The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:31 pm 
Rock Star

~~~~and then it is winter~~~~~
WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO READ THIS I WAS READING QUICKLY UNTIL I REACHED THE THIRD SENTENCE. THEN I STOPPED AND STARTED OVER, READING MORE SLOWLY AND THINKING ABOUT EVERY WORD.
And then it is Winter.
The seasons of our life
You know. . . time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years. It seems just yesterday that I was young, just married and embarking on my new life with my mate. Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went. I know that I lived them all. I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams.

But, here it is... the winter of my life and it catches me by surprise. How did I get here so fast? Where did the years go and where did my youth go? I remember well...seeing older people through the years and thinking that those older people were years away from me and that winter was so far off that I could not fathom it or imagine fully what it would be like.

But, here it is. My friends are retired and getting grey...they move slower and I see an older person now. Some are in better and some in worse shape than me...but, I see the great change...Not like the friends I remember who were young and vibrant...but, like me, their age is beginning to show, and we are now those older folks that we used to see and never thought we'd be. Each day now, I find that just getting a shower is a real target for the day! And taking a nap is not a treat anymore... it's mandatory! Cause if I don't do it of my own free will... I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to go and do things that I wish I had done but never did!! But, at least I know, that the winter has come, and I'm not sure how long it will last. This I know. . . when it's over, its over.

Yes, I have regrets. There are things I wish I hadn't done...things I should have done, but, indeed, there are many things I'm happy to have done. It's all in a lifetime.

So, if you're not in your winter yet...let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think. So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life, please do it quickly! Don't put things off too long!! Life goes by quickly. Do what you can today, as you can never be sure whether this is your winter or not! You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of your life...so, live for today and say all the things that you want your loved ones to remember...and hope that they appreciate and love you for all the things that you have done for them in all the years past!!

"Life" is a gift to you. The way you live your life is your gift to those who come after. Make it a fantastic one.

Remember: It is health that is real wealth . . . not pieces of gold and silver.

Life is too short to let even one day
be frenzied or frazzled or frittered away.
Life is too short not to take time to do
the things that will hold the most meaning for you.

So let yourself float like a leaf on a stream,
relax with your memories and let yourself dream.
Throw out your list that's impossibly long,
and dance a few steps to a favorite song...

Turn off the news and go find someone real
who'll listen and talk and affirm what you feel.
Life is too short and flies by if you let it
so choose what you want every day--
and go and get it.

And then it is Winter.

You know. . . time has a way

PS: A special thanks goes out to a friend who forwarded me this wonderful message. I hope you will enjoy the message just as I have.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body