The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: EU and Border controls
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:36 pm 
Rock Star

How many members think that in light of recent events that all EU countries should bring back there border controls?

This policy of free movement has made Europe into a open travel play ground for the terrorists.

Do you think the EU will survive in this situation

Also how about the channel tunnel should that be closed and turn the UK back to an Island!

Please keep you comments clean, polite and on topic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 pm 
Junior

Border control is well overdue and I fear the damage is already done. Was I the only one that could see this coming?

K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:03 pm 
Star

No I don't, in taking away our freedoms, then the terrorists win...so not a chance!

As they used to say in WW2 'Keep calm and carry on'

As Cyprus is currently working towards opening up the crossings with the North in the peace process, then that shouldn't be scuppered because of psychos in Iraq and Syria and sleepers elsewhere, life must go on the path planned...and Turkish Cypriots will be part of a whole Cyprus too...they are Sunni Muslims ...

The channel tunnel will never be closed because of a few evil morons, the devil can be within us, in Cyprus or in London already....you can't know who they are! aeroplanes didn't stop flying after a bomb was planted on a Russian plane by Isis, why should the tunnel be closed because of the terrible attack in Paris?

They don't win, ever, the UK is like Paris and will never bow down to terrorists, we take precautions but we carry on.

I have a British friend who lives in France and her grandson has begged his nana not to go to Paris, she's already on her way to pay her respects to those murdered....people are defiant, and will carry on, for any deviation means they win....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:04 pm 
Forum Admin

they should never have had open boarders in the first place ,,
(it takes a few minutes to show your passport)
The Tunnel should be bricked up .
JMO :greetings

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:20 pm 
Junior

This is nothing like previous wars!

Paris will not be a one off and I for sure was not shocked, saddened but not shocked. Free movement has invited terrorists in order to plot and plan for years and we will now start to see the fruits of their labour.

On another note, I'm totally convinced that if (and I hope not) that peace talks between southern and Northen Cyprus are successful, Cyprus will be finished!
K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Border controls are never 100% effective.
The bad guys know all the tricks, including forged documents, Bad Guy 'A' using Bad Guy 'B's
passport and so on.
The Republic of Cyprus has what is called a "porous" border with the TRNC; numerous places along it where a bad guy can cross illegally - such crossings occur daily, some by bad guys, some by good guys.
The only was to overcome the present panic (ISEL) is for a coordinated placement of
say 150,000 ground troops into Syria.
This won't happen yet because:
1. USA + UK + the 'west' want Hassad out, the Russians support him.
2. USA + UK + the 'west' cannot agree which Syrian opposition/s to support, which not to.
3. USA won't work with Iran to overcome ISEL, Iran is on of ISEL's main enemies.
4. There is no appetite in the USA + UK + the 'west' to risk the lives of any of their troops.

Thus the problem of ISEL will continue, as will the flow of migrants into the EU.

So where does one move to in order to minimize being blown to bits?
I would suggest Australia.

Cyprus must be an ISEL prime target, the SBAA mainly, as revenge for British bombing
missions against ISEL in Iraq.

We live in dangerous times, time to keep your head down me-thinks!
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Security in CYPRUS has been stepped up. In the MALL of Paphos this morning there were two heavily armed guards on patrol. Very menacing and alert. Giving people with back packs the real stare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:20 pm 
Star

The only closed borders I can recall in Europe where those with countries behind the Iron Curtain. When I drove around Europe before Schengen most of the Crossing Controls were empty and those that were manned just did an occasional cursory inspection of passports. It was just as easy to walk across the borders, a bit like crossing from England into Wales or Scotland.

I agree with Lynsab; anything less and the Terrorists have won.

Jim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:26 pm 
Top of the pops

I welcome border controls, don't particularly consider freedom of movement throughout the EU as either a freedom or particularly desirable. I do think it's a tad late for them to be reinstated, but if it keeps just one murdering IS Jihadi out of Europe I'll be happy.

As guardian to my granddaughter who has a different surname to me, I'm used to being closely questioned when entering the UK and happily carry relevant legal documents with me for verification at the airport. So for that level of control to be in place at all borders would, for me, be no problem and possibly a help in keeping undesirables out. I would add that the relationship with my granddaughter has never been questioned in Cyprus.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:44 pm 
Top of the pops

border controls in every country
this free for all just has not worked
and yes block the tunnel
and yes I agree
leave Cyprus alone, it is great as it is

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:56 pm 
Top of the pops

Close the borders now, and as for the tunnel, that should never have been built. Britain probably has many terrorists already who have entered because of the stupid laxity of any controls. There will almost certainly be more Paris style atrocities in Britain and the USA, as the security services cannot possibly monitor everybody. I also believe the major target will be a Premiership football match packed with many thousands of people, but I sincerely hope I am wrong on this. Also, refuse to take in any more "refugees" whatsoever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:47 pm 
Junior

Wavy Dave wrote:
Close the borders now, and as for the tunnel, that should never have been built. Britain probably has many terrorists already who have entered because of the stupid laxity of any controls. There will almost certainly be more Paris style atrocities in Britain and the USA, as the security services cannot possibly monitor everybody. I also believe the major target will be a Premiership football match packed with many thousands of people, but I sincerely hope I am wrong on this. Also, refuse to take in any more "refugees" whatsoever.

Totally agreed
K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:59 pm 
Rock Star

I can't see how closing the tunnel will prevent terrorists entering the country. They will still come by boat or plane. How many have come through the tunnel unaided? They come smuggled in lorries most of which come by boat.Greater security at each end of the tunnel would be a better answer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:00 pm 
Major

Location: A place to meet people with a common interest - as long as you all RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
Yes, close the borders.

Most users online was 189 on 24 Feb 2009, before I banned them and deleted their posts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:18 pm 
Junior

I definitely think checks at ports and airports should be stepped up - I am happy for the extra time and inconvenience if it helps make even a few 'bad uns' think twice about moving across countries. Its like they used to say when I was a teenager a car with obvious protection may still be able to be stolen but the thief will target the un protected cars first?!

I do agree that terrorists will always know ways around it but the more obstacles there are the harder it becomes. And I am sorry but in most airports outside the UK I can say the checking of baggage is not as thorough.

I have a seriously broken leg at the moment ( 7+months so far) so am in a boot and on all 3 occasions I have been through Larnaca the amount of checking has been seriously less than in the UK - Heathrow ask me to remove the boot swab it and x-ray it and the wheelchair is swabbed and checked quite thoroughly. At Larnaca a quick pat down by a female and she only swabbed me this last visit after I said it was fine to do so. Also the whole liquid in bags thing at Larnaca doesn't seem to happen?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:27 pm 
Top of the pops

Kell71 wrote:

Paris will not be a one off and I for sure was not shocked, saddened but not shocked. Free movement has invited terrorists in order to plot and plan for years and we will now start to see the fruits of their labour.

On another note, I'm totally convinced that if (and I hope not) that peace talks between southern and Northen Cyprus are successful, Cyprus will be finished!
K

You are a super optimist, and on cloud cuckoo land, if you really think there is any chance of a settlement.
No settlement deal would get past the promised Referendum.
Time (??) to pack your bags for Oz.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:52 pm 
Junior

geoffreys wrote:
Kell71 wrote:

K

You are a super optimist, and on cloud cuckoo land, if you really think there is any chance of a settlement.
No settlement deal would get past the promised Referendum.
Geoff.

I am in agreement with you Geoff! I equally don't think there will be settlement.
I was referring to Lynsabs post. thanks for the compliment anyway! :bearhug

K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:01 pm 
Top of the pops

Kell71 wrote:

K

:agree Kell71, you have a very good point there. If the country is reunited, the security services here in Southern Cyprus will have a shocking task of having to monitor the influx of those from the North, many of whom have come via Turkey, and how many of those are terrorists waiting to strike in the mainly Christian half of the country? Where I was previously hoping reunification would happen, I am now against it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:27 pm 
Junior

Thank you For your reply WD, my sentiment exactly.

We only need to look at the Northen side to see the problems occurring. Crime, rape, prostitution,drugs ect. If the country is united this will for sure spill onto the southern side.

Cyprus is probably one of a few countries left that are free to embrace Christianity, this will all change if United.
K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:59 pm 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:
Geoff.

I have a friend who did just that.....admittedly he's not a white hetero male, but he's just spent 6 months in Perth (he's a policeman)
He's coming home. He said it's like living in the 60's, with a white male dominated society who hit on women, have no respect for anyone who doesn't speak with an Aussi accent and describe themselves as the new order.

He's coming home as soon as he can sort a job in UK.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:35 pm 
Top of the pops

aren;t we glad that Cyprus kept our Immigrants under check until certain who and what they are!

this story is still breaking news!

http://www.sunshineradio.com/claims-tha ... -migrants/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:21 pm 
Junior

migmogs wrote:
aren;t we glad that Cyprus kept our Immigrants under check until certain who and what they are!

Hi migmogs, I was equally reading this earlier on sunshine.
I don't think it's a case that Cyprus kept them to carry out checks, it was more to do with the fact that they would not budge until their demands were met. I understand that those who wanted to stay had their paperwork in place straightaway.
K

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Kell71 wrote:
migmogs wrote:

I don't think it's a case that Cyprus kept them to carry out checks, it was more to do with the fact that they would not budge until their demands were met. I understand that those who wanted to stay had their paperwork in place straightaway.
K

you are probably right K :grin:

but I am still so pleased that these people where ring fenced off until proper checks had been done, plus we know that rightly the stand of Cyprus is either accept our way of doing things or be deported back from where you came

so lovely by the way to debate with a "normal" person without all of the kicking off, and shooting down, even if I do get a few things wrong :grin: :congrats

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 pm 
Rock Star

Yes, for sure there should be a temporary suspension of Schengen and increased security and scrutiny of passports and visas for journeys starting end ending within Schengen countries - and even more security in respect of non-EU nationals travelling to the EU, applied at their first point of entry into the EU, and where appropriate peoples further movements within the EU closely monitored.

However, at this critical time it is important that we show solidarity with the French. The French are out on the streets of Paris tonight, carrying on as normal, in defiance of ISIS, sending a clear signal that they are a strong nation and will not be beaten. We should take a lead from this.

The UK should show similar strength of character as the French, as we might see at the football tonight.

Any talk of closing the channel tunnel is not showing strength, it displays the opposite; in any case closure would be pointless (a would be terrorist could easily find alternative means of entering the UK), and in my opinion would be a terrible sign of timidness and cowardice, not an action we as a nation could be proud of, nor an action supportive of the French.

We, like the French, should be defiant that our way of life will not be changed. We will not be intimidated into knee jerk reactions.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:03 pm 
Junior

migmogs wrote:
Kell71 wrote:
migmogs wrote:

K

you are probably right K :grin:

but I am still so pleased that these people where ring fenced off until proper checks had been done, plus we know that rightly the stand of Cyprus is either accept our way of doing things or be deported back from where you came

so lovely by the way to debate with a "normal" person without all of the kicking off, and shooting down, even if I do get a few things wrong :grin: :congrats

oh im proberbly wrong too! Lol.. Pleased they have all stayed put anyway, Hopefully another handful caught!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:07 pm 
Top of the pops

Fingers crossed k, sort out completely all ID until certain no threat

I still have to say
close the tunnel , but just my personal point of view :grin:

On a brighter note

how wonderful to see on BBC1 London News tonight
the Muslim community gathering around Trafalgar square, paying their respects to what has happened in Paris
saying how they as a Muslim religion absolutely denounce the crimes that these extremists ISIL are doing
and also distancing them selves from the atrocity known of as ISIL

which as they said themselves is NOT Muslim, it is a violent extremist group!

Last edited by migmogs on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:32 pm 
Idol

We left Cyprus for the uk last Tuesday. Expected tighter security, but no swabs, just the normal stuff. Expect it to be tighter on our return though.

On the subject of boarder crossings, I remember one that was only a table in the middle of the road in a village entering Switzerland. Nobody in attendance just a table.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:05 pm 
Top of the pops

flamingo wrote:
We left Cyprus for the uk last Tuesday. Expected tighter security, but no swabs, just the normal stuff. Expect it to be tighter on our return though.

On the subject of boarder crossings, I remember one that was only a table in the middle of the road in a village entering Switzerland. Nobody in attendance just a table.

How long ago was that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 pm 
Idol

Left last Tuesday 10th Nov for uk.
The table on the border was over 13 years ago maybe more..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 pm 
Top of the pops

flamingo wrote:
Left last Tuesday 10th Nov for uk.
The table on the border was over 13 years ago maybe more..

ah 13 years ago
the good old days :)
if you left a table there now
you would be overrun in minutes
enjoy your uk time

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:00 am 
Top of the pops

kato paphos wrote:
However, at this critical time it is important that we show solidarity with the French. The French are out on the streets of Paris tonight, carrying on as normal, in defiance of ISIS, sending a clear signal that they are a strong nation and will not be beaten. We should take a lead from this.

The UK should show similar strength of character as the French, as we might see at the football tonight.

Any talk of closing the channel tunnel is not showing strength, it displays the opposite; in any case closure would be pointless (a would be terrorist could easily find alternative means of entering the UK), and in my opinion would be a terrible sign of timidness and cowardice, not an action we as a nation could be proud of, nor an action supportive of the French.

We, like the French, should be defiant that our way of life will not be changed. We will not be intimidated into knee jerk reactions.

Correct! We must show that we wish to continue life as normal as we can make it, not be cowed into submission by terrorists.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 pm 
Star

Sadly I read many of these comments and wonder what happened to the British Bulldog Spirit in the face of adversity. I'm presently in London and no one is going to scare me into changing my lifestyle. I'll use the Tube and meet my wife at Gatwick next week and we'll go sight seeing and then catch a flight back home; don't be cowered by these lunatics.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:10 pm 
Top of the pops

Jim B wrote:
Sadly I read many of these comments and wonder what happened to the British Bulldog Spirit in the face of adversity. I'm presently in London and no one is going to scare me into changing my lifestyle. I'll use the Tube and meet my wife at Gatwick next week and we'll go sight seeing and then catch a flight back home; don't be cowered by these lunatics.

Jim

For many common sense overtakes/replaces the Bulldog Spirit in these recent circumstances.
I for one do not wish to be a dead Bulldog.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:11 pm 
Rock Star

Jim - :agree :congrats :uk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:31 pm 
Top of the pops

Sure there should be a stiff upper lip and everyone go about their business and pleasure as normal, or as normal as possible. It is important that as little disruption as possible takes place. However as for the great British Bulldog spirit. Thats what led to millions of lives being lost in stagnant trenches in previous wars. The situation now is far more sophisticated and a different kind of attrition.

The level of electronics and communications being used is without comparison and the ideology being practiced (in my opinion warped) should be countered in different ways to previous conflicts.

I have Syrian clients who out and out want no conflict whatsoever from any side, they see internal indoctrination of their young people (the elders have been through too many conflicts so its left to the young) and simply see it all as a global money making situation with Syria the current focus.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:48 pm 
Star

Geoffreys

There’s more chance of getting run over crossing the road than getting caught up in the likes of the events of last Friday. It’s a bit pointless worrying about Cypriot unification and what it might bring when you consider how porous the Green Line has always been; my Son in Laws Granddad often strolls over to have a drink with his Turkish Cypriot pals. Anyone with a bit of determination can cross the line any time they want.
I personally would rather enjoy my life rather than spend it worrying about what may or may not happen even if it means ending up a dead Bulldog.

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:45 pm 
Top of the pops

Correct Jim, agree entirely. We actually flew to the USA within a week or two of 9/11, when everyone else was cancelling flights. Got a free upgrade to Business Class for our determination :grin: I also went to Northern Ireland at the time of the troubles and had a great (and uneventful) time.

As I've said before many times, some people just aren't happy unless they have something to worry about. As soon as they overcome one concern, they look for the next.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:31 pm 
Top of the pops

Jim B wrote:
Geoffreys

There’s more chance of getting run over crossing the road than getting caught up in the likes of the events of last Friday. It’s a bit pointless worrying about Cypriot unification and what it might bring when you consider how porous the Green Line has always been; my Son in Laws Granddad often strolls over to have a drink with his Turkish Cypriot pals. Anyone with a bit of determination can cross the line any time they want.
I personally would rather enjoy my life rather than spend it worrying about what may or may not happen even if it means ending up a dead Bulldog.

Jim

Back in the 1970s I was in Oxford Street one lunchtime when a bomb in a waste bin
went off 20 yards from me. I was not hurt, but shaken.
Also in the 1970s I was sat in a coffee shop in Beirut when an Israeli jet flew over
and bombed the next building.
In Yemen in 1978 I was shot at by a tribesman. I was also armed. luckily he missed,
I did not.
So you maybe see why I am careful now!
Re your son-in-laws granddad - exactly what I said in my earlier post; the green lime is porous,
folks (good guys and bad guys) cross over every day.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:22 pm 
Star

Thankfully Geoffreys you're still here to tell the tale; remind me never to meet you in a Thunder Storm :grin:

Jim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:27 pm 
Top of the pops

The point is, do some of you want to allow even more terrorist scum into your country by keeping the border controls
as ineffective as they currently are. I am sure that those who are children at the moment, will in 20 years time
appreciate our governments tightening the borders up considerably in order to strangle the further growth of terrorism
in their respective countries.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm 
Star

kato paphos wrote:
Jim - :agree :congrats :uk

Me too Jim B.... :england the most reasoned answer as always... :clap

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:04 am 
Top of the pops

Jim B wrote:
Thankfully Geoffreys you're still here to tell the tale; remind me never to meet you in a Thunder Storm :grin:

Jim

Thank you Jim. The photo was taken by my taxi driver shortly after the incident. Unarmed westerners were considered fair game for hostage taking and ransom; thus it is unlikely he
intended to kill me, any more than I him - I only winged him, he then rode off.
It was in the mountains, on the road up to the capital Sana'a from the red sea port of Hodaidah.
On a serious topical note this demonstrates why bombing ISEL in Syria would be a waste of effort
and money as it would not have the desired effect.
What is needed is adequate numbers of western ground troops; this is the language ISEL will
understand and would be their downfall. They have the same mentality as the Yemeni tribesmen, albeit with a different agenda. The Yemen is now one of ISEL's main centers of operation, and
many Yemenis have joined them/been converted to their cause.
IMO
Geoff.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by geoffreys on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:49 pm 
Idol

Whilst I am not a great fan of closing borders and totally agree that terrorism should not be allowed to impact on our normal existence...if it does then the terrorist has won....I do believe in tighter border controls especially in regard to positive racial profiling. When racial profiling was proposed the human rights mafia sprung into action and insisted it should be applied to everybody....no.....if you fit a certain racial profile then I am afraid you perhaps have to expect more stringent checks. People have, and still are fighting for the freedoms that we enjoy remain in place, their sacrifice cannot be squandered away. You fight terrorism with terror, you hunt them, you deprive them of their freedoms, you take away their safe havens and you exterminate them..because that is what they want to do to you.....and if as part of the process some of us are "inconvienced" by additional security checks and perceived infringements of our precious human rights then so be it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:23 pm 
Top of the pops

Jimmy wrote:
Whilst I am not a great fan of closing borders and totally agree that terrorism should not be allowed to impact on our normal existence...if it does then the terrorist has won....I do believe in tighter border controls especially in regard to positive racial profiling. When racial profiling was proposed the human rights mafia sprung into action and insisted it should be applied to everybody....no.....if you fit a certain racial profile then I am afraid you perhaps have to expect more stringent checks. People have, and still are fighting for the freedoms that we enjoy remain in place, their sacrifice cannot be squandered away. You fight terrorism with terror, you hunt them, you deprive them of their freedoms, you take away their safe havens and you exterminate them..because that is what they want to do to you.....and if as part of the process some of us are "inconvienced" by additional security checks and perceived infringements of our precious human rights then so be it.

Spot on Jimmy :goodpost
Geoff.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:51 pm 
Star

Jim B wrote:

It’s a bit pointless worrying about Cypriot unification and what it might bring when you consider how porous the Green Line has always been; my Son in Laws Granddad often strolls over to have a drink with his Turkish Cypriot pals. Anyone with a bit of determination can cross the line any time they want.

Jim

:agree

We crossed over many times as the property we own in Cyprus is five minutes drive from the crossing, the traffic at one time on the vrysoulles frenaros road every morning as Turkish Cypriots came over to work in the south and back again early evening was very busy always, we often got waved thru, although they didn't check our passports very much coming back into the south they could see we were driving a Greek Cypriot registered car I guess...my Greek Cypriot developer hired Turkish Cypriots to tile all my house and my pool...so a lot goes on that some aren't aware of, and this was years ago....

Anyway, as I've said before in the UK we see positive news re Cyprus reunification and here's today's article...so crossings may be changed, they're not borders in Cyprus as that rightly offends the Greek Cypriots, it's either the crossing or the cease fire line....never ' the border'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... phase.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:17 pm 
Major

Jimmy how do you racially profile a terrorist?

What does a terrorist look like at a border control?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:52 pm 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
Jim B wrote:

It’s a bit pointless worrying about Cypriot unification and what it might bring when you consider how porous the Green Line has always been; my Son in Laws Granddad often strolls over to have a drink with his Turkish Cypriot pals. Anyone with a bit of determination can cross the line any time they want.

Jim

:agree

We crossed over many times as the property we own in Cyprus is five minutes drive from the crossing, the traffic at one time on the vrysoulles frenaros road every morning as Turkish Cypriots came over to work in the south and back again early evening was very busy always, we often got waved thru, although they didn't check our passports very much coming back into the south they could see we were driving a Greek Cypriot registered car I guess...my Greek Cypriot developer hired Turkish Cypriots to tile all my house and my pool...so a lot goes on that some aren't aware of, and this was years ago....

Anyway, as I've said before in the UK we see positive news re Cyprus reunification and here's today's article...so crossings may be changed, they're not borders in Cyprus as that rightly offends the Greek Cypriots, it's either the crossing or the cease fire line....never ' the border'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... phase.html

Who gave the Telegraph the idea Cyprus was close to re-unification I wonder?
No chance.
They cannot even agree how to amalgamate Mobile Phone services.
School kids beating up TCs and their cars as protest against the "invasion"
(sorry, my history book suggests the invasion was in retaliation for GCs ethic cleansing
of TCs to somewhere near Polis; more to it than that but the Greeks started it!).
New crossing point at Dherynia delayed until May 2016 due lack of EU funding to
upgrade the road on the Turkish side (why EU, why not "mother" Turkey?).
Even if a reunification deal was arrived at between the 2 Leaders and their Parliaments,
on this side it would not get passed a Referendum, anymore than the Anan plan did!
Close the Cease-fire Demarcation line crossing points, and re-mine it.
Let both sides then get on with their respective lives.
Geoff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:53 pm 
Idol

Coach, hopefully this explains the concept..

http://www.civilrightsmovement.co.uk/fa ... iling.html

A practice abhorred by the Human Rights fraternity.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:11 am 
Rock Star

It would seem that the majority of the members are in favour of border controls in each country.

The thing is you could drive right through Europe with a truck load of explosives to any major city then set if off.

It would appear that some of the terrorists had come from Belgium to Paris for the attack as well.

Do not get me wrong this free movement has made it too easy for the terrorists to move about.

The tunnel should be closed as some immigrants have all ready walked right through it, and a few have been killed in the processes.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body