Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 pm 
Junior

As all, we too have noticed 60% rise in electric costs, both at home and our work, our house is timber frame so retains heat well, bill was so high last quarter we checked the meter, any way was dreading the buisness bill , was away two weeks at xmas and came home too two large bills as you all have too........ taking the giraffe really ,ive seen many facebook campains which i think are good to a point, we are all in the same boat here so who is to blame, the goverment or EAC..., i dont want too be shot down in flames but the only way i can see this getting better for us all is to take legal action agaisnt first the cyp goverment and the EAC..., anyway, i see many paypal accounts set up for funds raising for good course etc,which have been very successful , well to me this is important, perhaps 25000 expats and 700,000 cypriots should set up an account to appoint a lawyer to take action....imagine a paypall account with 2 euros from us all to take this to court, or whats needed......and if we win all monies given to charity, of course by said lawyer.....what do you think

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:17 pm 
Top of the pops

All very thrilling, but who do you see as paying for the replacement power station and the move to a cleaner fuel for the production of electricity. If not the EAC through higher charges, then it will be the government through higher tax etc. In effect we only have a choice over whether we pay with our left hand or our right hand.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:13 pm 
Junior

to all that bothered to read the post........no action possibly can be taken here until the the case agaisnt the goverment for the deceased from the ( mari ) disaster has been to court,..the families case may never go to court as the goverment may (eventually) settle out of court,.. but if it does and negligence is proved then a further case on top of this negligence charge COULD materialize....., this was the advise i was given today by a lawyer/ barrister here who by the way has several times almost got to the EU courts but towards the end he has won the case here, well in his words case closed.........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:05 pm 
Star

Well I have, today just received my electric bill and to my amazement there is a difference of only 10 euros from the last one!!!! 185 euros :!: :!: :!: :!: Certainly NO 60% rise :!: We have used exactly the same appliances and we live in a house so I was very pleased.
Yvonne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:41 pm 
Top of the pops

When we came over we brought a load of energy saving bulbs and changed all the light bulbs in the property we rented, in the UK there'd been a drive to get people to change over with an enticement of 0.50p per bulb.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body