Paphos People

The Paphos and District Information Site

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:01 am 
Graduate

After waiting a fortnight for NTV to sort out the problems with their HD Sky and BT Sports' Channels, they are now back online and working well.

But for Formula 1 fans there is an addition bonus even if you are on the basic UK Premium package at €14.95 a month. Sky Sports Formula 1, which was previously only available in SD, is now available in HD. Now that is good news.

Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you. (Ovid)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:46 pm 

HEVC H.265 via the MAG257/350 will be starting soon ,as we expect sky to close their SD service and only offer HD,UHD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:16 pm 
Graduate

Paul Novak wrote:
HEVC H.265 via the MAG257/350 will be starting soon ,as we expect sky to close their SD service and only offer HD,UHD

What on earth has this got to do with my original post?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:55 pm 

i was pointing out that after many weeks of only offering a service that SKY will be closing soon,that you are making a big thing about HD which is about to be downgraded with the launch of SKY UHD
maybe if you said ´NTV to start UHD service´ ,as we are for XMAS,and HD on 2mb ,then it might be worth getting the flags out,but to say ´we now have a 15 year old service working ,so you dont need to watch a 50 year old service ...need i say more

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:29 pm 
Rock Star

Paul, to get the best from your service do you need to have a mag257? And is a full HD TV 1080p OK?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:10 pm 

if your looking for SD/HD on 2mb then the MAG257 would be fine
but if you looking ahead for UHD then you should go for the MAG350

GOOGLE mag 350 iptv
i know we are going to drop the HD service using H.264 on the MAG250/254/270 making that a
SD only box which is what the average person will be more then happy with

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:30 am 
Graduate

Paul Novak wrote:

So that is how to make a thread meaningless. You edit the post that I referred to, removing the link to the video from Sky (presumably) and then start advertising for a company that you presumably are connected to ... all on a thread that I started to help people access F1 in HD, which had not been available by the company I and many others subscribe to.

If you are indeed representing such a company, that's fair enough. Perhaps you might like to explain that. I am more than happy to look at new products and services, as there can always be something better around the corner. You claim that your company will be offering (via a box that is not yet available) Sky in HD and UHD. If this includes Sky Sports and costs less than the €14,95 a month I am paying I would be interested and I should imagine many other people in Cyprus would be. I wait with bated breath for your response.

Last edited by MacManiac on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 am 

TOPIC - NTV - news for Formula 1 fans.

But for Formula 1 fans there is an addition bonus even if you are on the basic UK Premium package at €14.95 a month.

yes - i agree people who start threads and plug a bizness :roll:

As for the links being removed as some secret plan to take over the world mr.bond ....
its was the MOD ...No links please ... :grin:

H.265/HEVC HD/UHD is the same price to send down the pipe as normal SD using H.264 and TRUE ;) HD cost five times as much using the same old system .
WITHOUT 14 DAY CATCHUP the price for basic sport will be €10 .
we are even launchng a portal for FREE :celebrate with 50 english channels on it news/docs/sport on the MAG250 - zktv.live

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:12 pm 
Graduate

Despite making allowances for the fact that English is obviously not your first language, I am still puzzled why you wished to hijack a thread I started. It was for the benefit of people who subscribe to NTV.

I tracked down the company website you apparantly represent, to find out that they state that rebroadcasting Sky Sports is illegal and there is a lengthy spiel about how their service is legal because of a ruling by a Swiss court.

Truly amazed at what the English would call "your brass neck".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:48 pm 
Master

Paul Novak wrote:
TOPIC - NTV - news for Formula 1 fans.

But for Formula 1 fans there is an addition bonus even if you are on the basic UK Premium package at €14.95 a month.

yes - i agree people who start threads and plug a bizness :roll:

As for the links being removed as some secret plan to take over the world mr.bond ....
its was the MOD ...No links please ... :grin:

H.265/HEVC HD/UHD is the same price to send down the pipe as normal SD using H.264 and TRUE ;) HD cost five times as much using the same old system .
WITHOUT 14 DAY CATCHUP the price for basic sport will be €10 .
we are even launchng a portal for FREE :celebrate with 50 english channels on it news/docs/sport on the MAG250 - zktv.live

when and where do we get the free stuff then

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 pm 

MacManiac wrote:
Despite making allowances for the fact that English is obviously not your first language, I am still puzzled why you wished to hijack a thread I started. It was for the benefit of people who subscribe to NTV.

I tracked down the company website you apparantly represent, to find out that they state that rebroadcasting Sky Sports is illegal and there is a lengthy spiel about how their service is legal because of a ruling by a Swiss court.

maybe you can say NTV ,but to state But for Formula 1 fans there is an addition bonus even if you are on the basic UK Premium package at €14.95 a month. Sky Sports Formula 1, which was previously only available in SD, is now available in HD is giving a price for a commerical product ,so leaving yourself open to another commercial company,giving their comment on what you are ´selling´ and the public have no way of knowing if you are a Wolf im Schafspelz or a a real peson .if you wish to be a virgin and only have kind words then my advice would be not to state costs.which have nothing to do with your point of the HD replacing the SD service.
you are also right that a swiss court threw out the case from the BBC regarding TV coming out of switzerland
that case is regarding FREE TO VIEW channels in europe . i am no sure where you read to ´ rebroadcasting Sky Sports is illegal´ on the website.

Last edited by Paul Novak on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:59 pm 

toonarmy9752 wrote:
Paul Novak wrote:
when and where do we get the free stuff then

1/12 email your MAC Number 001A79xxxx ,fixed telephone number and name - pm me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:43 am 
Major

Paul Novak wrote:
MacManiac wrote:

maybe you can say NTV ,but to state But for Formula 1 fans there is an addition bonus even if you are on the basic UK Premium package at €14.95 a month. Sky Sports Formula 1, which was previously only available in SD, is now available in HD is giving a price for a commerical product ,so leaving yourself open to another commercial company,giving their comment on what you are ´selling´ and the public have no way of knowing if you are a Wolf im Schafspelz or a a real peson .if you wish to be a virgin and only have kind words then my advice would be not to state costs.which have nothing to do with your point of the HD replacing the SD service.
you are also right that a swiss court threw out the case from the BBC regarding TV coming out of switzerland
that case is regarding FREE TO VIEW channels in europe . i am no sure where you read to ´ rebroadcasting Sky Sports is illegal´ on the website.

...in English please...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:20 pm 
Star

Paul Novak wrote:

Has anyone taken up Paul's offer of the free portal ?

Was it a true free portal or just a trial period ?

Last edited by Number6 on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 pm 

134 people in europe have ...
i have no idea why people are still paying double the price for NTV and then saying it buffers ??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:08 am 
Master

my ntv buffers very rarely...

and the free offer is i believe for channels you wouldnt normally be asking to view - there isn't any bbc or itv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:26 pm 

sorry i will no longer be posting here ,as i fall foul of its policies
im sure if you wish to find me then you will do so .....
paul

Paphos people botton - viewtopic_body