Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:26 am 
Star

Good article on Nigel's website today, written by Hermes Solomon.....

GOOD governance is paramount to a healthy economy. This week I include land registries, planning departments, building inspectors, mayors and councillors to last week’s list of dishonest and greedy developers in cahoots with bent lawyers, bankers and politicians – miscreants all. The administration is rotten to the core On-going investigations into land registry misdealing are only the tip of the Cyprus property scam iceberg. The ‘big meltdown’ is finally underway. Bad governance was of little consequence years back, when land and building costs were relatively cheap and ‘foreign’ interest minimal. Parents scrimped and saved to build homes to marry off their daughters; bank loans rarely came into play. Then ‘Charlie’ money arrived from the colonies, land prices soared and the indigenes became rich on the backs of emigrant relatives, who chose to build homes here for their dotage. Add to that northern Europeans seeking a place in the sun, and the construction industry boomed from 1976 until 2008. During the boom, bad governance became ‘an industry’, sweeping up in its wake honest government employees – join us or stay quiet, oppose us and be denied promotion. By the time the financial crisis finally hit Cyprus, the entire administration was under the control of ‘the property scammers’. And we know who they are; it’s just a matter of ‘disinfecting their books’ with a fine tooth comb for our courts and hospitals to overflow with the vermin that brought this country to its knees.

Read more at: http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... agazine%29
Copyright © Cyprus Property News

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:00 pm 
Top of the pops

Lyn :clap

Closets, skeletons and loads more to come out. Sadly I see it daily to such an extent that most people (especially the british) cannot actually believe it is and has happened.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:54 pm 
Rock Star

Now we will see the worms wiggle now the lid is off the can!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:14 pm 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
Good article on Nigel's website today, written by Hermes Solomon.....

GOOD governance is paramount to a healthy economy. This week I include land registries, planning departments, building inspectors, mayors and councillors to last week’s list of dishonest and greedy developers in cahoots with bent lawyers, bankers and politicians – miscreants all. The administration is rotten to the core On-going investigations into land registry misdealing are only the tip of the Cyprus property scam iceberg. The ‘big meltdown’ is finally underway. Bad governance was of little consequence years back, when land and building costs were relatively cheap and ‘foreign’ interest minimal. Parents scrimped and saved to build homes to marry off their daughters; bank loans rarely came into play. Then ‘Charlie’ money arrived from the colonies, land prices soared and the indigenes became rich on the backs of emigrant relatives, who chose to build homes here for their dotage. Add to that northern Europeans seeking a place in the sun, and the construction industry boomed from 1976 until 2008. During the boom, bad governance became ‘an industry’, sweeping up in its wake honest government employees – join us or stay quiet, oppose us and be denied promotion. By the time the financial crisis finally hit Cyprus, the entire administration was under the control of ‘the property scammers’. And we know who they are; it’s just a matter of ‘disinfecting their books’ with a fine tooth comb for our courts and hospitals to overflow with the vermin that brought this country to its knees.

Read more at: http://www.news.cyprus-property-buyers. ... agazine%29
Copyright © Cyprus Property News

You really hate Cyprus, don't you? I suppose Britain is so perfect!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:22 pm 
Rock Star

Lyn only re-posted the article, which has been written by a Cypriot and actually sums up the situation very well...nothing to do with hating Cyprus at all....And compared to the property market in Cyprus.....yes the UK market is squeaky clean.... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:37 pm 
Top of the pops

Hudswell wrote:
Lyn only re-posted the article, which has been written by a Cypriot and actually sums up the situation very well...nothing to do with hating Cyprus at all....And compared to the property market in Cyprus.....yes the UK market is squeaky clean.... :roll:

I wasn't just referring to this thread re the postings made!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:26 pm 
Star

Yep that's why I own property and land ( second property btw ) cause I hate it..plonker!

This article today has been welcomed all over Cyprus by thousands, it shows the very beginning of the end of a group of people who between them brought Cyprus to its knees.

Btw I'm a realist, get things done, get things changed, light at the end of the tunnel etc etc...

Thanks Hudswell, you always make sense of everything, Cyprus needs people like you that enjoy it, but arent totally blinkered...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:18 am 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
Yep that's why I own property and land ( second property btw ) cause I hate it..plonker!

This article today has been welcomed all over Cyprus by thousands, it shows the very beginning of the end of a group of people who between them brought Cyprus to its knees.

Btw I'm a realist, get things done, get things changed, light at the end of the tunnel etc etc...

Thanks Hudswell, you always make sense of everything, Cyprus needs people like you that enjoy it, but arent totally blinkered...

Firstly, I would not have the ignorance to call you a plonker. Secondly, some of us who actually live in Cyprus rather than
just own property here, are not blinkered, but acknowledge that Cyprus, just like every other country in the world, including
Britain, have their own individual problems. Pity you need someone to back up your argument! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:54 am 
Graduate

I agree with lynsab.

Bianca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:18 am 
Star

If the cap fits WD.......you often attack people's posts without thought beforehand you should allow time to stop and think before you do.

I thought plonker was a nice word...

This isn't about you or me, but you made it personal yet again! it's about the many thousands of people who may well see real and proper justice, an end in sight to their loss of money and the stress these people have caused, are you aware at all the amount of people affected?

I was one of the lucky ones after purchasing my first place in 2004, spotting the obvious scam, after reading Nigel's excellent website and consulting with CPAG and speaking to the wonderful Denis OHare....after which I promoted CPAG to all the forums, they have been instrumental in getting all of the scams highlighted, at one time at danger to themselves, actually they we were met with some negativity then, I'm surprised to see ANY negativity today, as everyone realises how bad it is....

We sold in 06 rented and bought land and built on the land, we've lived in Cyprus for years, until we'd had enough, missed our kids family and friends and rented it out to the SBA and returned, which bit of that story bothers you? The fact that people actually return, the fact that people prefer the UK to Cyprus? Or none of the above...

I loved Cyprus, and I still own a property with an acre of land, that's quite a commitment...yes we obviously will sell in the future, but it's a good income at the moment so we will keep it going, I'm over next spring to do some maintenance I'm sure you'd love to visit, we live near to Ayios Nicolaous..... :greetings

Hudswell is a expat who will cope well in Cyprus or anywhere, you can tell from his postings, he doesn't live in a bubble, he's aware of things around him and doesn't spend his days slagging off the UK to justify his choices in life as some appear to do...he keeps everything balanced and I know many expats in Cyprus living in my village, they show the same qualities as Hudswell, they are the content ones .....

Sorry Hudswell to use you as an example without your permission, and we don't always agree on stuff in life, but I think on Cyprus we do...

One of my friends has just left Cyprus last week, they've been there longer than us, her family includes Greek Cypriots living in the UK. But they too called it a day, and they too left a property rented out...it happens, she doesn't hate either country, niether do we, that's why we can move on....

Obviously we won't be moving back...but we will be back..I know that makes you very happy WD :bearhug

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:36 pm 
Rock Star

Quote:
as everyone realises how bad it is....

Hi Lynsab,

Yeah,we can see how bad it is, but not a lot is changing!
The same band playing on the Titanic, springs to mind.
Unfortunately (unlike slightly smug you) some of us are still aboard!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
If the cap fits WD.......you often attack people's posts without thought beforehand you should allow time to stop and think before you do.

I thought plonker was a nice word...

This isn't about you or me, but you made it personal yet again! it's about the many thousands of people who may well see real and proper justice, an end in sight to their loss of money and the stress these people have caused, are you aware at all the amount of people affected?

I was one of the lucky ones after purchasing my first place in 2004, spotting the obvious scam, after reading Nigel's excellent website and consulting with CPAG and speaking to the wonderful Denis OHare....after which I promoted CPAG to all the forums, they have been instrumental in getting all of the scams highlighted, at one time at danger to themselves, actually they we were met with some negativity then, I'm surprised to see ANY negativity today, as everyone realises how bad it is....

We sold in 06 rented and bought land and built on the land, we've lived in Cyprus for years, until we'd had enough, missed our kids family and friends and rented it out to the SBA and returned, which bit of that story bothers you? The fact that people actually return, the fact that people prefer the UK to Cyprus? Or none of the above...

I loved Cyprus, and I still own a property with an acre of land, that's quite a commitment...yes we obviously will sell in the future, but it's a good income at the moment so we will keep it going, I'm over next spring to do some maintenance I'm sure you'd love to visit, we live near to Ayios Nicolaous..... :greetings

Hudswell is a expat who will cope well in Cyprus or anywhere, you can tell from his postings, he doesn't live in a bubble, he's aware of things around him and doesn't spend his days slagging off the UK to justify his choices in life as some appear to do...he keeps everything balanced and I know many expats in Cyprus living in my village, they show the same qualities as Hudswell, they are the content ones .....

Sorry Hudswell to use you as an example without your permission, and we don't always agree on stuff in life, but I think on Cyprus we do...

One of my friends has just left Cyprus last week, they've been there longer than us, her family includes Greek Cypriots living in the UK. But they too called it a day, and they too left a property rented out...it happens, she doesn't hate either country, niether do we, that's why we can move on....

Obviously we won't be moving back...but we will be back..I know that makes you very happy WD :bearhug

I am well aware of problems faced by some people who purchased here. What I do not like is your condescending manner as soon as any of your epistles hammering Cyprus from another country, is challenged, and only you have made it personal. I, and others like me do not live in a "bubble" as you put it. We came here to live and make it an enjoyable experience, and find your opinion of us who live in Cyprus on a happy basis, to be totally unacceptable, and also derogatory. Probably best that as you think of us as "plonkers" that you stay in the comfort of your wonderful Britain.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 pm 
Top of the pops

Topgun wrote:
Quote:
as everyone realises how bad it is....

Hi Lynsab,

Yeah,we can see how bad it is, but not a lot is changing!
The same band playing on the Titanic, springs to mind.
Unfortunately (unlike slightly smug you) some of us are still aboard!

:goodpost :clap :clap :clap Well said Topgun. Answered her insidious comments in a nutshell!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:18 pm 
Top of the pops

No wavy, please don't include all of us in your assumptions. You persistently make things personal, usually as a means to make derogatory remarks and you frequently make a plonker of yourself, so please don't criticise Lynsab for her use of that term. I don't know Lynsab, nor you for that matter, but have been on the wrong end of your snide comments often enough to know that you seem to think yourself a bit of a know all on all things Cypriot.

I've lived here 8 years and spent 18 years before that visiting and checking the place out, yet have still been seriously upset at the level of corruption, 'brown envelope culture', manipulation and downright criminality and corruption. Had I known this before I bought property here I would have run a million miles in the opposite direction!!

So I see no problem with someone who has managed to some extent to escape this cesspit of a 'banana republic'. I don't sit comfortably with the continued machinations of the Cyprus Mafia, manipulating and controlling the whole island to their personal advantage.

I would love to hear your 'personal knowledge' in defence of these comments wavy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
No wavy, please don't include all of us in your assumptions. You persistently make things personal, usually as a means to make derogatory remarks and you frequently make a plonker of yourself, so please don't criticise Lynsab for her use of that term. I don't know Lynsab, nor you for that matter, but have been on the wrong end of your snide comments often enough to know that you seem to think yourself a bit of a know all on all things Cypriot.

I've lived here 8 years and spent 18 years before that visiting and checking the place out, yet have still been seriously upset at the level of corruption, 'brown envelope culture', manipulation and downright criminality and corruption. Had I known this before I bought property here I would have run a million miles in the opposite direction!!

So I see no problem with someone who has managed to some extent to escape this cesspit of a 'banana republic'. I don't sit comfortably with the continued machinations of the Cyprus Mafia, manipulating and controlling the whole island to their personal advantage.

I would love to hear your 'personal knowledge' in defence of these comments wavy.

Well if that is your opinion, then why don't you escape this cesspit, as you put it. I do not agree with corruption, but then there is some form of corruption in every country in the world. As for me being a plonker as you put it, aren't you the same person who fronts the Paphiakos organisation who are still refusing to answer questions re the putting down of animals, and circumventing the law regarding paying VAT to the Cypriot authorities? Corruption? Pot calling the kettle black Jacs! I refuse to call you names, just as I stated the same to "Lynsab", as I consider it childish. Don't like your opinions challenged do you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 pm 
Star

Gosh that's novel...I've NEVER heard that before.

"If you find fault at all with Cyprus, then leave" How very rude......

But if you do leave, then you're smug..

And quite mad..

Nice post George, but falling on deaf ears I fear..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:48 pm 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
Gosh that's novel...I've NEVER heard that before.

"If you find fault at all with Cyprus, then leave" How very rude......

But if you do leave, then you're smug..

And quite mad..

Nice post George, but falling on deaf ears I fear..

For someone who loves to correct everyone, you should have noticed that Jacs stated about escaping the "cesspit" of Cyprus, not me. Own goal I think! Well done!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm 
Star

My last sentence was for George ( Jacs ) only...she would understand I was complementing her post.

The rest of my reply was for you, no correctness involved, just pointing out words that you wrote...

When you keep digging, you eventually fall in don't you?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:03 am 
Top of the pops

Lynsab wrote:
My last sentence was for George ( Jacs ) only...she would understand I was complementing her post.

The rest of my reply was for you, no correctness involved, just pointing out words that you wrote...

When you keep digging, you eventually fall in don't you?

Who were your first two lines of your posting for then? Yes, keep on digging Lynsab. If you have no intention of returning to Cyprus to live, at least let those of us enjoy our life here who actually want to live here, and then you can find some outlet for Shropshire to vent your fury on perhaps, instead of having a constant go at Cyprus and those of us who succeeded in enjoying our lives here instead of being failures.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:04 am 
Top of the pops

AND So the MELTDOWN of the Brits commences......

Watch for the next installment.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:33 am 
Rock Star

There is an old saying! Throw away the shovel before you dig a hole so deep you cannot get out of it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
AND So the MELTDOWN of the Brits commences......

Yes, the herd of cash-cows grows ever smaller, with potential new stock not showing an interest.
Unlike Gibralter, the resident monkeys in Cyprus won't sustain you, when they are all gone!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:11 am 
Star

It certainly looks as if someone may be going into meltdown :roll:

But while they're busy...... more good news IMO it seems it's being encouraged to spill the beans. I find this new openness encouraging, the topple will start high up, but once they start falling the changes made hopefully will be significant, encouraging and for those seriously wronged we hope an end to their problems.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/09/30/those ... dentified/

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/09/30/trans ... t-hotline/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:38 am 
Rock Star

Quote:
I find this new openness encouraging

Obviously naivety is your strong suit Lynsab.

For 'new openess', read political rhetoric!
When the first member of the 'elite' are brought to justice (not the minions sacrificed to deflect the blame), then & only then will this grand verbosity start to be believed.

IMHO the intent would carry far more weight if the investigations & prosecutions were actioned by an outside source, such as the Troika.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:36 pm 
Top of the pops

Firstly wavy, I never mentioned anything about leaving the country, only that had I known the level of corruption before I moved here then I would not have moved. I agree that there is a level of corruption in most countries, but most countries have the correct fiscal, penal and legal means of addressing it. Here in Cyprus the lunatics are in charge of the asylum - witnessed only this week with the fiasco of the Aristo et al trial. Add to that the sheer madness of the government refusing to pass the legislation to correct the utterly disgraceful NPL corruption, even in the face of the loss of the next Troika tranche and you will come some way to see why this country is in fact a cesspit of corruption, and if you are unwise enough to either ignore or condone that then you truly are a fool, or should that be plonker?

Please get your facts right, I don't actually front the Paphiakos organisation, I'm simply the spokesperson. Neither have I ever refused to answer any questions, I answer everything which is within my power and knowledge to answer, if the question is beyond that then I refer them to the director of the organisation. You may of course be confusing some of my answers with what you actually want to hear rather than the simple honest truth. Along with many, many others here you simply want to stir and aggravate rather than listen to the truth.

Perhaps you don't call names, (but I would actually challenge that) but you are unnecessarily rude and antagonistic whilst displaying a wholly know-all attitude. You have a knack of creating mayhem from a simple exchange of opinions, but challenge my opinions as much as you like, you don't worry me in the slightest. Bore the pants off the rest of the membership in doing so??Probably.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:53 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
Firstly wavy, I never mentioned anything about leaving the country, only that had I known the level of corruption before I moved here then I would not have moved. I agree that there is a level of corruption in most countries, but most countries have the correct fiscal, penal and legal means of addressing it. Here in Cyprus the lunatics are in charge of the asylum - witnessed only this week with the fiasco of the Aristo et al trial. Add to that the sheer madness of the government refusing to pass the legislation to correct the utterly disgraceful NPL corruption, even in the face of the loss of the next Troika tranche and you will come some way to see why this country is in fact a cesspit of corruption, and if you are unwise enough to either ignore or condone that then you truly are a fool, or should that be plonker?

Please get your facts right, I don't actually front the Paphiakos organisation, I'm simply the spokesperson. Neither have I ever refused to answer any questions, I answer everything which is within my power and knowledge to answer, if the question is beyond that then I refer them to the director of the organisation. You may of course be confusing some of my answers with what you actually want to hear rather than the simple honest truth. Along with many, many others here you simply want to stir and aggravate rather than listen to the truth.

Perhaps you don't call names, (but I would actually challenge that) but you are unnecessarily rude and antagonistic whilst displaying a wholly know-all attitude. You have a knack of creating mayhem from a simple exchange of opinions, but challenge my opinions as much as you like, you don't worry me in the slightest. Bore the pants off the rest of the membership in doing so??Probably.

As you like to talk about corruption in Cyprus, I can state to you that I am not confusing anything with "what I want to hear".
My comment to you as you were firing off about corruption, was that as the "spokesperson" for Paphiakos, you should be well aware of the situation re the VAT, and it is only a matter of time before the IR do another test purchase and define that goods are not being sold for "donations". Perhaps the word "plonker" is best suited to yourself?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 pm 
Top of the pops

To repeat myself yet again wavy, get your facts right. Just for a change.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:47 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
To repeat myself yet again wavy, get your facts right. Just for a change.

To repeat myself George (or Jacs), I do know the facts, and that is why you are trying to deflect the answer,
regardless of your rude and antagonistic comments, that you have the audacity to accuse me of!
You accuse me of being the above in my postings. Let me ask you a question. How many pm's do you
personally have thanking you for your help with information on this web site? I will be very forward and
state I have 15, so how can I have been that antagonistic? No doubt we won't hear of your answer, as looking through your postings, they are either very attacking or defensive with no proper answers. Perhaps we could have an answer on the non
payment of VAT issue on goods sold from the shops, whilst every other charity in Cyprus has paid theirs and don't try to get
away with the "donation" ruse. As you are so critical of fraud and deception in Cyprus, let us know how you have the
authority to differ from all the other charities?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:06 pm 
Rock Star

I find the "level of Corruption" in Cyprus no more or less than any country in the Eastern Mediterranean.

The brown envelope has paved the way to many a transaction and I am not or wasn't surprised to see it big and strong in Cyprus.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:13 pm 
Top of the pops

Simple suggestion to the participants. Its only my opinion but Im sure weve all got bigger and stronger brothers with mightier handbags.

Start another Paphiakos thread to drag them in if you desire.
Start a general disagreement thread to take your rattles somewhere else for pram chucking purposes.
Try to keep (at least loosely) to thread.
Send each other pms or meet in an open field to bang your chests.

Nev, the levels of corruption here are incredible, the longer I work within the system the deeper it gets. It is endemic at absolutely every level and in most professions. Rather than using this crisis as an opportunity to sweep clean or start afresh, the participants are simply becoming worse and more serpentario in their approach. The current collection of miscreants does not even scratch the tip of the pyramid, maybe serve as a short term frightner to some but it just gets worse and more professional in its methodology.

A few have been captured, a few more will but theres thousands to go. Who polices the police, theres the main problem.....
However it is NOT confined to locals, I am aware of several expat British who are benter than nine bob notes. Often the colder the mouth and less melting the butter, the worse they are!!!

Europe and the exUSSR countries have brought in their share of benders and corruption, however its easy to do within such a system as long as everyone involved makes money.

If I were on a commission (from the authorities) to write a book (or several volumes) for my short existence here, I would be a millionaire. But sadly its not the case and external assistance by bodies such as Troika, and the property action groups is needed to focus external attention and maintain the momentum.

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:27 pm 
Top of the pops

Wavy, I'm deflecting nothing, I have no need to, unlike you.Nor do I have a need to seek my popularity measure on a Paphos forum, I can't really believe you did that!! I'm actually secure enough in my own self worth that I don't feel the need to resort to that, thank goodness.

My comments stand, regardless of how popular you deem yourself to be.

You persist in saying that you know the facts. I can tell you quite categorically that you simply don't. Nor have you checked my postings, had you done so you would have found the answer to your question, more than once if I remember.

To repeat myself yet again, the "question" as you so quaintly put it ( I would have actually called it a demand, not a question) has been asked and answered several times on here already. I appreciate that it may be well before your time on here, but hey, if you can take the time to check how many times you've been thanked on here it should be no sweat for you.

Just as an aside,until a few weeks ago Paphiakos did indeed differ from all the other charities in Paphos - they never turned an animal away. Sadly due to cash constraints they now have no option but to stop taking in dogs, albeit they are still being left during out of hours at the clinic and the shelter.

As for deflection, aren't you the person who deflected a thread on the corruption in Paphos to yet another diatribe on Paphiakos? :doh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am 
Top of the pops

Big Nev wrote:
I find the "level of Corruption" in Cyprus no more or less than any country in the Eastern Mediterranean.

The brown envelope has paved the way to many a transaction and I am not or wasn't surprised to see it big and strong in Cyprus.

:goodpost :clap :clap

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:27 am 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
Wavy, I'm deflecting nothing, I have no need to, unlike you.Nor do I have a need to seek my popularity measure on a Paphos forum, I can't really believe you did that!! I'm actually secure enough in my own self worth that I don't feel the need to resort to that, thank goodness.

My comments stand, regardless of how popular you deem yourself to be.

You persist in saying that you know the facts. I can tell you quite categorically that you simply don't. Nor have you checked my postings, had you done so you would have found the answer to your question, more than once if I remember.

To repeat myself yet again, the "question" as you so quaintly put it ( I would have actually called it a demand, not a question) has been asked and answered several times on here already. I appreciate that it may be well before your time on here, but hey, if you can take the time to check how many times you've been thanked on here it should be no sweat for you.

Just as an aside,until a few weeks ago Paphiakos did indeed differ from all the other charities in Paphos - they never turned an animal away. Sadly due to cash constraints they now have no option but to stop taking in dogs, albeit they are still being left during out of hours at the clinic and the shelter.

As for deflection, aren't you the person who deflected a thread on the corruption in Paphos to yet another diatribe on Paphiakos? :doh

You obviously took no notice of Tanny's suggestion even though it was the last posting before your's! :roll: Incidentally you don't read postings correctly. I was answering your accusation that I am antagonistic in my postings, therefore why am I being thanked for being helpful? Also, I did not deflect from this thread, as you were having a go about corruption in Cyprus,
and as the spokesperson for an organisation that has been threatened re their charity status due to non payment of VAT in the past, then you should have sorted out your own business before having a go at Cyprus in general. Oh, and by the way, I do know what went on 2 years ago, and even forecast it would get found out by the IR, as it indeed was within 18 months.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:48 pm 
Top of the pops

"You obviously took no notice of Tanny's suggestion even though it was the last posting before your's! ............"

And you obviously did?? Guess that's a "no" then ?? :smilielol

You know what wavy, I don't actually give a toss about the rubbish you spout, keep on keeping on :bearhug

You really believe your own publicity dont you - ie, you have 15 PMs thanking you for your "help" - well that's the most important thing innit??

The fact that you think you know the "facts" about Paphiakos are a bit irrelevant alongside that Earth shattering nugget I guess.

Get real wavy, you know nothing. Try - instead of ranting here about Paphiakos - asking your village municipality / Mukhtar if they have a dog pound. I can assure you that the answer will undoubtedly be "no". So next question, given that he will have been given funds to provide a dog pound, is why is there no dog pound?? What has he done with the funds provided for just this purpose??

On the very slim off chance that the answer is "yes", then why not ask to see it and check out the condition of the animals therein. Ask to see the records re the capturing and containment of stray dogs, ask to see the records re the food that is provided, ask for the records for any medical treatment given, ask what their policy is regarding euthanising animals, ask how they do it, ask where the euthanised animals are buried, or perhaps even ask where they are cremated, bearing in mind that there is only one animal incinerator in Paphos.Hmmmm...........guess where it is? Ask to see the records re the payment for the incinerated animals.....................................

Among the "facts" that you supposedly know wavy there are these extremely important facts which you have totally disregarded. Why? They are crucially relevant to the accusations you so lamely level at Paphiakos.I strongly advise you to think carefully over this before you post any more rants or dish out any more demands.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:23 pm 
Top of the pops

George wrote:
"You obviously took no notice of Tanny's suggestion even though it was the last posting before your's! ............"

And you obviously did?? Guess that's a "no" then ?? :smilielol

You know what wavy, I don't actually give a toss about the rubbish you spout, keep on keeping on :bearhug

You really believe your own publicity dont you - ie, you have 15 PMs thanking you for your "help" - well that's the most important thing innit??

The fact that you think you know the "facts" about Paphiakos are a bit irrelevant alongside that Earth shattering nugget I guess.

Get real wavy, you know nothing. Try - instead of ranting here about Paphiakos - asking your village municipality / Mukhtar if they have a dog pound. I can assure you that the answer will undoubtedly be "no". So next question, given that he will have been given funds to provide a dog pound, is why is there no dog pound?? What has he done with the funds provided for just this purpose??

On the very slim off chance that the answer is "yes", then why not ask to see it and check out the condition of the animals therein. Ask to see the records re the capturing and containment of stray dogs, ask to see the records re the food that is provided, ask for the records for any medical treatment given, ask what their policy is regarding euthanising animals, ask how they do it, ask where the euthanised animals are buried, or perhaps even ask where they are cremated, bearing in mind that there is only one animal incinerator in Paphos.Hmmmm...........guess where it is? Ask to see the records re the payment for the incinerated animals.....................................

Among the "facts" that you supposedly know wavy there are these extremely important facts which you have totally disregarded. Why? They are crucially relevant to the accusations you so lamely level at Paphiakos.I strongly advise you to think carefully over this before you post any more rants or dish out any more demands.

Oh dear - got your back up? Your threats mean nothing. :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:55 pm 
Star

Transparency International - Cyprus has published  its 3rd Annual Corruption Perception Survey. The findings indicated that the general public is concerned that politicians at national and local level as well as officials awarding public tender abuse their power the most for personal gain. Ninety one per cent of the respondents felt that corruption is a major problem in the country and 79% feel that it will increase due to the financial crisis.

The findings are available at: http://www.transparencycyprus.org/el/wo ... hives/1026

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:51 pm 
Rock Star

Transparency International - Cyprus has published its 3rd Annual Corruption Perception Survey.

Dated March 2013,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:15 pm 
Star

Paul & Lesley wrote:
Transparency International - Cyprus has published its 3rd Annual Corruption Perception Survey.

Dated March 2013,

Yes the second article quoted in the Cyprus Mail this week is connected to that...

http://cyprus-mail.com/2014/09/30/trans ... t-hotline/

Which is connected to the OP, which is all about the meltdown..

It's good news IMO..They're DOING something....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:44 pm 
Idol

I understand that when the Cypriot politicians were interviewed for the corruption survey, 92% responded "Give me 1000 euros, and you can have any answer you like"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:01 pm 
Rock Star

Quote:
"Give me 1000 euros, and you can have any answer you like"

I understand some eventually accepted less, does that show things are improving?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:26 pm 

Lynsab wrote:
Ninety one per cent of the respondents felt that corruption is a major problem in the country and 79% feel that it will increase due to the financial crisis.

Only 91%? I have to admit, I'm shocked :greetings

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body