Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Access help please
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:01 am 

Can anyone help please i'm using vista with Microsoft office 2007. I'm trying to find autoreport in access to no avail. I've been on to microsoft help that dosen't mention it,the only feedback i get is that it is within the report wizard step but it isn't. The old Office Access previous was straight forward but this new ribbon system is not so good they put things in different places where you don't expect them. At the moment iam doing a database course and need this to get it finished. I've even been on to my tutors and they can't help because they haven't used it yet. This is the last section of my course and was hoping to get it done and dusted in the next week or two so any help would be appreciated as i can't move on till i've done this. Thanks for listening Mick. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:07 am 
Hi Mick,

Personally I've not heard of it myself either but we have quite a few computer boffins on the site, so hopefully one of those will be able to help you out :?

Good luck with your course :)

Post subject: access
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am 

Thanks very much i've done all the other courses word procesing and spreadsheets just this one to go fingers crossed hey thanks again anyway Mick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:03 pm 
Top of the pops

I`m writing an applications in Access and/or VB but due to company contraints its the 2000 Office release with 2005 SQL Server so whilst i had hoped to help, i've not even dared install 2007 on my local machine for fear of anything created not being backward compatible once in production ! So apologies for not even being able to suggest something considering you have used pre-ribbon Access and presumably the new report wizard isn't acessible the same way? Hopefully the answer provided on microsoft.public.access.reports should help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:45 pm 

Just a guess - is autoreport (or that aspect of the report wizard) perhaps not installed for you?
If you go to Access2007 or Office2007 in Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs, maybe you can revisit the installation and tick a box to install that stuff ('Change' -> 'Add/Remove Features'; will probably need to insert the Office 2007 installation CD)
You can probably achieve the same thing by inserting the Office2007 or Access2007 CD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:57 pm 

Hi i've been on the microsoft public help sights and they think it is still in the report wizard but unfortunatly it isn't all that is there is the normal report wizard. It's hard to know where to look but i will i need to finish this course and can't go any further without it' funny realy i've had no problem with word or excel in this format thanks anyway. Mick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:11 pm 

did you check what components of Office/Access2007 are installed on your system? (as per my previous post)
If in doubt, install everything.

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body