Mr-Woo Chinese and Thai Restaurant

The Haris Bar Restaurant

Buy Home in Cyprus banner

Simon the FLYman banner

Paphos Will Writers

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:11 am 
Rock Star

I went there on sunday with a mate , excellent turnout , i was surprised at the selection of older and classic cars, i believe paphos and limmasol car clubs turned out . Not everybody's thing but in the past have done my time at carshows and autojumbles , oh happy days .
The show did have one down side though there was a radio station there ! Standing next to my mate infront of a car we had to shout into each others ears to hear each other ! I got annoyed off with this horrible situation and put in my trusty ear plugs it was a car show not a nightclub !
Sadly this type of noise pollution is common now and is one reason why i generally aviod public events , even the mall ! I carry earplugs mainly for when we have to go in jumbo or we have a meal at WagaMama, i f you sit outside then you can listen to Wagamamas music , pizza next door music and the mall common area music , all 3 together !
Oh to get our 2 hectare agricultural plot on the outskirts of a small village and retire from society.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:36 am 
Top of the pops

I absolutely agree on the loud music and sounds, which of course in surroundings such as the Mall are designed to make you buy more like a zombie.

The car show is normally well attended and run with many local contributors. Simon is usually in place with a few machines as well.

The plot and house I can help with!!

Live your dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:01 am 
Rock Star

The music does not make me a zombie , it makes me an angry old man that dreams of putting a sledge hammer through the mp3/computer , so i use a more passive response and put in my ear plugs ! My thought processes are easily disrupted and this noise basically prevents me from concentrating on what i want to buy , so if i dont have a list i will often leave the shop without things i wanted .
It was the first car show i had been to here and was well impressed and surprisingly the music wasnt bad but why does it have to be so loud you cant talk to each other ? In case anyone is curious no i dont ever goto bars or pubs either .
At the weekend on the polis road about 5km outside of polis on the left is a restaurant , no name ? I think , lovely little family run business, no music or if there was it was gentle background , great meal , good value , slow cooking , but was well worth the wait ! I would recommend to anyone looking for a tradition menu . :sunny
Our dream , we have been looking in the theletra area valley . When we say we want to build everyone instantly asummes we want a massive luxury villa with pool and concrete every where, this could not be further from the truth . We want 120 sqm single storey log/wooden cabin and sheds to store agricultural equipment , maybe later we have chickens and goats. We want an agricultural plot of 1 to 2 hectares to live on plot and farm it ! Well as we learn how . Echos of " The Good Life " perhaps . A well and electric would be good too

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body