Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:48 pm 
Graduate

Maggie, I am in the same position as you, but born December 1953. I now have to wait until March 2019 for mine. I have just looked at the Pension Act 1995 online, something I would never have been able to do in 1995, and yes Number6 is correct. I did not know this. I never received any information regarding my pension. It has only been in the last few years when I could check online to see what date I would start to receive it that I found out I had to wait much longer.

A male friend of mine, also born in 1953, gets his pension on his 65th birthday, I, however, have to wait until 4 months after mine

Mary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:55 pm 
Star

Thank you for agreeing with me Mary , you are correct about it is easy to check things in these days compared to 1995 , but you can be sure the government will use the fact the information has been out there for over 20 years against us .

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Mazza wrote:
Maggie, I am in the same position as you, but born December 1953. I now have to wait until March 2019 for mine. I have just looked at the Pension Act 1995 online, something I would never have been able to do in 1995, and yes Number6 is correct. I did not know this. I never received any information regarding my pension. It has only been in the last few years when I could check online to see what date I would start to receive it that I found out I had to wait much longer.

A male friend of mine, also born in 1953, gets his pension on his 65th birthday, I, however, have to wait until 4 months after mine

Mary

None of us knew it Mary

that is the issue

we where all kept in the dark about the contents of these Laws

the 1995 one and the 2011 one

If it was stated in the 1995 Law that we would retire later than the 1st original date, then why did they make and pass the 2011 law to change our dates of retirment?

and yes shocking, that born 3 months after me, that such is the speed of how this has been wheeled out, that you will have to wait an extra 11 months longer than me to get your pension

it is a disgrace

but again there is another post on this issue as you know

it was your post by the way in 2014 that got me to re-look at my retirement date age of retiring that following April 2015, so thank you for that post back then, as I like other women had no idea about the second changes that took place :grin: Thank You :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 pm 

The information that was supposedly put out there for all to see regarding the pension changes was very carefully chosen when it came to exposure.

It was never made common knowledge and I certainly never received any communication regarding my pension age change right up to leaving UK in 2004.

I changed jobs a couple of times in the early '90s and again mid '95 and was never informed either.

Again, it's not so much about the information not being readily available:
It's the speed that the new changes which came about in 2011 were rushed through without any consideration of the way it's hit a particular group of women.
A group of women who mostly weren't in a position to have gained their full "stamp" and were never in that age where equal wages were available....
It's this that those information spouters keep forgetting :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:47 am 
Top of the pops

Most women, born in the 50s, including my wife, lost out and as many have pointed out
were not informed. Mushroom Club members - kept in the dark and fed on po*.
It was the coalition Govt that moved the goal posts the second time - it is those changes
that now need correcting.
They keep bleating on about how well the economy is doing - fine, look after the women
waiting years longer for their State Pensions.
Remember all this equality of retirement age M Vs F came about mainly because it is
EU law.
Another good reason for the Brexit.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:50 am 
Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:15 pm 
Top of the pops

That must be the winner for "The posting of the month" Number 6! :smilielol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:19 pm 
Master

definitely the speed at which the new rules were brought in denying those affected by it the chance to make alternative arrangements to top up, subsidise or prop up their financial position - they were hung out to dry....

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body