Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:04 pm 
Top of the pops

Any members got + or -'s regards http://www.primetel.com.cy broadband supplier? I have been with Cytanet for almost 9 years and Primetel have a 6 month half price offer on at the moment and free installation plus say they will give 8 megabits, cheaper than I am paying Cyta for 2 megabits!!!
I am in a Primetel supply area.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 am 

I have moved this topic from the gadgets section as it appears to be of more general interest.

Cyril :greetings

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:40 am 
Top of the pops

:morning OK Cyril,! I was wondering which section to post in? Still no answers to my query though!! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:41 am 

I have moved from cyta to primetel - the 6 month half price deal for landline, internet, and mobile phone. I am very happy with their service and not only saving money I have great internet speed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:29 pm 
Top of the pops

I'd be interested in moving, however we have a cytanet email address and the thought of having to change everything to a new email is going to be awful. Don't suppose anyone has any ideas of how to get around this?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:08 pm 
Top of the pops

alan, change to a 3rd party email provider (eg hotmail, gmail etc) and then you can switch internet service providers without having to worry about losing access to email. Yes a pain to change your registered email address with websites etc but long term you will be in a better position i think.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:45 pm 
Rock Star

We have used Spidernet, Primetels predecessor, and now Primetel for many years. We have no problems with this company. Prices for internet and phone calls also much cheaper than Cytanet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:32 pm 
Top of the pops

BigDutch wrote:
alan, change to a 3rd party email provider (eg hotmail, gmail etc) and then you can switch internet service providers without having to worry about losing access to email. Yes a pain to change your registered email address with websites etc but long term you will be in a better position i think.

I understand that as did mine with hotmail but was wondering fi there was an easier way to transfer partners rather than going through a major hassle of writing to everyone and changing it on websites. Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while. Thanks anyway!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:51 am 
Top of the pops

I was happy with them up until recently when they kindly sent me an e-mail saying we had been upgraded to 8mg for free - great, done speed test and it was worse than it was before the upgrade. Phoned them and they say we are too far away from the box - what box I say, their box or our box as I will pay for the electrician to come in and alter ours as not happy with the position of it anyway (what they did was not just plug the modem in, but take the plug off it to the wall and put it inside the socket so if I want to move the computer I have to pay for their electrician to come in and move it) I am still none the wiser which box they were talking about, just I am paying for 4mg when most people have 8mg paying the same price - just not ***** fair. :-(

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:25 pm 
Top of the pops

MALSUE wrote:
Any members got + or -'s regards http://www.primetel.com.cy broadband supplier? I have been with Cytanet for almost 9 years and Primetel have a 6 month half price offer on at the moment and free installation plus say they will give 8 megabits, cheaper than I am paying Cyta for 2 megabits!!!
I am in a Primetel supply area.

:woohoo I signed up for a 2 year period on Friday 31 August, (The clerk said it would take about 3 weeks for installation) receptionist phoned Monday 10th Sep to say engineer (Andreas) would arrive to dismantle Cyta parts and install Primetel at 11.00 to 11.30 Thursday morning (which happened to the minute :celeb2 :celeb2 ).

So we now have up to 8 megabits (cheaper than 2 megabits from Cyta)
Andreas said we were in a very strong area and could receive up to 10 megabits :woohoo
It's all working very well indeed and Apple TV is 'flying along' brilliant !!! ' puter getting i-player BBC or ITV at same time, no pixelation, Sue & self are two happy people.
I took my 'Cyta' bits back yesterday and cancelled my Cyta contract.
Because I was house owner at time I took out Cyta contract,
I didn't have a deposit returned as didn't pay a deposit.

(I have used for years http://portal.onspeed.com/ and it only costs me now £17.99 a year !! gives a UK address)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:59 pm 

We changed from Cyta to Primetel last November after over 7yrs and have had no issues. We had to call Primetel out last week after we switched our power off while we were away for 10 days as our TV package wouldn't boot up when we came back although internet was fine. All fixed the day after we reported it by the same guy who came out to do our initial installation.

New box, new security code and everything is all hunky dory since.

We get 6mb plus TV at the same price we were paying for 4mb with Cyta.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 am 
Idol

we keep thinking about swapping .Cyta to prime tel. where is the prime tel shop in Paphos located , please. Will drop in and see what they have to offer. Julia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:00 am 
Top of the pops

All I can say if it goes wrong, be prepared for a long wait. I am still waiting one week on with speeds of - well it has gone up from 0.10mbps to 0.13mbps which means I can't watch TV or even listen to any decent radio and it is driving me nuts.

"Your dog is your friend, your partner, your defender. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:10 am 
Top of the pops

flamingo wrote:
we keep thinking about swapping .Cyta to prime tel. where is the prime tel shop in Paphos located , please. Will drop in and see what they have to offer. Julia

:morning Go along through the traffic lights with the Court House on your left and turn left at next traffic lights & Primetel Office is just on the right.

Shop 1
17, Neofytou Nikolaidi
Shop 1 (by street Kilkis)
Gerakopetra Megaro
Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday), 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Saturday)

http://www.primetel.com.cy/en/primetel-shops#tab0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm 
Idol

thanks for directions Julia

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body