The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:40 pm 
Junior

Hi Pete,
Not sure if this should be in the legal forum but I thought it might be of interest to all those still waiting for their title deeds.
If in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

I have been in touch with cpag - the cyprus property owners forum over charges the developer had added to my title deeds.
Here is an excerpt of the reply I received .

-For buyers still in the Title Deed Trap and paying annually or those being asked for large amounts, under the threat of the developer withholding theTitle Deeds (extortion?) – we recommend they quote the following incorrespondence with their developer : “Could you please prove what IPT youare liable to pay for my particular site and therefore what my legitimate and reclaimable contribution will be. I understand that legally I am within my rights not to pay you any IPT monies until you do so, without being in breach of my contract”.***
This excerpt is from a letter due to appear in the Cyprus Sunday Mail this week.
I should add my developer is not threatening to withhold my title deeds , but i am querying the amount added for IPT.
Kate

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:32 pm 
Hi Kate,

It's fine here as it's more like information for members than asking a legal question, so I'll not move it but thank you for considering that it might have been in the wrong section :D

May I suggest tho, that if you want to point out the important part, that you consider changing the colour of the relevant text, so it stands out more, that way, member will instantly see what they need too, just an idea :D :D

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:56 pm 
Junior

Thanks Pete, how do I do that?
Kate

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:34 am 
Top of the pops

golfwidow wrote:
Hi Pete,
Not sure if this should be in the legal forum but I thought it might be of interest to all those still waiting for their title deeds.
If in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

I have been in touch with cpag - the cyprus property owners forum over charges the developer had added to my title deeds.
Here is an excerpt of the reply I received .
-For buyers still in the Title Deed Trap and paying annually or those being asked for large amounts, under the threat of the developer withholding theTitle Deeds (extortion?) – we recommend they quote the following incorrespondence with their developer : “Could you please prove what IPT youare liable to pay for my particular site and therefore what my legitimate and reclaimable contribution will be. I understand that legally I am within my rights not to pay you any IPT monies until you do so, without being in breach of my contract”.***
This excerpt is from a letter due to appear in the Cyprus Sunday Mail this week.
I should add my developer is not threatening to withhold my title deeds , but i am querying the amount added for IPT.
Kate

Hi Kate,
Just run your mouse pointer over desired text keeping left mouse button depressed then point and click colour desired at right side of text screen. I think Pete will put me right if that's not correct info

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:44 am 
You can do it that way Mal but I find it easier now that when you get to the part you want to change colour you just click the colour you want to use & then type where the cursor is :lol:

Just have fun with the different colours while you're typing I say :smilielol

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body