Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 am 

Why do you let this forum carry on ? Baseman and Highlander is nothing but causing bother ? Is it they are friends of a Admin ? :bat Sergo or whatever his / her name is also the same ? Come on bring back PP to a friendly site ? Just look how many members have gone ? don't post anymore ? wake up smell the coffee . If you carry on like this then you wont have a forum for much longer ? just saying how it is :greetings

Post subject: Re: Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:26 am 
Top of the pops

in the more than 5 years that I have been on this forum

I would have to agree that the number of verbal bullies on here has grown
and the more helpful of posters has lessened and backed off

this forum would no longer be put forwards for, with the folks posting now, for the Hearts of Gold award that it was put forwards for in 2011 and won :)

there are a fair number of verbal bullies on here now, some old, some new, all who shout down any argument with force, and who put off most ordinary posters with their dreadful full on vitriol

and I agree, what a shame, that such a brilliant forum has changed so much from what it was, a helpful, caring, award winning forum

may the people who visit and post here now with such angst, change again soon, so that this forum can return to the caring, non argumentative but helpful people who once posted before

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:45 am 
Master

pinkrose wrote:
Why do you let this forum carry on ? Baseman and Highlander is nothing but causing bother ? Is it they are friends of a Admin ? :bat Sergo or whatever his / her name is also the same ? Come on bring back PP to a friendly site ? Just look how many members have gone ? don't post anymore ? wake up smell the coffee . If you carry on like this then you wont have a forum for much longer ? just saying how it is :greetings

Just who do you think you are? I've been a member of this form for nearly 8 years where as you have been a member only a couple of months and you think that qualifies you to be judgemental against Myself, Bassman and Sergio, let's face it you can't even spell their names correctly and in my book that just about sums up your fabricated vindictive accusations up for me !!!

P.S.......................If you can't stand the heat keep away from the fire !!! :pow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:00 am 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:
in the more than 5 years that I have been on this forum

I would have to agree that the number of verbal bullies on here has grown
and the more helpful of posters has lessened and backed off

this forum would no longer be put forwards for, with the folks posting now, for the Hearts of Gold award that it was put forwards for in 2011 and won :)

there are a fair number of verbal bullies on here now, some old, some new, all who shout down any argument with force, and who put off most ordinary posters with their dreadful full on vitriol

and I agree, what a shame, that such a brilliant forum has changed so much from what it was, a helpful, caring, award winning forum

may the people who visit and post here now with such angst, change again soon, so that this forum can return to the caring, non argumentative but helpful people who once posted before

I rejoined with Neils permission and straight away and on just about every time I post two members namely George and Josef k jump in being argumentative. What cannot be said is that the forum has gone down hill because of me and Highlander, on my return I found the instant hostility directed against my by two members in particular.
It would be very easy to believe that 'pinknose' is a crony of the above mentioned members with ulterior motives.
If these two members were brought into line things would soon calm down but blaming two of the victims and not the perpetrators asks the question are pinkroses motives ulterior.
Regarding Highlander I found his welcome most gratifying compared to the attitude of a certain clique.

Last edited by Bassman63 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:08 am 
Top of the pops

!

Last edited by migmogs on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:12 am 
Rock Star

migmogs wrote:
You are all off again
Simple statements said
Yet already 2 aggressive answers given and no doubts more to follow from the rest!
This forum has sadly turned into a forum of OAP Trolls!!!

Maybe you should be directing your comments at pinkrose.
I've only just turned on my computer and what do I say an offensive post from pinkrose.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:25 am 
Rock Star

I agree with pinkrose and migmogs ... good posts by both :congrats

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 am 
Top of the pops

Sometimes it takes courage to stand up to intimidation (verbal or otherwise) and to say what you think. And I have to agree with pinkrose, migmogs and kato paphos. This forum is rapidly going downhill - either the Mods can't see this, or they choose to ignore, possibly because the errant posters are 'buddies'.

Two long-standing and very respected members of this forum have told me that they no longer post because of the hostile, aggressive nature of some posters. They read, but refuse to post. That's not what any lively forum needs.

One poster in particular appears to have anger management issues and is gratuitously rude to anyone who dares express an alternative opininon to theirs. Another posts repetitive, inane, childish posts and allowing him to continue in this way does great dis-service to the forum imo.

One of the other forums is frequently criticised for over-zealous moderation; but what's been happening on PP for some time illustrates the consequence of feeble, or token, moderation. I'll take the former over the latter anyday. It's a shame to see PP deteriorate in this way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:56 am 
Master

kato paphos wrote:
I agree with pinkrose and migmogs ... good posts by both :congrats

I find it strange how both YOU and Pinkrose have only been members of this form for a couple of months but are quick to spout rubish accusations at long time members of this forum when you ain't been members long enough to judge and criticise any member of this forum's postings let alone ME, BASSMAN or SERGIO, let's put it another way it's now getting more obvious by the day you are both likely to be 'BANNED EX MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM' trying to stir things up along with your old cronies, IT'S JUST A SHAME THAT CERTAIN LONG TIME MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM ARE TAKING IN YOUR PROPAGANDA LIKE SPONGES AND FOOLISHLY FOLLOWING YOU LIKE LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER THUS ADDING FUEL TO THE FIRE !!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:08 am 
Master

Yakflyer wrote:
Sometimes it takes courage to stand up to intimidation (verbal or otherwise) and to say what you think. And I have to agree with pinkrose, migmogs and kato paphos. This forum is rapidly going downhill - either the Mods can't see this, or they choose to ignore, possibly because the errant posters are 'buddies'.

Two long-standing and very respected members of this forum have told me that they no longer post because of the hostile, aggressive nature of some posters. They read, but refuse to post. That's not what any lively forum needs.

One poster in particular appears to have anger management issues and is gratuitously rude to anyone who dares express an alternative opininon to theirs. Another posts repetitive, inane, childish posts and allowing him to continue in this way does great dis-service to the forum imo.

One of the other forums is frequently criticised for over-zealous moderation; but what's been happening on PP for some time illustrates the consequence of feeble, or token, moderation. I'll take the former over the latter anyday. It's a shame to see PP deteriorate in this way.

:congrats :goodpost :agree WHAT A GENIUS! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY! STAND UP TO THE INTIMIDATION AND SAY WHAT YOU THINK!!! :pow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:47 am 
Top of the pops

How do you know for certain they've not been members under different names in the past?!!

Just saying!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:24 am 
Top of the pops

'......and straight away and on just about every time I post two members namely George and Josef k jump in being argumentative.' - totally incorrect, look in the dictionary at the meaning if disagreement. It does not mean argumentative. And just as an aside - it actually takes two to argue.

'What cannot be said is that the forum has gone down hill because of me and Highlander,........' Errmm, I'm afraid it so can bassman.

'..........on my return I found the instant hostility directed against my by two members in particular.' Sorry, don't understand this?? Presumably you are trying to say that two members instantly directed hostility towards you ? In which case, again not true. Look in the dictionary again.

"It would be very easy to believe that 'pinknose' is a crony of the above mentioned members with ulterior motives." Why? Like many other things Bassman, this is all in your mind, but never let it get in the way of yet another accusatory whinge. Can't speak for anyone else but I don't know pinkRose from Adam.

"If these two members were brought into line things would soon calm down but blaming two of the victims and not the perpetrators asks the question are pinkroses motives ulterior." Brought into line for exactly what Bassman? Since when was disagreement a capital offence? Yet again, it's in your mind, and I actually find it quite disturbing that you constantly see everyone in terms of either 'victim' or "perpetrator". Victims of what precisely? Why are you never able to see posts on here which involve you, as anything other than victimising, or bullying, or having a go? What happened to simple disagreements? Who else, on any if these boards, do you see using this sort of language?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:08 am 
Idol

We'll said yakflyer, I agree with the first and second post as well.
Never posted that much but hardly post at all now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:36 am 
Top of the pops

Highlander is a BIG buddy with admin. Hence his blatant picking and argumentive stand. Well done all those who stand up to the verbal abuse and bullying.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:42 am 
Regular

Please see the other thread about vulgarity. This forum has become a private playground for a very small number of members. It has definitely gone downhill and that's such a shame!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 am 
Graduate

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, malicious, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Paphos People” is hosted or International Law".

I wonder when this rule of membership is actually going to be put into action?

Or is it perhaps that the membership numbers would take too big a hit if it was?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 am 
Star

Has anyone else noticed similar posting patterns , ie multiple entries ? Are they the same person , always praising each other . :giggle

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:01 pm 

All I can say for what its worth (and its probably not really) I just think that it is a shame that this forum, which I have followed for years, has become like a childrens playground with the petty arguments.Lifes too short, you never know whats round the corner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:18 pm 
Regular

I must be made of tougher stuff because it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think one posters ability to laugh at himself all the time shows strength of character. :congrats :congrats :congrats

It is a pity that another poster never got around to finishing he's schooling but I am sure that there is still time. :clap :clap :clap

I think this forum is quite entertaining. A bit like a panto at times but once you know who the villans are, you can boo and hiss with everyone else.

I have seen the term "verbal bully" but never really understood how that works. If someone is being abusive on a computer (maybe situated in a basement somewhere where they are typing with a headwand) then it is not real. Just pixels on a screen and easily skipped over and forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:26 pm 

Yakflyer wrote:

OK so in your first paragraph you insult me by saying I can’t see what’s going on, you try to intimidate me by saying I choose to ignore things and then you accuse me of also being a bully along with my buddies….oh hang on…...does that sound familiar?
I take great exception to these comments. What qualifies you to comment that I, as a moderator either can’t see what’s going on, that I am choosing to ignore it or that I am doing nothing about it because errant poster are buddies?. You do not know what may be happening in the background via PM’s to certain members and please be assured that as a moderator, I have no buddies.
In your third paragraph you diagnosed a member with ‘anger management issues’. I didn’t realise that among your other talents you were a doctor qualified to diagnose a member’s condition. Maybe Neil could set up a medical section where you could be our resident consultant.
In your fourth paragraph you are insulting me again and trying to intimidate me by accusing me of being a feeble or token moderator.
As a member of the forum should I complain about your comments or as a moderator, should I ask to have you removed?

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm 
Rock Star

Totally agree with your comments Artlin.
I have had abuse from Neil's good buddy quite a few times.
Not verbal, of course, because it is all written down on this forum.
However, I personally could give a flying **** (you insert what you want just there) what someone says about me on a forum, although M.A.D did receive complaints and this particular person suddenly rested on his laurels for a couple of weeks, I assume after a friendly warning, but he is back again doing what he does best.

I often wonder if mouth almighty would be the same if it was eyeball to eyeball.

I also think that the Moderators do keep their eyes on the broader picture and do not allow anything on here to go too far, but also that they do allow personal opinions to remain, as opposed to the other side.
Bloomin' heck, crawlin' already. :greetings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Number6 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed similar posting patterns , ie multiple entries ? Are they the same person , always praising each other . :giggle

Perhaps you would be good enough to reveal why you have considered it neccessary to highlight the entries that you have, as my name is included in that list? I resent that, and where I have posted a reply to Topgun, was a genuine, non altercation reply, and Topgun and myself are 2 totally separate people. It seems to me that some members are all too quick to point the finger at a handfull of members on here, when they themselves are contributing to to the problems on here by "stoking the fires". As to the charge against Neil of "looking after his buddies", all I can say is that if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even have a ruddy good web site to go on.
I also agree the point made by a member, that it does seem odd that a member of only a few weeks is making compaints against long standing members already.
Incidentally, just to clarify the point before I get accused on here, I do know Neil, and class him, and his wife as personal friends, but we are not one and the same people, and I would expect Neil to admonish me if he felt I was out of order.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:54 pm 
Rock Star

Well I'll give a classic example of Josef K's trouble causing.

If I post that Marks and Spencer and B&Q are both big business Josef K will say I mean that B&Q sell Bras and Marks and Spencer sell garden forks.
In my post I said that Charities and People trafficking are both Big Business.

People trafficking is a multi million dollar business some of the proceeds go to fund IS.

Charities collect vast amounts of money with some of the larger charities paying top execs almost £100,000 per anum with a declining scale down the tree.

Only a trouble causer will post that I implied that charities were involved in people trafficking as Josef K did.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:56 pm 
Rock Star

Wavy Dave wrote:
Number6 wrote:

Perhaps you would be good enough to reveal why you have considered it neccessary to highlight the entries that you have, as my name is included in that list? I resent that, and where I have posted a reply to Topgun, was a genuine, non altercation reply, and Topgun and myself are 2 totally separate people. It seems to me that some members are all too quick to point the finger at a handfull of members on here, when they themselves are contributing to to the problems on here by "stoking the fires". As to the charge against Neil of "looking after his buddies", all I can say is that if it weren't for him, we wouldn't even have a ruddy good web site to go on.
I also agree the point made by a member, that it does seem odd that a member of only a few weeks is making compaints against long standing members already.
Incidentally, just to clarify the point before I get accused on here, I do know Neil, and class him, and his wife as personal friends, but we are not one and the same people, and I would expect Neil to admonish me if he felt I was out of order.

Thank you Dave for a very well balanced reply.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:43 pm 
Master

shania wrote:
Highlander is a BIG buddy with admin. Hence his blatant picking and argumentive stand. Well done all those who stand up to the verbal abuse and bullying.

SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE BUT YOU COULD NOT GET ANY FURTHER AWAY FROM THE TRUTH IF YOU TRIED !!! :rofl :rofl :rofl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:46 pm 
Master

Bassman63 wrote:
Wavy Dave wrote:
Number6 wrote:

Thank you Dave for a very well balanced reply.

YES I'LL SECOND THAT, WELL SAID DAVE !!! :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:48 pm 
Rock Star

I'll third that. :congrats :goodpost :clap

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:00 pm 
Regular

I have received a P M from Dave (or Moira) saying that "following a meeting my account has been suspended".

I have requested further information and detailed references.

I am not really sure how to comment on this.

P. S.

Daves answer is "speak to Neil".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:18 pm 
Top of the pops

Bassman63 wrote:

Only a trouble causer will post that I implied that charities were involved in people trafficking as Josef K did.

Oh John, just when I was relaxing.

This will now be boring to many of the readers, but I'll run through it again. You posted that many charities were on a par with people trafficking. I asked you to state which ones. When you did not I suggested you had no evidence to back up your claim. You then went off on one of your strange and convoluted posting sessions about all manner of things.

Am I therefore a trouble causer? You obviously think so, but I don't see it.

But back to the subject of this thread, I do recognise that many people don't post on here these days, and many new members don't stay long. I believe this is due to the increasingly unpleasant (and sometimes hateful) posts we see here. I know the mods are aware of this fact, and I am aware lots of moderation activity goes on behind the scenes of which we are unaware. I am all for freedom of speech, but with that freedom comes responsibility.

My view is that John (Bassman) has always been a significant disruptive element, has crossed the line, and shouldn't be here. Highlander is someone who I don't agree with most of the time, but on balance should be allowed to stay. There are others who also have some views I don't agree with (e.g. my so-called "buddy" George) but we don't all have to agree, just disagree in a civilised manner.

Oh, for info, I have no idea who pinkrose is either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:04 pm 

artlin wrote:
I have received a P M from Dave (or Moira) saying that "following a meeting my account has been suspended".

I have requested further information and detailed references.

I am not really sure how to comment on this.

P. S.

Daves answer is "speak to Neil".

You received a PM from me...that is PRIVATE MESSAGE which is a way of communicating something directly to the recipient and not for discussion on open forum. I was requested to send you this PRIVATE MESSAGE by Neil, the forum owner and advised you to speak to Neil by PM..that's PRIVATE MESSAGE to discuss.

If you are going to try to cause trouble by quoting what my PRIVATE MESSAGE was please get it accurate, what I actually said was "Please PM Neil directly since as the forum owner, the final decision is his" NOT just "speak to Neil"

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:12 pm 
Top of the pops

I have always enjoyed being a member of PP and even though I no longer live in Cyprus I am still interested enough to drop in and catch up on friends etc.
We all have opinions on different subjects which is healthy. The problem is when certain members opinions don't agree with others,those same members see fit to berate and insult others.This is neither adult or clever and can cause a lot of bad feeling.
I had a vitriolic follower at one time who has been banned under different names, pinknose sounds a similar person but as they haven't picked on me then I am possibly wrong.
The moderators on here are very fair and allow a certain amount of sensible debate and do a good job in my opinion ( you note I say "my opinion").
Maybe we could have a "debating" page where people who love to argue can let go with gusto leaving this page for the adults ?
Hope all out there are fine and dandy.

:greetings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:17 pm 
Top of the pops

Josef - think they've both gone.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:33 pm 
Top of the pops

beverley wrote:
I have always enjoyed being a member of PP and even though I no longer live in Cyprus I am still interested enough to drop in and catch up on friends etc.
We all have opinions on different subjects which is healthy. The problem is when certain members opinions don't agree with others,those same members see fit to berate and insult others.This is neither adult or clever and can cause a lot of bad feeling.
I had a vitriolic follower at one time who has been banned under different names, pinknose sounds a similar person but as they haven't picked on me then I am possibly wrong.
The moderators on here are very fair and allow a certain amount of sensible debate and do a good job in my opinion ( you note I say "my opinion").
Maybe we could have a "debating" page where people who love to argue can let go with gusto leaving this page for the adults ?
Hope all out there are fine and dandy.

:greetings

Good post ( :goodpost ), I agree,
Other forums, like Eastern Cyprus and CL, seem to be run by megalomaniacs.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:40 pm 
Regular

Well ..... I really don't know what to say!!

It seems that the victims are the ones being prosecuted.

If anyone cares to view any of my posts and point out where I have erred I would be glad of your feedback.

. :welcome no you are not

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
OK so in your first paragraph you insult me by saying I can’t see what’s going on, you try to intimidate me by saying I choose to ignore things and then you accuse me of also being a bully along with my buddies….oh hang on…...does that sound familiar?
I take great exception to these comments. What qualifies you to comment that I, as a moderator either can’t see what’s going on, that I am choosing to ignore it or that I am doing nothing about it because errant poster are buddies?. You do not know what may be happening in the background via PM’s to certain members and please be assured that as a moderator, I have no buddies.
In your third paragraph you diagnosed a member with ‘anger management issues’. I didn’t realise that among your other talents you were a doctor qualified to diagnose a member’s condition. Maybe Neil could set up a medical section where you could be our resident consultant.
In your fourth paragraph you are insulting me again and trying to intimidate me by accusing me of being a feeble or token moderator.
As a member of the forum should I complain about your comments or as a moderator, should I ask to have you removed?

Dave, I really seem to have touched a raw nerve. Please rest assured, that was not my intention. Perhaps you missed the use of the word Mods (plural) as opposed to Mod (singular). I presume there is more than one moderator on this site? I was referring to moderation in general, not you in particular.

Several posters have since said that they agreed with my sentiments, so clearly I was not alone in my thinking.

With all due respect, you don't need to be a doctor to recognise 'anger management issues' in one particular member's postings. They were there for all to see...and in a recent thread someone took the trouble to list this particular member's many hostile and vitriolic postings. Most were way out of line...and yet he was able to continue posting in this way, seemingly untouchable.

I should clarify that I did not 'insult and intimidate you' by accusing you of being a feeble or token moderator. I described the moderation of the site in those words, but not you as an individual, because as I said earlier, I assume you are not alone in moderating this site.

Anyway, over time I would like to think that I have hopefully made some interesting posts and helped a few people with any small amounts of wisdom/knowledge/advice which I was able to impart on different topics. But if you disagree and don't want me to be around more, just say...or swing the axe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:30 pm 
Junior

Oh Dear...

I am very new on here - really just been reading and started a 'moving diary' - so of course I am not privy to all the goings on. However I would like to say that everyone has been lovely so far and incredibly welcoming and helpful...

Please don't 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' as my Granny used to say....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:32 pm 
Rock Star

Loving it!! This is what free speech is all about.

Is it really so dull in Paphos that you need to get on here and vent your spleens about trivial matters.

I suppose that now it's November and you're all freezing and not getting your WFA it helps to get on here and raise your temperatures by getting angry.
Incidentally it is 7C here and we've had 120mm of rain since Saturday...that would cool you lot down!! :rain

Does sound like a load of Grumpy OAP's sometimes. :giggle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:34 pm 
Regular

There are some very strange attitudes on this forum. I'm surprised that a moderator responds in such a way as to provoke/prolong an argument. Maybe Big Nev is right and it might be a form of entertainment for some but I don't think it is for the majority!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:35 pm 
Top of the pops

OAP's maybe, don't know about the grumpy :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:05 pm 

Hey - don't include me in the OAP's - I was a child bride (or so we like to claim :roll: :grin: ) only a decade or two (or more) ago...
Grumpy? Grumpy? WHAT DO YOU MEAN GRUMPY?!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a previous life.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:11 pm 

beverley wrote:

Hi Beverley :greetings I can assure you i don't know you or have ever met you in Paphos unless we have crossed paths and got chatting :grin:

Yakflyer wrote:

Anyway, over time I would like to think that I have hopefully made some interesting posts and helped a few people with any small amounts of wisdom/knowledge/advice which I was able to impart on different topics. But if you disagree and don't want me to be around more, just say...or swing the axe.

I agree Yakflyer has helped me in the past and i find his / her posting very helpful indeed :grin: I have also not met Yakflyer either.

looking back on this forum i notice you used to meet up each month for a night out, can you not arrange a night in Feb so me and my other half can attend and meet some new people. :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:32 pm 

Sorry pinkrose, the last Friday of each month nights out had to be abandoned for several reasons

1. Members though there were getting repetitive
2. We tried to introduce alternative evenings such as Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Japanese but apart from the Japanese night*, nobody seemed interested.
3. Numbers dwindled
4. Some people thought €15pp was too expensive
5. Some didn’t like or couldn’t travel to the areas that were selected
6. Nobody would step up to the plate and help arrange the nights

We still hold the Japanese nights normally in the first week of November and sometimes, but not always, a second night late March before the start of the tourist season. These nights are still very popular and well attended

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 pm 

Oh ok M.A.D :-( If some people want to have a meet up in Feb ? don't have to be a meal just a meet up that will be nice to meet some new people in Cyprus :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 pm 

pinkrose wrote:
Oh ok M.A.D :-( If some people want to have a meet up in Feb ? don't have to be a meal just a meet up that will be nice to meet some new people in Cyprus :grin:

In which 'area' will you be staying?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:16 pm 

M.A.D wrote:
pinkrose wrote:

In which 'area' will you be staying?[/quote

Hi M.A.D, Kato :greetings. We would like to meet new people and make new friends as we will be moving over in 2018 :celebrate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:39 pm 
Top of the pops

pinkrose wrote:
beverley wrote:

Hi Beverley :greetings I can assure you i don't know you or have ever met you in Paphos unless we have crossed paths and got chatting :grin: Thank you for clearing that up. As you had not picked on me I did not think you were a past banned poster. Welcome to PP, most of us are very helpful and pleasant. The monthly nights out have not happened for years. Attended one which was great and went to 2 of the Samisen nights, it is a pity people did not want to get involved.I did suggest a couple of venues but was told they were too far out of Paphos to be popular. Pity it was a nice way to meet people.

Yakflyer wrote:

I agree Yakflyer has helped me in the past and i find his / her posting very helpful indeed :grin: I have also not met Yakflyer either.

looking back on this forum i notice you used to meet up each month for a night out, can you not arrange a night in Feb so me and my other half can attend and meet some new people. :grin:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:02 am 

Hi Beverley, thanks for the welcome to Paphos People Forum :grin: If you are around in Feb 16 in Cyprus would love to meet up for a chat with other members from this forum ? Can we arrange something please so we can all get to know each other :greetings

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:36 pm 
Top of the pops

Just a 'nod' of appreciation to admin/mods here, which it has to be said I never thought I would post!

In particular, with reference to some of the posts here, on this threadin particular, regarding the effect on the forum of some of the altercations taking place, in which I have to say I played a part, with the best of intentions it must be said :-(

I would just like to point members to the number of posts on the forum today, after the suspension of specific members, in comparison with several days before that.

Well done Admin.

Jacs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:41 am 
Top of the pops

Indeed, there's a fresher and much more pleasant feel to the forum...at last.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:29 pm 
Top of the pops

I also agree to a much fresher feel to the forum. Well done the team. :bearhug

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body