Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Labour Leader
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Almost bound to be Corbyn.
Having returned my support to his Party (I am a floating voter over the years, having supported
Libs, Cons, and UKIP) I have gone back to my origins as it were; I voted for him..
I had no time for so called "New Labour", who were in the centre of Politics just to get voted in.
That eliminates the other 3 Candidates!
At a time when Cons are drifting to the "right", Corbyn is a traditional left wing Labourite.
We can all understand what he stands for - the ordinary working person.
His support from the Unions will counter balance the Cons' support from the City, Banks,
Financiers, and so on.
Assuming Corbyn is elected the new Leader, we are in for some very interesting times.
The Left Vs Right - just like it used to be.
Bring it on!
Geoff.

Post subject: Re: New Labour Leader
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:12 pm 
Top of the pops

Yesterday there was a labour party who lost an election because "red Ed" did not have the popularity of new labour and the labour policies were far too "old labour".

Tomorrow or the day after, there will be two labour parties neither will have electable policies and will spend the next 5 years fighting with each other and the SNP.

The real leader of the opposition in Nicola Sturgeon although she has no Westminster seat.

Geoff you had better settle down for a very very long conservative administration because you will probably never see a labour party government in your lifetime.

As a centre right supported I am delighted all you misguided folks voted Corbyn - Thank you :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:33 pm 
Top of the pops

The Tories will right now be straining their eyes towards heaven...and shouting jubilantly :Yesssss, there is a God" :lol:

Corbyn, with his outdated and miguided policies will ensure that Labour stays unelectable and out of power for years and years to come.

The World has moved on since the 1970's Geoff. But then I realise you're probably just trying to wind us all up :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:57 pm 
Graduate

I agree with you entirely PD, the two people who stand most to gain from this debacle are Cameron and Sturgeon. They are both probably keeping their fingers crossed that Corbyn wins!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:03 pm 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Almost bound to be Corbyn.
Having returned my support to his Party (I am a floating voter over the years, having supported
Libs, Cons, and UKIP) I have gone back to my origins as it were; I voted for him..
I had no time for so called "New Labour", who were in the centre of Politics just to get voted in.
That eliminates the other 3 Candidates!
At a time when Cons are drifting to the "right", Corbyn is a traditional left wing Labourite.
We can all understand what he stands for - the ordinary working person.
His support from the Unions will counter balance the Cons' support from the City, Banks,
Financiers, and so on.
Assuming Corbyn is elected the new Leader, we are in for some very interesting times.
The Left Vs Right - just like it used to be.
Bring it on!
Geoff.

Do you really believe what you are saying? Corbyn is like going back 30 years. The best leader Labour could have had was David Milliband, but he was stabbed in the back by his own brother with the help of the Unions. Labour are dead and gone, just like the Liberal party.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:18 pm 
Rock Star

Agree with all these posts except Geoffreys original.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:31 pm 
Graduate

Geoffreys, what is a traditional left wing labourite? Analyse this and you will come up with a communist? Yours (and JC's) thought processes are typical of this ethos, which will never ever become sustainable in UK politics. Your era is dead, and it took Mrs Thatcher to prove it. So accept it and shut up!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:45 pm 
Top of the pops

stu44 wrote:
Geoffreys, what is a traditional left wing labourite? Analyse this and you will come up with a communist? Yours (and JC's) thought processes are typical of this ethos, which will never ever become sustainable in UK politics. Your era is dead, and it took Mrs Thatcher to prove it. So accept it and shut up!

what an unneeded rude reply!
:shut up!:

we all have our own points of view!

from my own point of view
Thatcher and Blair both systematically ruined our once great country!

They both between them, made it into the heap that it is now!
with all of the UK greatness that we once had in spades full, totally and completely now gone forever!

what a great job they both did..........NOT!

what we do need now,
is a new brush to sweep away all of the dross of the past !
and get back to making the UK great again!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:53 am 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
stu44 wrote:

with all of the UK greatness that we once had in spades full, totally and completely now gone forever!

what we do need now,

Excellent post.
:clapping
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:06 am 
Top of the pops

migmogs wrote:
stu44 wrote:

what we do need now,

Could you be more specific on how Mrs. Thatcher systematically ruined Britain? What is this greatness that has now gone?

Also, how do you think Corbyn, if elected as leader and PM will make the UK great again?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:26 am 
Master

If elected Corbyn will be the best thing that happened to Conservatives this decade.

How stupid, Milliband fails in the General Election because he's too far to the left, so what do the membership do?

They elect a new leader who is even further to the left.

Although I must admit I do like the persona of Corbyn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:42 am 
Top of the pops

sky wrote:
If elected Corbyn will be the best thing that happened to Conservatives this decade.

How stupid, Milliband fails in the General Election because he's too far to the left, so what do the membership do?

They elect a new leader who is even further to the left.

Although I must admit I do like the persona of Corbyn.

This is the point!
To many of us Corbyn is a breath of fresh air, representing necessary change in UK.
You can argue details of Blair and Thatcher's administrations, both did some good, both did some harm.
Notably privatisations and the Iraq war.
Bottom line, however, the country is worse off as a result of both those "regimes", compounded
by other "minor" PM's meddlings.
The excesses of the "City" must now be reigned in.
A left wing Labour leader can do it.
Meantime let us hope the UK exits the EU.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:55 am 
Top of the pops

There is nothing fresh about Corbyn. He's simply regurgitating the worst of all the far left that has never worked about Labour. Sadly, not much ever works about Labour. Attractive as some of their policies might seem to those currently unhappy with austerity, they are rarely, if ever, funded appropriately. No government can simply go on handing out benefits and concessions without a parallel means of raising the money to fund them, and this is where Labour continually fail, leaving the country in a monumental economic mess which then has to be sorted through sensible conservative and Conservative government. That is what is happening in the UK now, the coalition started the UK climb back to sensible government and the sole Conservative government is on the right track to finish the job.

Added to this, Corbyn has never even served on the front bench, he has no experience of ministerial responsibility. If this were a Footsie 100 company would you put a CEO in charge who had only ever worked on the shop floor, with no managerial experience whatsoever? This simply would not happen in real life. So why would a political party even think of doing it, let alone a country!

Those saying that Corbyn's election will put Labour in the wilderness of government for years are so right. Those wanting a Labour government at the next election may have a very long wait. And if by some stroke of sheer luck they are elected at some point in the future it will for sure be the death knell for UK.com. far worse I believe than the mess left by Bliar and Brown.

Ask yourselves why many labour MPs are already saying they will not serve under him? No one readily ties themselves in to certain failure.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:13 am 
Top of the pops

Tallulah Savage wrote:
migmogs wrote:
stu44 wrote:

what we do need now,

Could you be more specific on how Mrs. Thatcher systematically ruined Britain? What is this greatness that has now gone?

Also, how do you think Corbyn, if elected as leader and PM will make the UK great again?

Thatcher, privatization of all of our utilities, the closing down of all technical colleges, thus making a shortage of highly skilled workers, which is what the uk was known for, joiners, bricklayers, engineers, welders, plumbers etc etc the 4year training was thrown out, this left young people who where not academic, no way forwards in the work place to learn an honest well paid trade, and lots ended up jobless and on the dole. Selling off Council Houses! and not replacing the stock for the poor to have houses to live in.
Blair, opening up our borders for 100's of thousands of peoples to migrate to the uk all at the same time, when before, people happily came to the uk in their dribs and drabs to work with us all, of which we where all okay with, and didn;t put a strain on the jobs market, the NHS and schools etc, turning our society into a society of benefits claimants, even workers where paid smaller wages by employers, to be made up by government benefits! the Iraq war!

I don;t by the way know if Corbyn is the answer!
I have no idea who the new brush should be to clear out the mess, we are now in.

Last edited by migmogs on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:20 am 
Top of the pops

A "breath of fresh air"? More like the bad smell of decay.

The only people who think that a left wing government is hope for the future are those with more money than sense, who think the state is better capable of spending their money than they are themselves; and of course the army of those whose hands are forever outstretched, demanding more, without ever putting anything back.

The privatisations were not a curse, but a blessing. They put investment into stagnating nationalised industries which the country could no longer afford, and governments of left and centre (we have never had a true government of the right) were equally committed to doing so.

The Iraq war involvement was a crime, but it merely demonstrated how far up Washington's backside UK politicians have crawled ... and continue to crawl. Any politician charged with running the UK would find it extremely difficult to withdraw from US clutches, and the government of such a creature would feel the sort of destabilisation that other countries that have gone against American interests have felt.

In a country mired in debt, governments have a responsibility to restore economic stability. The so called 'austerity' is merely a half-hearted attempt by the present government to do that. No government could survive the measures that are required to return the country to fiscal responsibility, so they mark time. A government run by a left wing crackpot who has already announced his intention to borrow even more is a liability that will make Brown's irresponsibility seem positively beneficial.

If Corbyn was ever to form a government, with support from the Scottish harpy, the movers and shakers who provide the resources on which these parasites feed, will leave in droves, much as they did when Hollande turned France into a basket case economy.

Add to that the fool welcomes the world's ne'er-do-wells to the country's shores ... and you think the election of this deluded fool as party leader is a good thing? Astonishing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:35 am 
Top of the pops

For Migmogs:
In my previous post I was using Privatisation as a BAD example of the Thatcher era.
It just made money for the Corporates (many of which are Foreign owned) at the
expense of the rest of us.
(as will happen in Cyprus too very shortly!).
On BBC News this morning it mentions that Corbyn is no fan of the EU and would support
leaving it.
That should ensure at least 4 million voters (ex-UKIP like me) in the country.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:51 pm 
Idol

Labour Party select new leadership duo and declares itself beyond parody

Attachment:
tom and jerry.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:52 pm 
Top of the pops

Why is it that some hate Thatcher so much? Yes, she challenged the Unions who were crippling the country, and WON. Good for her. She also wasn't prepared to capitulate to the Argentinians, and WON, and in the same instance restored the pride of those who believe in the UK not being bullied or belittled by tinpot dictators. Unfortunately we then had years of Blair, who brought the country down again, and yet I don't hear Labour supporters voicing the same hate against him as I do for Thatcher.
Can the leftists not understand what happened at the last election? Many of those who voted for Conservative might have voted for Labour, but realised that with such an inept "leader", for want of a better word, were going to be totally useless if they came into power. Also, the suggestion of a "partnership" with the Scottish party was about the final straw that broke their backs, so they voted a tremendous victory for the Conservatives.
As for Geoffrey, I suggest you are the archetypal "sitter on the fence". You lost, so accept it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:15 pm 
Top of the pops

An interesting set of comments, although not surprising, as the majority of British ex pats (in all countries) are Conservative supporters according to surveys.
If you look back, and some of us can look back further than others, labour has dome many good things. We only have to think of establishing the NHS, council house building schemes, education changes etc. However, they have done some bad things too, such as entering the Iraq war. All parties have done good and bad things in their time.
When I am looking who to support, I like clear choices. In the past I had them in the form of Con/Lab/Lib (with others available the further I moved away from Westminster). Conservative was the party of big business and privilege. Labour was the party of the worker and equality. Liberal was somewhere in the middle.
In recent times labour has lost it's way and tried to become more conservative. Blair was a conservative in all but name for example.
I welcome Corbyn as Labour leader. Not because I approve of any specific policy, but because it restores the clear blue water between the big two parties.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:44 pm 
Rock Star

I wish there was a party that would say:

We will give you the exact same benefits you would get in the country you have just left. And we certainly would not send you any UK benefits that you claim to the country you come from and live in. This will prevent certain Romanians from building houses with UK benefits money.

We will no longer send aid overseas to countries that 1.......put it in their leader's bank accounts or 2....that are the 2nd and 3rd richest nations on earth.

If we do not like the idiot laws that the idiots in the EU keep coming up with, we will so no to those laws, and refuse to pay the disgusting fines imposed.

We will stop kowtowing to a minority in our country who demand respect and yet want to run our country on alien principles and treat us with contempt.

Just little things like that from a political party would get my vote.

You know,........a party who puts the UK AND her citizens first.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:01 pm 
Top of the pops

outasite wrote:

We will give you the exact same benefits you would get in the country you have just left. And we certainly would not send you any UK benefits that you claim to the country you come from and live in. This will prevent certain Romanians from building houses with UK benefits money.

We will no longer send aid overseas to countries that 1.......put it in their leader's bank accounts or 2....that are the 2nd and 3rd richest nations on earth.

If we do not like the idiot laws that the idiots in the EU keep coming up with, we will so no to those laws, and refuse to pay the disgusting fines imposed.

We will stop kowtowing to a minority in our country who demand respect and yet want to run our country on alien principles and treat us with contempt.

YOU HAVE GOT SUCH A PARTY NOW.
THE LABOUR PARTY.
Did you see Millyspeed on TV after Corbyn was elected?
He came over as the pratt he is, that lost them the General Election.
I do hope they will ALL get behind Corbyn now.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:30 pm 
Graduate

Geoffreys, I would be interested to know the parameters by which you define somebody as a pratt Do you perhaps read and digest the diatribe that they write or say, or do you just look in the mirror and compare?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:49 pm 
Top of the pops

stu44 wrote:
Geoffreys, I would be interested to know the parameters by which you define somebody as a pratt Do you perhaps read and digest the diatribe that they write or say, or do you just look in the mirror and compare?

I would suggest you are correct when you say he looks in the mirror and compares. He, from the comments he has already made, "changes with the wind".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:41 pm 
Major

Location: A place to meet people with a common interest - as long as you all RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
geoffreys wrote:
outasite wrote:

THE LABOUR PARTY.
Geoff.

Geoff,

You are really as dumb as I feared. People like you really do exist... There is always Darwanism...

Most users online was 189 on 24 Feb 2009, before I banned them and deleted their posts.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:48 pm 

OK hopefully for the last time can we please STOP the personal insults that are starting to slip in. :huff Thank You

“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:54 pm 
Top of the pops

M.A.D wrote:
OK hopefully for the last time can we please STOP the personal insults that are starting to slip in. :huff Thank You

:clap :clap :clap :clap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:19 pm 
Top of the pops

Will be interesting to see if he can put together a shadow cabinet. Apparently 90% of Labour MPs did NOT support Corbyn, and most of the the existing cabinet will be resigning as they do not support him either.

In electing Corbyn, Labour once more pressed the self-destruct button.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:25 am 

KG wrote:
A "breath of fresh air"? More like the bad smell of decay.

The only people who think that a left wing government is hope for the future are those with more money than sense, who think the state is better capable of spending their money than they are themselves; and of course the army of those whose hands are forever outstretched, demanding more, without ever putting anything back.

The privatisations were not a curse, but a blessing. They put investment into stagnating nationalised industries which the country could no longer afford, and governments of left and centre (we have never had a true government of the right) were equally committed to doing so.

The Iraq war involvement was a crime, but it merely demonstrated how far up Washington's backside UK politicians have crawled ... and continue to crawl. Any politician charged with running the UK would find it extremely difficult to withdraw from US clutches, and the government of such a creature would feel the sort of destabilisation that other countries that have gone against American interests have felt.

Nob-head ! :rocky

In a country mired in debt, governments have a responsibility to restore economic stability. The so called 'austerity' is merely a half-hearted attempt by the present government to do that. No government could survive the measures that are required to return the country to fiscal responsibility, so they mark time. A government run by a left wing crackpot who has already announced his intention to borrow even more is a liability that will make Brown's irresponsibility seem positively beneficial.

If Corbyn was ever to form a government, with support from the Scottish harpy, the movers and shakers who provide the resources on which these parasites feed, will leave in droves, much as they did when Hollande turned France into a basket case economy.

Add to that the fool welcomes the world's ne'er-do-wells to the country's shores ... and you think the election of this deluded fool as party leader is a good thing? Astonishing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:00 am 
Top of the pops

It has been reported that following Corbyn's election as leader that George Galloway is
to re-join the Party.
The clans are gathering!
Corbyn will have no difficulty in forming a shadow cabinet.
The public are fed up with politicians and double talk.
Corbyn speaks his mind, always has. Whether you agree with his policies or not,
you always know he is a straight talker from his heart.
Anybody who writes off the Labour Party now I think is deluded.
Interesting times ahead ........
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:09 am 
Top of the pops

Oh well if Galloway is rejoining the country will rejoice, won't they?! Talk is VERY cheap, actually doing something is far more difficult! Although it is always very easy to promise the masses everything, then put the country into hock to pay for it. Then of course they blame everyone else for their stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:20 am 
Top of the pops

what we do need now,

Thatcher, privatization of all of our utilities, the closing down of all technical colleges, thus making a shortage of highly skilled workers, which is what the uk was known for, joiners, bricklayers, engineers, welders, plumbers etc etc the 4year training was thrown out, this left young people who where not academic, no way forwards in the work place to learn an honest well paid trade, and lots ended up jobless and on the dole. Selling off Council Houses! and not replacing the stock for the poor to have houses to live in.
Blair, opening up our borders for 100's of thousands of peoples to migrate to the uk all at the same time, when before, people happily came to the uk in their dribs and drabs to work with us all, of which we where all okay with, and didn;t put a strain on the jobs market, the NHS and schools etc, turning our society into a society of benefits claimants, even workers where paid smaller wages by employers, to be made up by government benefits! the Iraq war!

I don;t by the way know if Corbyn is the answer!
I have no idea who the new brush should be to clear out the mess, we are now in.[/quote][/quote]

Hmmm so are you saying that council houses, technical colleges, and lack of immigrants are what made Britain great? Benefits claimants have always been there and always will. The N.H.S. has always been overstretched, it's a financial black hole.

Surely there are still colleges for people to study a trade in? Isn't home ownership and the chances people got to do this a good thing? Thatcher, for all her faults put Britain back on the map in so many ways, from the dark days of the 1970's sick man of Europe etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:41 am 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
It has been reported that following Corbyn's election as leader that George Galloway is
to re-join the Party.
The clans are gathering!
Geoff.

Do you seriously believe that a majority will vote for a man who:

1. Stood in silence to commemorate the deaths of IRA murderers killed by the SAS
2. Wants to give the Falklands to Argentina
3. Wants to get rid of the UK's nuclear deterrent
4. Cannot think of a situation where he would deploy British Forces
5. Would put an upper limit cap on salaries
6. Would force private landlords to have to sell their houses to sitting tenants if the tenant wanted that
7. Would enforce comprehensive schooling on all children
8. Would not support air strikes in Syria but would rather talk to the Islamic State murdering scum (shades of Neville Chamberlain there)
9. Wants to see the UK withdraw from Northern Ireland so that Ireland can be re-united

In the words of John McEnroe "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!"

Chris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:54 am 
Star

outasite wrote:

There is a political party that agrees with, and would carry out all your wishes as atated above but very few people will vote for them......Life certainly is strange :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:08 am 
Top of the pops

Reply to "Judge":
Yes.
Geoff.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 am 
Top of the pops

geoffreys wrote:
Reply to "Judge":
Yes.
Geoff.

Can I have some of whatever you are on Geoff?? :crylaughin

chris

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:32 am 
Top of the pops

Judge wrote:
geoffreys wrote:
to re-join the Party.
The clans are gathering!
Geoff.

Do you seriously believe that a majority will vote for a man who:

1. Stood in silence to commemorate the deaths of IRA murderers killed by the SAS
2. Wants to give the Falklands to Argentina
3. Wants to get rid of the UK's nuclear deterrent
4. Cannot think of a situation where he would deploy British Forces
5. Would put an upper limit cap on salaries
6. Would force private landlords to have to sell their houses to sitting tenants if the tenant wanted that
7. Would enforce comprehensive schooling on all children
8. Would not support air strikes in Syria but would rather talk to the Islamic State murdering scum (shades of Neville Chamberlain there)
9. Wants to see the UK withdraw from Northern Ireland so that Ireland can be re-united

In the words of John McEnroe "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!"

Chris

:clap :clap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:35 am 
Top of the pops

Just to clarify Geoff, you're in favour of suspending bombing of ISIS individuals and targets in Syria...and opening a dialogue with them?

If so, that says a lot about you.

But I believe that having been banned from two other Cyprus forums, you're simply intent on making mischief on this one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:52 am 
Rock Star

geoffreys wrote:

THE LABOUR PARTY.
Geoff.

Geoff,
In the late 60s Harold and Co devalued the Pound due to their disastrous mis-management of the economy.

In the 70s Harold and Co once again managed to totally mis-manage the economy to the effect that when I went on holiday to the USA, good old silly billy bushy eyebrowed Denis Healey let me officially take the fantastic amount of 10 quid with me. Of course I took a whole lot more because 10 quid would have been swallowed up by the cab fare from JFK to the city.

In the 80s and early 90s Thatcher and Major ran the country....making it possibly right up in the stratosphere prosperity wise.
But then in 1997 the Great British Public voted in the most mealy mouthed, lying, war mongering piece of multi millionaire socialist flotsam to run the country and he immediately began bu**ering up my country.
His mate Grevious Brown totally ruined my old age with his raids on pensions. Not that he or his cronies of whichever party will suffer in their twilight years.
Those 2, plus his fatness Prescott, and his Blindness Mr - How Dare you think such nasty thoughts about non British people go straight to jail you racist you - Blunkett, and of course Alistair and that total waste of a Lordship the lying cheating thief Mandleson who got thrown out twice(?) because he was such a sh*t. Not forgetting the Final Jack Straw that broke the Immigration camel's back with his come on in policies.

And now we have a left winger who would probably be happier if we were in the Warsaw Pact instead of Nato.

So on past performance of your precious Labour party..........I beg to disagree with your statement.

No doubt I wouldn't be allowed to show this anywhere in England if they get in again........ :england

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:03 pm 
Idol

geoffreys wrote:
Reply to "Judge":
Yes.
Geoff.

You were the one that KNEW ukip would win the last general election! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:19 pm 
Top of the pops

"You were the one that KNEW ukip would win the last general election! :lol: :lol: :lol:"

Ah yes, but then he saw the light, as dispensed by the Fat Controller and changed his mind again to The Reds!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:43 pm 
Top of the pops

Now available at all Labour Party Outlets, stores and stalls.................

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:30 pm 
Rock Star

Hello to all, low voltage back in the rather wet UK, I am an Englishman who in June left Cyprus (Mistake) now living just outside Dumfries. I d find it rather funny reading all the comments on the new Labour leader. Last night I went out to dinner with friends, the party consisted of 4 scots, one Northern Irish and one English (me) also some locals who we knew. All the Scots said Labour had just done them a big favour as the referendum for out can now be raised again, the debate became hilarious and funny to the point of tears of laughter.

Now is that not strange, like him or hate him he has got people laughing and joking, how politics can some times be fun.

Regards to all, might be back next year.
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:36 pm 
Graduate

I've just read this on the BBC News pages and also had to have a chuckle:-
The election of Jeremy Corbyn is (quote) "an act of political stupidity unparalleled since Caligula appointed his horse to the Roman senate"
Just about says it all really!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:16 pm 
Rock Star

Outasite

Quote:
Geoff,
In the late 60s Harold and Co devalued the Pound due to their disastrous mis-management of the economy.

In the 70s Harold and Co once again managed to totally mis-manage the economy to the effect that when I went on holiday to the USA, good old silly billy bushy eyebrowed Denis Healey let me officially take the fantastic amount of 10 quid with me. Of course I took a whole lot more because 10 quid would have been swallowed up by the cab fare from JFK to the city.

In the 80s and early 90s Thatcher and Major ran the country....making it possibly right up in the stratosphere prosperity wise.
But then in 1997 the Great British Public voted in the most mealy mouthed, lying, war mongering piece of multi millionaire socialist flotsam to run the country and he immediately began bu**ering up my country.
His mate Grevious Brown totally ruined my old age with his raids on pensions. Not that he or his cronies of whichever party will suffer in their twilight years.
Those 2, plus his fatness Prescott, and his Blindness Mr - How Dare you think such nasty thoughts about non British people go straight to jail you racist you - Blunkett, and of course Alistair and that total waste of a Lordship the lying cheating thief Mandleson who got thrown out twice(?) because he was such a sh*t. Not forgetting the Final Jack Straw that broke the Immigration camel's back with his come on in policies.

Could not have said it better myself!

Think about this if you run a company you use an accountant for you accounts right.

Labour made Gordon Brown (James Gordon Brown) the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

And he has a PHD in history with no financial training.

Why the hell did he get that job then!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:58 pm 
Top of the pops

Paul & Lesley wrote:
Outasite

Quote:
Geoff,

Think about this if you run a company you use an accountant for you accounts right.

George Osborne, also studied history :shock:
and also has no financial training :shock:
history repeating itself then! he was a failed Times Trainee! but he is due to be a Baron lol :grin:
can';t help but wonder how HE got the job, but how brilliant an untrained failed rich man of the Aristocracy has been put in charge of dealing out the worst Austerity Plans to affect the poorest groups in the uk :grin:
Hm! I am sure that he has been all heart when doing this job!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Osborne

Last edited by migmogs on Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:08 pm 
Rock Star

Paul and Lesley
Grevious Brown is a canny Scottish person who like all canny Scottish persons looks after his money well.

He is also a Socialist which meant that he could 1.......spend all the money left over from the previous Government....lots and lots........2......sell the country's gold at toilet rates when he'd spent all the money left over by the previous lot......3......borrow lots and lots and then lots and lots more for New Labour's hair brained schemes........4...leave a mountainous almost insurmountable debt for the new Government when the UK kicked him out.

Of course, the fact he was kicked out in no way prevents him from having an extremely comfortable twilight of his years, what with his parliamentary pension, and all the rest. All paid for by thee and me, of course. But not a whim of concience I would hazard a guess.

As for a PHD in history, I would refer you to my previous post and hazard a guess that he thought he could do better than all the other idiot Chancellors of the Exchequer . :greetings

However, that nice The Honourable Ian Duncan Smith, MP and Minister of State for F*cking Up Your Old Age, is busy working out how much he can take back from me, when I get my pension next August. All those years paying in, and then this git comes along and takes a load back. I just KNEW I should have been born somewhere in the Commonwealth, or even another EU country. Boy, could I have gotten a load then. :crylaughin

So all members of Parliament are, IMHO, out for themselves and only think about the voters come election year. Still, so long as they are OK in their twilight years, eh?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:57 pm 
Star

Paul & Lesley wrote:
Outasite

Quote:
Geoff,

Similar to George Osborne then, Chancellor of the Exchequer for the Tories,

Jim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:28 pm 
Top of the pops

Hhhhmmmmm! Except that Brown was both economically and financially a dismal failure and Osborne is a resounding succes!! For UK.com that is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:49 pm 
Star

Jeremy Corbyn lets say,becomes the prime minister..He goes to a meeting in the White House.....They will think the UK have gone :banana ..... They are not stupid the Americans (our closest allies)they are taking notice of us ,do they think with our oppositon electing this left winger we have finally flipt.I have relatives who live there and believe me they have got their eyes on us. :shock:

Last edited by vine on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:50 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
Hhhhmmmmm! Except that Brown was both economically and financially a dismal failure and Osborne is a resounding succes!! For UK.com that is.

Oh what a guy! NOT!
please read about his TRUE aristocracy life! and what he definitely didn;t achieve

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Osborne

quotes below from above link from wikipedia on the mighty George Osborne

By 2015 the annual deficit had been cut by about half of the initial target, so the debt-to-GDP ratio was still rising. Government debt had increased more during the 5-year term than during the previous 13 years.[69]

As of 2013 Osborne had not at any time in his life visited a food bank. Labour MP Teresa Pearce said that most people have helped out at food banks but Osborne treated them as irrelevant.[70]

The Institute for Fiscal Studies claims the budget reduced incomes of poor people in the UK disproportionately, notably those in low paid work, and that Osborne's declared goal of increasing work incentives[80][81] will not clearly be achieved.[82] Paul Johnson of the IFS said "The key fact is that the increase in the minimum wage simply cannot provide full compensation for the majority of losses that will be experienced by tax credit recipients (...) Significant allowances were an integral part of the design of universal credit, intended to give claimants an incentive to move into work. This reform will cost about 3 million families an average of £1,000 a year each. It will reduce the incentive for the first earner in the family to enter work."[83]

Shadow Health Secretary Andy Burnham wrote: "The biggest slap in the face for young people in this budget is what George Osborne has done on pay. His flagship proposal of a national living wage only kicks in at 25, but his cuts to tax credits affect people of all ages. He was not honest about this before the election and has no mandate for his plans. There is a real risk this will cement a two-tier workforce between young and old as he brings down the deficit on the backs of young people."[84]

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body