The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Camera advice plz
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:26 pm 
Top of the pops

Any Camera mad people out there. I looking for a new camera, which are the best ones to buy, and would it be cheaper if i brought in Cyprus or UK. I got £400 to spend on one. I brought one last year, and it broken now, keeps turning off, even with new batteries in. But it only cost me £120 so can't moan really

So any advice please would be great, before i buy a camera for £400 and it only worth £100. :doh

Post subject: Re: Camera advice plz
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 pm 
Forum Admin

I got the wife a sony-cyber-shot 7.0 meg with a 1gig chip
No batteries as it charges up , very small and great pictures,
the chip will hold 100`s of pictures and video , so no problems with that ever getting full.
it was only a few hundred pounds
they will be cheaper now !
best camera I ever bought :wink:

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:34 pm 
Top of the pops

Neil would it be cheaper if i brought in Cyprus or uk ???

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:37 pm 
Forum Admin

markwoods39 wrote:
Neil would it be cheaper if i brought in Cyprus or uk ???

dont know mate ... the last time I was in the UK, maggie was in power :shock: :shock: :shock: :smilielol

Try EBay ??

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:50 pm 
Forum Admin

here
this is the model we have, the p200.
http://www.fotoelectronics.com/Qstore/Q ... 1123520080
$300 = 150stg + another $50 for a 1GB chip .. not bad ..

or half empty ? .
I drank it .....
The opportunist..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:08 pm 
Junior

Are you looking for a compact or a full blown digital SLR.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:22 pm 
Top of the pops

I suppose it depends on what sort of camera you are looking for, but the Panasonic Lumix gives you a lot of camera for your money - http://www.pixmania.com/gr/gr/920305/art/panasonic/lumix-lumix-dmc-tz5-oieie.html
and the Canon's are always great cameras.

I am now on my second Digital Ixus - http://www.pixmania.com/gr/gr/canon/5/marque.html (I dropped the first, though it still works). The Ixus has the distinct advantages that it has a metal body, so is quite robust, and even in its leather case it will still fit easily in the pocket, so unlike an SLR you tend to have it with you always. It's big disadvantage (unlike the older one) is that it doesn't have a conventional viewfinder which is a pain in bright sunlight.

Pixmania will deliver to Cyprus without problem, though the local site, with whom you must deal, is in Greek only. You can check specs. etc in English on the UK site.

Check on-line prices against local prices which tend to be a tad high. I got my daughter to buy my current camera on-line from a cheaper supplier who wouldn't deliver here and she brought it over when visiting :)

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:24 pm 
Top of the pops

bill wrote:
Are you looking for a compact or a full blown digital SLR.

Bill

Thanks Neil

Bill all i am looking for is one that will take a good photo.compact or a full blown digital SLR, Means nothing to me. We do take lot's off photo, as my wife a florist, and see takes pic of her work.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:09 pm 
Rock Star

Mark,
At the risk of being contradicted I would almost guarantee you will not find cheaper (particularly for Canon) than from here.
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=1&type=1010&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

Unfortunately they will not deliver to Cyprus but as you are in the UK you should have no problem.

Brian

PS. I would recommend the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Digital Camera for one reason.
It has a 28mm Wide Angle & 10x Optical Zoom LEICA Lens

See it here.

Very good value at around £200 sterling for a 9.1 mpix camera and one of the only compacts with a 10 times OPTICAL zoom. Forget digital zoom it isn't worth having.

All in all a superb piece of kit.

Last edited by sevener on Thu May 01, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:16 pm 
Junior

to me Canon is unbeatable in the SLA range ( the old 10d for me is still the best but that's anther story) but thats a persoanal preference, for a poiny and shoot - sony cybershot for sure!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:10 pm 
Top of the pops

sevener wrote:
Mark,
At the risk of being contradicted I would almost guarantee you will not find cheaper (particularly for Canon) than from here.
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.php?cat=1&type=1010&man=0&filterwords=&go=SEARCH&comp=

Unfortunately they will not deliver to Cyprus but as you are in the UK you should have no problem.

Brian

PS. I would recommend the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Digital Camera for one reason.
It has a 28mm Wide Angle & 10x Optical Zoom LEICA Lens

Very good value at around £200 sterling for a 9.1 mpix camera and one of the only compacts with a 10 times OPTICAL zoom. Forget digital zoom it isn't worth having.

All in all a superb piece of kit.

Ok thanks people i just ordered one here the spec, i should get it on sat as i was a bit late ordering it tonight, and wow it was only £209 from £299 what a bargain.
Features at a glance
28mm Wide Angle & 10x Optical Zoom LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens
Intelligent Auto mode with Intelligent Exposure
1/2.33” CCD 9.1 megapixels
High picture quality and high sensitivity by Venus Engine IV
3.0” (460k dots) Intelligent LCD with Auto-Brightness Control
30 fps High-Definition Motion picture/ HD output

The 28mm Wide Angle & 10x Optical Zoom Intelligent Compact Camera, Perfect for Traveling.

Panasonic is pleased to introduce Lumix digital camera, 9.1-megapixel DMC-TZ5, featuring a 28mm wide-angle 10x optical zoom Leica DC lens (equivalent to 28-280mm on a 35mm film camera). The 28mm wide angle lens captures the subject and the scene wider at the same standpoint than normal 35mm camera does and you can zoom in or out to magnify a distant subject when desired with the 10x optical zoom.

The Intelligent Auto mode, which comprises various shooting-assist functions, has been advanced for the DMC-TZ5 by newly adding the Intelligent Exposure feature and Digital Red-eye. The high-performance image-processing LSI has newly entered its fourth generation, to be reborn as Venus Engine IV to assure higher-quality pictures with an advanced signal processing system.

The DMC-TZ5 is renowned for packaging a remarkable 28mm wide angle 10x optical zoom lens in a compact body. Notably, the DMC-TZ5 newly integrates the capability of recording 720pHD (high-definition) motion pictures together with its direct output function allowing users to enjoy watching both still and motion pictures in impressive HD quality on a large-screen HDTV via an optional component cable.

The DMC-TZ5 boasts Intelligent LCD function, which detects the lighting condition and controls the brightness level of the LCD in 11 fine steps, to offer a display with most appropriate clarity in any situations with newly developed 460,000-dot high resolution in 3.0-inch.

LEICA DC Lens:
Panasonic's goal with LUMIX is to help people find the great photographer inside them. As the lens is the 'eye' of the camera, getting this part of the camera right is fundamental to taking better photos

What is Supplied in the Box ?

Panasonic TZ5 Digital Camera (Blue), A/V Cable, USB Interface Cable, CGA-S007A Battery & Battery Case, Battery Charger, wrist strap, software CD-ROM, Manuals

For full spec please click here.

This item is compatible with both SD & SD-HC.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:12 pm 
Top of the pops

OPPS For got to say thank you sevener for the link and advice which i took :celebrate

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Kirsten has a brill camera and does everything and sure if you google it mark you can read info.

Fujifilm finepix z but don't get one in pink like she has :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:28 pm 
Top of the pops

oooops must have been typing and sent just after you mark..nice buy there :lol:

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body