:06 pm 

Hi Kato Paphos,
The link still shows that Cyprus is not included under the country of residence drop down menu. My email was from the MD of Insurance4carhire and he said it was the syndicate (ANV, I believe) that had brought in the new ruling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:08 pm 

Band,

Thanks for the info will try this company for later in the year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:11 pm 
Top of the pops

Yes, thanks for that too. I will keep for future reference.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:35 pm 
Top of the pops

Their website says that the policy is underwritten by Allianz, so should be half decent. Hopefully I never have to find out!

https://www.icarhireinsurance.com/get-a-quote#1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:57 am 
Rock Star

I used to insure my car with Allianz in UK.

After a minor bump I made a claim.........oh my word.
The lengthy form filling in and then a 30 minute phone call to an operations clerk with almost no English left me so frustrated that I cancelled the claim and just paid for the repair myself.

Have moved to Admiral, now that we've got 2 cars. The quote from them for 2 cars was cheaper than my premium with Allianz for just one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:49 pm 

I have a policy with insurance4carhire which expires in a few weeks so, after reading this thread, asked them about renewing whilst living in Cyprus and mentioning that I have a property, available for my use, in UK. They replied "Thank you for your email.
We have made some changes; To qualify for one of our policy’s you must hold a full driving licence of any nationality, be aged between 21-85 and reside within UK, Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Italy or France.
We have opted to only promote the product within in the designated countries based on a strategic review of the local legal and regulatory requirements and a commercial recognition that it is not viable to promote the product in all countries of the EEA.
Therefore as you currently reside in Cyprus we are unable to renew your existing policy.
If you purchase a policy using your UK address, you may be asked to prove you reside there by way of a utility bill / bank statement etc.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Should you have any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the team on 01242 538475."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:26 pm 
Rock Star

Well it certainly seems that they are honoring their existing policies - I made a claim on Friday and they have e mailed me today to say it is in the system and will be worked on in date order so we shall see. It was not too bad providing the documentation - they sent out the claim form by e mail as soon as I rang them. I needed to complete all 4 pages of this, details of my driving license, details of the excess from the car hire firm and also the paperwork they did relating to the damage( nail in tyre!) and also a copy of my credit card statement showing what they had charged me which I was able to print off the Internet. My mechanic has been today to service my car and he could not believe that they are charging €165 for a fiesta tyre - as he says it probably would have been better ( had I known) that I just dropped into a Garage myself and got it repaired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:41 pm 
Top of the pops

Enterprize wanted over £600 for a small dent which I had caused in a rear bumper. But insurance4carhire paid out in full. This is where car hire companies make their money.

As they accpted your policy when it was first taken out, insurance4carhire are legally obliged to honour their contract for the duration of the term. But after that point it is clear they will not renew. I have saved Band's recommendation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:44 pm 
Rock Star

Well I'm not particularly happy at the moment! The claims are dealt with by Ryan Direct Group for Insurance4carhirewho are very quick to respond to my e mails but only to say how busy they are and that they are behind their target dates and that my claim is in a queue. The amount taken out of my account was earmarked for my electricity bill - pity the car hire firm cannot bill the Insurance company direct!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:45 am 
Top of the pops

As I remember, it did take a few weeks for my claim to be paid out, but I was only too relieved that they did so in full.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body